Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug - Audio effect settings being reset when duplicating sequence

When duplicating a sequence, some of my audio effects settings, typically my compressor (usually this is a single-band compressor), has its settings reset.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating, especially when other editors need to jump into a project, and suddenly the sound is messed up.

1. Set up a compressor on your Bus Track.

2. Adjust settings of compressor to suit audio

3. Duplicate sequence

4. Marvel as all of your settings are intermittently reset

62 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

72 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: ProRes wrong colors in MOGRTs

When importing MOGRTS that use ProRes encoded Assets, the Assets look washed out (brighter) than they are supposed to. Importing the ProRes file directly in Premiere does not lead to this problem.

This breaks some MOGRTS of mine, some of them actively selling on Adobe Stock so this is a big inconvenience for Adobe Stock customers and should be fixed soon.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Issues with Responsive templates from After Effects in Premiere

I put together a new workflow for some videos that needed quick editing, creating time responsive templates in After Effects and then importing them into Premiere. That allowed me to create the animations needed, and then just make text and colour changes in Premiere. It was a good workflow especially since we had several people working on this project and I needed to insure animation consistency.

Once in Premiere, the templates were working as intended, where we could "stretch" them to fit the timings we needed. So if a template was originally 30 seconds long, but we needed it to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All!

I’m thrilled to finally be able to announce that the Premiere Pro v. 14.0.1 that was released last night has new functionality to help resolve issues that happen when the retiming of a Responsive Time Mogrt gets out of whack.

We’ve added a new function called “Reset Duration” in the Graphics top bar menu, which will use the length of the track item in the timeline as the single source of truth for how long the Mogrt should be retimed to. So if anything ends too early all you have to do is select the Mogrt in the timeline, use the Reset Duration command in the top bar Graphics menu, and voila!

This will also work with multiple selections at a time.
    No more manual re-trimming or redundant work.

The primary source of the issue stems from relinking to the Mogrt’s aegraphic file in the Motion Graphics Template…

4. Premiere Pro12.1 updated audio is sometimes played without sound, but once turned off and then you can hear audio, sometimes unstable audio

Premiere Pro12.1 updated audio is sometimes played without sound, but once turned off and then you can hear audio, sometimes unstable audio playback

103 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  31 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Data linking in MOGRTs for Premiere Pro broken

data driven workflows no longer work in Premiere Pro since 13.1.x releases.

MOGRTs exported from After Effects containing tsv data no longer pass data values when being read by Premiere Pro.

Premiere can see the data layer and see the values in the data layer when browsing the data. but none of the values are used by the MOGRT in the timeline. All examples of data in MOGRTs from AE 16.1.x are no longer working in PP.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can you test updates before launching them? Community would really appreciate it.

Support for H.265 D-log for DJI drones is all the sudden not supported and I have to convert in Encoder to import my clips now.

Crashing all the time now, I have lost over 4 hours of work at this point due to random crashing since I updated to the 13.1.3

I pay over $50 a month to you guys to get this right, my work relies on this.

Are you guys ever going to get yourselves together or are you going to wait till Davinci Eclipses you and everyone leaves? They are on the edge of killing adobe for…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do test, thanks.

If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

7. Premiere 13 has incorrect timecode for Sony a7sII clips

Premiere 13 has been exporting broken XMLs that don't work in Premiere 12 or Resolve. I finally figured out why: look at the source window monitor on the left (Premiere 12) and on the right (Premiere 13). 10 seconds and some frames off. Resolve lines up with Premiere 12's timecode.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BIG PROBLEMS with Premiere in Videoserver surroundings

Work on stability and performance! Big Problems with working in videoserver surroundings, like Editshare. We are thinking to change to DaVinci Resolve. Our customer is a german automobile company with a turnover of 97 billion dollars 2018.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove/Merge duplicate clips

Often through importing sequences from other projects you find yourself with two identical clips in your project. Some way to merge these two identical clips into one clip would be outstanding and help keep projects from getting messy.

57 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Edit text in Essential Graphics panel

Would be great If I could just double click on the text in the "Essential Graphics" panel and change the text there instead of trying to select it in the Program Monitor.

If the text is really small or have like 10% opacity it takes a lot of extra time, trying to zoom in the Program Monitor, change to the type tool and then select the text.

(Also, sometimes I accidentally move it in the Program Monitor when trying to select it.)

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of PrPro CC 2020 (14.0), you can double click on a Text Layer in the EGP and the whole string will become text-editable in the Program Mon (PM). So you can just type new characters in that way without having to locate your text in the PM.

Also, there is a keyboard shortcut. Press Opt + Cmd + ’ (mac) or Ctrl + Alt + ’ (win) and your selected text layer will become highlighted for edit.

Finally, for shapes and clip layers, you can now click on the layer name in the EGP Layers pane and edit the name inline there.

This may not be exactly the feature you had in mind, but as you can see, there are some good new options for changing source text and layer names from right inside the EGP.

11. Bug report: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.1.2

I just tried to import a file PM4 file from my Xiaomi Yi 4K+ and I am getting this nasty error: File Import Failure. The importer reported a generic error. ImporterMPEG (Importer:39) and ImporterQuickTime (Importer:57)
    I am using PC Windows 10 Pro. However, I have another laptop running the previous version of Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.1.1 and there works fine. Please fix that nasty bug!!! I cannot use my files on the main PC!!!

I am including test video file and 2 screenshots. Try this footage as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gud6tbatwad0vl8/YI024701.mp4?dl=0

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We need a way to mass edit captions/subtitles!

We need a way to be able to edit ALL lines from an imported .srt file at the same time...

like formatting the background, font, size, placement... all at the same time.
    (As opposed to currently where we need to do one line at a time)

Depending on the change needed and the talking speed of the speaker... It takes at least 30s-90s per minute of video to edit them one line at time...

which is a huge waste of time!

Please implement this functionality... it's should be too hard to fix from a software engineering point of view.

and…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I have the very latest update for my Premiere pro program. It no longer supports PNG!!! That's insane. Why would you remove any file formats

It can't possibly use up any band with to retain old file formats, yet you have eliminated many. Ones like AVI and PNG are still used for many stock photos and clips. Also, you can no longer edit an audio file in Audition, it always says file not found, no matter which file you choose. Hoping this is just a glitch because it's really slowing down my work flow.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG: when setting a adjustment layer to 0% height premiere crashes.

BUG REPORT:
    When setting an adjustment layer to 100% width and 0% height (to start automation) premiere crashes.
    Tried 5 times. Always crash at that point.
    I use an Lumteri effect on the adjlayer and an gausion blur of 37.

Also rendering older projects with this setting gives an crash in the encoder. So I am not able to work with my old projects.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve tested; the crash doesn’t occur in current Premiere Pro builds, mac or windows, given the steps provided.

If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

16. Prores bug on OSX using ExFat exernal drives

I found a bug on at least High Sierra and Mojave in all versions of Premiere Pro 13.x (2019), which happens when trying to edit prores files off an external hard drive. If the hard drive is formatted as ExFat, your timeline playback grinds virtually to a halt, and editing is impossible. As soon as the same project is copied to a drive formatted to MacOS Journalled, it plays normally.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Team Projects should be available for different computers using the same ID

CC for Teams allows to open Premiere in two different computers. However, it does not allow to create a team project for those two computers, because team projects only work correctly between different adobe IDs (i.e., different licenses). They should also be available for different computers using the same ID.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Will not work with iPhone videos. Most people use there phones these days for home videos as well as vlogg. Please help.

Will not work with iPhone videos. Most people use there phones these days for home videos as well as vlogg. Please help.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Team Project Sync keyboard shortcut

There is a sync mechanism to send the latest changes to the cloud but it cannot be triggered via a keyboard shortcut, e.g. Ctrl-S, but it should be.

A user can double click on the little changed icon in the lower left corner of the program window. That does the sync and displays a checkmark when it succeeds. Whatever that action is doing should be possible via a keyboard shortcut.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG Premiere CC 13.0.2 No longer loads Red Giant plugins.

BUG Premiere CC 13.0.2 No longer loads Red Giant plugins.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We haven’t had any reports, from users or Red Giant, of plug-in loading problems in current versions.

If you can still reproduce the problem in current versions of Premiere Pro, please contact Support; we’d be happy to help.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base