Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Content Credentials for Video

It would be very nice to add Content Credentials feature to Premier Pro - the same way it's done in Photoshop Beta. This might help to prevent converting illegally acquired videos into NFTs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add auto-save prior to export

I see lots of great thought for auto-save. Please consider if nothing else add an auto-save when the user hits export in case the file browser crashes premiere, or premiere crashes on export for other reasons.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Feature Request: Add Legacy title tool functionality into Essential Graphics

If Legacy title tool is going away, please add it's functionality to the essential graphics panel. I'm a very avid user of the legacy title tool and I find that I'm infinitely more proficient and efficient when using the legacy title tool vs the essential graphics panel.

If adobe is going to force us users to switch to the Essential graphics panel in future updates, I would great appreciate some of the key functionality of the legacy title tool being implemented into the essential graphics tool.

Specific features:
    - In Legacy Titler (LT), the user has a line tool to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Unable to checkout image from plugin's buttons

PFCHECKOUTPARAM no longer returns a valid image from PFCmdUSERPARAMCHANGED in Premiere Beta, as of 22.1.1 BETA build 41.
    Occurs on Mac and Windows, every system, every time. PFCHECKOUTPARAM doesn't return an error but the effect world have bogus value, like very large width and rowbytes.
    If we need to use another API that's fine, but PFCHECKOUTPARAM should at least return an error.
    PrSDKSequenceRenderSuite seems to be the alternative, but I have not yet tried setting other parameters from the completion callback.

To reproduce this, download Beauty Box, apply and click…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Captions missing last character

When selecting text in the 'Text' -> 'Captions' panel and copying/cutting, the last character selected becomes deselected.

For example, if I copy the phrase 'The quick brown fox' and paste it into another caption, the pasted text reads 'The quick brown fo'.

This is more frustrating when cutting text as the last character remains in the original location.

For example, if I select and cut 'The quick brown fox' and paste it into a new caption, I end up with 'x' in the original caption and 'The quick brown fo' in the new caption.

This has been a bug through…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Maintain export filepaths based on last export per project

So let's say I have two projects going - Video A for Client 1 and Video B for Client 2 We'll say I've already exported a version of each video to the correct (different) filepaths.
    Lets say I have approvals on both projects - I export Video A for Client 1. Next, I open up Video B and export for Client 2. Even though this is a different project file, Premiere still defaults to my last export location - Video A for Client 1. Would be nice if Premiere defaulted to the last export location based on project instead of…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Avid ScriptSync

Now when adobe is developing the transcript feature the next step has definitely to be adobes own version of ScriptSync . I don’t even understand why there is still nothing like this feature implemented in premiere especially Hollywood editors love this feature and don´t want to miss it on avid. I still have to use avid just because of script sync. I am really convinced that this would bring premiere pro to the next level…soo please we need ScriptSync for premiere pro!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rounded corners + shadow at the same time, on graphics

It would be nice to have the rounded corners radius control on graphic elements.
    Cause as it is now, it is only possible to make even rounded corners to a rectangle - using a mask.
    This is a problem, cause then you can't get a shadow on the element at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. BUG: VST3 plugins crash the app when rendering or exporting

I had a deadline today and instead of delivering on time, I spent the entire day troubleshooting this crash. Turns out, adding a vst3 plugin to an a/v clip causes Premiere to crash 100% of the time when exporting or rendering. Sometimes Pr immediately crashes, other times it will crash at the end of the audio pass. Either way, the only fix was to delete all signs of vst3 from project and then export. I had a ton of work which i basically had to trash because i didn't have time to rebuild all the audio with other solutions.

I…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display Date and Time of when clip was recorded/created

I'm happy about the new Metadata & Timecode Burn-in plugin. The addition I would really like to see is an option in the list for Date and Time, showing when the clip was shot.

In nearly every video I make, I need to know/display what time it was when it the clip was shot. I believe some cameras record special metadata for this, while others like GoPro just have the creation date. Being able to display this onscreen via a plug-in would be a tremendous benefit. Today I use a different NLE in order to retrieve this info from my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Burn in Metadata/Markers/Overlay

Hi, I often work with producers remotely. I send stringouts, they respond with selects, and so on. It'd be great to see an option to burn in my overlays (clip timecode, audio timecode, marker text, and whatever else I have selected to display.) in the export. This would be a lot easier for everyone watching to just jog thru footage and jump to sections of the video they want to see based on marker text. not everyone is on premiere so they cannot see the embedded markers. XMP data would also be a great option to include in overlays/burn in.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Video Usage metadata to work across all projects in a Production

The Video Usage metadata doesn't work when working in a Production as the sequences are in a different project to the rushes. It would be great to have a Video Usage metadata read of a clip for all sequences in a production. Appreciate there's a complication that not all projects will be open or it would have to work with open projects only but with multiple editors using the same rushes project it would be super useful to know if a clip has been used and what sequence that was in . . .

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Color labels in Productions - should be able to make colors project/production-wide

An incredibly useful feature is being able to make all clip label colors the same, project-wide. For example, sort the Project window to group low res clips, make them a color, and now all those clips, in all timelines, show that color, making it easy to update them. But Productions has removed this feature (that Setting appears only when using a standalone project, not one in a Production), and it urgently needs to be brought back, as it's exactly the kind of feature a large project with multiple editors needs. We desperately need a workaround for this.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Spring-loaded Bins

Can you please have Spring-loaded Bins/folders in the project window? Similar to the way the Finder will open a folder that you hover over with your mouse. This would make it SO much easier than expanding bins before you start dragging assets into a bin structure.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Arabic Captions

Please Improve the Arabic caption Unicode, there is a dangerous problem in controlling texts in the captions in general especially when the caption is already made and you want to import it's a big broken text and it needs to fix sentence by sentence which takes too much time to just import subtitle and burns it with the video, especially with dots commas and numbers, etc, please it's just wasting working time and cost us money and unnecessary efforts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add real-time rendering

There needs to be an option added to have background real-time rendering enabled for Videos and Effects. It is very annoying to manually render each item, or the whole timeline and wait long minutes (hours) for things to render on high end PC's. Apple's Final Cut Pro offers real-time rendering and makes workflow and playback MUCH easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,618 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

574 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for all the feedback. It’s pretty clear that we’ve got to look into the workflow using this format more closely, there are enough reports about gaps at this point to reopen this item. I’ll post more info about next steps shortly. In the meantime, a couple of questions are easy to answer:

- The plugin is designed for Premiere Pro. It currently doesn’t provide support for After Effects.
    - It does work with AME, so if you want to use it for batch processing, that’s very doable
    - If you’ve started a project with Autokroma, there’s no easy way to transfer it to be running with the new plugin.

Patrick

18. Nearest neighbor scaling (sampling) - simple and vital

After Effects allows you to use Bicubic, bilinear, and nearest neighbor ("draft") for scaling. (Also known as "sampling" or "interpolation.")

Premiere should absolutely have the option for the Motion effect to use Nearest Neighbor. (It would still be bicubic by default, as it is now.)

This is very important for sprite art, screenshots, screen recordings, etc.

Here is a forum thread on the issue from 2012, where most people unfortunately don't even understand what the problem is:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061901

NOTE: The TRANSFORM effect currently has the option for bilinear and bicubic. It would be good to add nearest neighbor here, but…

484 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear or nearest neighbor. From reading the forum post, it seems that up-scaling is the real issue here. I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content.

19. Premiere won't export convolution reverb audio effect

Premiere won't export convolution reverb audio effect. When I use Reverb (Obsolete), Audio effect exports fine.
    Version 14.2.0 (Build 47)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  10 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Autosave reset if i save manually

Can we have it that, if i save the project the autosave function then resets its timer.

eg, Autosave is set to 10 mins. I happen to manually save the project at the 9 minute mark of this autosave countdown. Instead of it then interrupting my workflow by saving again in 1 minute. Autosave then resets back to 10 minutes and begins its countdown again.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base