Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. .pek File Foreground Rendering

I just received a large project with lots of video all preserved on an external hard drive from an editor. His cache files were stored locally so naturally, my system needs to analyze and rebuild them.

It would be helpful if there was an additional option to the background .pek file generation (which I love and works well) to switch to foreground rendering, utilizing your full cpu to power through a mass of footage and get you editing faster.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix The Way Workspace Short Cuts are Assigned

Short cut keys need to stay with their assigned Workspace and not change when you add a new workspace. Also the names of the workspaces needs to be displayed in the assign keyboard shortcuts menu rather than"Workspace1, Workspace 2" etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. By pressing the middle mouse button moves the contents

Мake sure that you click the middle mouse button, you move the contents of the timeline and the source monitor and the program monitor in any direction and the wheel worked like zoom in the source monitor and the program monitor

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Click effect then loose all windows I opened

Version: 12.1.1(build 10)
    system: windows 10
    Question: every time click effect then lost all the windows just opened. The project is still running. I can save but can't see any windows. This happened today after I update to newest version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reverse Match Frame To Bin

You need to be able to open the bin a clip in the source monitor came from in one click or keystroke. This is a hugely helpful feature that other NLEs have.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. [BUG] Favorites do not appear in the media browser linking media

When accessed through the link media panel the media broswer does not display favorited folders.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Marker comment show in Preview monitor

When we mark on clip or on Timeline we will see all comments on preview monitor so it will be very easy for editing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better Servers for Team Projects. Currently they SuuUUUCK! Teams is a great concept but it just doesn't work 50% of the time. Lame

Get TEams to actually work. A great place to start would be to get servers that can actually handle the process. Currently, I'm so frustrated with it's lameness I'm ready to abandon and find a better method to collaborate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Would you be able to describe in more detail what doesn’t work for you?

A good example would be “notifications take too long to show up on a co-workers machine”

As Team Projects doesn’t store any media on the server, it should be very quick to sync projects. Changes are always stored locally, so there should be no lag here either.

Once we know more we might be able to point you to ways to improve the experience – or indeed look at the back-end if the issue is related to something that’s happening on the server

11. Default undo's to unlimited

Instead of hiding history tabs and amounts of undo's in hidden history settings buttons that are difficult to find for most people just increase undo amount... no one I know uses history they just click undo and redo...

Very different to photoshop

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Panels on second monitor move as you change spaces [MacOS]

I'm running MacOS on an iMac with a second monitor. I use spaces to group different apps and windows together.

For Premiere I have the timeline, program and source monitors on my main screen and then break out the Project panel and have that in a space on my second monitor. It sits along side a document window (script etc). The project panel is in a mac space which is NOT the first space on that monitor.

Regularly as I move between spaces on the second monitor the project panel will move too either to the space I am viewing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Subclip Dialog Update

Predictive text for labeling mainly when subclipping. Words and names you have already used are suggested as you type. So for example i have multiple shots of a beach and have created the subclip "Beach 01" the next time i subclip another beach shot i type b and a greyed out Beach 02 appears and then just press enter to auto fill. Also has suggestions in the dialog for tags to add to your footage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Clip and Bin Color in Project Panel

Make the colored labels in the project panel more immediately distinct. This could be a full "highlight" in the selected color, an underline, or a border. The current colored squares are too subtle to be that useful an organizational tool.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Performance Problems

For a supposedly "professional" program, Premiere Pro takes entirely too long to load and crashes too much. AT BEST, it performs like a low level prosumer program from the mid 2000s. I understand large projects place a heavy demand on a program, but it should be built to withstand intensive video editing. It's features are fine, but it's performance is severely amateurish and needs a drastic overhaul. Just make a better product.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix the GPU Render Error bug when using Lumetri

The system simply won't even let me render or see the clips with Luetri Color applied to them. There is no fix seen on the internet, yet a ton of people have this bug. Fix it already, make it a priority.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add a checkbox in preferences to allow alt/option or not allow you to change track height. Let the user decide.

A lot of people bitched about the mouse scroll changing their track height so in 2018, you added the option command to be required to change track height with the scroll wheel. Please add a preference checkbox that allows the user to decide whether they want to use option or not. It's just one more button we have to click multiple times throughout the day... :/ .

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I want my scroll wheel back to expanding layers size in the timeline or allow mouse mapping so I can remove the "alt" function

Allow mouse mapping so I can get back to the old scroll wheel changing the track sizes without the need for an "Alt"

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. opening a new project gives you 5 windows

When you open a new project, it opens 5 different panels of the same project. PLEASE FIX. Also, the timeline never stays the same size when I re open Premiere - I have to always drag the top down underneath the playback windows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add mask in an effect causes extreme slow response or program freeze

BUG - When adding a mask to an effect it causes an extreme slow response when adjusting the mask, or the program freeze. PP version 12.1

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base