Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please fix flickering play-head resulting in inactive timeline

Still getting this flickering playhead issue. My interface basically become inactive when this happens. I've done everything: Update graphics card, updated Adobe Premiere and reworked my cache and ram. I've configured the graphics on the computer for Premiere and udated the C++ preview files. There is really no workaround for this? (Video of what is happening attached)

Work Computer:

Windows 10.0.18362

Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core

16 GB Ram

AMD Radeon RX 580

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. STOP SWITCHING TO THE NEXT CLIP WHEN I'M TRYING TO MANIPULATE KEYFRAMES

This is super annoying. I create a keyframe, let's say a motion keyframe. Set it to 50. Then create another one, set it to 100 and put it at the end of the clip. Then I scroll to the second keyframe and suddenly, Premiere has switched me to the next clip in the timeline for some reason. This is so annoying. Even moreso when I'm using my mouse to move the scrubber around, sometimes it juts me all the way to the end of the timeline. I can't imagine a scenario where I would want this behavior.

427 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  42 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom coloured video and audio tracks

Colour labels for tracks. A feature I would find really useful in Premiere would be to assign a colour label to various tracks.

I'm a bit of an obsessive when it comes to keeping my sequences in order and since I do a lot of work with different media formats as well as working alongside lots of different industry creatives involving VFX, animation, live action, documentary and drama workflows it's crucial that I can manage all of that in the edit. So when it comes to organising all the layers of audio and video it would be really useful to…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: Premiere Pro 2019 "Unresponsive" During Imports

I stopped editing for several months and recently came back to it. What I noticed is that Pr seems to have some issues importing the same types of footage that it previous had no issues with: 4K/60 h.264 files that are 5-6GB in size. Previously, Pr would just import them in with no issue. Now, Pr seems to lock up during the import, and again when I try to put that footage on the timeline for the first time.

During this "lock up", one CPU core from my 7900X is pushed right to 100%. The rest of them are at…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Windows

When using Premiere Pro 13.1 on multiple monitors with Windows with 3 monitors attached, Mercury transmit will NOT allow Monitor 2 to be used for playback. When selecting Monitor two, Monitor 3 will automatically be selected andk keep monitor 1 selected also. This behaviour does NOT occur with 13.0.3. Selecting alternate render options does not fix the issue.

39 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. .Mogrt performance is super slow in 2020

Specific issues:
    Sluggish scrubbing, choppy playback, longer load time.

Our dev team was super excited to hear about the new upgrades, but have found performance is dramatically slowed down in the latest version.

Curious if there will be a patch to fix it, or if there are new development standards to make tools align with the new version? (New code optimization techniques etc.)

Also attached a clip comparing the speed of 2019 to 2020.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Auto keyframe should be OFF! By default it should be off!

The autokeyframe by default on things loke opacity has been a source of many a frustrations for me.

I set an opacity value. Then later I change it. Play it back and I wonder why it isn't set where I wanted. So I open it up an goddammit the autokeyframe was on by default so to get rid of it I push the stop watch and that warning is thrown right at my face. I never wanted the keyframes in the first place so why did you assume I would, adobe?!

This problem would not be nearly as aggravating if…

419 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring back multichannel H264

With the MOV H264 codec you use to be able to do multichannel exports with any number of mono tracks. Now that you got rid of that, there's no way to make lo quality proxies with multichannels. I mean you have the H264 in and MP4 but you can only export mono, stereo. or 5.1. Why can't you just let the user choose the audio configuration. I would like to have a full stereo mix and an M&E stereo mix on a proxy. The audio config options for the H264 MP4 codec are really limiting.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Focus on making Premiere Pro a stable software.

Premiere Pro becomes less and less stable to work with. 2019 has seen the worst versions so far. It's already a running joke with EVERY single filmmaker I meet.

It's buggy, lagging and keeps crashing and wasting the time I should spend working for my client rather than trying to fix all kinds of things with crazy work-around solutions other Adobe customers come up with.

I'm dreaming of the day Premiere Pro is as stable as Photoshop but I guess I will have switched to DaVinci Resolve before that happens.

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: Premiere Pro 2020 "Not Responding" During h.264 Imports

Problem: Importing a 5.5 - 6GB h.264 file (4K/59.94 FPS) causes Premiere to go "Not Responding". The import dialog box stays up, the status bar doesn't move, and both the dialog box and Premiere's title bar say "Not Responding". While this is happening, one core of my OC'd 7900X goes right to 100%. Another core is around 50-70%, and the rest are at or near idle.

This lasts for approximately 1 minute and 20 seconds per file imported, give or take. I can't do a single thing with Premiere while the import is happening; I have to just sit and…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adobe Lumetri CC

A Concept & Prototype for a professional Color Grading Application we wish to be added to the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, to complete the Audio & Video Package.
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/67706495/Adobe-Lumetri-CC-Prototype

303 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  66 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Warp stabilizer

Warp Stabilizer needs to be able to automatically adjust to different resolution footage inside of the same timeline. I waste an obscene amount of time manually nesting footage, going into that comp, resizing the nested sequence to match the clip, and then applying warp stabilizer, and then going back to my original timeline, and then scaling the nested sequence to this sequence size. Its a massive hassle and waste of time. Build a feature that allows it to do all of that automatically in the effect panel.

575 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What you’re suggesting would lead to a full on revision of the feature – therefore I’d like to ask a couple of additional questions:
    what kind of footage do you usually try to stabilize with the Warp Stabilizer? And how much tweaking of the settings do you do on average?

Thanks
    Patrick

13. 'Paste onto same track' shortcut

Put the interview on V1, b-roll on V2, titles on V3 - track organisation finished! Not with PPro. You have to turn tracks on and off every time you paste something.

At least give us a 'paste onto same track it was copied from' shortcut.

Alternatively, when no track is selected make it the same as when all tracks are selected except that clips paste onto the same track they were copied from. Currently no-tracks-selected mode is useless (you can't even add edits with the keyboard) so you wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone.

203 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  28 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix VFR Performance

There are are numerous threads on the Adobe Forums concerning VFR performance issues in 13.1.4. These users are seeing a large detriment when editing VFR compared to steady frame rate footage. Please fix this performance issue or post official documentation describing the issue and offering troubleshooting steps such as transcoding with open source software including Handbrake. Threads:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/11229628#11229628
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11226112#11226112
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11225930#11225930
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11217231#11217231
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11213814#11213814
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2628833
    https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/35095813-please-improve-variable-framerate-support
    https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/cvb9v5/video_footage_is_buffering_and_glitching_in/ey35gss/

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Put crop in the Effect Controls please

Would love the ability to crop an image without having to mask, or search and add Crop from the Effects panel. This sounds silly and lazy, but it’s something I’m doing over and over in sizzle editing, where I have to make all graphics, animations and mock ups for advertising, for example.

Please consider adding Crop into Effect Controls.

A 4-point polygon mask makes a small box and you have to drag the points. (holding shift, and getting it just right visually) I want Crop embedded because I want to adjust the edges with numbers, quickly.

Also, a request for…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.0.2 search / find / bin filter issues

SEARCH/FIND/BIN NOT WORKING!

After the update to Premiere Pro CC 13.0.2 (on a Macbook Pro running OS 10.13.6) I started having issues with the project panel bin filter search not showing clips that I knew were in the project - I'd search for a word in the name of a clip and no clips would show up. I tried using the Cmd-F tool instead, and Premiere would either find nothing or stall out and rainbow wheel. Creating a search bin also failed to work properly - I'd create one to search for a word that was in the name or…

61 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  24 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mouse Disappearing

My mouse disappears at random while working on projects.

92 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Premere 14.0 BUG: Distorted Videos during playback

I'm having this strange problem with the newest release of premiere pro.
    Im usiging a 2080ti and AMD Ryzen 1800x with 32Gb ram.

You can see that one image is distorted this happens only in playback but is pretty annoying since i can't edit with accurate results. Please Fix this

You can clearly see the bad shadow in "Hello4" photo

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please Enable Placeholders In Mogrts

A wonderful feature to have when it comes to Mogrts, Motion Graphics Templates, is the ability to add placeholders created in After Effects that can be replaced by images and videos in Premiere Pro, while maintaining all their animation properties including motion in 3D space. Right now we are limited to text and graphics, but no way to enjoy placeholders and dropping your own footage or images inside.

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Premiere Pro does not fully kill its process when closing on Windows

On the latest Windows 10 OS and Premiere version, when closing the premiere application, it does not kill the premiere process. The window will close but the process is still active and taking a large chunk of memory (viewable in Task Manager). To fully kill the premiere, you have to end the process via task manager. A new premiere window cannot be opened unless it is killed fully via task manager.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base