Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Open CL and ProRes Raw Bug

ProRes Raw files are seeming unable to be played back on AMD GPUs using the latest PP 22.x + ProRes RAW 1.3 on Latest Windows 10 & 11.

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/issues-decoding-prores-raw/m-p/12648595

There seems to be a bug that prevents the rendering of frames using GPU Acceleration using OpenCL that produces a console Error and results in audio playing but only a black screen for video:

<12112> <Assert> <0> Debug Assert failed!
    Expression: dvacore::ResultSucceeded(result)
    Process: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
    Process ID: 9652
    Thread ID: 12112
    Thread Name: Display Thread
    File: ....\Src\RenderRequest.cpp
    Line: 228
    Function: AdobePlayer::RenderRequest::ProduceFrame
    Last Error: 6
    Assert Dialog Show:false
    Callstack:
    xRendererEntry…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A “ghost playhead" which ALWAYS marks the timeline location of the currently displayed frame

(Perhaps "current view indicator" is a better name than "ghost playhead.")

Here is the problem: The (cyan, user-controlled) playhead does NOT necessarily correlate to the frame that is being shown in the program or source monitor.

Sometimes, an old frame continues to be displayed, even though the user clicked elsewhere on the timeline (or "time ruler," as Premiere calls it.)

Depending upon computer specs, network bandwidth and latency, video codec, and other factors, it can sometimes take several seconds for the chosen frame to actually load and be displayed.

In the meantime, users need some kind of indication as to…

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audition Remix Added to Premiere Pro

I use the Remix feature in Audition nearly every day, causing me to make the roundtrip from PPro to Audition and back. It's time-consuming. Additionally, if I install the PPro public beta, it breaks the dynamic link to Audition, causing me to have to uninstall PPro, Audition and the beta, then reinstall PPro and Audition to restore the link. If Remix was added to PPro, it would solve both of these problems.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: Playback in timeline wont stop when moving at double speed or more (v22)

in the newest update (v22) of premiere pro, when you shuttle right in the sequence at double speed, (or more) the playback won't stop, even when shuttle stop is pressed. Adobe premiere acts normally otherwise, (you can save and quit) but it will still keep playing at that speed. Even closing the sequence doesn't make it stop. You have to close out of the app and then re open the project.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. proxy color management

The new color management options in 22.x versions break the proxy color and dynamic range, when using LOG or HLG/PQ original clips that have been over-ridden to Rec.709 with an input LUT.

The original clip on the Rec.709 sequence is 'normalized' correctly. But when you then go to create proxies, the CM is not used in creating the proxy.

What you get is a blown out useless mess of an image as your "proxy".

Not a correctly viewable image in the same color space as the original clip and the sequence.

We need the proxies to follow the clip Color…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. exporting option into a word doc for transcriptions

I wanted to export my transcript in an editable form such as notepad or word doc. Am I missing how to do this? I don't know how to open a .prtranscript file and can't find anything on it. I want to be able to take the script out of premiere and make changes.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Captions in Premiere 2021 timeline is lagging

I work in a projects with a lot of captions. I have timelines with 30 to 70 minutes with captions.

Zoomed out to the whole timeline and visible captions my timeline starts to lag BIG time. The timeline zoomed in works just fine. Hiding the captions is also ok.

Imac Pro 2017

32 GHz 8-core Xeon W

64 GB 2666 DDR4

Radeon Pro Vegas 64X 16GB

extra monitor Apple 2,5K

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Some eyedroppers do not work properly when color management is enabled.

If you enable the check box in Preferences > General > Display color management, it will adjust the colors on the Source and Program monitors according to that monitor’s associated .icm file. However, this is only for viewing purposes on that specific monitor.
    For an eyedropper to work properly, it must sample the color as it exists BEFORE color management is applied to it. But most of the eyedroppers inside of Premiere will only sample a color AFTER it has been adjusted by color management.
    You can prove this by turning on color management, then trying to use a Color…

413 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Premiere, Audition, and AE icons different colors again

Until this recent update, it was very easy to look at a file and know if it's a Premiere, Audition, or AE File because the icons were different colors. Now that they're all purple, it's a lot harder to tell what type of file I'm looking at, especially if it's a small icon. There also seems to be no benefit to the average user for this change. Please change icons back to their previous colors or any other colors that aren't exactly the same.

381 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ISSUE - Poor hardware encoding quality - Mac M1 PRO chip

The quality of exporting from Premiere Pro using hardware encoding on the new MacBook Pro with M1 PRO chip is extremely poor. I've tried exporting with multiple different projects and footage but the quality when exporting with hardware encoding is pixelated and blurred - the file size is also significantly smaller than the estimated file size.

There is no issue with software encoding and footage is as expected.

I've tried Premiere Pro 2022 and also gone back to 2021 and tried opening with Rosetta instead, still hardware encoding into H264 is extremely poor quality with file sizes less than half…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't move masks (or mask points) with Arrow Keys anymore!

Sometime in the very beginning of January 2021, using Arrow Keys to move masks, (or mask points) directionally around the window by pixel accurate methods, changed over to moving the playhead instead!?

And when I go into Keyboard Shortcuts, and try to manually change it, it doesn't work! And I also tried removing all the default settings, and just add back in, Move by 1 pixel for each direction, and it still doesn't work!

I BELIEVE THIS IS A BUG, AND A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE DO AS WELL:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/i-can-t-move-mask-with-arrow-key/m-p/11677100/thread-id/317272

https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/kbav8l/using_arrow_keys_to_move_a_mask_no_longer_works

Adobe, if this is NOT a bug, and is…

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Premiere 2022 crashes when starting an export

When going to export anything out of premiere (cmd+m) on mac pro 2019, instant crash. program closes nothing. project lock stays in finder.

program will not export if reopened with project lock file still next to the project. program may export if the project lock is manually deleted. about a 50% chance.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug! Premiere plays audio from HEVC too early. Possible Codec Issue

Premiere plays HEVC audio up to two frames too early and displays up to two frames of no audio at the end of clips. Not an issue in Resolve or Final Cut Pro

I make small H.264 proxies of HEVC footage from Canon C70 cameras so editors can download footage quickly. Sometimes clips have 4 channel audio so I have to make proxies in Compressor or EditReady. We noticed that there is a discrepancy in the audio of two frames between the original footage and the proxy footage. This is a HUGE problem and waste of time when reconnecting full…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The lastest version (22.1.1) is unreliable un Windows 10, is way too slow

I am on Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 21H2 build 19044.1415.
    on a Dell Precision 7760 workstation, with an 11th Gen Intel Core Processor i9-11950H, 128 Gb of RAM at 3200 MHz, an NVIDIA RTX A5000 dedicated GPU w/16 GB of GDDR6 Memory, and PCIe 4 SSD's.

And ever since I updated to Premiere Pro 22.1.1, it takes A LOT longer to load the projects, A LOT LONGER to save them, and on the sequences, while moving a clip from one channel to another, it just freezes down.
    Also, the Red Giant Universe Plugin stopped working (that I guess is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG (v15.4.1) - h264 encodes are poor quality on M1 MacMini

h264 exports done on an M1 MacMini show significantly more compression artefacts than those done on non-M1 hardware. In investigating the problem I noticed that the file sizes are significantly smaller than expected and digging into the export shows that the resultant bitrate is only around 60% of what it should be. This is across all the built-in presets that use single-pass h264 hardware encoding as well as any custom ones. To prove the point I encoded the same file on several platforms, (both Mac and PC), with several export presets. See the attached file that shows the results.

h264…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Present an error message before output when a Warp Stabilizer watermark is on a clip

If you have altered a clip with the Warp Stabilier and your clip now has a Warp Stabilizer "Frame not analyzed" watermark warning, Premiere Pro should warn the editor this is there before and output. This would avoid this watermarked shot being rendered into an export before the editor could fix it.

In fact any undesirable thing like a watermark banner should be presented to the editor before an export. In the end I would rather have a shot export WITHOUT the Warp Stablizer at all than to have it export with a watermark.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dynamic Link with After Effects Issues on V.22

Issues are being reported on the Community Forums related to Dynamic Linked projects with After Effects being broken after updating To Premiere Pro 22 and latest After Effects.

Issue fixed after rolling back to previous versions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. h264 NAS

Bug report: After upgrading to Premiere v15, exporting an H264 file from either Premiere or Media Encoder to my NAS creates a file which the program claims exported successfully, but actually creates a glitched file. At some point in the file, the audio will drop out, and the video will freeze on a single frame, which will remain on screen for the rest of the duration.

Exporting a quicktime file to my NAS doesn't cause this problem, and exporting an H264 file to my internal harddrive doesn't cause this problem, so there's only an issue with the combination of encoding…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  33 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Captions are displaying twice, and the second one can't be turned off

I'm on the new version of Premiere, and I have a 608 track that can be enabled and edited as designed. However, rendering OVER that in the Program Monitor are the same titles again in the style of 608 captions of Premiere 14.x. There seems to be no way to toggle these titles off, and they do not respond to editing the caption text. However, if I edit the text, save the project, close it and reopen it, the old style 608 titles will reflect whatever changes I had made before reopening the project.

If it helps, I notice the…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. To make GoPro Cineform or Apple ProRes a default render codec in sequence settings instead i-Frame only MPEG.

To make GoPro Cineform or Apple ProRes a default render codec in sequence settings instead i-Frame only MPEG. i-frame only MPEG causes a lot of render bugs, which not appeared than you using a professional codecs in sequence settings.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base