Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back the slim sleeker embedded/nested/subsequences

I have been doing this for many years in PP, Avid, and other editing programs and now it is gone since 12.1.

When you embed a sequence, either regular, nested, or subsequence, into another sequence it now takes up all the video and audio tracks instead of being one video and audio track.

so messy. Not sure what happened and why you removed that function, but can you please put it back?

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. undo requires extra step

bug report: (since the bug report page took me here) I guess a bug report belongs in the editing section of the premiere pro "ideas" section. I am having to press undo twice to undo a single step. Working on windows 10, latest premiere pro version at this time (1210186)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding something to block timeline from been closed

Something anoying is to close a timeline by a wrong click, be able to "lock" the timeline could be nice.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Track Select

Currently, when you hit 'A' for track select it give you a select all track select cursor.... to change it, you have to hold the shift key. Instead, allow multiple presses of "a" in a row to cycle through the different track select options.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Audio To Video In Source Monitor

There should be a function to allow for adding a separate boom captured audio track in the Source Monitor. Often the work flow of an edit is to cut together all the best takes before deciding what audio tracks are required from the separate boom capture. When burnt in time code has not been used it is often necessary to line up the audio to an on camera clap board. However if the editing process has already been finished then it is laborious to move the clips to another track and drag out their head to find the start with…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. H.264 Encoding: Add Levels 6.0, 6.1 and 6.2

Occasionally I'll want to encode H.264 for content that's wider than 4K. This is impossible right now because you don't support any of the 6.* levels.

HEVC H.265 is just too slow!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. DaVinci

Premiere needs a more powerful color workflow, such as Davinci Resolve.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Eyedropper does not work on second monitor

On Windows 10, the eyedropper does not work on the second monitor. It does pick a color, but it seems to be from a different position of the screen, not where the cursor is. If I use Premiere Pro on the main monitor of the laptop, it does work.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Right Click Issues with Dual Monitors

When using the interface in the sequence I am having issues with the right click. Right click on left window and menu appears on right window. When I switch my windows the right click will work then later down the road I will have to switch screens again to have the right click work.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. RAM ramp up on PP CC 2018

I’ve noticed that this was an issue back in 2015 with an update. The RAM usage goes way up when trying to edit in timeline, causing clipping, moving position along timeline, playback take about 2-3minutes each time you make a change. I’ve tried the ‘solutions’ from 2015 but this issue is taking me hours to finish something which should take 10minutes!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Losing video and audio

Since the new April update, I've been having to restart the program all the time because of bugs happening. The two biggest ones are that when working with multicam, all video will suddenly stop displaying- turning black, until restarting. This was a bug in the 2015 version a while ago too.
    The other bug is that once I've restarted the program sometimes, the sequence that I've been working in will no longer play audio at all, with no explanation, until I solo a track, and then un-solo, then everything goes back to normal. (Took me a while to figure that…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. session autosave for multiproject crashes

I think multi project is great, but I was working on 5 projects in the same time, taking scenes from daily edits to the master Episode project, when pp crashed, it was a disaster, I couldn't tell which is which, exchanging scenes between projects is tricky, crashing in the middle of the process is extremely bad, I think PP should autosave all projects at the same time, and give u the ability to restart the whole session as it was when autosaved

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug Fix (File Path issue)

At the moment within the recent April update as well as the previous, PP seems to have a bug the confuses (mismatches) cache files of files with the same name but different file path.

For ex; If File ((Clip A) "0027 MTS.") is located in folder Day01/ Sony Cam/ Card A002 : It would have the audio taken from a different clip ((Clip B) "0027 MTS.") located in file path Day02/ Sony cam/ Card A001.

Ultimately this gives "Clip A", "Clip B's" audio.

This is a new issue because I've been working in this format for a while but only…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Editing BUG

Several times now with the latest update I've had the video playback freeze during editing and I have to close out. When I go back in ALL THE EDITS I'VE DONE ARE GONE in spite of the fact that I was saving frequently during the edit. This has happened 3 times since the latest update of less than a week ago. Each time this happens I can lose an hour of work even though I've done frequent saves all along. This update is 100% garbage!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. package tool

Indesign and Illustrator has a function to package your project.
    I thought this is very usefull for sharing projects if you don't have teamprojects.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sort libraries

Right now there's no way of sorting the files found in Library bins. This makes for an incredibly hectic workflow when library folders get larger. Please at least let us sort by name in alphabetic order.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cannot select LUT on export in Premiere Pro or Media Encoder

After the 12.1 update I can no longer select a LUT on file from the dropdown menu. When I click "Select..." it closes the menu.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Retain Superwhites in all effects

Allow all colour effects to recover superwhite highlight detail. We should not have to stack multiple Lumetri instances or add a Fast CC to every single clip just so we can prevent clipped highlights.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Default audio channels - based on filetype

Import audio channels based on the filetype. For example, mxf's can be set to import as mono, but mp4's to stereo. Or wav's as mono and mp3 as stereo, etc.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve the Ui Resizing

Premiere pro does not allow, natively, to resizing of Ui, but this feature it would be convenient for do not strain your eyes

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base