Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Library needs to really be useful.

I think what I would expect a library to have would be:

Preferred fonts
    Company Logos
    Lower thirds that were created using the graphic panel (saved transitions used to introduce those lower thirds)
    A color pallet
    Perhaps an opener and closing slate. These simply could be the graphic elements saved in their proper sequence before rendering to a video.
    Typically in the past I would have to search for an old project, open it, copy those elements to the now project, then find the actual assets such as music, fonts (if using a different computer) logos ect. and copy those…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Upgraded to Mojave: Clips import with Glitches

I upgraded to Mojave two days ago, and now when I import clips into a project and drag into the timeline, they are completely glitched and unusable. The audio will still play fine, but the video preview is filled with "Max Headroom" glitches. When you export media, the glitches are still intact on the final .mp4.

This is not to be confused with "lag" in the preview, due to memory or whatever. The actual imported clips are being corrupted somehow. The videos play just fine outside of Premiere.

I'll have to dial it back to the last OS until this…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Essential Sounds

When you check or uncheck an effect in Essential Sound. Do not delete the Effect in Effect Pannel => "Mute" it

AND

Global Audio Effect on/off Button in Essential Grafics to easy hear with and without Effects

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Collection of Project auto-inclusive of nest + Elements Contained within nests

It would be so useful and could reduce missing media if when you go to collect a sequence that contains nests, that in the PROJECT MANAGER, the nests contained in that sequence have their boxes CHECKED, just like the sequence you've selected to collect is.

As of right now, it's a manual process of stepping through the entire sequence, listing the nests contained within, and ensuring their selection boxes are checked prior to COLLECTING.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. highlighted text doesn't change colour through CC library

in the previous version i was able to: create a text, highlight a word in that text and change its colour individually; i used a colour that was saved in my library through creative cloud. but now, when i do the same thing, it doesn't make an action till i deselect and then instead, it changes the entire text. this is a reoccurring bug.

it does work when i change the colour through the colour values at the top right of the window

v20.0.0
    macbook pro
    OS Mojave
    OS v10.14

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. please add mp3 import ... that doesn't skipping around randomly

Isn't it strange that it's the end of 2018. The latest version of Premiere Pro is named 2019... But Adobe has no idea how to import mp3 files reliably?

Sometimes it works splendidly. I just pick the file. Import it and it plays back and renders just fine.

Then... at a seemingly random date and time... Premiere decides to totally freak out over mp3 files in particular. The very same files I had no problem with before is now imported all garbled. It's like it's been put into a blender and random bits at random times are moved around like…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Slow and Painful

I am running a HP Omen 870-210, 7th generation i3-7100, 8 gb ddr4, 1 tb drive, AMD Radeon X 460.I have used premiere pro 2018 to do some very large projects. While the system did get bogged down from time to time, over all it worked really well. Updated to 2019 and, what a disaster.
    Simply masking out a still image. Click wait a minute or two then can click again. It freezes up for long periods Try going back to 2018 and 17 but same issue follows. Though it might be something on my system, even though I did…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Replace with after effects is broken

Since the 2019 update, right-clicking clips -> Replace with After Effects composition is now broken for me. It gets a lot of incorrect clip lengths. Please see the attached before and after.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export captions checkbox in Export settings

Historically we've been choosing between video and audio to export. Recently Premiere has significantly improved support for subtitles. I consider reasonable adding a checkbox, which will clearly indicate subtitle presence.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Premiere shows an error dialog when I set a marker on a read-only video clip

My footage is primarily sourced from a SAN which 95% of the time is in a read-only mode for me. When I set a marker on a clip from that SAN na error dialog appears in the lower right saying it "The file is busy and couldn't be updated." You can get rid of it by turning off "show Event Indicator" in Preferences > General but then of course that kills ALL event warnings.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Up & down keys use, in source window...

I use up & down keys in the Source window to jump to in and out points.
    This works fine with a normal clip.
    Please, please can you get this to work for a merged clip, as I have to use 'Shift I'or O' in and outs while using the merged clip.
    Up and down keys don't operate in the same manner, whilst in merged clip.
    Is there a fix here or can you update this?

Kindest things

J

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiple program monitors

More than one program monitor
    So we can compare different timelines easily

A menu where we can select what timeline to view.
    on sequences right click and open in Program monitor 1 / 2 +

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add GPU acceleration to Median effect

This is an incredibly useful effect when needed. Unfortunately it is very slow. Updating it to modern standards with GPU acceleration would be beneficial

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create Multi-cam sequence should happen in the background

When creating a multicam sequence, The process should happen in the background so that we can continue to edit. Working on long form, documentary style projects, there are many interviews that need to be multi cam and the time it takes for each one to sync eats into edit time. If the process happened in the background, like proxy generation, that would free up Premiere to be able to edit at the same time.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Preimere Pro 2019

After updating to PP 2019, I noticed "Reveal In Project" feature no longer works. After match framing a clip, loading it into the browser, right click used to allow Reveal In Project. It would find the clip and highlight it. No longer works.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Service for clients or team members to review and give notes on videos

Ideally this would be a new web app for Adobe CC that functions similar to Wipster.io. It would give editors the ability to quickly export a cut to the cloud for team members and clients to watch and give notes. Those notes would then push to the timeline where an editor can review, comment, or mark them as complete.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a "New Project Template" for PP like what exists for AE.

I would like a feature that allows me to load a template that has my standard bin structure already created when I open a new project. I currently do so by opening a template file that I have on my desktop and resaving it. While this works, I think this should be a feature integrated int he program. After Effects handles this in a simple way that I think could easily work for PP where you point to a file for it to reference when you open a new Project.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CC2019 Proxie hanging and affecting everything else.

Whilst creating Proxies in Premiere Pro CC2019, Both Premiere pro and Media Encoder CC2019 stall and do not finish the job. It just hangs and never finishes creating the proxies.
    My mac specs are attached.
    It also cant be forced quit or shut down. The error affects everything on the iMac. Only way to stop it is to hold the power button to shut the mac down

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base