Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make a typewriter effect native to Premiere

You can use a typewriter effect in After Effects but it seems like such a simple one to implement into Premiere and saves having to use that system if people don't have it or it complicates the workflow.
    Also add an optional blinking line option to the effect

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. error Code - 160962995

error Code - 160962995

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Relink and rename to proper file

When you're relinking to a file with the same filename but different extension (.mov to .R3D), give Premiere the ability to rename the clip to match the filename

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. denoiser is broken, so is adaptive noise reductioon

Not only does the new ANR leave noise at the beginning of every clip (as is posted else where), but the controls don't seem to do anything, even bypass does nothing, just an overly corrected denoising sound where the fixed result sounds distorted like alien voices.

On top of that, the once beautiful legacy denoiser effect now has the same problem!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rubbish Software Premiere Pro

Rubbish Software Automatically Stops Working,Hanging,Freezing and everything.One of the world's Rubbish Software.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Vegas Pro Play/Pause options

The ability to stop the playhead at a specific part, press play, and then pressing the pause button where it reverts back to the playhead instead of the playhead now being at the paused point. In Vegas pro this is how the space button works, the playhead remains still but the playback continues to move, if you hit the enter key THEN it stops in place and puts the playhead where you currently are

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug Report: Unsharp mask effects changes luminance and creates banding on 10bits footage

When used unsharp mask with lumetri over a clip, the unsharp mask by it salef changes luminance on the clip, also on 10 bit color footage it degrades the image and create banding affects because this effect process the footage in 8 bits.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug: Cross dissolves on black video

I have encountered a bug on cross dissolves applied to 'black video' on a track. For context, this is to create a mask to dim part of the screen. Anyway, when the seq is played, there is a brief flash at the start of the transition that shows the black video, then it disappears and fades in as normal. Based on what I've experienced, this only bugs on "in" dissolves--cross dissolves between two black video objects or cross dissolve out doesn't have the same issue.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New sequence that matches timecode of footage (Time of Day)

Not sure how to get this to work and have looked all over the place for it.

One of the most useful features I've found from other NLE's is the fact that you can create a new sequence that matches the timecode of your footage... It might be the fact that Premiere isn't importing the metadata from XML's from the FS7, but this would clear up so much frustration when you're working from a continuity or shotlist from the day.

Again, this feature may exist but I can't find it anywhere.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Collect and Consolidate media living outside root folder

Move any loose files living outside root folder, i.e. music tracks, graphics that are still living in the downloads folder and move to a miscellaneous folder within the specified root folder.

This could even be a more manual process just highlighting what does live out the root folder clearly and allow the user to copy.

It's often unnecessary to copy all files for archiving and when I want to change workstations I hope that this would save space and time.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. How to fix the "write-on" effect

Hi Guys,

I am currently cutting a premiere project for which I need an intro. This intro I wanted to create with the "write-on" effect but unfortunately as soon as I want to start something my CPU goes up.

Whereby I have a really good computer: Ryzen 5 1500X, 16GB DDR4 2400, Geforce GTX 1050Ti.

Since the project is quite important to me, my question is how to fix it?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Global Progress Bar

Add global progress bar for any processing happening such as morph cut and warp stabilizer. Sometimes I have several sequences processing, and I'm waiting to batch export but there's no way to know when all the processing is done besides going into each sequence and checking manually.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please fix Lumetri!

I can't get into the Lumetri color panel anymore. It's fine if I apply Lumetri in the effects tab, but if I want to switch to the full color module it crashes. I can't work like this at all. It's been many months now and before long I have to switch NLE.

I'm on a Windows 10 PC.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Relevant (not just numbered) file names for workspaces

Currently, workspaces are saved as UserWorkspace1.xml, UserWorkspace2.xml, etc. Would be very helpful if their file names reflected what they are called within Premiere, as Keyboard layouts are. Would make it a lot easier to share workspaces across computers.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Import selected sequences not working

Recently I have been unable to import selected sequences from other Premiere Pro projects. I go through all of the steps, press "OK", but nothing happens.

The work around is opening said project and then just copying and pasting the desired sequence, but this means that I get tons of duplicate media. Please fix this!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Implement Optional Motion Blur for Some Video Transitions

Allow us to choose how much motion blur to add to transitions like Push & Slide that move the video around.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. import edl

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to tell Premiere to link to the media already in the project when importing an edl.
    Currently, when I import an edl in Premiere, it creates a folder with the media offline and the sequence so I have to relink the media. In most cases I already have the media I need in the project so it would be great to have a way to link the media in the sequence to existing media so to avoid duplicates in the project and waste time relinking.

Thanks

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Highlight selected clips in project window with more visible color

When using premiere on the darkest setting selected clips in the project window are highlighted in a lighter grey color. My eyes often have to search for a highlighted clip. The clip should use the same blue highlight color as text and other highlighted options allowing a quicker visual reference.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sending Video Transitions to After Effects Doesn't Work Anymore

This has been broken (or possibly removed) for multiple versions now. You used to be able to select a bunch of clips that have cross dissolves in Premiere Pro, and send them to After Effects where they would arrive including opacity keyframes. This no longer works, and it should.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base