Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

296 results found

1. BUG: Timeline dragging does not show a wireframe of clip position

See attached video. In one of my projects, performance in general is particularly bad (4k media mixed with mp4's in timeline I believe is the problem). But when you select clips and try to move them around in the timeline, the clips remain where they were shown. The clips are being moved, but you can't see them. Definitely a bug.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

77 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
  2. Better track management tools in timeline- Nest multiple tracks, un-nest tracks, re-order existing tracks,

Better track management on timeline.
    -- Nest audio tracks
    -- Un-nest feature to restore
    -- Change order of tracks, drag and drop up and down
    -- Ability to nest several tracks (shift click or command click to select)
    -- Track selection box, draw it around the area of tracks you want to edit without effecting any clips or audio outside of that box selection. For example you might want to move a chunk of files, or only operate on a small section. Right now you only have all tracks forwards or all tracks backwards of the selection. Yes you can…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →
  3. Import multiple .mogrts, add a group of .mogrts to a library instead of one by one

1. Can only import one .mogrt at a time. I just bought a pack from Motion Array with 17 type templates, and had to import one at a time

2. Once they were all imported into my overly cluttered EG panel (without the folders or list view it used to have), I tried grouping all the added templates and doing right click > add to library. Didn't work! Can only do one at a time.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Live (Dynamic Link) Bins

PROBLEM: Due to the nature of my work, I slow get footage for different projects over a couple weeks or months. As I get new footage/music/foley for a project, it seems pretty old school to have to import each set of files into my windows folder structure then manually import the files into premiere to match that folder structure.

IDEA: Allow for the import of a folder tree into the premiere project panel to be displayed as bins. After that's done, you can have the preference to (1) update the bins on project open (2) auto update the bins every…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Import  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: Optical Flow and M1 Max

Hi,

I am having a consistent bug in which optical flow on clips renders improperly on my M1 Max Macbook Pro. This occurs on both .mp4 and ProRes clips during timeline renders and exports. This bug appears to have been around for some time. Unless fixed, I cannot use my M1 machine on commercial projects.

M1 Max, 64GB memory

Version 22.0.0 (Build 169)

Thanks!

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Project Manager - Retain Folder Structure

Please include the option to retain folder structure when managing a project via the Premiere Dialogue.

We go through great efforts to maintain an organized project, both within Premiere but also at the Windows Explorer level. It's incredibly frustrating that if we try to move a project, archive a project or just generally manage the project that Premiere takes all the files and dumps them in a messy pile in one folder.

We've stopped using it entirely, instead opting to copy assets manually and re-linking the project to the assets. It's a tedious process and doesn't allow for trimming or…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →
  7. 'Reveal in Project' Command not working

After upgraded to the very latest 2018 (April) update of Premiere Pro CC I can't use "Reveal In Project" anymore in Thumbnail view. It works only on list view. I tried several install/uninstall, different pc, cleared cache, new project/old project etc. But nothing happen.

Sometime also project panel search bar greyed out too.

I already updated and still working with 7 different project on this version of premiere, so i can't even go back to previous version.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
  8. Productions should save all projects either on any save, or when the Production window is active.

Right now, save only saves the currently active project. If the Production window is highlighted, it should save all projects. An issue I've run into is if sources are added to a project (i.e. sources) and it doesn't get saved, the next time a sequence project opens that uses those sources, the files will be created in a "recovered files" folder. Which is fine, but now the clips are linked to that.
    Secondly, if you open a project that contains sequences, and Premiere has to locate media, it will have to locate the same media again when you open…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →

Glad you’re using Productions!

We don’t want to eliminate the user’s flexibility to save only those projects they want saved.

From Productions’ lead developer:

Since the ’Save all” command is keyboard mappable, the user could assign “Cmd/Ctrl + S” to “Save All” instead of “Save”, and get the functionality they want, today.

9. Save thumbnails cache for project panel thumbnail view

The processing of thumbs at each opening of the project is really distressing. I would like to have the option to save these metadata at disk for faster start.

162 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Media offline with 12.1.1

Converting projects to work with 12.1.1 knocked half of my media offline and relinking results in a "generic import error" that erases media from the project/all sequences that it's used in.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Admin →
  11. Relative Export Paths PLEASE!

The fact that Pr always defaults to the last export location, regardless of which project is exported from, is completely illogical. Why would a user ever want to export Project B's sequence into the last used export folder if that folder belongs to Project A, for example? (see illustration 1)

There are already about a half dozen FRs that ask for this to be fixed, however since they only offer half baked solutions, I'm posting a new FR, offering a full fledged solution.

The solution is simple:
    Provide a new 'Export' tab in the Preferences window that allows users to…

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Export  ·  Admin →
  12. Project Panel Ignores Workspace Position

Since 13.1.0 I've noticed the project panel sporadically will ignore the last place you docked it, even if you save your workspace. Having saved it in the upper left corner of the UI, upon re-launching Premiere it's frequently docked in a lower left panel, even after selecting "Reset to Saved Layout".

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug: Using Export Frame on clips with proxies (even if proxies not toggled), results in low res JPGs

Using Export Frame on any clip with a proxy attached (even if proxies not active) results in JPGs and PNGs in the proxy-resolution. This seems to happen at random.

During some troubleshooting, oddly it seemed to matter which window (ie Program, Timeline, etc..) was active (highlighted in blue) but this actually reversed between different projects, and ultimately using Export Frame results in low-res and full-res frame grabs at random.

Clips that don't have proxies don't seem to have this issue.

Native media in my examples were .mxf and .mp4

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Export  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow modifying properties for a selection of clips

Currently, if I would like to scale, say three clips, I have to apply the scaling to each clip separately. One should be able to select multiple clips and modify properties on that selection. After Effects allows this, so why not Premiere Pro?

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →
  15. captions bug with styles while adding multiple captions

Hello. I think it's a bug in premiere, can't explain it otherwise.
    The problem is in captions window. I use File-New-Captions-Open Captions-Square Pixels. Then I start adding captins using Captions window and "+" Button. For the firt 3-4 pieces styling works fine, style of captions looks mire oe less the same (black bacground, positioning), I just need to adjust size. But when I push + Button for the 3-4 time suddenly black backgrpund is not there anymore and I can not turn it on. "Backgound color" button does not show anything.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. session autosave for multiproject crashes

I think multi project is great, but I was working on 5 projects in the same time, taking scenes from daily edits to the master Episode project, when pp crashed, it was a disaster, I couldn't tell which is which, exchanging scenes between projects is tricky, crashing in the middle of the process is extremely bad, I think PP should autosave all projects at the same time, and give u the ability to restart the whole session as it was when autosaved

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
  17. Gradients for Strokes and Shadows

Request for Essential Graphics Text Tool
    It is wonderful to be able to gradation the color of letters!
    Thank you very much! !! Very glad! !! All Japanese users are happy!

As a request for further creative creation ...
    ・ We want a gradation function for the border.
    ・ We also want a gradation function for shadows.
    -Multiple boundaries can be used. We want you to be able to use multiple shadows as well.

Especially in the Japanese video industry, multiple boundaries and their gradations are really used a lot. Hopefully at this time, we hope for further evolution!…

310 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Paste & Remove Attributes in master clips

Now we can paste effects in multiple master clips with keyboard shortcut and disable them from the drop down menu, but if we want to remove the effect we have to do it clip by clip.

The master clip effects should be handled exactly like on the timeline with the Paste Attributes and Remove Attributes dialogues.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Windows

When using Premiere Pro 13.1 on multiple monitors with Windows with 3 monitors attached, Mercury transmit will NOT allow Monitor 2 to be used for playback. When selecting Monitor two, Monitor 3 will automatically be selected andk keep monitor 1 selected also. This behaviour does NOT occur with 13.0.3. Selecting alternate render options does not fix the issue.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Admin →
  20. Change default "Show Clip Keyframe" for entire sequence

The visible keyframe slider for every video is Opacity by default. It is a nightmare trying to right click each clip, if you need to display a different keyframe for it (E.g. Time for speed ramps).

An option is necessary for setting the default displayed keyframes for the entire sequence. The ability to also bulk change thedisplayed keyframes for multiple clips would also be good.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →

Premiere Pro

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base