Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• or
  1. Keep metadata in AAFs so that export

Sort out your ******* export of AAF metadata to Pro Tools.

13 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. batch rename

Batch renaming within a bin. The ability to select all the clips (or some of the clips) in a bin, right-click and select batch rename. From there you could select parameters much like renaming files in the mac finder--Name format, starting number, etc.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: Can't tab between custom metadata fields in Metadata panel

If you select multiple clips in the project panel and then use the metadata panel to change a custom metadata field. When you then hit the tab key the focus moves to the next field for an instant and then the focus is lost and it seems to then go to the Project panel search field!
    This means you can't quickly move through a large number of custom meta fields using just the keyboard and have to keep returning to the mouse to move to reselect the next custom field.

If you are entering metadata in the standard fields (not…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Metadata display of audio channel names embedded in imported poly WAV files

Most poly WAVs include metadata about track information like kind of mic used, names of characters, etc. E.g. TX, BOOM, MS. This data is unavailable in the metadata display in PP. Would be great to add this to the default metadata options.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keyword metadata changes all clips, not just selected clip.

Now when I enter a keyword in the metadata (my primary means of sorting footage), no matter which clip I select, it changes the keyword metadata for all clips in a bin, making it impossible to use keywords effectively.

For example, if I have a bin with 10 clips, and I select the first clip and enter "wide" into the keyword metadata, the remaining 9 clips also are now labelled "wide".

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: Can no longer tab through fields in metadata

In Premiere 13.0.1 you can no longer tab through the fields (i.e. hit tab on the keyboard to move through the different fields) when inputting information into the Metadata fields in the "Metadata" menu from the export screen.

Now inputting a lot of Metadata information takes longer to click through the fields to enter the information.

Possible to revert back to being able to tab through?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Custom metadata overlays or burn-ins

It would be great to be able to add any metadata overlay with the overlay settings.

As it is now we are limited to Source Timecode, Sequence Timecode, Markers, Sequence Clip Name, Project Clip Name, File Name, Sound Timecode, and Sound Roll.

It would be great if you could choose any of the many fields in the Metadata Panel.

This could also be implemented as an effect similar to or integrated into the existing clip name effect. It could also be integrated into the simple text effect. You could pick a source track and it would overlay or burn in…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug: DPP Metadata Fix

Premiere incorrectly tags DPP AS-11 HD Exports as Full range colour space when it should be video range. This metadata cannot be adjusted in the export window. Should be a simple enough fix

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Metadata Display Category Name - Call It What It Is: "Resolution," not "Video Info"

In the Project bin, we have options for metadata display headings. And when we Right click the Metadata header to alter what metadata columns show up, we can search for "resolution" -- but video resolution doesn't show up. If you want to see your video's actual resolution, you have to have a metadata called "Video Info" checked. So silly! Can we please rename the ambiguous and totally nondescriptive "Video Info" to "Video Resolution"? Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. An In to Out Metadata Display

I've posted on this in detail here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/In-to-Out-Duration-in-Metadata-Display/m-p/10619641#M227394

I'd simply like a Metadata Display option that shows what the in to out duration (not total duration) of a given clip or sequence in a bin. VIDEO DURATION does not provide this on my system, but rather gives me the overall duration as does MEDIA DURATION.

Martin

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. batch editing

It would be nice to have an option similar included in photoshop, so we can batch edit simple things in a group of clips, like size, time, quality, etc.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Column metadata from ALE to follow onto multicam sequences

Importing an ALE (with descriptions from script supervisor) and linking all media works fine, but when creating multicam sequences from those files, none of the metadata from the ALE follows through, columns are empty.

There should be a workaround to either make metadata follow through OR being able to link these multicam sequences to the ALE.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Metadata Display presets don't remember chosen order

The Metadata Display customization could be a little more helpful, mainly having a way for saved settings to remember the order we have placed the metadata columns in. I find that each new project I start (while I can bring up the particular fields I want again), I have to re-order them in my project window each time. Adding order to a saved setting would remove a lot of headache.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add metadata for media - date added to project

I'm assistant editing on a project and pulling sound effects. I'm going to be pulling SFX over multiple days, but would like to keep each SFX category in 1 bin while retaining the ability to sort by date added to the premiere project.

Currently the date sorting metadata options - Creation Date, Metadata Date, and Modification Date - do not give me this option.

To keep the ability to sort by date I'm having to create sub-bins for each date, making it more convoluted for the editor and forcing them to try and remember which SFX are in which dated…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export custom metadata set as excel or csv file

Would like the ability to export either the current metadata view, or a custom set of metadata via an export window, into a spreadsheet. This feature is already ALMOST implemented with the Export > Avid Log Exchange function, but that option doesn't let you select which data elements are exported. The basic functionality seems to exist, just not a universally useful implementation.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Batch export from timeline in premiere pro

Premiere pro should be able to batch export its media on the timeline, if 50 clips are aligned in the sequence, premiere pro must batch export them all in a specific pattern.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Batch Export for XMLs and OMFs

It should be possible to Batch Export XMLs and OMFs

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Find and Replace Metadata

I am adding tags of metadata to a long list of clips, so that they are searchable by attributes:

i.e. Trees, Drone, Green, Rocky, Mountains, Snowy, Wide, Medium, Tight, etc.

It is inevitable during this list that I have made errors in typing. I would like to find and replace my mistakes.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please add the ability to use MEDIA BROWSER to search for METADATA

Allow Media Browser to search by metadata. Useful to search large footage library.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Respect Color Metadata When Decoding Video Files

Video files carry three pieces of color metadata (color primary, transfer function and matrix coefficients), Premiere Pro ignores all of them and decodes using BT.709 by default.

Some cameras encode files using BT.601 matrix and when decoded incorrectly with BT.709 matrix, the color will be wrong.

Emerging format such as Hybrid Log Gamma for HDR uses BT.2020 matrix, again when this is decoded using BT.709 matrix, the color will be wrong.

Please respect the color metadata tags when decoding video files.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base