Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show sample color in Label menu

I always set label color to separate clips in timeline. But I never remember the color name. I have to try every single item in the Label menu until I found the color that I want. If there are sample colors in the menu will make it a lot faster.

54 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. what is the official standpoint on multithreading / multicore?

i just had contact with support regarding super slow rendering times – they referred me here.
    i convert an h264 to a cropped png sequence, no effects applied (except the cropping).
    if i do this in premiere or ae, it takes at least 2 hours and only utilises a fraction of my cpu. if i do the very same operation via ffmpeg (cli), it's done in less then 7 minutes. attached you'll find screenshots of the two procedures, note the render times (as said, same task, same machine, same result).

is this expected behaviour (because cc simply does not work…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please fix flickering play-head resulting in inactive timeline

Still getting this flickering playhead issue. My interface basically become inactive when this happens. I've done everything: Update graphics card, updated Adobe Premiere and reworked my cache and ram. I've configured the graphics on the computer for Premiere and udated the C++ preview files. There is really no workaround for this? (Video of what is happening attached)

Work Computer:

Windows 10.0.18362

Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core

16 GB Ram

AMD Radeon RX 580

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audio waveforms randomly disappearing!

Horrible bug with audio waveforms seemingly randomly disappearing. Seems impossible to get them back, even when rebuilding peak files. Especially annoying on long sequenzes.

Makes audio editing nearly impossible. Please help soon!

39 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?

510 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

6. BUG - Exporting a team project fails if it has markers

I had a team project that I needed to deliver but the export kept failing. It would just get stuck at 0 percent rendered. After exporting it several times in small chunks, I noticed it only failed when I included a section that had a marker. When I removed the markers, it exported fine! I have not tested this on a regular project yet.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keyboard shortcuts does not work with Premiere Pro Windows when IME is activated

===========================

|| Symptom

All keyboard shortcuts, including fundamental shortcuts like “J / K / L”, SpaceBar, and so on, does NOT work with Premiere Windows if IME (input method editor) is activated on Windows.

===========================

|| Why this bug is severe

For people in Japan / China / Korea, IME is used to input Japanese / Chinese / Korean texts on Windows, and it’s quite natural for Premiere uses in such countries to activate IME because of searching media files in Media Browser, creating Japanese text by Type Tool in Essential Graphics, etc.
    As you know, the keyboard shortcuts is…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Latest 2020 Update results choppy playback

Since I updated the latest version, playback has been very choppy even for a 1080p footage and timeline. I'm using a 8 core i9 9900k CPU with 64GB RAM.

I have never faced this issues even with 4k footages for a 2 hours feature film timeline editing. It's very frustrating that Adobe did not provide 'Save As' to previous versions to at least be able to open the projects and 2019 or other previous versions.

In addition, the Lumetri Colour panels are also showing errors 'AEFilter:14' very frequently. I have never run to such issues. I am not experiencing this…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG[2020]: Lumetri Scopes panel empty / blank ...

BUG[2020]: Lumetri Scopes panel empty / blank ...

https://gyazo.com/c7cbb49ac17ee1b75dfb593395b290ef

Nothing showing when selecting clips.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Premiere Connecting to the Wrong Media

The problem we're running into was brought up by someone else in the forums back in 2017:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Why-is-Premiere-linking-the-wrong-clip/m-p/10646862#M229918

In our environment, we edit off of our server, and have done so for a long time now, without issue. All systems used to be Macs, but we've started introducing some PC systems into the mix, and now we're starting to run into complications.

This particular complication is around Premiere relinking to the incorrect media when switching between system OS.

1) Create a project in OS A (could be Mac or Windows), and then edit something.
    2) Replace an asset in the…

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. DV capture setting gone [BUG]

For the capture settings, I only have an option to capture HDV and not DV. This only occurred after I updated my macbook pro to Catalina. Please fix this issue

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Focus on making Premiere Pro a stable software.

Premiere Pro becomes less and less stable to work with. 2019 has seen the worst versions so far. It's already a running joke with EVERY single filmmaker I meet.

It's buggy, lagging and keeps crashing and wasting the time I should spend working for my client rather than trying to fix all kinds of things with crazy work-around solutions other Adobe customers come up with.

I'm dreaming of the day Premiere Pro is as stable as Photoshop but I guess I will have switched to DaVinci Resolve before that happens.

56 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add extra options to Default Media Scaling Preferences

Hi team,

I'm constantly receiving footage that is in various full frame formats and continually having to scale out the pillar/letterboxes as needed. It would be great to add an additional preference pane underneath the default media scaling to choose something like full media or full bleed. Default to full media like everyone's used to, but then also, if you have a 2048x1080 or 4096x2160 frame allow premiere to fill the entire frame if requested? I know it's super menial, but it would save a lot of time when working with tons of full frame footage, yet delivering in a…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support for ProRes RAW

Support for Apple's newest codec, ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ

1,373 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

374 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

as mentioned by several people in the thread, a lot is going on in the world right now. There is a change to our plans, here’s the current status:

If you’re in the middle of a project using ProRes RAW and access to a beta build sounds desirable, please reply to this email (those who are not receiving an email but read this online: just find me on LinkedIn instead: https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrick-j-palmer-b9230a1/ ).

We currently have a private beta build available. If you know the drill using such a build under NDA, don’t hesitate to contact me. If you’re not sure but the need is obvious, contact me anyways and I’ll give you a shout to discuss options with you.

If you’re mostly curious, I suggest to wait a couple more weeks:

We’re currently working on a system that enables public beta builds for a wider audience without…

15. Let me edit during auto save

I constantly save my project. My project takes about 1 min to completely save. can you make it so that the save is a background task and I can continue editing without being stopped by saving.
    FCPX and Avid both have this feature.

444 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Custom coloured video and audio tracks

Colour labels for tracks. A feature I would find really useful in Premiere would be to assign a colour label to various tracks.

I'm a bit of an obsessive when it comes to keeping my sequences in order and since I do a lot of work with different media formats as well as working alongside lots of different industry creatives involving VFX, animation, live action, documentary and drama workflows it's crucial that I can manage all of that in the edit. So when it comes to organising all the layers of audio and video it would be really useful to…

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 14.0.1 - problem MOGRT - importMGTFromLibrary(), text doesn't refresh

Since version 14.0.1 of Premiere Pro I have a problem with MOGRT (Essential Graphics).

I use a script to import the MOGRT: function importMGTFromLibrary () and modify the content of the parameters.

Since the last version, the script still works, it imports and changes the parameters (texts, colors), but the Premiere Pro preview brings up the default parameters of the MOGRT.
    The only way to bring up the right parameters is to go to the Edit tab of the Essential Graphics window and touch up the parameters.

Opening old files created with this script poses the same problem ....

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Extend Selected Edit to Playhead" now automatically put you into trim mode

As of 2020 update, when you do an extend edit to playhead, which I use and have used often, it automatically kicks you into trim mode. This causes me to now have to exit trim mode to get back to editing, each time causing me extra clicks and annoyance. If you added this as a feature, please give us a way to turn it off so I can simply extend edit to playhead again! This happened as of 2020 update.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Put crop in the Effect Controls please

Would love the ability to crop an image without having to mask, or search and add Crop from the Effects panel. This sounds silly and lazy, but it’s something I’m doing over and over in sizzle editing, where I have to make all graphics, animations and mock ups for advertising, for example.

Please consider adding Crop into Effect Controls.

A 4-point polygon mask makes a small box and you have to drag the points. (holding shift, and getting it just right visually) I want Crop embedded because I want to adjust the edges with numbers, quickly.

Also, a request for…

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. .Mogrt performance is super slow in 2020

Specific issues:
    Sluggish scrubbing, choppy playback, longer load time.

Our dev team was super excited to hear about the new upgrades, but have found performance is dramatically slowed down in the latest version.

Curious if there will be a patch to fix it, or if there are new development standards to make tools align with the new version? (New code optimization techniques etc.)

Also attached a clip comparing the speed of 2019 to 2020.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base