Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. edit Master Styles for text AFTER they have been created.

Create editable Master Styles for text AFTER they have been created.

This way, you can change your mind about a title or subtitle after the fact, change the style, and it will reflect everywhere that style is used.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Just start subtitles again

Every time I use the subtitle tool I encounter a new issue, clearly this feature hasn't had much testing, with multiple forums posts showing many users experiencing the same difficulties:

Export options disappearing (solution: roll-back to an obsolete version of premiere)

Title tracks not updating in timeline despite being updated in the subtitle tool (solution: edit the set file externally)

Not being able to export baked-in captions through media encoder (apparently fixed but I still have this issue)

Free subtitle software, and even the free version of DaVinci Resolve makes subtitling far, far easier, so why not just start again…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can't find crash logs for Premiere 14.1?

Hi! I wanted to see if I could get a hand finding my crash logs?

I'm in the process of developing a PR panel and it would be incredibly useful to have access to.

I've spent a lot of time researching for where I can find any sort of crash logs, but have had no success.

This path leads to a dead end for me at LogTransport. (See SS attached)
    I have hidden files turned on.

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨[Your Username] ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Logs⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨LogTransport⁩ ▸ ⁨Archive⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe Premiere Pro [brand version e.g.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. bug report in pr 2020

IN WIN10: Using the Red Giant universe3.2.2 plug-in in pr2020, I can directly drag to add an effect, but when I select open dashboard in the effect control and double-click to add a detailed preset, pr2020 will instantly crash, and the new old title will cause "Low Level Exception Occurred in: Adobe Player "At this time I use GPU acceleration, when I switch to only software accelerated rendering, the material will be normal

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. open captions

Just confirmed with Premiere 13.1.3 that it's still not possible to export a sequence with open captions using Encoder if there are any dynamically linked AE clips in the sequence you're trying to export.

My idea is that Adobe fixes this.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Match Frame Captions to the Captions Panel

It would be great to add a function similar to match frame for clips, but for captions.

If I have a caption change that needs to be applied to an edit, I have to first match frame the caption clip from the Timeline, which'll then open in the Source Panel. From here I can see the clip's source timecode.

Next I have to scroll thru the Captions Panel referring to the In and Out points until I come across the caption referenced in the Source Panel. From here I can make my edit change.

My solution would eliminate this search…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have completely redesigned the captioning workflow in Premiere Pro version 15.0. Captions reside in the all new Text panel which automatically follows along with your sequence, highlighting the current caption that is under the playhead. You will see this feature as well as many other dramatic workflow improvements. Please update to the latest version.

Learn all about the new captions workflow here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.html

8. Premiere Pro Color mangement is needed to fix P3 iMac Pro / 5K monitors export color issues.

We need P3 monitor color management support. This is a known problem, Everyone who's bought an iMac Pro or iMac with P3 display has run into this issue after export making premiere almost unbearable to grade or even just do basic color correction in. When will Adobe address this issue, with out telling everyone to buy a $6,000 monitor or add an adjustment layer?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mogrts with protected regions created in AE are sometimes "cut off" when changed in PrPro

I have mogrts in FHD 25fps in AE and the sequence in Prpro is also FHD 25fps. Hmm.
    Ok, so what happens is that when I apply them in the sequence they always seem fine. The ins and outs works like a charm. But, (and here's the kicker) when I change the duration of the mograph, sometimes the in OR out (it's different) aren't respected and the mograph "cuts off without the animation. And sometimes, when I change the duration of tha mograph by draging it, the animation starts or stops somewhere towards the middle of the mograph (not at…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update to the Update!

Thanks to great information from users, we were able to nab what appeared to be the true root of the issue, a problem with the timing getting wiped from the project if no explicit interaction had been made with the timeline (like muting or unmuting a track).

If you head over to the Creative Cloud Desktop App and navigate to the Beta Apps section, you can download the Beta version of Premiere Pro (any version after 14.6 × 46) and the fix should be in!

Please let me know if the issues still occur for you, though. We want to put this one away for good, and are hopeful this time. Those zombie bugs are wild though!

Cheers,
    Dacia

Hi All!

I’m thrilled to finally be able to announce that the Premiere Pro v. 14.0.1 that was released last night has new functionality to help resolve…

10. Responsive Design - Time is still not 100% accurate

The Reset Duration saved our team from the ongoing timing issue.
    However, when I stretch the mogrt in the sequence, the protective region gets stretched a little bit. It's more noticeable when I stretch it more than 1000%. It's a problem when I need to add more than one template with different durations.
    For now, the only way to fix it is by Reset Duration.
    The fact that I have to hit Reset Duration over and over when the timing gets changed is annoying, and also our team is not allowed to update Premiere Pro to CC 2020 yet which…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to great information from users, we were able to nab what appeared to be the true root of the issue, a problem with the timing getting wiped from the project if no explicit interaction had been made with the timeline (like muting or unmuting a track).

If you head over to the Creative Cloud Desktop App and navigate to the Beta Apps section, you can download the Beta version of Premiere Pro (any version after 14.6 × 46) and the fix should be in!

Please let me know if the issues still occur for you, though. We want to put this one away for good, and are hopeful this time. Those zombie bugs are wild though!

The Reset Duration option is still available if needed as well.

Cheers,
    Dacia

11. captions not exporting

Captions not exporting correctly on newest version (13.1.5) they don't even appear when 'burn captions into video' option is selected, had to roll back one version to regain function

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. captions

Open captions have been extremely buggy in all of the most recent Premiere Pro updates for some time now. There NEEDS to be a fix to open captions not exporting consistently. In the past, I've had to nest my captions, pre-render in-to-out, and then export in Premiere, rather than Media Encoder, and it MAYBE works. This is unacceptable in the day and age when Facebook video is king, and captions are becoming a necessity for effective marketing. Premiere is making it consistently difficult to do my job efficiently and on-time.

281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

126 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Closed captions kerning

Make closed captions accessible.

The kerning on the closed captions are not accessible when the whole point of closed captions are to make the video accessible to all viewers. It's too difficult to read especially for people with Dyslexia. New UK accessibility laws are changing and we need the functionality to meet these new regulations. Please, please consider making the kerning better so it doesn't look like individual characters from an accessible point of view. If you aren't going to improve the CC then please consider adjusting your guides to be less misleading, they state you can change the fonts…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Premiere is not linking to Audition

Attempting to edit sequence from Premiere in Audition leaves you with a blank page in Audition. This must be a glitch and needs to be addressed!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Captions, lock the layer so we don't move it unintentionally

If you drag the in or out point of a caption on the captions layer sometimes you can accidentally move the entire layer along the time line. If we could lock the layer but still be able to edit and add captions this would prevent this issue from happening. Currently if you lock the layer you can not edit it, just as you want the lock to work for any other layer.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [Bug] Premiere 14.0.2 STILL DOES NOT play back Photoshop files with animated timelines.

PSD files which contain animation data do not playback in the new playback engine whatsoever. This is across the board in all 2020 versions of Adobe software, including the latest update from today 14.0.2.

This is a MAJOR bug, and we will not be able to use the 2020 versions of the software until it is fixed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. after exiting premiere MoGRT with responsive design-time won't store the retime

When you stretch the MoGRT with responsive design-time save and reopen the project it won't store the retimed data correctly instead the end animation would be cut off or lost somewhere.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update to the Update!

The Reset Duration option is still available if needed as well.

Cheers,
    Dacia

18. Bug Report for Dynamic Linking with Mac OS Catalina

In Premiere Pro, I click on Edit Sequence in Audition, the av clips do not send to Audition. And in Audition when I export and want to open in Premiere, the clips do not send. This just started happening. It may have been right after I upgraded Mac OS to Catalina.

I also just tried to Replace with Adobe AE composition and it gave me a pop up that stated "Failed to connect to Adobe After Effects Dynamic Link".

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Vertically align Open captions text against background box.

Please make the Open Caption text properly centered vertically against the background box and add the option to adjust it's position.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "GO TO NEXT CAPTION" Shortcut

You should be able to make a shortcut to go to next caption in the same way you can do with markers.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base