Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How to fix premiere pro cc 2019 crashes when exporting?

When i export clip, premiere pro always crash??

33 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

74 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We believe that Premiere Pro crashed, but without source media and step-by-step instructions on how to reliably reproduce the failure, there’s nothing we can do with these reports.

If you can reproduce the behavior in current versions of PPro, please contact Support and provide files and steps.

2. Glitches in exports? Another new issue. Whats going on? Example added.

Glitches in exports is wasting a lot of time, I have found the same issue on multiple systems. In premiere itself the video plays fine, in explorer the video plays fine but as soon as I export the video has glitches in. My software is up to date as well as my drivers. Running GTX 1080TI, I7 8700K 32Gb RAM. Windows. Rendering through software encoding solves the problem but now my renders takes 4 - 10 times longer, in terms a 45min episode normally exports 40 - 60 min. Software encoding the project exports 6 -12 hours. I don't have…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That looks like what would happen if a frame was unavailable for output at the time of render. If you have a project with media, and the output preset (.epr file) in use, please contact Support; we’d be happy to pursue the issue further.

3. captions

Open captions have been extremely buggy in all of the most recent Premiere Pro updates for some time now. There NEEDS to be a fix to open captions not exporting consistently. In the past, I've had to nest my captions, pre-render in-to-out, and then export in Premiere, rather than Media Encoder, and it MAYBE works. This is unacceptable in the day and age when Facebook video is king, and captions are becoming a necessity for effective marketing. Premiere is making it consistently difficult to do my job efficiently and on-time.

281 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all the feedback. Please submit individual issues in the appropriate area – in this case: Closed Captions. Having a catch-all thread is not actionable for the team.

We will respond to individual requests as appropriate. Thank you

4. CRASH!!! Stop sending out buggy software. 13.01 (build 13) crashes

13.01 (build 13) crashes constantly. It closes and goes right to desktop. No error log!

62 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 13.4 highly unstable

Premiere 13.4 crashing regularly now - even a window resize or workspace tab select, even opening the import window can sometimes crash it. Cannot edit video now in earlier version. Very very unhappy, Adobe. Stability is the most precious thing to filmmakers - we have deadlines. Way more than latest features, frankly.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. NOT HAVE FILES BECOME AUDIO ONLY FOR NO REASON!!!!!!!!

I am absolutely sick and tired of losing work because the video files become audio only and lose all work.
    This is insanity and enraging and lose weeks of work due to your ridiculous incompetent program.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Files too large to import

When did this get upgraded into the program. Already losing time on a crunch looking up info on what should have been an easy edit.

Switching to Final Cut X in 3...2...1...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug: About half the time I drag a file in from Finder into the bin, it doesn't work.

If I drag a file from Finder into the project bin, about half the time it gives me an error noise and nothing happens. There's nothing wrong with the file. If I try again it works.

This is a regular occurrence.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. just make it work

Everything in PP 2019 just works. Almost nothing works correctly in 2020.
    For example the "write on" plug in in 2019 is fine. I'm on a 10 core iMac Pro. The exact same "write on" tool in 2020 brings my computer to its knees! Give me a break! What is going on?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Losing render files

Just gonna start posting about this as often as I can until it's fixed. There's many many complaints about this in the forums. If you need more details on what the problem is, just read any of them.

A professional editing program should NOT be losing render files. Please fix it.

61 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please fix the Saving Workspaces bug

I have been dealing with this bug for years now.

I move all of my panels to where I want them, right click on my personal workspace, click "Save Changes to this Workspace", quit Premiere, re open Premiere (doesn't matter new project or the same project), and all my panels are in different places again even though I am on my same personal workspace. Have tried making new workspaces, doesn't work. I just got a brand new Macbook Pro and installed Premiere for the first time, so its not some old preference file or something screwing it up. This also…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2020 BUG IS BACK - Can't Name or Rename a BIN

1/9/2020 I thought they had this fixed. Right click in various places along the bin's name in the media window. Text is faintly outlined but no highlight or edit cursor in the bin name. Maddening.. I figure to beat it at its own game I would CREATE a new bin, name it and move the stuff to this bin then clear the old, now empty bin. NOW it won't even let me assign a name... just comes up "bin". At least it doesn't crash PPro. At least that seems to have been fixed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We can’t reproduce this behavior in current versions of PPro.

If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

13. Media pending forever!

There is no stability! Premiere pro 14 doesnt work properly! Media pending forever!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Don't release updates that break the software I'm paying for!

Video won't synch with audio.

can't add more that one video clip before it thinks that all subsequent video clips are audio only.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Crashes with version 13

Premiere is crashing and freezing lots after the update... anyone else? I used to get crashes maybe once a fortnight, now it's a few times a day!

46 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Problem with Plural Eyes 4

When importing a XML-list from Plural Eyes 4 at first in Premiere's timeline left and right channels are separated as two mono channels as it should be. After quitting and restarting Premiere Pro CC 2019 the same timeline shows only the left channels (as left 1 and left 2). The right channel is gone. Please fix this!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When will you finally fix the "A low-level exception occured"-problem ???

When will you finally fix the "A low-level exception occured"-problem ???

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That’s an error coming to PPro from the OS. We’ve fixed many occurrences of that exception, but some remain.

If you can reliably reproduce the exception in current versions of PPro, please contact support with the project, source media, and steps to reproduce.

18. Unable to import Canon EOS R 4k All-i videos .MP4 files

Premiere Pro 13.1 crashes when I try importing large videos files from the Canon EOS R 4k All-I (.MP4) files.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make Premiere Pro 2019 work...

Premiere Pro 2019 is unusable. Video preview cannot be played, any change voids work area renders, renders take exceptionslly long time.

Numerous people rolling back to 2018 and 2017 to keep working...

If uninstalled and reinstalled various combinations of Premiere and all CC products and both 2019 and 2018 versions of Premiere have become unusable.

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please fix the 'Importer reported a generic error'. (File import failure)

How hard can that be? It is so frustrating to see all my clips go offline every single time. It has been happening since so long. Adobe has rolled out at least 2 or 3 updates but could not fix this simple bug? There is absolutely no solution for this? I am having to rename every single clip to reconnect. You know how annoying that is?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Generic error means that an error occurred, and that it wasn’t one that Premiere Pro understands. That same symptom can come from a broad variety of causes, so this is in no sense a simple bug. 

If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base