Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Files too large to import

When did this get upgraded into the program. Already losing time on a crunch looking up info on what should have been an easy edit.

Switching to Final Cut X in 3...2...1...

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: About half the time I drag a file in from Finder into the bin, it doesn't work.

If I drag a file from Finder into the project bin, about half the time it gives me an error noise and nothing happens. There's nothing wrong with the file. If I try again it works.

This is a regular occurrence.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. just make it work

Everything in PP 2019 just works. Almost nothing works correctly in 2020.
    For example the "write on" plug in in 2019 is fine. I'm on a 10 core iMac Pro. The exact same "write on" tool in 2020 brings my computer to its knees! Give me a break! What is going on?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please fix the Saving Workspaces bug

I have been dealing with this bug for years now.

I move all of my panels to where I want them, right click on my personal workspace, click "Save Changes to this Workspace", quit Premiere, re open Premiere (doesn't matter new project or the same project), and all my panels are in different places again even though I am on my same personal workspace. Have tried making new workspaces, doesn't work. I just got a brand new Macbook Pro and installed Premiere for the first time, so its not some old preference file or something screwing it up. This also…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Media pending forever!

There is no stability! Premiere pro 14 doesnt work properly! Media pending forever!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Don't release updates that break the software I'm paying for!

Video won't synch with audio.

can't add more that one video clip before it thinks that all subsequent video clips are audio only.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Recovery files no longer work with 2020 Premiere Pro on iMac 2017.

Earlier versions of Premier would create recovery project files that I could reliably open and resume work. I know this all too well, as those versions of Premiere crashed on a daily basis, and I have likely opened over 300+ recovery files.

Sadly, Premiere 2020 still crashes, but the recovery files are no longer usable. If I attempt to open one, my iMac Pro goes to a white screen with spinning beach ball...end of story. BTW, I have the same issue with opening the last auto-save file. The ONLY way to resume work is to build a new project and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Premiere not timeline not responding

My timeline is not responding at all. It was working fine yesterday, but now I am not able to perform any action of the timeline. I initially that the application is not responding, but I am able to do other things like save, open or close projects but the moment I try to do anything on the time nothing is functioning. I am not getting any indication as well as why this is happening.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Crashes with version 13

Premiere is crashing and freezing lots after the update... anyone else? I used to get crashes maybe once a fortnight, now it's a few times a day!

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Problem with Plural Eyes 4

When importing a XML-list from Plural Eyes 4 at first in Premiere's timeline left and right channels are separated as two mono channels as it should be. After quitting and restarting Premiere Pro CC 2019 the same timeline shows only the left channels (as left 1 and left 2). The right channel is gone. Please fix this!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. FIX THOSE NUMEROUS CRASHES OR LOSE ALL YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS!!

It´s a mess on my Macbook, never has been before. I´m LOSING CLIENTS because of your buggy ****** not-working PRO 2019 and 2020 !!
    WILL LEAVE and take a LOT of your customers with me if this is not FIXED NOW !!!!
    Jesus in heaven, what happened to you guys at adobe and the formerly great software ??

macbook pro 2018 mojave
    32 GB, 6-core 2.2. Ghz, 4K, INTEL + Radeon 560X

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When will you finally fix the "A low-level exception occured"-problem ???

When will you finally fix the "A low-level exception occured"-problem ???

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That’s an error coming to PPro from the OS. We’ve fixed many occurrences of that exception, but some remain.

If you can reliably reproduce the exception in current versions of PPro, please contact support with the project, source media, and steps to reproduce.

13. Unable to import Canon EOS R 4k All-i videos .MP4 files

Premiere Pro 13.1 crashes when I try importing large videos files from the Canon EOS R 4k All-I (.MP4) files.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make Premiere Pro 2019 work...

Premiere Pro 2019 is unusable. Video preview cannot be played, any change voids work area renders, renders take exceptionslly long time.

Numerous people rolling back to 2018 and 2017 to keep working...

If uninstalled and reinstalled various combinations of Premiere and all CC products and both 2019 and 2018 versions of Premiere have become unusable.

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please fix the 'Importer reported a generic error'. (File import failure)

How hard can that be? It is so frustrating to see all my clips go offline every single time. It has been happening since so long. Adobe has rolled out at least 2 or 3 updates but could not fix this simple bug? There is absolutely no solution for this? I am having to rename every single clip to reconnect. You know how annoying that is?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Generic error means that an error occurred, and that it wasn’t one that Premiere Pro understands. That same symptom can come from a broad variety of causes, so this is in no sense a simple bug. 

If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

16. LOCKUPS: THE MOVIE - I have had nothing but crashing and Finder lockups in Premiere Pro...

Anybody see this...

Premiere Pro has turned into the most unstable software on my machine. I work in Premiere Pro CC2018 for a little while...all of a sudden the finder locks up (FINDER) and the machine quits or has to be forced shut down. Does not do that in any other Adobe software. At first I thought it was a computer issue so I got a fully loaded iMac Pro installed a few days ago with ALL NEW Adobe software installs...STILL CRASHING THE FINDER & Premiere Pro CC2018 while using the software. It is random... (iMac Pro 2017 / 3…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. THE reason why

premiere pro crashing is the main reason why I hate editing!!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Two separate icons for toggling the layers we paste to and the layers we use to move the playhead left and right

Two separate icons for toggling the layers we paste to and the layers we use to move the playhead left and right

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adobe crashes when using "save as" feature

I am using the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro on Windows 10, 64 bit. In addition to slews of other issues I've had with the program, for the last several days, the application stops responding when attempting the "save as" function as I'm exporting files. I attempt to wait, but after hours, it still won't respond, so I have to force-stop the app. I'm now wise enough to save before exporting (after losing my entire edited file the first time), but it doesn't make the experience any less jarring or cumbersome. After paying a lot for the creative cloud,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make it not suck. I am runnning a top of the range, latest imac. Premiere 2019 felt smooth, responsive, lovely to cut with. 2020 NOT

Make 2020 smooth, not jittery. That would be a start... Also don't release software before it's ready please...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base