Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Selection Inconsistencies! (in Timeline, ECP, EGP, etc...)

The universal convention for selecting items works as follows (in MS Windows’ Explorer and all convention-respecting software, including most Adobe programs):

Ctrl-select = selects or deselects individual items, one by one.
    Shift-select = selects the range of items between a selected item and the Shift-selected one
    Ctrl-A = selects all items

Unfortunately, Premiere Pro has major consistency issues when it comes to how items are selected. This results in user frustration/confusion and a much less than ideal workflow. Here are the issues and proposed solutions (see chart):

PROJECT WINDOW: Shift & Ctrl-selecting/deselecting works as expected in all views: Icon, List…

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG. All hot keys is not working after update.

Timeline panel is undocked In my workspace. This is very usefull on double display computer. I found all hot key are totally not working when undocked timeline panel is active.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Premiere 14.5.0 Bug - Keyboard shortcuts are not working in the "Project" window

Control + Shift + / is not duplicating assets in the project panel and "Delete" is not removing assess from the project panel. Control + S also isn't working while in the project panel. (may be important to note: the project I'm working on is from the previous version of premiere pro. issue occurred after update this morning)

I also can't click and drag objects in the Project window (objects are currently in a bin and I'd like to drag them to a different bin)

Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-6850k CUP @ 3.60GHz
    32 GB Ram
    MSI G1 GA-X99-Ultra…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change the icon colors back

Change the icon colors back to what they were before. The new colors are confusing and make my desktop toolbar on PC and MAC look boring. For a company that makes software specifically for creatives, this is the worst, non-creative, and most frustrating design choice they could have made.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. AUDIO PANEL stop default buy from Adobe and to add our own sound fx libraries

1. When you open the panel - it Defaults to BUY from Adobe. It should be EDIT.

2. Allow us to add our our own audio effects from our own libraries we have accumulated.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Project panel labels missing

I just updated to 14.6.0 (Build 51) and suddenly the labels are gone from the project panel. I've opened the metadata selector (label was checked), I've unchecked it, re-checked it, restarted PP....

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 14.5.0 Premiere Update YouTube export bug??

In Premiere 14.5.0 Export Settings dialogue/Publish tab....for some reason any video I publish directly to YouTube is uploading twice. I don't see any reason this would be happening (no new click boxes or settings) and I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Any ideas??

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Updated to 14.5.0.... LAG

I updated to 14.5.0 and now my projects playback are super stuttery/laggy. CPU usage use to be 100% and now I get maximum 19/20%.

All settings are the same and even reopened projects from months ago and it runs laggy and low CPU usage. I'm paying for a service which just had "upgrades" but ends up being unusable.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot drag into bins in Premiere Pro 14.5

After updating to Premiere Pro 14.5 I cannot drag things into bins. I also cannot drag things from the Media Browser to the bin.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Performance Issue with RED Files over Network and Mercury with CUDA

Dear Adobe Community,
    we have a problem in our company with the playback of RED material. In the following I describe the behavior of Premiere Pro when playing back 8K r3d data. But this also affects footage from 5/6K.

First of all about hardware and infrastructure. We have a server with a raid controller (Adaptec 81605zq) which provides 16x4TB Samsung Evo 860 in RAID6. This is connected to the switch by means of 4x10GbE bundled over fiber optics. From here our workstations are connected via 10GbE copper cable. The server runs with MS Server 2016, the workstations with Win 10…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Everything wrong with Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2. Let get captioning fixed asap!

Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2 have several problems.

(
    Windows10. May be different on Mac.). Here is a thread of all of the problems I've found in captions so far. While there are several threads already that point out individual issues, I'm hoping that bringing all of the issues together in a single mega thread will help get captions Adobe's prompt attention. Here we go!

1. NO BURN IN: Exporting a video through Media Encoder doesn't burn in captions even if the "Burn Captions Into Video" option is selected in Premiere Pro's Export Settings. The captions only get burned in if…

221 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the feedback. We have made sure to have created items in our database for all actionable items. We are hoping you will be pleased by some of the changes we have made in future releases. Please continue to engage with us.

Note that in the future, while this list is awesome, it is much easier for us to change status on completed items if they are single entry.

We may close this one eventually but will keep the other individually tracked items open with status

12. Bug PP v 14.5.0 (build 51)

I use double monitors, on the second one I have Project, effects and Effects Control panels set as a custom workspace.
    After the last update, October 2020, I can't move elements from folder to folder in the Project panel nor drag and drop from File Explorer in to project panel.
    If I switch to default workspace and then switch back to my custom workspace (which I use for years) all is working: I can move files around and drag and drop files from the OS.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Crashing When Launching Premiere and After Effects - "Loading AEXD.aex"

After updating my Adobe CC software Premiere and After Effects have both been crashing when launching the applications. They freeze on "Loading AEXD.aex". Once the app freezes it become nearly impossible to kill it in Task Manager without restarting the computer. Also, when the app is frozen, file explorer becomes sluggish or completely unresponsive.

I've been using this PC for almost a year now and I have not had any issues until the latest release of Adobe Software. I've used the CC cleaner tool and that didn't solve the issue. I've tried installing previous versions of AE and Premiere and…

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Keyboard operation not possible

Hello,
    Nobody needs the new features in Premiere Pro 14.5, but everyone needs keyboard controls!
    Since the update to 14.5, the keyboard controls and moving the clips with the mouse (left button pressed) no longer work!
    Everything is fine with the older versions of Premiere Pro!
    macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    iMacPro
    Greetings
    R. Stephan

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Premiere Pro 14.5 update macOS / Keyboard DOESN'T WORK!

I updated from 14.4 to 14.5 on macOS (Mojave) and the keyboard doesn't work. I also tried with the default Premiere Pro Keyboard settings... still doesn't work. Only copy/paste shortcuts work, but the rest (i.e. spacebar to playback) doesn't work. I'm on a 2013 Mac Pro with a USB Apple Keyboard. Reverting to 14.4

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. BUG: Labels column disappeared in version 14.6

BUG: Labels are not working on premiere anymore after upgrading to 14.6.

I confirmed in "metadata display" that I have checked labels, but they are nowhere to be seen. I have tried multiple workspaces and reset them, but still labels don't work.

Please fix this.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug Premiere Pro 2020 crash when changing sequence settings

In the latest version I'm able to crash Premiere every time I make changes to a sequences setting - e.g. put in a new frame rate, change field order etc.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Copy/Paste effects from Audio Track Mixer tracks

Hi! I have 280 sequences that all need to have added two effects from the Audio Track Mixer-panel, but the effects there are not possible to copy and paste from one sequence to one or multiples, so I now need to create 1 sequence with correct Audio Track Mixer effects, then duplicate it 279 times, then rename all new 280 comps and then paste every one of the original 280 sequences into the new one in order to have an easy Single Band Compressor on Audio Track 2, and Hard Limiter on Master track.

A simple right-click in the option…

164 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Glitch where audio clips are substituted for another file of the same name from a different folder

I'm making a series of videos where the individual files have similar names but are in different folders by episode. Sometimes audio files of the same name will randomly get swapped for each other despite being in different folders.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Who's idea was it to have: Success: Your video was exported successfully. (OK)?!

Again, I ask the question:
    Who's idea was it to have: Success: Your video was exported successfully. (OK)?!

FIrst, wouldn't it make more sense to have an "Export Failed" button?!
    Second, It's adding a mouse click or Enter Button push after every - single - export - I - perform. Please! Get rid of this button. I export too many promos to have to click on this after every single one.

And no, I don't que up most of my work in Media Encoder for reasons I don't mind discussing. Just not here.

BK

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base