Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug - mixed rates - Source monitor In point into sequence uses previous frame

Editing mixed rates onto timeline uses previous frame rather than marked in-point.

All clips progressive and show 'No Fields' in project panel with no interpretation.

23.976 Sequence:
    23.976 clip: OK.
    25 clip: Previous frame (SM: 00:00:04:15 > TL: 00:00:04:14)
    29.97 clip: Previous frame (SM: 10:11:27:10 > TL: 10:11:27:09)

If I mark in-out on first frame of 25 clip, I cannot drag, nor edit clip to timeline. If I mark first & second frame: I can, but only first frame lands on timeline.

25 Sequence:
    23.976 clip: Previous frame (SM: 00:00:03:00 > TL: 00:00:02:23)
    25 clip: OK.
    29.97 clip: OK.

Now…

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display audio track and video together in the source monitor

Displaying audio tracks and video together in the source monitor would save a lot of time when scrubbing through source footage to find the moments when the talent starts speaking. Currently I toggle the source monitor to display the audio tracks, set my IN and return back to video view.
    Attached is a Photoshop mock-up of my ideal.

426 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug - Premiere Pro - mogrt with responsive design time created in AE not working in PPro

I created a mogrt with two protected areas (responsive design time) in AE 17.1.1. When put on the timeline in Premiere Pro (14.3), and expanded with the rate stretch tool, the protected areas are also extended in duration. The "reset duration" item on the "graphics" menu is grayed out.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 110 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: time remapping interpreted footage 14.2

TLDR:
    Speed ramps cause massive playback issues on non-rendered clips for interpreted footage.

the problem is with interpreted footage + cuda playback

(on windows, cuda playback on)

4k H.264 OR quicktime cineform footage 29.97, interpreted to 25. 
    On a 1080 timeline.

Add a speed ramp to footage (any amount shows the bug but the higher it is the more obvious it is)  playback is borked. At the start of the ramp the footage jumps around in time.

This does not happen on non-interpreted footage, it does not happen when you use a 29.97 clip on a 25 fps timeline.

Absolutely…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix Selection Inconsistencies! (in Timeline, ECP, EGP, etc...)

The universal convention for selecting items works as follows (in MS Windows’ Explorer and all convention-respecting software, including most Adobe programs):

Ctrl-select = selects or deselects individual items, one by one.
    Shift-select = selects the range of items between a selected item and the Shift-selected one
    Ctrl-A = selects all items

Unfortunately, Premiere Pro has major consistency issues when it comes to how items are selected. This results in user frustration/confusion and a much less than ideal workflow. Here are the issues and proposed solutions (see chart):

PROJECT WINDOW: Shift & Ctrl-selecting/deselecting works as expected in all views: Icon, List…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Premiere and Media Encoder creating D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs on launch

A number of users on the U2U forums are having issues with Premiere or MediaEncoder creating a folder tree on their D: drive as follows ...

D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs

or

D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical

It first was noted by people with Onedrive or Dropbox, but now several others have popped in that do not have those sync apps and everytime Premiere or Me launch, the apps create the folder-tree and folders.

Delete the folders, launch Pr or Me, the folders are created again.

A bug of some kind perhaps.

R.Neil Haugen

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG: Premiere 14.3.1 - Selecting Level 5.2 in h.264 MP4 export leads to strange settings

File/Export/H.264

Selecting Level 5.2, (needed for 2160p60), in Encoding Settings means that Hardware Encoding changes to Software Encoding. Reselecting Hardware Encoding results in a message saying that "Your system doesn't support hardware acceleration". However this doesn't happen in any other level, including 6.0 and above.

What I've also noticed is that in all other Levels, under "Bitrate encoding: VBR, 1 pass" you only have a Target Bitrate, but with 5.2 selected you also have a Maximum Bitrate option, which is what you'd normally only get with "VBR, 2 pass". So it looks like with Level 5.2 selected Premiere gives you…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG: Dynamic link between PR and AE broken with April 2020 release

Here's the bug description (I copied a post by alekseyg79178945 in the Adobe Support Community - he explains it very well):

"The current situation is as follows: I have a Premier project in which there are several dynamic links to 3 different AE projects. The first type of links to 3D animation, the second type of links to text animation, and the third type of links to 3D animation in AE. Until the April update, everything worked fine.
    After the April update in Premiere, the project links are loaded from only one AE file. The rest of the AE files…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please repair Time Remapping in PR 14.3.2 (not woking anymore on PC or MAC)

In PR 14.3.2, time remapping is not working anymore. I cannot select the "speed line" in the editing window. So I cannot change the speed of a clip anymore. It does not work on MAC or PC. A downgrade to 14.3.1 brought back the functionality.
    It would be lovely, if you could fix that with the next upgrade.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Render & Replace (with alpha) work for common SoMe frame sizes

The Render & Replace feature in Premiere Pro is great, especially for complex MOGRTs that will not play smoothly. It's much better than rendering the sequence, since we can still move the clip around without re-rendering. It's fantastic!

But the only option for MOGRTs that are not full screen (and most are not) and need an Alpha channel is GoPro Cineform. That's a very good codec, but it has some limitations that makes it unsuitable for non-broadcast frame sizes: The frame width must be evenly divisible by 16 and the frame height by 8. Adobe knows this: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/gopro-cineform-codec.html#TipstoworkwiththeGoProCineFormcodecbr

This means…

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Premier Pro is Crashing (PC overheating/Memory overflowing)

What the **** is happening with Premiere Pro?
    Ive been using it for about 2 months, and until 3 weeks ago, it started to OVERHEATING AND MEMORY OVERFLOWING!!!!!
    WHY?
    FIX IT!!! IM PAYING FOR THE MOST USE APP IM USING IT!!!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug Report (Crash): Pr2020 (14.0 and 14.0.1) - Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules (OSX, MacPro 2013 with Dual D500)

PR Pro 2020 suddenly stopped working (as of January 15 2020).
    It shows the splash screen and goes through some loading stuff (very, very, very slowly).
    Finally an error message pops up saying „Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules…..“ and crashes.

I already tried resetting caches and preferences, reset the NVRAM and PRAM, removed every single plugin I had, uninstalled and reinstalled PR but to no avail.

I have PR Pro 2019 installed alongside and it is working just fine (lucky for me I could downgrade some of my PR projects so I could continue working…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Lumetri Color Wheels, Glitches/Artifacts BUG

Bug

I noticed glitches and artifacts after updating to Premiere Pro v14.3.0.
    After disabling Lumetri Color Wheels glitches disappeared.

Im running Windows 10 Pro 2004
    Ryzen 3900x
    geforce 1080ti (451.48)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Vertical scrolling over the complete timeline

Please get rid of the “division bar” between video and audio tracks so when you scroll vertically it works over the whole timeline or maybe implement a checkbox in the settings where you could activate or deactivate this behavior.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable Baseline Snapping for Scale Graphs and Value Graph for Position Keyframes

It is really essential to have a baseline enabled for both value and speed graphs of the Scale motion property that we can snap to in the effect controls panel.
    Also necessary to have a value graph added to Position motion property in addition to the speed graph.
    In other words, value and speed graphs for properties inside the effect controls panel should work exactly like they do in after effects

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Premiere not starting on MacPro / Catalina

Premiere Pro 2020 never worked on my brand new Mac Pro.
    Found out that I had to change Privacy setting - which I did, with no results.
    Even changed it to have Full Disk Access - no result.
    Reinstalled, but when I start it,
    the icon bounces for a white, splash screen shows, and then it disappears/quits without any message.

All other Adobe apps install and run well.

Any ideas what to try next?

Mac Pro, 10.15.8 / 96GB / 3,2GHz 16-core / AMD Radeon Pro Vega II

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Link Media window not showing up

This issue is hard to explain, so please bear with me. I'm running the lastest Premiere Pro CC on Windows and when my media gets disconnected and I right click that media in project window, my whole Premiere freezes (like it's waiting on some action). It took me a while to figure out, but if I press Esc everyting gets back to normal.

It feels like Link Media window "opens" in the system, but I do not see it anywhere. Same issue with Attaching Proxies, I can't see that window pop up. After some research, nobody seems to have this…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add 90degree batch rotation for importing vertical shot videos

Videos shot vertically on DSLR cameras are recorded as 16:9 ratio. When imported to premiere, they display 90degrees sideways. There needs to be a way to simply batch rotate these videos 90 degrees to 9:16 ratio.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Implement an option to keep partially rendered files

It would be helpful if you could keep partial render files when you cancel the render progress. Losing the “whole” progress can be very frustrating. Sometimes you just want to see the first few seconds of an effect to see if it has the impact you wished for.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base