Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyboard shortcut for Effects & Presets PLEEEEEASE!!! : )

Hello. I'd like to see a master key to assign effects OR a way to map effects and presets to the keyboard using the Keyboard Shortcut tool.

I've submitted this request before having come from Final Cut Pro and it was a huuuuuge time saver for me in the editing process as I used this feature on FCP multiple multiple times on every single edit I did, every day, and I can't imagine others would not have the same reason for using it as me and I likely very frustrated at how long it takes to apply the Warp Stabiliser…

428 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

31 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Background rendering

Background rendering like Final Cut Pro would be nice. If you do nothing for a few seconds, it would be good if premiere calculates effects in the background automatically. It saves a lot of rendertime in the end.

432 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don´t upgrade applications once a year - Same chaos every year

I think that the full upgrades are released to often. One .0-verison each year is too often and has proved to be a very problematic procedure each year. Pr CC 2018 was problematic when it was released fall 2017 but today it has received several patches and works fine today.

Approx three months after the last update to Pr CC 2018 it is time for the brand new full release of Pr CC 2019 and we are back to square one once again with crashes, sometimes it won´t even launch, new bugs, etc.

We don´t need a full version each…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Time remapping faster than 1000%

It'd be nice to ramp faster than 1000%

299 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 keeps crashing. Please fix it. I keep losing the work i have just done and its taking me ages to complete a project

Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 keeps crashing. Please fix it. I keep losing the work i have just done and its taking me ages to complete a project

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PrePro: SAVE DOWN to older versions

We should be able to save down to the last version of the software and here's why.

• RISK: installing and working only from the latest version of adobe software is very risky with all the hidden bugs that happen every major update.

• FILE SHARING: not everyone takes said risk and works to the latest update.

• FILE RECOVERY: like the situation I'm in now, I worked 20 hours on a project that only now will crash every time it's opened. I have a minute which would be long enough to save a file but is not workable.

•…

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the Essential Graphics interface options flexible & robust

make the Essential Graphics browser flexible: sorting, icon or text, import .mogrt folders, mort folder organizing on the desktop will appea

214 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

121 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  bronwynlewis responded

Thanks for your input on how to improve the browser and the details on how you are organizing your Motion Graphics templates.

8. Making better use of the Hardware, GPU for Playback and Debayering and using mutiple cores.

- Use the Power of GPU for better Playback Performance
    - In General I noticed a much greater Performance with FCPX and Resolve. I would LOVE to see the Performance in Premiere.
    - iMac Pro Hardware support aswell as MacBooks and all common used editing machines.
    Note: I cant get full Resolution 4K Playback with an iMac Pro (in ProRes or C200 RAW as well as some 4K h.265 from a consumer camera files)

336 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As Wes noted, we are looking at many areas for optimization and have made strides in the last few releases already.

We recognize there are still many areas to improve performance and we are investing in appropriate areas.

Threads that are catch-alls are often non-actionable. Please keep giving us specific feedback on what workflows are slow for you.

Technical solutions may not always be as obvious as some people may be suggesting as the application architecture is often very different than people’s conception.

Short answer. Yes, we want to and will make it faster.

9. Bug-Premiere Pro 13.1 Having an issue playing .mp4 files that played fine in 13.03

Bug-Premiere Pro 13.1 Having an issue playing .mp4 files that played fine in 13.03

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. dynamic link folders and naming schemes

In certain circumstances projects require massive amounts of dynamically linked compositions. For example I am currently working on a serious of talking heads in front of a green screen for a social media campaign with 100+ short clips.

When sending the clips over for keying and animation I have to manually rename all of them to identify which of the named sequences they are from and manually sort them into bins inside of After Effects. This workflow could be much improved:

1) Add a comp naming dialog when selecting "Replace with After Effects Composition." At the very least options for…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix workspace bugs

I can't use Workspaces right now as they don't seem to remember which monitor is being used for which window set in place for the workspace. I'll save a workspace with my main window and timeline on monitor 1 and when I reload the project the next day, the window has shifted to monitor 2 with the other windows on top of it. I also often get a blank window when loading a previously saved workspace. The saved workspace now seems completely useless and I have to start from scratch with creating my workspace. Workspaces are unusable for me right…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. bug: transmit monitor choice not sticking

Bug: Mercury Transmit Out will not "stick" to chosen monitor.

This also affects AfterEffects ... though it's behavior is somewhat different, as it will ONLY stick with BOTH my 2 and 3 monitors showing transmit!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please Enable Placeholders In Mogrts

A wonderful feature to have when it comes to Mogrts, Motion Graphics Templates, is the ability to add placeholders created in After Effects that can be replaced by images and videos in Premiere Pro, while maintaining all their animation properties including motion in 3D space. Right now we are limited to text and graphics, but no way to enjoy placeholders and dropping your own footage or images inside.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. CRASH!!! Stop sending out buggy software. 13.01 (build 13) crashes

13.01 (build 13) crashes constantly. It closes and goes right to desktop. No error log!

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug: timecode is not accurate upon import

The way that Premiere reads timecode seems to have been broken in 13.0.0 and 13.0.1.

I have DNxHR LB clips in the MXF OP1a container that were created in DaVinci Resolve Studio 15.0.

When I import these clips into Premiere Pro 13.0.0 or 13.0.1, the timecode is being read wrong--arbitrarily about 1.5 minutes off.

The workaround I have is to go into the "Modify" menu and manually change the starting timecode of the clip back to the correct starting timecode.

This seems to be a bug that was introduced in 13.0.0 and still hasn't been fixed in 13.0.1.

I have…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please DO NOT eliminate the Legacy Title creator in future updates.

Adobe tends to update with only the highly skilled pro in mind. But there are many advanced amateurs like me who DO NOT want to lose Legacy Title creator.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Greetings, I am a member of the Adobe DVA development team and a moderator on User Voice. We are investigating remaining gaps between Legacy Titler and Graphics tools. Specifically:

Do you use a lot of Bins with Legacy Title (LT) items in the project panel as a significant part of your workflow?

If so, would you be willing to spend some time showing us your workflows and helping us understand how we might meet your needs using Pr Graphics instead of Legacy Titles?

If you answered YES to both of those questions please reply to this thread post. Thanks in advance.

-James Strawn

17. Export timeline but as individual clips

It would be great to export a full timeline from Premier but instead of one video, each video clip on the timeline is exported individually. This is an option in DaVinci Resolve and I've found it to be really useful. Having to do it manually can definitely be a pain.

162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. captions

Open captions have been extremely buggy in all of the most recent Premiere Pro updates for some time now. There NEEDS to be a fix to open captions not exporting consistently. In the past, I've had to nest my captions, pre-render in-to-out, and then export in Premiere, rather than Media Encoder, and it MAYBE works. This is unacceptable in the day and age when Facebook video is king, and captions are becoming a necessity for effective marketing. Premiere is making it consistently difficult to do my job efficiently and on-time.

233 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mouse Disappearing

My mouse disappears at random while working on projects.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. P. Pro not using correct graphics card

Myself and others have found that P. Pro is not using the correct graphics card when exporting. I understand that not all export material is exported using the graphics card, and that exporting is a highly CPU entistive process, but we have found that the program will use the integrated graphics. Even the P. Pro GPUSniffer lists the dedicated graphics card first in the command prompt, but the integrated graphics is still used. More information and troubleshooting steps that have been talked can be found in the following forum/link.
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10369694#10369694

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base