Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. saturate/desaturate specific colors in Lumetri

Much like in Photoshop RAW, it would be nice to have a simple desaturate, Oranges, Purples, Magenta. It quickly helps color balance color spikes in LED lights, and fixes colors in mixed lighting scenarios. Daylight in scene with tungsten, etc. You can do this somewhat with the three color wheels, but it never gives the same effect that the other color corrector can in PS.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import window/ dialogue upgrade

When importing xmls or premiere projects, the import window sometimes remains stalled as if Premiere pro crashed. Many times we force quit imports, when we just should have waited 5-10mins. It would help to get a working import bar which indicates that Premiere pro is currently working and has not crashed during import. And also an indicator what it is importing and how long it'll take.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Opacity keyframe on black and white adjustment layer doesn't work...

Amazing filter doesn't work in a adjustment layer, when I need to control by keyframes.
    Apple Platform, Works fine in Windows.
    CC 2018 last update.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Premiere Pro's Newest update doesn't recognize common codecs as Video Files [.mp4 and .mov files are recognized as audio files only]

Premiere Pro does not consistently import MP4 or MOV footage as video files, and often only recognizes them as Audio files. This is common format amongst most prosumer level cameras. Not to mention a lot of Pro Level cameras still use this format. This problem is not seen in PP 12.0.1 and hasn't been seen since CS6. Please repair this ASAP.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Easy navigation through Nested Sequences.

Being able to use the 'Tab' key, or a map, like After Effects to be able to navigate from nests back to the main sequence. Alternatively, or additionally, being able to lock the main sequence in place on the left side of the Timeline. This would enable you to easily click back on the main sequence if working on a project with a lot of open tabs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Continuous Playback

When pulling selects from clips from the source monitor, it would be nice that when you reach the end of the clip that it would automatically go to the next clip in your project window.

This would be great for documentary filmmakers who need to go through hours of footage, so you can just breeze through when pulling selects.

TL;DR it would be nice to go scrub/play from clip to clip in just the source monitor

I believe FCPX just added this feature, so I believe Premiere Pro can do the same

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Analyse and split automatically a clip on scenes

Some softwares offer the possibility to analyse a clip and split it on secnecs following image analysis. It seems taht this functionality was available in Adobe Premiere 15.
    As I'u using the DSLR cameras and smartphones which provide whole video, it would be very interesting for me to have access to this trype of function provided by othar softwares.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Import photos in secuence

I have a database of photos, i obtain from query the list of photos in order needed apear in video, only in Premier Pro for windows appear text-box for search file, if you select mani photos in box appear the name of photos in middle ", i enter from paste the lis in format "file01" file02" "file03"... obtain a syntax error. Have any method for import the files in the list automaticali?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Team projects crashes when literally doing nothing

I use team projects on a fully speced out PC (Ryzan 1800, Geforce1070, 32GB Ram, SSD, 10 RAID) and Laptop (Intel i7 4702MQ, Geforce 765m,16GB Ram, SSD, 7200rpm Harddisk) and on both Devices the program crashes very often when it is left untouched for a while (e.g. when going for lunch for about an hour).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. remove attributes not working with multiple clips

I have a timecode filter on all the clips of a feature length doc I'm cutting. Thats a lot of clips! I expected to be able to highlight all clips "remove attributes" select "timecode" from the list, but it doesn't work. I'm having to manually delete them from each clip one at a time... Not a happy bunny! I'm sure this worked before!

I'm on CC version 12.1.1
    Mac Pro (2013) 32GB ram
    OS 10.12.6

Hope you can fix this soon, thanks guys.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Time input for Essential Graphics

I'd like a time input in essential graphics (created in after effects). The user inputs a time value (00:00:05:10 for example) and then I reference that number from after effects expressions to trigger events.

Currently I can do that with multiple sliders (usually one for seconds and one for frames.), or do everything based on frames which becomes harder for a user to think about for numbers over 3 seconds. Having everything in one field that looks like a time input would be easier for people to work with and would significantly reduce clutter.

This isn't a replacement for allowing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show duration of individual captions in Caption Work Panel and when mouse pointer hovering over a single caption in Time Line.

Since captioned dialogue typically is preferred to be on screen for about 0,3 sec/word (acc. to BBC guidelines) it would be a great help if you could see the duration of each caption when hovering over a caption and in the Caption work panel rather than just the in- and out points. My brain really hurts :-D when I'm trying to calculate the length of each and every caption in a full length film. Thanks and have a nice day!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug/Poor Decision: Export doesn't show my settings until I scroll up.

If I output a file, say an MP4, it will show all the stock presets, but my presets are hidden at the top unless I scroll up to them. This makes no sense since my presets are the ones I'm most likely to use. Not looking at the top of a list is also unusual so I didn't realize for a while that scrolling up was an option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Media Encoder Essential Graphics Bug

Essential graphics in Premiere render in wrong positions when using media encoder. When rendered from Premiere, the attached graphics are stacked on top of each other. Media Encoder overlaps them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug with Cropping/X/Y movement of initial clip, once you use "Replace with After Effects Composition".

Place a clip in Premiere. Move it (x/y). Scale it.
    Add a "Crop Effect". Crop it.
    Then, right click, "Replace with After Effects Composition".
    Fix something. (Remove Grain Effect). Save
    Go back to Premiere.
    Export.
    Problem is: it forgets that it was cropped. However (key point) it DOESNT SHOW YOU that it's no longer cropped. In Premiere it still looks cropped. But Export it, the cropped area is replaced with pure black.
    (There were multiple layers, and this was near the bottom).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Having a text box editor to replace text

Is it possible to have an alternative text box editor within the essential titles tab area to edit text seperatly without using the timeline window?

Mainly to streamline the speed of copy paste of text without the need to highlight the intended text graphic first then apply your changes.
    If you could do this within a dedicated withdow for text changes much like how FCP7s text tool generator.

Please please please work closely with Annotation Edit creator to interchange subtitles information via xmls smoothly!!!!

He has built something great so far, but needs your attention to perhaps allow a vertical…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. error Code - 160962995

error Code - 160962995

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix disappearing mark comments on merged clips!

Whenever you open merged clips in your source monitor, all your marker notes disappear when you double-click the clip. Very annoying and time-consuming, and seemingly unfixable. It seems this has been a problem for awhile, please help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Avid style grouped/multi-cam clips with more than one audio channel

If you're working with multiple cameras and multiple audio sources, eventually you might need all of your audio channels on the timeline or you need to change which microphone is live. This is a feature that makes Avid the obvious choice if you're cutting a game/variety show, now that Adobe finally has shared projects with locked sequences.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Audio master clip effects

Audio master clip effects
    Would work like the video ones.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base