Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

163 results found

1. Varicam LT audio issues in Premiere Pro 15.1

Varicam LT audio turns to pink noise / white noise in 15.1. Plays fine in 15.0.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →
  2. Enhancement of essential graphics text tools

We want to be able to add gradients, scene features, and apply multiple shadows to text (as with legacy titles).

It is inevitable that legacy titles will disappear someday.
    However, we want at least the features equivalent to legacy titles to be included in Essential Graphics.
    For that purpose, I want to be able to add a gradient scene function and apply multiple shadows.
    The Essential Graphics text tool has evolved significantly with the April 2019 update. Especially in Japan, joy was raised. Later, if you evolve a little more, it will create great value in the Japanese video production…

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Updating as Completed. We have added multiple shadows and gradients for text layers. If there are more specific feature requests for Essential graphics improvements please create a new UserVoice post. For gradients for strokes and shadows please add your vote or comment to this UserVoice request https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43047765-gradients-for-strokes-and-shadows

3. Allow copying from locked tracks

When I think of locking tracks I think that it should not allow changes to that track, but Premiere goes further in not allowing muting/unmuting, or even copying from a locked track. I think this functionality should be changed. Muting/unmuting and copying should not be affected by locking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →
  4. export a captions file as .srt or .stl

New update:
    Bug

aim:
    Export .srt or .stl file

Problem:
    New update only allows for (Captions) export as a SideCar file. Alongside generation of media.

Error:
    At least one media type must be selected

Workaround:
    Export audio file with track muted then delete file.

Solution:
    Export settings options:
    - Export video
    - Export Audio
    - Export Metadata

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Release Adobe Rush for Google Pixel 4 / 4XL

Adobe Pixel 4 and 4XL are flagship phones that have been out quite a while now. It is extremely frustrating to not have Adobe Rush available on them. Please make it compatible and available on Google Play for these phones.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Blackmagic Ultra Monitor 3G in 2021 PP

I was recently told by your tech support that 2021 PP does not support playback through the Blackmagic Ultra Studio Monitor 3G dongle on the Mac Mini M1. However, it does work on 2020 PP with no issues. I think something got broke in 2021 PP because it doesn't even show up in the PP preference menu, even though it is installed on the computer.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Admin →
  7. Backup all users profiles and preferences (if fact everything) in Creative Cloud - Synced

Imagine a place, where you never lost any preferences, where you can find the last preferences of your favorite app, after you lost everything, after a reboot or even after an unknown problem with you ***** PC/Mac.

The idea is simple, allow for each app some spaces, 1-2 Go (or more) in Creative Cloud will create a place that will only stock all personals profiles and their update automatically (not only project or files).

Remember the old project files path you've made in 2014? No? Creative Cloud got your back! Recent files will always be remember with this improvement. If…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. AUDIO PANEL stop default buy from Adobe and to add our own sound fx libraries

1. When you open the panel - it Defaults to BUY from Adobe. It should be EDIT.

2. Allow us to add our our own audio effects from our own libraries we have accumulated.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow disabling productions automatic locking

I use Productions A LOT and I love it. But I'm working alone and I don't have to worry about team mates getting in my files, so I don't need it to constantly block me from saving my projects. I'd like a feature that lets me disable that feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re glad you like Productions!

We went back and forth on this point for a while: as you’ve pointed out, it might be odd for a lone user to have locking on.

We ultimately decided to force locking on, because it is so crucial when working collaboratively and it is always possible for someone to forget to turn it on, or turn it off by accident.

Perhaps you could move the ‘project locked’ column to the far right, so it’s scrolled offscreen…?

Also, based on the screenshot, the team thinks you’re running into a permissions problem on your system (or that particular volume), not with Productions.

10. Shift + drag over a series of tracks in the Track Selector to select tracks

The Track Selector really needs an update to improve functionality and speed. Like Shift + drag over a series of tracks in the Track Selector to enable / disable tracks.
    At the moment you need to go and press on every Track Selection Button (V1 , V2, V3 / A1, A2 , A3 etc) to enable / disable.
    With this new function, you can just press on one Track Selection Button and drag over other tracks to enable / disable. So much faster (AVID has this). In my workflow in AVID, I deselect all tracks with one button (another feature…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →
  11. A Notes Panel

Literally just a panel I can put my script in or just type notes into, that way I don't have to keep open a Word doc or Notepad window. Doesn't have to be fancy. Maybe just has the ability to adjust the font and font size. This would make a lot of people's workflow that much cleaner.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Copy/Paste effects from Audio Track Mixer tracks

Hi! I have 280 sequences that all need to have added two effects from the Audio Track Mixer-panel, but the effects there are not possible to copy and paste from one sequence to one or multiples, so I now need to create 1 sequence with correct Audio Track Mixer effects, then duplicate it 279 times, then rename all new 280 comps and then paste every one of the original 280 sequences into the new one in order to have an easy Single Band Compressor on Audio Track 2, and Hard Limiter on Master track.

A simple right-click in the option…

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Durin G (Adobe) responded

Please check out the latest Premiere Pro (Beta) update, available under Beta Apps in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop, to preview the new copy/paste audio effects between tracks feature.

Right-click on the effects rack for any track in the Audio Track Mixer panel and copy or paste the entire effects rack from one track to another.

If you have a chance to try this out, please share your feedback ASAP as we’ll have time to address any issues before releasing this in the main public release.

Thank you!

13. Make Audio output have an option to automatically switch with the system default.

Sometimes while working on a project I switch from speakers to headphones or vice-versa. Premiere not only keeps the output device the same as it was before the switch, but it bugs out to where you have to select the OPPOSITE device as the output in order to trick it into playing the audio out through the correct source. Make an option for it to automatically detect the audio output device being used within windows so that it just switches with the system. Or at the very least, make it so that I don't have to trick it into working…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →
  14. Default Audio Output does not switch with System

When changing the default audio output within Windows 10 (say from speakers to headphones) while Premiere is open, Premiere switches to a different output than selected and can never be switched back until the application is closed and restarted. Once restarted, the audio output works, but the devices shows up twice in the audio settings, both say (not working), even though they do (see attached image). Note that I only have two audio outputs, even if Premiere is showing three.

Also, Premiere should follow whatever the default output is set to at on startup, or have an option to do…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →
  15. Missing feature... Prioritizing that respects users!

In Pr 15.0 (currently in Beta), Adobe solved a 'problem' with a solution no one's been asking for: when Pr finishes exporting, a dialog box temporarily pops up in the bottom right corner of the screen (see illustration).

In a perfect world of unlimited software development resources, there wouldn't be anything wrong with this per se. However, in the real world, this new feature is a slap in the face to User Voice contributors.

Why?

Because programming resources were spent to solve a problem that never existed (where is the User Voice thread asking for an export success confirmation box?),…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Well put; your tone is just fine.

In our defense, the ‘render done’ message was actually requested by multiple users, though not on User Voice…

Regardless, we’ve heard loudly and clearly that it’s undesirable, and that (like many users) you’d like us to prioritize other highly-voted UV features.

16. Support for Apple's new Afterburner card for ProRes acceleration.

Support for Apple's new Afterburner card please. The new Mac Pro is build for the community Adobe wants, so it would be a wise to support the Afterburner card..

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Finally, Adobe Premiere Pro established a great subtitle system in 2021 new version that you should know!

Adobe Premiere Pro established a great subtitle system in 2021 new version. Called Text that will make editing subtitle very easy & quick. Thanks for Adobe teams. Have a nice day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Render & Replace (with alpha) work for common SoMe frame sizes

The Render & Replace feature in Premiere Pro is great, especially for complex MOGRTs that will not play smoothly. It's much better than rendering the sequence, since we can still move the clip around without re-rendering. It's fantastic!

But the only option for MOGRTs that are not full screen (and most are not) and need an Alpha channel is GoPro Cineform. That's a very good codec, but it has some limitations that makes it unsuitable for non-broadcast frame sizes: The frame width must be evenly divisible by 16 and the frame height by 8. Adobe knows this: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/gopro-cineform-codec.html#TipstoworkwiththeGoProCineFormcodecbr

This means…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. productions rename clip

In productions, we should be able to rename a clip in the timeline independently from the master clip, just like you can in a regular project. I honestly don't see why this feature didn't make it to productions.

I rename timeline items such as adjustment layers all the time, as well as black video on which I write the scene nr and version. Having migrated a project to productions, I now have to fix this workflow somehow (create a new item in the project for each instance... boooo)- or migrate back to a regular project.

I like working in Productions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Centralized Management of project settings

We need a centralized method of settings user settings and project settings for all users in the enterprise. Disk Cache, media cache and project locations are the settings we are specifically looking for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Premiere Pro

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base