Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WTF??? "A low-level exception occurred in: Adobe Player" after the update

I can't use GPU after the last update. This is inadmissible...

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. error retrieving frame adobe premiere

HELP, EVERY TIME I IMPORT A FILE, AND PUT ON THE TIMELINE, THE FILE APPEARS ALL SQUARE AND LOCKING, AND THE APP JUST CLOSES, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Constantly crashes and I have a 2070 graphics card.

When I ever I select the File in the top menu area it crashes. Whenever I edit every 5 to 10 minutes it crashes.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Since the CC 2019 update, Premiere randomly crashes several times a day.

I've been at work for about an hour and fifteen minutes today, and Premiere has crashed three times so far. I'm not asking a lot of the program, I'm just doing the workflow I've been doing for the last month. This is now worse than Final Cut Pro was when I switched to Premiere a decade ago. What am I gonna do now, switch to Vegas?

71 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As Wes noted, there are some actions people can take to troubleshoot.

Of course, if you are still encountering specific crashes, feel free to report them with specific steps on how to reproduce them. Posts that say the app crashes aren’t actionable by the team especially when the thread describes multiple scenarios.

Crash logs are helpful especially in combination with reproducible steps and system information.

5. Tons of bugs in 2020 - There's no stability at all.

I find it really hard to still work on your software lately. I have a feeling that you don't test your updates before release. Mark my words, if you won't work on your stability, you will lose a lot of clients, especially now, during the pandemic, where people really work mostly at edits. I'm strongly considering going back to AVID right now.

In early 2020 you released some updates, that seriously broke my workflow. Especially with playback, that started laggin', and crushing, and doing really crazy stuff. It was somehow still possible to work, so I just tolerated it for…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’d like to help, buttThere’s nothing actionable in your post.

If you can reliably reproduce a specific issue (like the ‘media pending’ you mentioned), please contact Support and provide and necessary files, and step-by-step instructions for how to reproduce it, and we’d be happy to pursue it further.

6. YOUR HELP MENU IS GARBAGE - BRING BACK THE OLD ONE

I'm really sick of being driven to the website over and over. All I ever find there is the same information. Somehow, I can never find what I'm looking for … instead I get pointed to giant pages of text and videos made by kids.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Faulty file permissions on quick export

Recently, Photoshop has started assigning fault permissions on quick exported .png files. They lose their inheritance property when they are saved. This causes the file to be marked with access to only the current user. I then have to use NTFS permissions to re-enable the inheritance as the application using the image, which has different credentials to me, cannot see the file.

I have seen that a long time ago, this same issue started occured, disappeared for a few years, and is now re-occurring.

Kind regards
    Mike Howell

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Regular video playback stutters. Premiere Pro 2020

My Video playback on my Timeline and Source window stutter. The screen tears, the video's frames switch frames back and forth while there are no issues in audio playback.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There’s not much to go on, in your post.

If you can reliably reproduce the issue, please reach out to Support and provide files and step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the problem; happy to pursue it further.

9. How to fix premiere pro cc 2019 crashes when exporting?

When i export clip, premiere pro always crash??

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We believe that Premiere Pro crashed, but without source media and step-by-step instructions on how to reliably reproduce the failure, there’s nothing we can do with these reports.

If you can reproduce the behavior in current versions of PPro, please contact Support and provide files and steps.

10. MP4 files turn green/flicker and 'disintegrate' entirely or at random intervals (Mac)

Using PP v14.0.1 on Mojave 10.14.6. MP4 files which look perfectly good in the Finder turn green, green and purple, and or flicker and break up horribly in the Timeline. Same happens on export too.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Glitches in exports? Another new issue. Whats going on? Example added.

Glitches in exports is wasting a lot of time, I have found the same issue on multiple systems. In premiere itself the video plays fine, in explorer the video plays fine but as soon as I export the video has glitches in. My software is up to date as well as my drivers. Running GTX 1080TI, I7 8700K 32Gb RAM. Windows. Rendering through software encoding solves the problem but now my renders takes 4 - 10 times longer, in terms a 45min episode normally exports 40 - 60 min. Software encoding the project exports 6 -12 hours. I don't have…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That looks like what would happen if a frame was unavailable for output at the time of render. If you have a project with media, and the output preset (.epr file) in use, please contact Support; we’d be happy to pursue the issue further.

12. captions

Open captions have been extremely buggy in all of the most recent Premiere Pro updates for some time now. There NEEDS to be a fix to open captions not exporting consistently. In the past, I've had to nest my captions, pre-render in-to-out, and then export in Premiere, rather than Media Encoder, and it MAYBE works. This is unacceptable in the day and age when Facebook video is king, and captions are becoming a necessity for effective marketing. Premiere is making it consistently difficult to do my job efficiently and on-time.

281 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all the feedback. Please submit individual issues in the appropriate area – in this case: Closed Captions. Having a catch-all thread is not actionable for the team.

We will respond to individual requests as appropriate. Thank you

13. Make it work smoothly

Premier Pro 2020 isn't working smoothly.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. CRASH!!! Stop sending out buggy software. 13.01 (build 13) crashes

13.01 (build 13) crashes constantly. It closes and goes right to desktop. No error log!

62 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG - cc2020 - dnxhd mxf import

Premiere Pro cc2020 is failng to import Op1a Atom MXF files in the DNxHD 145 codec. The files import just fine in cc2019 on the same machine. An error presents saying the file is either damaged or unsupported.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 13.4 highly unstable

Premiere 13.4 crashing regularly now - even a window resize or workspace tab select, even opening the import window can sometimes crash it. Cannot edit video now in earlier version. Very very unhappy, Adobe. Stability is the most precious thing to filmmakers - we have deadlines. Way more than latest features, frankly.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. NOT HAVE FILES BECOME AUDIO ONLY FOR NO REASON!!!!!!!!

I am absolutely sick and tired of losing work because the video files become audio only and lose all work.
    This is insanity and enraging and lose weeks of work due to your ridiculous incompetent program.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Instant crash

A weeks ago, Premiere was in a state where it would gobble up all the RAM on my laptop within 5-10 minutes (25GB). I would be able to edit a video for at least a few minutes before saving it, restarting Premiere, doing more edits. After five or such repeated cycles attempts, I would have to reboot the machine and repeat.

I don't know if that is related to this fault. I do not have the time to re-install all of Windows to try such desperate extremes. A video that should have taken 30 minutes to edit took an entire…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Losing render files

Just gonna start posting about this as often as I can until it's fixed. There's many many complaints about this in the forums. If you need more details on what the problem is, just read any of them.

A professional editing program should NOT be losing render files. Please fix it.

61 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base