Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I updated to CC2018 v12 today and the way my ripple edit trim tool works has changed. When selecting multiple edit points to ripple trim,

I updated to CC2018 v12 today and the way my ripple edit trim tool works has changed.

When selecting multiple edit points to ripple trim, it no longer trims them all equally or shifts the clips along the timeline. Now, it trims each clip one extra frame than specified and leaves an ever increasing gap.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: relinking to speed ramp A7S ii clips

In the newest Premiere, 12.1.1, when I relink to A7S II 4k clips with speed ramp, I get the error:

"The selected file does not contain video media used by clip references in one or more sequences. These video clip references will be deleted, and cannot be undone. Do you want to continue?"

So Premiere is clearly looking for media that doesn't exist because it doesn't realize the clip is slowed down in the sequence - which is why duration wouldn't match the correct media. So there's that bug.

Further, I can't for the life of me imagine why the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [BUG] right click doesn't work.

The right click doesn't work properly when you select clips into the timeline & the desplegable tools don't appear (you have to use the shortcuts).

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Premier Bug noté : présence de quelques pixels noirs sur mes plans avec un effet de Vignette dans l'effet Couleur Lumetri. J'ai solutionné c

Premier Bug noté : présence de quelques pixels noirs sur mes plans avec un effet de Vignette dans l'effet Couleur Lumetri.
    J'ai solutionné ce problème en changeant les paramètres "milieu" ou "Arrondi" (dans les réglages de vignettes)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: uniform mask transformation not working

When trying to adjust a mask holding shift and option over a vertex will bring up the transformation arrows (or transform-vertex-triangle depending on where you hover), but then dragging does absolutely nothing. I've tried holding shift+Option before and after I click the vertex. Another user posted an example on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twfsJWXLCoc

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Auto-incremented versions wrong

When Premiere converts an older version of a project and that project has a number at the end of the file name, Premiere simply appends the number 1 to the end of this string instead of incrementing the number.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. OP47 for UK and France

YOu were able to bring in a OP47 MXF and edit with it and preserve the VANC - Now in the most recent releases it stripes it out even with Transcode ANC / VBI selected, it worked in V11 but for some reason it is gone, Also if you create a Australian OP47 (most recent) you can not embed only do as Open ?? Thats madness

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Offset multiple reference monitors to compare/color match (as was possible in Speedgrade)

Currently, Premiere Pro can only open one reference monitor at a time.
    If we could open many reference monitors AND gang them with the program monitor, it would bring back the wonderful SpeedGrade feature that was multiple screen (up to nine at the same time) viewing on a different position in the timeline (thus the necesary time offset Adobe would have to implant as a new feature).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Better renaming convention for updated project files

Instead of forcing a rename of an existing project file to a NEW name, give us the option of renaming the OLD file to a different name, say tagged with the previous version number.

As it is now, when opening a project in a new version, we are forced to come up with and remember an arbitrary new name, save the project, go back in finder and rename and archive the old project, then switch the new name back to the old name. It's absolutely maddening. If you are going to force project updates this frequently, streamline the file naming…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A shortcut to delete (or recover) the audio for all selected clips

Often, when inserting B-roll into a timeline, I want see if the audio is important, and/or usable. If not, I want to delete it. The current method is to alt+click or alt+click+drag on only the audio clip(s), then press delete. It would be far easier to have a shortcut that only deleted audio of all the currently selected clips.

Furthermore, the opposite would also be useful. Sometimes, I want to get back the audio from clips after I've deleted it off the timeline. My current solution is to position the playhead over the clip, click on it, hit the shortcut…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unsolved bug: dropped frames with Arri ALEXA MINI ProRes (4444, 2k) footage during playback

It would be really important to solve this bug. Also posted that in the community forum. (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2462114)

Contacting the Adobe support and providing requested example footage did not bring any improvements. I also contacted Apple Europe. -> Definetly an Adobe Premiere bug.

he footage does play without problems in any other software exept Adobe´s.

Issue:

Frames are dropped during playback. (The dropped frames indicator is showing a rapid increasingly amount of droppred frames within a few seconds from pressing the spacebar.) Due to the sluggish playback the editing process is impossible.

Sequence:

• mode: ARRI Cinema

• timebase: 25 fps

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Develop the timeline in program and source timeline.

Working with the pad, it's now impossible, not previously, to develop and reduce the timeline when you cursor is ON the temporal code.
    Previously it was possible but not now. Can you make it down/make it up ?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In Legacy Title tool - the word wrap function doesn't seem to work on 12.1.2 - it takes me a lot longer to stretch out each title box to fit

In Legacy Title tool - the word wrap function doesn't seem to work on 12.1.2 - it takes me a lot longer to stretch out each title box to fit the words I've written than if the box just wrapped around the words automatically!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug: Premiere Pro 13.0.1 Title Window Broken

The Tools/Styles/Actions/Properties tabs, which are a normal part of the Title window by default, each now have to be turned on manually. This is a huge headache when adjusting multiple titles.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Premiere Pro 2019 support for Apple Pro Res Codec

Premiere Pro 2019 does not support Apple Pro Res and cannot play clips in the codec. 2018 Technically doesn't either, but I was told only half the user experience issue with Pro Res.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Effects Controls ability to extend visible/keyframable frame range outside in and out points.

I want to be able to set keyframes before or after an in or out point of a clip within the Effects Controls Panel. Currently we are limited to seeing only the frames that are within the defined in and out points. Essentially, I want to extend the programmable range with heads and/or tail "handles"

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add "Basic Correction" of Lumetri Color to the default options in Video Effects

I always add some sort of color correction like exposure or contrast to clips. Instead of constantly adding the Lumetri effect, why not add the Basic Correction tab to be already included (under Time Remapping) in the Video Effects panel.

For more correction you can go ahead and add the full effect, but I think we can separate the Basic Corrections from the rest.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug: Premiere Pro 13.0.1 Import and Conforming issues

13.0.1 reports ENDLESS "unspecified errors" when importing or conforming files that don't have any issues once they are in the system.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug report premiere pro

Me and my colleagues use after effects projects within adobe premiere for animated titles. Since the latest update, this does not work properly. When we open previous projects, we can not change the words anymore. Also the fonts are different to what we created in after effects.

We're all having trouble getting work done, because we constantly have to go back into after effects to render our titles. This is a huge problem.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shortcut to edit trim tool

Trim tool works great for me and is a huge time saver, but I hate that there is no shortcut (or option to create one) to exit the trim mode (or tool).
    When I'm done working on a given transition and just want to keep playing without the loop around that transition, I am forced to use my mouse and click somewhere on the timeline in order to exit that mode, which is really a waste of time.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base