Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• or
  1. Bug saving or loading custom "Metadata Display" settings

Saving your own settings in the "Metadata Display" menu does not apply to the size and position of the columns in the project window. When loading your own settings, the number of columns corresponds to the stored ones, but their size and position relative to each other remain at the previous values.
    In addition, it would be nice to be able to force the "Metadata Display" settings to user values ​​when opening projects, ignoring the settings of the loaded project.
    This is dramatically important for those who open up many archival projects.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A quick way to navigate metadata display & manage columns

To navigate between presets of metadata display now we have to go through a right click then select them in a menu then press OK. How about we have like a menu right in the project panel level to select between metadata display presets? It would use 2 clicks instead of 5. A keyboard shortcuts to change between the presets in the active panel is a bonus.

Also, when right clicking a column, an option to hide it would be useful.

Thank you

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adobe Premiere Pro - REQUEST: IMPROVE "metadata" command. Fix / extend better functionality!

Please ADD new metadata value "VIDEO RESOLUTION ASPECT RATION", so I can easily see if it is 16:10 or 16:9 or whatever else might be. When I create a proxy for my high-resolution 4K videos, I need to select the proper INGEST proxy, otherwise, it looks weird and wrong.

Also, ADD all these metadata options, from "project panel" to the "media browser", so I can easily filter and import just the right media that I need. Also if possible I would love to assign INGEST proxy based on aspect ration automatically.

Last but not least, is it possible to add…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add metadata display properties for average bit rate on media files and codec/"editing mode" for sequences

We work with a large number of media files and sequences in a single project with different codecs and bit rates. It would be helpful if there were Metadata Display options for both video bit rate and sequence codec (shown as Editing Mode in the sequence settings).

There is a Metadata display for "Video Bit Rate" in the AS-11 section, but not all video files contain the metadata in that configuration.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PLEASE FIX: Merge clips functionality destroys audio metadata

Sooo this would be something to fix for a PRO environment.

On a feature film, I spent weeks syncing the Video and Audio. I then used the "Merge clips" functionality to merge Camera video clips to my sound recordist's separate Audio files, only to find out after months of editing, having delivered to the audio mixer in London, that the Sound metadata was gone from the sound clips!

The post-production for our feature was put on hold for four days while this issue was investigated, at the loss of countless dollars while we waited.

After delving into the interwebs for…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. bug: new metadata entry erased on scroll up/down

If you type something into a metadata field and scroll up or down before hitting enter/return, what you just typed will disappear and be replaced with whatever was there before.

Ver 12.1.1

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Syncing Audio using Batch Folders

I found that DaVinci Resolve does this especially well, but there should be an option to Batch-Sync audio and video clips using Timecode without needing to make unnecessary sequences that eat up RAM. Essentially, a process with which I can batch-select my audio and video clips, and using timecode, merge them together into a new folder to pull from, eliminating the need to make my selects from a Sequence as opposed to a folder.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Audio metadata (showing track names etc. on the timeline and in the project/bin windows

Adding capabilities for audio metadata (showing track names etc. on the timeline and in the project/bin windows) like any other NLE and DAW. It is an absolute must for any serious feature editing. Generally the audio metadata functions (export and re-import to and from Pro-Tools etc.) deserve still quite some work.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. STOP MERGE CLIPS FROM OBLITERATING METADATA!!

Would be good to have a warning that I'll lose all my sound metadata before syncing thousands of clips for a feature, then using Merge Clips to put them into bins, only to lose crucial data that makes said clips unusable for the sound department.

And there's nothing on the official Premiere Merge Clips page that such a loss will occur.

You actually don't even need to fix them actually, as I'll never use the Merge Clips functionality ever again, even if you do claim to fix them from losing my metadata.

Do you even read these posts unless…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please reinstate Import Batch List function

I use(d) this function regularly for work and now that it's gone it has added significantly to my workload.

Please reinstate Import Batch List!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Search for keywords (and other metadata) buggy

When dealing with massive amounts of footage, the best way I know to organize is via keywords. This allows bin flexibility: a footage is no longer restricted to just one bin, and I can organize my footage via searchable tags. However, this only works if the search box works correctly, which it doesn't - the results are almost always incomplete.

Say I have 50 clips tagged "night" in the keyword metadata. If I type "night" in the search box and make a search bin, it's anyone's guess how many clips will be included. Could be 10, could be 20,…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Easily adjustable rules for applying luts to footage.

You cannot batch control luts right now on master clips. It would be great if we had a way to apply luts based off of metadata such as this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Search Bins / Filter Bin Content and metadata -- inconsistent results

Example 1
    Create a Search Bin to gather items containing "Scene 42" in "All Metadata"
    Add text "Scene 42" to the "Scene" column of a Master Clip
    Add text "Scene 42" to the "Scene" column of a Sequence

The Master Clip will appear in the Search Bin
    The Sequence will not.

Example 2
    Type in "Scene 42" in the Filter Bin Content box
    The Master Clip will appear in the filtered content
    The Sequence will not.

From a technical perspective this might make sense
    Media on the drive contains the actual "metadata" and sequences are not media…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow user to set custom metadata displays to default

Every time I make a new bin, I have to change the metadata display to my custom setting. It would be wonderful to be able to set my custom setting as the default setting so I could skip this step, as it becomes tiresome when setting up a new project.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Project Metadata Display and Proxies problem...please fix with future update.

Hi,

I'm working between 2 systems. 1, my main computer and 2, my laptop to watch and review proxies while on the road. The Proxies are great, small, easy to play files that I can load onto my laptop, but to watch the original size production footage I need to hook up an external drive. Being able to use Proxies without the original production footage is a huge help!

My problem lies with the Metadata Display(see photos). When loading only the Proxy files on my laptop, the Descriptions column data is there, but the Rating and Category column info has…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Live Logger metadata import to Premiere Timeline

I would love to see the "Unassociated Metadata" panel from Adobe Prelude in Premiere Pro.

In addition it would be great if there was the ability to import .XMP files from the iOS Live Logger app onto a timeline rather than just per clip.

This would really improve our post-production workflow by importing notes that we took on the set, using time of day timecode.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Lucas Neuman

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Get error message "Metadata writing in progress" every time I want to close Adobe Premiere after updating to the 2020 version

Get error message "Metadata writing in progress" every time I want to close Adobe Premiere after updating to the 2020 version. Please fix it! Lots of complaints on Forums in Adobe Community as well, i.e. the problem is clearly documented:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Metadata-writing-in-progress-n-files-pending-error/td-p/4433360

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug: Project bins file metadata fields don't draw

Mac Pro (classic) with Radeon 580 GPU, OS X 10.13, latest CC2018

File metadata fields drawing is very buggy. See 1st pic. The black boxes are missing as is the data inside them.
    After scrolling back and forth slowly, opening new bin windows and other cajoling I can finally make Premiere show those fields with the actual data that's in them (2nd pic).

Anyone else experiencing this?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hey! I would really appreciate to be able to see the video source original bitrate in the metadata display in the project panel.

Hey! I would really appreciate to be able to see the video source original bitrate in the metadata display in the project panel.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow thumbnails for sequences in list view. Make it a metadata display option or view preference.

Allow thumbnails for sequences in list view. Make it a metadata display option or view preference.

Avid works like this. Clips work like this in Premiere. Thumbnails for sequences show up in Icon View in Premiere. Why not for list view?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base