Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enhancement of essential graphics text tools

We want to be able to add gradients, scene features, and apply multiple shadows to text (as with legacy titles).

It is inevitable that legacy titles will disappear someday.
    However, we want at least the features equivalent to legacy titles to be included in Essential Graphics.
    For that purpose, I want to be able to add a gradient scene function and apply multiple shadows.
    The Essential Graphics text tool has evolved significantly with the April 2019 update. Especially in Japan, joy was raised. Later, if you evolve a little more, it will create great value in the Japanese video production…

251 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Feature Request: Add Legacy title tool functionality into Essential Graphics

If Legacy title tool is going away, please add it's functionality to the essential graphics panel. I'm a very avid user of the legacy title tool and I find that I'm infinitely more proficient and efficient when using the legacy title tool vs the essential graphics panel.

If adobe is going to force us users to switch to the Essential graphics panel in future updates, I would great appreciate some of the key functionality of the legacy title tool being implemented into the essential graphics tool.

Specific features:
    - In Legacy Titler (LT), the user has a line tool to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Caption/Subtitle rectangle box background auto resize is gone

On the new update v15.0.0 Build(41)
    Caption/Subtitle rectangle background auto-resize is gone

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Paragraph text essential graphics

You are planning to remove the old title tool, yet Essential Graphics still cannot properly do the same things. I am trying to create a proper credit roll. I am clicking and dragging the text box to create a "paragraph text box." However, when I try to paste all my text into that box, it pastes the first part. As I drag the bottom of the box to include all the text, with every expansion of the text box, the graphics panel becomes less and less responsive. Can this be fixed before you delete the old title tool. What would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Masking tools in Warp Stablizer (to decide which parts of a clip get analyzed!)

The Warp Stabilizer tool should have built-in masking tools for users to be able to decide which part(s) of a clip get analyzed for stabilization! (i.e. ability to ignore from analysis certain moving objects that can throw stabilization out of whack.)

TIP You can already decide which part(s) of a clip get analyzed for stabilization!

But it takes a few steps:
    1. Mask out parts of the clip you want Warp Stablizer to ignore using Opacity effect mask(s).
    2. Nest masked clip.
    3. Apply Warp Stabilizer to nest.
    4. Once the clip is stabilized, open nest.
    5. Turn off Opacity…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Project Media Manager - is this ever, ever getting fixed, even remotely, to work as advertised?

We read all the forums and the threads here and everywhere else to help Media Manage footage out per network deliverables - without any errors. Has anyone been lucky enough to actually get to the end without an error? Not just today, but ever? Finally resorted to asking Adobe for help - and the answer is to upgrade to the newest version from last month - not that anything has changed in the Project Manager. But before we even attempt to help you, upgrade. Just completely unacceptable, as thousands of posts in the past X number of years make it…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: Using Export Frame on clips with proxies (even if proxies not toggled), results in low res JPGs

Using Export Frame on any clip with a proxy attached (even if proxies not active) results in JPGs and PNGs in the proxy-resolution. This seems to happen at random.

During some troubleshooting, oddly it seemed to matter which window (ie Program, Timeline, etc..) was active (highlighted in blue) but this actually reversed between different projects, and ultimately using Export Frame results in low-res and full-res frame grabs at random.

Clips that don't have proxies don't seem to have this issue.

Native media in my examples were .mxf and .mp4

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Closed captions in Premiere 15 getting a duplicate layer track after reopening.

I would like to report a bug I just discovered in the new Premiere Pro 15.

I switched to PP version 15 to take advantage of better closed captions control in the editor. The workflow was fine and worked great until I closed the project and reopened it. Now I have two closed captions boxes overlapping each other. The box underneath is the one I created. The one on top and slightly offset is the "ghost" caption. It looks like it came from the old caption platform style. I have recreated it by starting a new blank project, importing a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improvement on caption editor

Right now it's a little clunky and difficult to editor captions/transcripts.

First, if I try to edit the transcript, the field box is constrained and doesn't allow me to expand the dimensions of the box. So if I want to make a change to the text, I need to click inside the box and press the down arrow button several times to get to where I want to be (and to be able to see it).

The other issue is that I can't change transcripts/captions on the fly. I have to make several clicks to stop the video, go in…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The new captions panel for Hebrew is not yet there.

When you published the Beta version, the Hebrew captions problem was solved (it was perfect). but then, when you published the 2021 update (v15) the Hebrew captions in the panel were fine, but what you see on the program panel is reversed! please make it better again and fix this problem in the next update...

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SMART BINS - Bins that automatically collect files based on asset type!

Imagine if every time you started a new Pr project, the Project window came pre-populated with intelligent Bins that automatically sort and organize media you import or create within Pr… Imagine all of your titles automatically going into a ‘Titles’ Bin and all of your nests appearing in a ‘Nests’ Bin rather than just randomly appearing all over the Project window. Imagine if you could spend more time actually editing and less time on menial tasks such as manually dragging files into relevant Bins to keep your project organized.

Thankfully, this already IS possible! One of the great features in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Captions to Essential Graphics titles conversion

Open captions are becoming increasingly popular in online video and social media, with a lot of different styles employed to make videos stand out.

For example, different colours or fonts per user, per-title animations, transitions between the titles, and unusual positions based on who is speaking.

This is not currently possible with the captioning tool, which restricts your ability to edit titles within the capabilities of the caption format you are working in.

Instead, users have to rely on third-party tools to convert a caption file to graphics or titles; or have to manually create Essential Graphics titles for each…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Caption Track Style: Make Available Across Projects

Currently, to share a Caption Track Style, it must be saved to disk from the Project Panel, then imported to a new project. Several users are asking for an easier way to share across projects and with their team members. In the Beta forum, staff indicated in Dec 2020 that "loading from libraries" was part of future plans. This is needed.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take CLIP NAME (when multiple clips on sequence timeline i.e. all takes) and most importantly TIMECODE info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with clip names and time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
    But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. V.15 32 core threadripper CPU goes to 100% on project opening and crashes

After upgrading to v15 my CPU goes 100% on project opening and crashes. In 14.9 it doesnt do this at all. It must have something to do with the fact that I have a 3970x AMD threadripper with 32 cores. But something definitely isnt right with the CPU optimization on the new version. I will be staying with 14.9 until this is fixed

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Middle mouse button to zoom/move Program Monitor image (just like in AE!)

After Effects users can zoom and move their Composition around by scrolling or click dragging their mouse's middle button.

This is extremely helpful, so why not have the same features in Premiere in the Program and Source Monitors?

Wherever possible, Adobe should strive to provide the greatest amount of compatible features between programs!

ps. Adobe rep Bruce Bullis need not respond with another silly comment as he did to decline another FR requesting the same thing: "Most users don’t have middle mouse buttons, which makes it hard for us to rely on its presence." If there's enough AE users with…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Audio cross dissolve playback glitching.

Since the most recent update, I get glitching in audio playback. It happens when the playhead crosses almost any audio crossdissolve. It does not seem to effect exported video but only during playback. It makes accurate editing difficult, though.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. REMOVE CENSORSHIP on Premiere Pro NEW TRANSCRIPT feature

Your new text transcript feature censors certain words.
    It is not the job of Adobe to censor anything.
    That is an editor's decision not yours.
    Please remove these restrictions as soon as possible.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base