Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Highlight selected clips in project window with more visible color

When using premiere on the darkest setting selected clips in the project window are highlighted in a lighter grey color. My eyes often have to search for a highlighted clip. The clip should use the same blue highlight color as text and other highlighted options allowing a quicker visual reference.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sending Video Transitions to After Effects Doesn't Work Anymore

This has been broken (or possibly removed) for multiple versions now. You used to be able to select a bunch of clips that have cross dissolves in Premiere Pro, and send them to After Effects where they would arrive including opacity keyframes. This no longer works, and it should.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PPRo and Encore are slow compared to other apps

We need premier pro and encore to use more than one gpu whole performance has been slowing down the past three years adobe was fastest now not so much need support for multiple Graphics cards

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. All my clips turn magenta and green when opened up in Premiere

All my clips have suddenly started turning green and magenta when opened up in Premiere.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to close current project when opening another project.

I would like the option to close the current project I'm working on when opening a second project. In Logic Pro if you're working in one project and open a second, a dialogue box pops up asking if you would like to close the current project or keep both open.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Nest auto name default choices

Currently when nesting the name defaults to nested sequence and a number. Instead, offer a custom default for the sequence.
    For example. First Nest on a sequence prompts to use default or custom, after setting custom, each time you nest, custom name will be the default. At the very least, the "sequence name-nest#" would be better than the current default of "nested sequence#"

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow keyframe orientation in audio ducking

We need an option to have the keyframing with audio ducking to happen centred on a transition as opposed to always before. You end up with big dull spots of audio that I always have to correct by moving the keyframes to centered over the transition (start of speech etc). Also be good to have this option when applying multiple audio transitions. This is a very useful feature in avid.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Re-enable free x-positioning of open captions (this worked in PPro2017)

This refers mainly to open captions for non-TV usage.

The position of captions does not allow for negative values anymore. So we are stuck with the left margin (x=0) being roughly at the standard "title safe" position. However, if your project is not limited by TV-standards and you want to use the entire screen width for subtitling, you can't. Any title will just go offscreen on the right with no way to re-center it. This was working in CC 2017 when PPro yould accept x values below zero. Please change this back again.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fullscreen Mode aka Lightroom

A fullscreen mode aka in Lightroom will be nice.. especially on our laptop, you can save space for another track on the timeline.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Set to frame size" to work with keyframes and remap them accordingly

When changing from "Scale to frame size" to "Set to frame size" instead of deleting motion keyframes, remap them accordingly so that the motion is still retained. This way we don't have to re-animate them from scratch.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Shortcut for Next and Previous Sequence

Pretty obvious. Hitting the sequence shortcut only moves in one direction. If you have a bunch of sequences open you should be able to open the next, then hit a modifier key and open the previous one.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. After full screen playback, default focus to Timeline instead of Program monitor

Currently, if you Command-P and play back your sequence full screen, then spot something you want to fix, you hit escape and revert to interface view. But the focus is now on the Program monitor, whereas what you typically want to do is locate the issue on the timeline and tweak whatever it was you spotted. This requires clicking or switching to the timeline and locating the issue, two seemingly unnecessary steps.

So the suggestion is to default the focus to the Timeline window, and auto-locate the playhead in timeline after full screen playback, rather than the Program monitor, as…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improved pitch corrected audio for sped-up video

Currently, maintaining the pitch of the audio when speeding up a clip (say to 150%), is very poor and requires a round-trip to Audition to get any results worth using. Wistia can do a 1.5x playback with audio sounding very well within the player itself. I have a client who asks for this from time to time, and it would be a great time saver if Premiere could give me acceptable results.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. clip rendering

many times during color correction I render all the noise reduction first. then I export that piece as a prores file, then place it over the rendered clip. I do this so I can grade and render in the future without the hassle of the long render times. the issue is, if I don't manually turn off the fx in the lower track first, it still renders like it is rendering the clip below it also. I feel like a clip with 100% opacity should ignore FX on the clips below it. I believe fcp legacy operated like this. not…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adjust waveforms when using the default volume effect

When adjusting audio on a clip using the default volume effect, a line displayed on the clip is raised or lowered. But when adjusting the gain on a clip, the actual waveforms grow or shrink.

I'd like to see the waveforms also be adjusted by the Volume effect, because they are more useful at conveying how loud a clip is. Instead of using keyframes for audio adjustments, I normally use gain and cut/crossfade between clips so I can have accurate waveforms.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reduce Project feature from After Effects

In After Effects, you can select compositions in the Project panel and run Reduce Project. This command will remove all footage, solids, and other compositions that are not referenced in the selected compositions. It would be nice to have this feature in Premiere.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. BUG: DNx/Cineform/ProRes/MultiCam Playback causes UI to become unresponsive until Alt-Tab

Whenever utilizing more lightweight codecs such as ProRes, DNx, Cineform - playback will be smooth as butter, but frequently the UI will become unresponsive. I can't click anything nor keep moving the playhead, nor use keyboard shortcuts.
    This is only resolved by clicking out of the Premiere window or alt-tabbing, then coming back. It's immediately usable again upon losing focus.
    I frequently ran into this issue in 2016 when using MultiCam view heavily, too.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support for BMD cinemaDNG flat profile

CinemaDNG when imports to PP uses some default sRGB LUT on it so the image appears overexposed..

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix the bug: .MTS files import without audio - May 2018

I'm using Prem Pro 12.1.1 Build 10
    On a iMac Retina 4K 21.5 2017: 3GHz i5 : 16GB RAM

When I import .mts files some - yes, only some - import WITHOUT audio.
    The files worked fine before I upgraded to 12.1.1 B10 but now I'm unable to complete a n umber of projects.
    I CANNOT go back to previous version of PP as it has been selected in the upgrade.
    This has been a problem with PP for some LONG time now as far as I can make out from web posts.
    I am paying Adobe for a product…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base