Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improved Captions Editing

Please improve captions editing by allowing us to copy/paste, selecting and moving multiple captions at once, easily create caption clips that can be inserted in the middle of a scene, etc. The caption features in Premiere are extremely limited and it's very time consuming to get captions the way I want them, especially if I need to make an edit in the middle of my timeline and now have to move potentially move hundreds of captions one-by-one.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. captions beta NAVIGATION

(actually, open captions/subtitles...since, ironically, these captions are NOT adaptable to closed captions at present) Clicking on a Caption in the new (beta) timeline should align to the same caption in the Text | Captions window.
    Currently, clicking on a caption in the Text | Captions window will automatically bring the CTI (cursor) to the correct caption in the timeline but it does NOT work the other way. One has to scroll through the entire Captions window to find the current caption (not impossible if one highlight/selects the caption in the timeline but it should really come up without having to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue should be resolved. The captioning workflow has now been released in Premiere Pro version 15.0. I encourage you to update.

Learn all about the new captions workflow here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.html

Learn all about the new captions workflow here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.html

3. Always keep captions visible in the Captions window

When working on captions, deselecting the captions clip in the Timeline (or selecting any other clip) makes all of the captions disappear from the Captions window. An empty Captions window is of zero benefit to editors and is an annoyance since it gives editors the added step of having to re-select the captions clip in the Timeline before they can continue to work on captioning.

My suggested solution is simple. Please always keep captions visible in the Captions window, whether the captions clip is currently selected in the Timeline or not. If the Timeline has 2 or more captions clips,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. mogrt text isn't showing up

I created a mogrt call-out locator pin file in After Effects that is essentially the same as the locator pin call-out template, only in the opposite direction. I exported the mogrt file from After Effects to my local templates folder and went to premiere to use it. But when I put it onto my timeline in premiere, the text doesn't show up. Everything but the text shows up. Why? Where did the text go?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. bulk slide captions

Better keyboard command/modifiers to bulk slide caption files. For example, take the the completed captions from a 30 minute video, and be able to quickly and accurately edit them down to 10 minutes like with video clips. We cant slide them easily or make razor tool cuts to the caption clips easily. often captions may slip or seemingly disappear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. multi selection for caption and moving captions in same time

i can't select multi caption in same time, please make multi selection for caption with mouse in sequence for moving captions in same time.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. i cant get my tutorial back

I tried clicking the help button and clicking premiere pro in- app tutorials button but nothing came up. I don't know how to get it back. its not fair if I forget how to work things and I cant get the tutorials back. I REFUSE TO GOOGLE ANYTHING. I WANT THE TUTORIALS. please. sorry I yelled I just want the tutorial back. thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Captions

I believe that captions should not be nested inside an adjustment layer.
    They should either have a dedicated track like Resolve has or simply be considered as a video track like in Avid MC.
    I also think that there should be a global setting (Font, size, positioning) that you can export and share if you have to with other editors. Unfortunately at the moment Premier has the worst captioning than all the other NLEs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please Enable Character Spacing In Open Captions

Character spacing is currently not available in open captions. This feature would be useful to a lot of users who need to stylize their subtitles

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mogrt Responsive Design Time bug

The Setting: I am a motion designer that has made a Mogrt template in After Effects for an Editor to use on long form content in Premiere. in AE, I animated an Intro and Outro for the template and created protected regions around the keyframes and the beginning and end of the comp. At first it was working as intended: when the Editor uses the template in Pr, he can lengthen and shorten the template as necessary without effecting the intro and outro animations.

The Problem: The Editor has found over time, when revisiting the project file, or even letting…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update 2020:
    Thanks to great information from users, we were able to nab what appeared to be the true root of the issue, a problem with the timing getting wiped from the project if no explicit interaction had been made with the timeline (like muting or unmuting a track).

If you head over to the Creative Cloud Desktop App and navigate to the Beta Apps section, you can download the Beta version of Premiere Pro (any version after 14.6 × 46) and the fix should be in!

Please let me know if the issues still occur for you, though. We want to put this one away for good, and are hopeful this time. Those zombie bugs are wild though!

The Reset Duration option is still available if needed as well.

Cheers,
    Dacia

11. Updating Essential Graphics Template (MOGRT) with sound always hangs at 89%

I have an AE composition with sound exported as a MOGRT that I use in Premiere Pro. I can import it and it'll display correctly. But if I attempt to Alt+Drag over an old one, the "Loading Motion Graphics Template..." gets stuck at 89%.

Pressing "Cancel" closes the popup, but the program fails to respond.

It happens every time I do this.

If I remove the sound layer it works fine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Major Bug in Audio Auto Ducking!

I use the auto ducking function all over my edits. Since PP 2020 it has a huge bug and does not work as it should anymore!

The function sets the keyframes correctly and if i play through the complete audio file and the playhead crosses the keyframes they work as they should. But if I start playback in the middle of an audio file and the playhead does not cross the keyframe it acts like there is no keyframe and does not change the volume as it should. Check the attached video for further explanation and watch the audio levels…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "MOGRT" スライダー制御の値を変更しても値が変わらない。

"MOGRT" スライダー制御の値を変更しても値が変わらない。
    下記の条件に全てあてはまると再現します。
    ・元の値は小数点が含まれていて、入力した値が整数である。
    ・元の値と入力する値は、四捨五入すると同じ値の整数になる。

(例)
    元の値  (入力値)  返される値
    1.4 (1) 1.4
    1.5 (2) 1.5
    1.6 (2) 1.6

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Audio Hardware to recognise headphones automatically

Audio Hardware doesn't automatically recognise my headphones. Everytime i have to unplug and plug back in I have to manually change the settings to headphones. This is a pain when working in an envoirnment constant change is required.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Captions Not Updating

Hi all,

I've now split my caption bugs into two reports. This one is about captions not updating.

This isn't something that happens every time, but it happens almost every time. Basically, captions don't update.

This might be when changing font details, like type, size, colour, etc, but also when changing the content of the caption, or its timing, or its placement. So, the problems are kind of across the board.

It should be noted that I'm referring to Open Captions, with a sequence appropriate frame rate, and resolution. This applies to imported .SRT files, and captions created directly within…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate with Amper Music API

There's this amazing AI music generator called AMPER that you can use online - it sounds really really good - but it would be so cool if it was baked into Premiere. Just like you can get stock videos and music in premiere from Adobe stock, I would love to see basically autogenerated AI music through the premiere interface.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Productions - Project Locked After Crash

The Productions panel says a project is locked after I was working on it and Premiere experienced a random crash. I'm editing a half-hour program with 10 TB of footage, so I love being able to split up my project files with Premiere Productions to reduce the overall amount of crashes. However, this bug is pretty annoying when it says a project is locked because "zack" is working on it. I'm Zack, and I'd love to be working on it, but can't because it's locked.

Specs:
    Premiere Pro: 14.3
    Mac Pro (2019)
    16 Cores, 96 GB ram, Radeon Pro Vega…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More things wrong with captions

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/38080990-everything-wrong-with-captions-in-premiere-pro-13

The above link is a post detailing issues with captioning. Here are some more that I would like to add to the list:

The most egregious failing of the system is the text-editing inabilities of the Captions panel. The text box does not respect standard system keyboard shortcuts for caret navigation. All of the following standard text-editing shortcuts, that see heavy usage with document editing, do not work as expected:

• Home/End: Instead of moving the caret to the start/end of the line, it selects the first/last caption in the list.

• Up/Down: Instead of moving up/down a line, it…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SRT captions to Essential Graphics

With social media deliverables becoming commonplace it is very common to need to convert an open-captioned film (ie for Youtube) into a 1:1 Facebook film with burned in caps. The burned-in caps options for SRT files are limited, low quality and buggy. There needs to be an option to convert all captions to an Essential Graphics template that is then itself editable on a global level (in other words all the captions can be changed together, much the same as how Master Styles work). This is not a quirk it is becoming a standard requirement and would massively help a…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. After Effects text disappears when changed in Premiere

After Effects text disappears when it is changed in Premiere. I've tried this on multiple PCs and the same thing happens. I've talked to support and the same thing happens on their computer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Y’all!

I’ve been sitting on the news of this fix with bated breath for what feels like an eternity. We’ve gone live with the latest release of Premiere Pro version 14.0.2 and Live Text Template workflows are back in action!

Apologies for the disruption in your workflows and thanks so much for your patience!
    Dacia

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base