Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. enable custom frame rate on export in premiere pro 2020

Please enable 'custom' frame rate option on export settings,
    so that users who are editing for example source footage
    coming from 8mm or 16mm based on frame rates like 16fps or 18fps,
    can export them to such frame rates or other.
    you can check the thread here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/export-18fps-sequence/td-p/10486209?page=1

19 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In Lumetri color, just clicking on a CURVE should not move it. It should only move when the user moves the cursor.

For the Lumetri Color effect’s CURVES controls, clicking on the line to create a point will also instantly move the line. (Unless your click is pixel-perfect.) This is very annoying in situations where you want to keep most of the line straight, such as with hue vs hue.

Please make it so that when a point is first created or clicked on, the point and line do not move until the user moves the cursor (while holding down left click of course).

P.S: Some other effects or controls also have this same issue, like the curves control in the Master…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Everything wrong with Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2. Let get captioning fixed asap!

Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2 have several problems.

(
    Windows10. May be different on Mac.). Here is a thread of all of the problems I've found in captions so far. While there are several threads already that point out individual issues, I'm hoping that bringing all of the issues together in a single mega thread will help get captions Adobe's prompt attention. Here we go!

1. NO BURN IN: Exporting a video through Media Encoder doesn't burn in captions even if the "Burn Captions Into Video" option is selected in Premiere Pro's Export Settings. The captions only get burned in if…

217 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the feedback. We have made sure to have created items in our database for all actionable items. We are hoping you will be pleased by some of the changes we have made in future releases. Please continue to engage with us.

Note that in the future, while this list is awesome, it is much easier for us to change status on completed items if they are single entry.

We may close this one eventually but will keep the other individually tracked items open with status

4. Scaling Aspect Ratio Bug

Latest upgrade is causing my 4K 4096x2160 25p when placed on a 1440x1080 25fps timeline (keep existing settings) and reduced to 50% scale to squeeze to 4:3 aspect. However, if I scale to 51% it holds it's 16:9 aspect.

NB: The 1440x1080 frame holds it's 16:9 aspect, it is only the clip which squeezes to 4:3 losing it's uniformity. This is not just a playback issue it carries over to export leaving black bars on either side of the vision.

Current and least ridiculous workaround - 'Scale to Frame Size' and increase clip size to around 107% to avoid letterboxing. …

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change the icon colors back

Change the icon colors back to what they were before. The new colors are confusing and make my desktop toolbar on PC and MAC look boring. For a company that makes software specifically for creatives, this is the worst, non-creative, and most frustrating design choice they could have made.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Crashing When Launching Premiere and After Effects - "Loading AEXD.aex"

After updating my Adobe CC software Premiere and After Effects have both been crashing when launching the applications. They freeze on "Loading AEXD.aex". Once the app freezes it become nearly impossible to kill it in Task Manager without restarting the computer. Also, when the app is frozen, file explorer becomes sluggish or completely unresponsive.

I've been using this PC for almost a year now and I have not had any issues until the latest release of Adobe Software. I've used the CC cleaner tool and that didn't solve the issue. I've tried installing previous versions of AE and Premiere and…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copy/Paste effects from Audio Track Mixer tracks

Hi! I have 280 sequences that all need to have added two effects from the Audio Track Mixer-panel, but the effects there are not possible to copy and paste from one sequence to one or multiples, so I now need to create 1 sequence with correct Audio Track Mixer effects, then duplicate it 279 times, then rename all new 280 comps and then paste every one of the original 280 sequences into the new one in order to have an easy Single Band Compressor on Audio Track 2, and Hard Limiter on Master track.

A simple right-click in the option…

159 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. AUDIO PANEL stop default buy from Adobe and to add our own sound fx libraries

1. When you open the panel - it Defaults to BUY from Adobe. It should be EDIT.

2. Allow us to add our our own audio effects from our own libraries we have accumulated.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Glitch where audio clips are substituted for another file of the same name from a different folder

I'm making a series of videos where the individual files have similar names but are in different folders by episode. Sometimes audio files of the same name will randomly get swapped for each other despite being in different folders.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Speedramp in Premiere Pro 2020 is a mess

Speedramping in Premiere cc 2020 let my eyes bleed like ****.
    No smooth, but cruel lagging while playbacking the speedramped clip.
    The rendered file however is fine.

Fix that as soon as possible, before I went out of blood.
    Thanks

65 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix Selection Inconsistencies! (in Timeline, ECP, EGP, etc...)

The universal convention for selecting items works as follows (in MS Windows’ Explorer and all convention-respecting software, including most Adobe programs):

Ctrl-select = selects or deselects individual items, one by one.
    Shift-select = selects the range of items between a selected item and the Shift-selected one
    Ctrl-A = selects all items

Unfortunately, Premiere Pro has major consistency issues when it comes to how items are selected. This results in user frustration/confusion and a much less than ideal workflow. Here are the issues and proposed solutions (see chart):

PROJECT WINDOW: Shift & Ctrl-selecting/deselecting works as expected in all views: Icon, List…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,537 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

558 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback. It’s pretty clear that we’ve got to look into the workflow using this format more closely, there are enough reports about gaps at this point to reopen this item. I’ll post more info about next steps shortly. In the meantime, a couple of questions are easy to answer:

- The plugin is designed for Premiere Pro. It currently doesn’t provide support for After Effects.
    - It does work with AME, so if you want to use it for batch processing, that’s very doable
    - If you’ve started a project with Autokroma, there’s no easy way to transfer it to be running with the new plugin.

Patrick

13. Fix Audio Previews/Rendering

Currently, Premiere Pro has no indicator for audio rendering, and appears to render all audio prior to starting playback, causing lag spikes upwards of 20s with a large multi-track file.

This would be okay, if somewhat annoying, if Premiere actually cached and retained this audio after this first time. However, that is not the case. Premiere does not cache the audio to disk, and will discard all of it immediately if you so much as click out of the program for half a second, causing another 20s lag spike before you can start playback again.

Additionally, people have reported related…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. RAW to LOG conversions for ProRes RAW

ProRes RAW has been implemented inside of Premiere now but it is cumbersome. My workflow remains the same as before support has been added where I need to conform my footage to LOG inside of FCPX and then import that to Premiere. This makes all the work that went into implementing ProRes RAW into Premiere useless to me because I still have the same workflow as before.

I am suggesting taking an approach like FCPX where in the clip options there be a selector for “RAW to LOG Conversion” that allows you to conform the linear footage that ProRes RAW…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Converting in/out points to markers

I want a feature what allows me to convert in/out points to marker with duration and backwards, marker to in/outs

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation.

Trying to use Project Manager to export 6k Braw. but Getting this ERROR! an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation.

Please HELP!

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG: OBS Files are not working anymore (APP v14.3.2)

From Adobe Premiere Pro Version 14.3.2 (Build 42) on, MP4 x264 CBR Files created by OBS Software don't work anymore, which destroys my current workflow completely. The last working version is 14.3.1 (build 45).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can't change the font-weight in open caption

When directly changing the font-weight in open caption window (not the import or export settings), it seems that some font-weight options cannot be selected.

For example, Ping Fang SC has 6 font-weights, but only the semi-bold is selectable. When I try to use another font-weight like light, it shows that "light" has been selected, but the change of the caption does not present in the monitor, and when I re-open the open caption window, it goes back to semi-bold again.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG REPORT - Essential Graphics crash when editing

When trying to make an edit on an essential graphics template, any attempt to edit text results in a freeze in the program monitor, followed by a crash of the software. Shouldn't have to restart a project 6 times trying to edit one sentence.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. DV capture setting gone [BUG]

For the capture settings, I only have an option to capture HDV and not DV. This only occurred after I updated my macbook pro to Catalina. Please fix this issue

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base