Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rapid Memory Leak makes Premiere unusable

Premiere Pro CC 15.2 running on 2020 Mac Mini with 8GB RAM - MacOS Big Sur 11.4

Memory leak starts immediately and skyrockets after any edit, making editing impossible after just minutes. What this means is I have to restart Premiere after nearly every edit. Massive hit to productivity.

You can see in the attached screen recording, at one point tonight Premiere maxed out the 8GB memory and then used upwards of 12GB of Swap Memory, which also negatively affects the lifespan of the non-replaceable SSD in this computer.

Fix this ASAP.

Linking to video since the screen recording was…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Turkish Language Support on Auto-Transcription feature

I need Turkish Language option on Auto-Transcription settings.
    I appreciate that if you add it as soon as possible. Thanks..

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Finish the Essential Sound panel - let us add our own sound fx libraries

We can add images, templates but why not sounds - Adobe ONLY pushing for sale its own libraries feels to be a desperate sales ploy. Just like Mogrts/templates etc We all want to buy sometimes and sometimes we want to use our own.
    Thank you. You started the job making EDIT the default now please complete it.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Preserving Caption Timing and Formatting

When modifying/editing captions on Premiere Pro, in order to avoid timing being out of sync during ingest on YouTube.com, a blank “bumper” caption must be added to the top of all caption sequences. This is only needed for .scc caption files as .srt seems to have no issues with maintaining the timing for each caption set by the captioner. It would be convenient to stick to .srt as the standard captioning file, however specific formatting that occasionally must be used (top-placing captions, italics, etc) are lost in .srt when uploading to YouTube.com. The metadata tags are translated incorrectly and odd…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Embedded Captions are way out-of-sync on MXF OP1a exports

Embedded captions are severely out of sync when exporting for broadcast delivery

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Glyph font appears in Caption search and edit windows [Bug]

In PR 15 with the new Caption workflow, the Glyph character set is displayed instead of English language characters. In the attached screenshot you can see:
    - Caption search screen displays Glyphs (WingDings?) font set
    - Caption block displays correctly in English.
    - Caption block displays incorrectly in Glyphs when selected to edit.

Text characters display correctly in the timeline and in the preview panel. Uninstalling and a fresh install of PR 15 upgrade did not resolve the issue.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export issue when you ADD FRAME HOLD for a graphic (Premiere pro Mac M1 version)

I recently upgraded to Mac M1 updated version of Premiere pro... works like a jiffy now.
    Found out this problem recently which happens in few exports...
    When I use a text animation graphic... and use ADD FRAME HOLD feature to extend the text all thru the timeline..... while working on premiere pro it doesn't show any issue... but once you export the video... there are duplicate images coming in the exported video (SCREENSHOT ENCLOSED).

The only work around I found for time being was to remove ADD FRAME HOLD portion of the Text graphic... and then COPY PASTE the graphic…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Masking tools in Warp Stablizer (to decide which parts of a clip get analyzed!)

The Warp Stabilizer tool should have built-in masking tools for users to be able to decide which part(s) of a clip get analyzed for stabilization! (i.e. ability to ignore from analysis certain moving objects that can throw stabilization out of whack.)

TIP You can already decide which part(s) of a clip get analyzed for stabilization!

But it takes a few steps:
    1. Mask out parts of the clip you want Warp Stablizer to ignore using Opacity effect mask(s).
    2. Nest masked clip.
    3. Apply Warp Stabilizer to nest.
    4. Once the clip is stabilized, open nest.
    5. Turn off Opacity…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve Snapping in Effect Controls Window! (so it doesn't jump to next clip, etc.)

There are 2 ways the Effect Controls Window workflow could be greatly improved, simply by improving Snapping:

1. When moving the playhead to the end of a clip in the ECW, dragging a keyframe to the end, or jumping to the end with the 'Go to next edit point' shortcut, the playhead and/or keyframe should automatically snap to the beginning of the last frame rather than to the end of it. This way, the clip loaded in the ECW remains visible in the Program Monitor, rather than the ECW and Program Monitor jumping to the next clip!

2. When turning off 'Pin…

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Orange colour casting/change Bug with canon cinema raw lite files in latest update 15.4.0

I've recently noticed a strange colour change with the latest update where, even though my raw settings haven't changed over multiple projects, they're all getting an orange colour cast.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug: Using Export Frame on clips with proxies (even if proxies not toggled), results in low res JPGs

Using Export Frame on any clip with a proxy attached (even if proxies not active) results in JPGs and PNGs in the proxy-resolution. This seems to happen at random.

During some troubleshooting, oddly it seemed to matter which window (ie Program, Timeline, etc..) was active (highlighted in blue) but this actually reversed between different projects, and ultimately using Export Frame results in low-res and full-res frame grabs at random.

Clips that don't have proxies don't seem to have this issue.

Native media in my examples were .mxf and .mp4

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix the caption editor.

I started using the caption editor when I was approved for early access to the automatic transcription feature.
    This feature is great, and I only need to make the occasional minor correction (usually proper nouns and punctuation), but the problem is that the text editor for the captions is...well, for lack of a better word, complete garbage.

It has a ridiculous amount of lag between a click and the action that click was supposed to perform actually taking place, and often it will seemingly randomly highlight sections of the text as I am typing, so an action as simple as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2021 Captions in Nests need to be able to exported as SideCar or Embed via Master Sequence(s)

2020 Premiere allowed for captions to be placed in nests and would then show up in a master sequence and exported as embeded closed captioning or side cars. With the latest 2021 update, this is no longer possible and allows for burned in captions only. This is detrimental for workflow. Please allow nested closed captioning to be exported as embedded or side cars in a master sequence.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A button to help with broadcasting directly from the editing suite

There are cases in news broadcasting where you can not make it in time for your news piece to air and you have to broadcast live from your timeline via SDI for example. In this case it would be helpful to have an option or a button to help make Premiere ready for that so when you know you are going to broadcast live from your Premiere timeline you can just press that button and it automatically suppresses every action that could interfere with your broadcast, for example auto-saving. This would help with the pressure of situations like this and…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reinstate DV capture to Premiere Pro!

Catalina (Mac OS) has nullified the DV capture setting for Premiere Pro. Editors need this feature desperately. Please bring it back. I have lots of old tapes I need to capture. Am I supposed use iMovie?We pay for these features. Please add them back.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Add new captions segment" in Text Panel 3 dots Dropdown Does Not Work

See post in forum. Bug also filed in Beta. Tested in 15.4.1 and Beta 22 Build 63.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/no-to-add-captions-in-premiere-pro/m-p/12349974#M365071

Narrow the Text Panel so the Plus symbol (ato add a new caption segment) does not show. The "Add new captions segment" is available in the 3 dots dropdown. But when you click on that option, nothing happens.

Workarounds include expanding the Text Panel to use the plus symbol and using the shortcut Ctrl-Alt-C.

Stan

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BETA Add speaker names and 2 lines option to captions from transcription

I really like what you all have done outside of the box and testing on day one. My two suggestions come from the options I have and use with otter.ai which is our current way to auto generate captions that I then clean up. 1. I didn’t see an option how to add speakers to the closed captioning from the transcript. I can do it on the transcript side but then making that into cc names were not included. 2. Give the option of the closed captioning to be 2 lines instead of one easily. I know I can go…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Project Media Manager - is this ever, ever getting fixed, even remotely, to work as advertised?

We read all the forums and the threads here and everywhere else to help Media Manage footage out per network deliverables - without any errors. Has anyone been lucky enough to actually get to the end without an error? Not just today, but ever? Finally resorted to asking Adobe for help - and the answer is to upgrade to the newest version from last month - not that anything has changed in the Project Manager. But before we even attempt to help you, upgrade. Just completely unacceptable, as thousands of posts in the past X number of years make it…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug - Premiere Pro 15.0 using 100% CPU usage to load thumbnails and causing instability

Premiere Pro is hanging my system - 100% CPU usage when generating thumbnails in bin. Eventually it will go back down to normal usage, but if I try to do other things while this is populating it may cause my computer to BSOD. Last BSOD (this morning) was KERNELSECURITYCHECK_FAILURE
    I should note that my system has 0 stability issues doing anything else except when using Premiere Pro.
    This just started after the last update to Premiere Pro (15.0)-
    This does not happen with 14.9
    I am able to recreate the hanging and or crash by opening a folder…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make Premiere compatible with at least ONE older Version.

I like to have my Premiere Version compatible with at least ONE older Version. Right now it is not. Also it should connect to older AE via Dynamic Link.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base