Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audio cross dissolve playback glitching.

Since the most recent update, I get glitching in audio playback. It happens when the playhead crosses almost any audio crossdissolve. It does not seem to effect exported video but only during playback. It makes accurate editing difficult, though.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers. Sometimes it even goes back to the first frame.

If this also happens to you please tell your story in Adobe Community Forums : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/cc-2020-timeline-clips-shifts-after-moving-project-relocating-relinking/m-p/10923880

Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
    Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
    Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with…

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. label view gone since Pr 14.6

I use label view in the Project Window since always.
    Now the labels are gone.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Read LTC/AUX TC from audio track

Our camera crews are working more and more with recording TC embedded onto the audio track because there is no “TC in” on some cameras. You need this TC, for example, to be able to group clips in multicamera productions. At the moment Premiere Pro is not able to read this TC. DaVinci Resolve and Avid both have this feature and it is desperately needed to optimize basic multicamera production workflows. I have found a few requests on here but had the need to open another one and reference those in mine. We have the feeling that many users of…

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug in Premiere Pro - version 14.5.0

I updated to the latest version today, Oct. 21, 2020 - - whenever I am working in a project in Premiere, and then close the project to open another project, ALL keyboard shortcuts stop working. I have to completely quit Premiere, and reset preferences (hold "Option/ALT" upon launching) for the shortcuts to be restored.

And then if I hop to another project, again, the shortcuts stop working.

I have zero custom keyboard shortcuts; all of the shortcuts that cease to work are the ones native to Premiere.

Premiere Version: 14.5.0

Working on an iMac Pro 2017
    macOS Catalina - 10.15.7

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sounds scary; we’re not yet able to reproduce that behavior, here.

Confirming: In Preferences —> General —> Most Recent, is yours set to show the Home screen (the default behavior), or have you changed the pref to “open most recent”?

6. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

568 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

157 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG [V14.6]: Adding video tracks on timeline is impossible on older projects

OLDER PROJECTS: On timeline, if I try to add video track (right click menu), or dragging clip to create new video track > CRASH. Latest version 14.6 on windows 10.

NEW projects work normally, so it's ALL older projects created with previous premiere versions.

Nice work updating, again... changing back to previous version.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Scaling Aspect Ratio Bug

Latest upgrade is causing my 4K 4096x2160 25p when placed on a 1440x1080 25fps timeline (keep existing settings) and reduced to 50% scale to squeeze to 4:3 aspect. However, if I scale to 51% it holds it's 16:9 aspect.

NB: The 1440x1080 frame holds it's 16:9 aspect, it is only the clip which squeezes to 4:3 losing it's uniformity. This is not just a playback issue it carries over to export leaving black bars on either side of the vision.

Current and least ridiculous workaround - 'Scale to Frame Size' and increase clip size to around 107% to avoid letterboxing. …

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Label colors

In version 14.6, the label colors in the project window are missing. The color of the labels is very important to see the type of clips and media in the workflow of editing.
    Does anybody kkwon how to fix?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keyboard shortcuts don't work in secondary window

I just updated Premiere to v14.5. Two days ago, I was able to use the J, K, L and Spacebar keys to control playback in the source monitor. They now only work in the program monitor.

EDIT: I am now realizing that the shuttle controls do work when the panel is in the main window. I normally have the source monitor, among other panels, in a second monitor and a secondary window. If a panel is active in a secondary window, the program doesn't respond to ANY keyboard shortcuts.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have Desktop and Documents as favorites in Media Browser by default

When I do training, a lot for people save their media on the Desktop or in Documents. I often spend several minutes teaching people how to add Desktop or Documents folders as favorites.

It's very confusing to people that the Media Browser does not show folders the way that macOS or Windows do. The file browsers in both OS-es show shortcuts to Downloads, Documents and Desktop.

Why can't these favorites be there by default?

You know you can do it! The Rush team got it right, so do what they did.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove the "analyzing" overlay on exports

Remove the "analyzing" overlay on exports

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ☠️Fatal Premiere 14.6.0 Crash when dragging clips up into a new-video-layer in timeline.

I've had several fatal crashes (on 3 different Premiere projects) -- since updating to the latest 14.6.0 -- It happens every time I drag a clip into a new video layer in the timeline -- only when I'm CREATING a NEW video layer while moving it up.

🙏🏻Please fix this glitch!!!

PS, I'm running MacOs 11.0.1 Big Sur

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug: marker times

First of all, I do not have an idea, i have a bug ;)

I try to markers.createMarker(secondsFloatWithFraction), and there are problems with some frames (@25fps).
    For example: I manually set a marker (via the markers-menu) @08:09 (which is the 209th frame @8.36 seconds).
    Then I detect that marker (markers.getFirstMarker()), and it shows 08:09 and 8.36s (which is correct).
    Then I delete that marker and create a new one markers.createMarker(8.36).
    This new marker in the timeline now shows @08:09, but in the markers-panel in the markers list, it shows 08:08.
    In ExtendScript this marker shows 8.35999999999606s in start.seconds/end.seconds. The…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Track audio effects not working anymore (since last update?)

Since today I have a problem with audio effects in Premiere Pro. I installed an update yesterday, so maybe it has to do with it.

When I add audio effects to tracks (via the audio track mixer), for example the "Dynamics" effects, it does not work anymore after it has been saved on another PC and re-opened on my PC.

"Does not work" means that these effects do nothing. They are not disabled and all the settings are still there. But they do not change audio and there is also no "animation" in the volume meter or the effect impact…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug Premiere Pro 2020 crash when changing sequence settings

In the latest version I'm able to crash Premiere every time I make changes to a sequences setting - e.g. put in a new frame rate, change field order etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In Lumetri color, just clicking on a CURVE should not move it. It should only move when the user moves the cursor.

For the Lumetri Color effect’s CURVES controls, clicking on the line to create a point will also instantly move the line. (Unless your click is pixel-perfect.) This is very annoying in situations where you want to keep most of the line straight, such as with hue vs hue.

Please make it so that when a point is first created or clicked on, the point and line do not move until the user moves the cursor (while holding down left click of course).

P.S: Some other effects or controls also have this same issue, like the curves control in the Master…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How about focusing on making this the most rock solid editing platform

Stop finding new gimmicks that hardly anyone uses, yes they are a bit of fun but before you make those, focus on making Premiere the most rock solid editing platform the world has ever seen. Please do this before everyone including myself, start to migrate to resolve. I really don't want to learn another editing package but I need stability in my life. I'm giving it another 12 months.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG: Labels column disappeared in version 14.6

BUG: Labels are not working on premiere anymore after upgrading to 14.6.

I confirmed in "metadata display" that I have checked labels, but they are nowhere to be seen. I have tried multiple workspaces and reset them, but still labels don't work.

Please fix this.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adding tracks crashes PP when control surface is added

As a Loupedeck user, I want to add tracks to timeline without causing Premiere to crash.

Steps to reproduce:
    Open Premiere Pro 14.6 or 14.7 on Win or Mac (bug is not reproduced with older versions)
    Add Loupedeck as control surface
    Add a track (audio, submix or video) in the timeline sequence

Expected result:
    The track is added, Premiere Pro application is running

Actual result:
    The track is not added, Premiere Pro application hangs up

Note:
    The behavior is the same when adding tracks with mouse through the UI of Premiere (with LD added as control surface)
    Adding tracks works…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base