Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New shortcuts to choose where to PASTE 'on the fly'! (highest, lowest or same video track)

Timeline pasting is a daily, 'everybody-uses-it' editing function. So why has it still not been improved?

Vastly improving pasting is simple: Give users the ability to choose 'on the fly' where they want their media pasted or insert-pasted:
    1. on the lowest enabled track (current behavior)
    2. on the highest enabled track
    3. on the same track in was copied from

By providing new shortcut options, EVERYONE would be happy:
    1. Users who like the current way pasting works wouldn't notice any difference.
    2. Users who want media pasted to the highest enabled track where there's always the most free…

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. exporting option into a word doc for transcriptions

I wanted to export my transcript in an editable form such as notepad or word doc. Am I missing how to do this? I don't know how to open a .prtranscript file and can't find anything on it. I want to be able to take the script out of premiere and make changes.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. sony fx series cameras lens stabilisation metadata

Could you please add support to warp stabilizer to be able to read and use sonys lens stabilisation metadata that is recorded in its video file for stabilisation.
    Current work flow is stabilise then render file out in catalyst browse then edit in premiere.
    Also have the stabilisation metadata as saveable/extractable that could be taken from the cameras internally recorded files and then applied to matched files recorded on external raw recorders etc.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. adaptive caption background

Please reinstate adaptive caption background length. The change to a static background length, determined by the longest line, has suddenly made any videos we produce with Premiere Pro inconsistent with all of our previous work. Like, overnight Adobe has forced our brand look to change. Please revert or give the user a choice.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take clip name (all takes on timeline) and timecode info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
    But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look at text in Word or similar.

If the exported text…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Glyph font appears in Caption search and edit windows [Bug]

In PR 15 with the new Caption workflow, the Glyph character set is displayed instead of English language characters. In the attached screenshot you can see:
    - Caption search screen displays Glyphs (WingDings?) font set
    - Caption block displays correctly in English.
    - Caption block displays incorrectly in Glyphs when selected to edit.

Text characters display correctly in the timeline and in the preview panel. Uninstalling and a fresh install of PR 15 upgrade did not resolve the issue.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I want the automatic transcription function to be essential graphics text.

The new caption feature is great! Thank you for developing!
    But we have more requests.
    Currently, the recorded voice is made into a text as a "caption".
    We want you to make it as "essential graphics text", not as "caption".

Because ...
    Captions cannot be styled on a clip-by-clip basis.
    Captions cannot be animated using keyframes.

Captions can't do what you can do with such essential graphics text.
    We want it to be more flexible.

【自動文字起こし機能をエッセンシャルグラフィックステキストにしてほしい】

新しいキャプション機能は素晴らしい!開発してくれてありがとう!
    しかし、私たちはもっとお願いがある。
    現在はレコーディングした音声が「キャプション」としてテキストが作られている。
    私たちは「キャプション」ではなく、「エッセンシャッルグラフィックステキスト」として作ってほしい。

なぜなら・・・
    キャプションは、クリップごとにスタイルが適用できない。
    キャプションは、キーフレームを使ったアニメーションができない。

このようなエッセンシャルグラフィックステキストならできる演出が、キャプションではできない。
    私たちはもっと自由度の高いものにしてほしい。

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug Premiere Pro 2020 crash when changing sequence settings

In the latest version I'm able to crash Premiere every time I make changes to a sequences setting - e.g. put in a new frame rate, change field order etc.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve Snapping in Effect Controls Window! (so it doesn't jump to next clip, etc.)

There are 2 ways the Effect Controls Window workflow could be greatly improved, simply by improving Snapping:

1. When moving the playhead to the end of a clip in the ECW, dragging a keyframe to the end, or jumping to the end with the 'Go to next edit point' shortcut, the playhead and/or keyframe should automatically snap to the beginning of the last frame rather than to the end of it. This way, the clip loaded in the ECW remains visible in the Program Monitor, rather than the ECW and Program Monitor jumping to the next clip!

2. When turning off 'Pin…

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A button to help with broadcasting directly from the editing suite

There are cases in news broadcasting where you can not make it in time for your news piece to air and you have to broadcast live from your timeline via SDI for example. In this case it would be helpful to have an option or a button to help make Premiere ready for that so when you know you are going to broadcast live from your Premiere timeline you can just press that button and it automatically suppresses every action that could interfere with your broadcast, for example auto-saving. This would help with the pressure of situations like this and…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. bug premiere pro 2020

bug report on premiere pro 2020: playback stop while playing on timeline and then display message: "A low-level excerption occurred in: Adobe Player (Player:11)" - then Premiere crash, and i have to force quit from force quit application. i'm working on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports), 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7,

344 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

244 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

We do monitor User Voice; we share your disappointment that we don’t have a reproducible case, for this issue.

If you can reliably reproduce the ‘low level exception’ problem, on your system, please contact Support and provide them with any files and source media required for that repro case, as well as (important!) step-by-step instructions on how you can reproduce the issue.

We’re eager to pursue the issue further.

12. Finish the Essential Sound panel - let us add our own sound fx libraries

We can add images, templates but why not sounds - Adobe ONLY pushing for sale its own libraries feels to be a desperate sales ploy. Just like Mogrts/templates etc We all want to buy sometimes and sometimes we want to use our own.
    Thank you. You started the job making EDIT the default now please complete it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug - Premiere Pro 15.0 using 100% CPU usage to load thumbnails and causing instability

Premiere Pro is hanging my system - 100% CPU usage when generating thumbnails in bin. Eventually it will go back down to normal usage, but if I try to do other things while this is populating it may cause my computer to BSOD. Last BSOD (this morning) was KERNELSECURITYCHECK_FAILURE
    I should note that my system has 0 stability issues doing anything else except when using Premiere Pro.
    This just started after the last update to Premiere Pro (15.0)-
    This does not happen with 14.9
    I am able to recreate the hanging and or crash by opening a folder…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Would be very handy if "Split Segment" would just split your caption at cursor position instead of creating two duplicates.

1. User places the text cursor at the desired split point of a long caption segment.

2. User presses Split Segment button.

3. Premiere splits the segment into two segments, with the break point being where the cursor was positioned at the time they clicked the split segment button.

Thanks!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reinstate DV capture to Premiere Pro!

Catalina (Mac OS) has nullified the DV capture setting for Premiere Pro. Editors need this feature desperately. Please bring it back. I have lots of old tapes I need to capture. Am I supposed use iMovie?We pay for these features. Please add them back.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2021 Captions in Nests need to be able to exported as SideCar or Embed via Master Sequence(s)

2020 Premiere allowed for captions to be placed in nests and would then show up in a master sequence and exported as embeded closed captioning or side cars. With the latest 2021 update, this is no longer possible and allows for burned in captions only. This is detrimental for workflow. Please allow nested closed captioning to be exported as embedded or side cars in a master sequence.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug: Importing Captions at v15.1+

When I select “Import captions from file” at version 15.1 and 15.2, the captions are “broken”, as seen on the prints.

The number of captions gets reduced from a total of 231 (15.0) to only 96 (15.2), where they are combined somehow in a strange order.

I had to rollback to 15.0 to be able to work properly with captions.

Thought it would be fixed by 15.2, but apparently it wasn't.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Premiere compatible with at least ONE older Version.

I like to have my Premiere Version compatible with at least ONE older Version. Right now it is not. Also it should connect to older AE via Dynamic Link.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. SPLIT VIEW in Project window... like in Media Browser and Premiere 6.5 (2002)

Premiere Pro's Media Browser has a Double-Column/Split view which is extremely useful. So why can't the Project window also have an option to toggle on/off Split view?

As implied by the name, Split view would split the Project window into 2 columns. In the left column, you'd have an always-visible List view of bins and sub bins. In the right column, you’d see a bin’s contents in either List or Icon view. Each column would be independently scrollable, just like in the Media Browser.

There are several benefits to this approach.

BENEFITS (see attached picture for reference):
    -Lower bins don’t…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug v14.6 -- Crash when new track created

Fix issue where Premiere crashes every time I create a new track by dragging a clip to a new track. I've had this issue since 14.6 update. Every single time.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base