Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?

470 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

100 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

2. Please fix flickering play-head resulting in inactive timeline

Still getting this flickering playhead issue. My interface basically become inactive when this happens. I've done everything: Update graphics card, updated Adobe Premiere and reworked my cache and ram. I've configured the graphics on the computer for Premiere and udated the C++ preview files. There is really no workaround for this? (Video of what is happening attached)

Work Computer:

Windows 10.0.18362

Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core

16 GB Ram

AMD Radeon RX 580

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug Report (Crash): Pr2020 (14.0 and 14.0.1) - Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules (OSX, MacPro 2013 with Dual D500)

PR Pro 2020 suddenly stopped working (as of January 15 2020).
    It shows the splash screen and goes through some loading stuff (very, very, very slowly).
    Finally an error message pops up saying „Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules…..“ and crashes.

I already tried resetting caches and preferences, reset the NVRAM and PRAM, removed every single plugin I had, uninstalled and reinstalled PR but to no avail.

I have PR Pro 2019 installed alongside and it is working just fine (lucky for me I could downgrade some of my PR projects so I could continue working…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audio waveforms randomly disappearing!

Horrible bug with audio waveforms seemingly randomly disappearing. Seems impossible to get them back, even when rebuilding peak files. Especially annoying on long sequenzes.

Makes audio editing nearly impossible. Please help soon!

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Premiere Connecting to the Wrong Media

The problem we're running into was brought up by someone else in the forums back in 2017:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Why-is-Premiere-linking-the-wrong-clip/m-p/10646862#M229918

In our environment, we edit off of our server, and have done so for a long time now, without issue. All systems used to be Macs, but we've started introducing some PC systems into the mix, and now we're starting to run into complications.

This particular complication is around Premiere relinking to the incorrect media when switching between system OS.

1) Create a project in OS A (could be Mac or Windows), and then edit something.
    2) Replace an asset in the…

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for ProRes RAW

Support for Apple's newest codec, ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ

1,287 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

320 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Here’s an update on where we’re at with including support for ProRes RAW: we’re getting closer to the finish line.

You can expect to see it supported with one of the upcoming releases of Premiere Pro. Expect more details on this towards the end of Q4.

Cheers,
    Patrick

7. Let me edit during auto save

I constantly save my project. My project takes about 1 min to completely save. can you make it so that the save is a background task and I can continue editing without being stopped by saving.
    FCPX and Avid both have this feature.

427 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. dvaaudiofilterscan

On Mac 10.14.5 with latest Premiere CC there is an app called "dvaaudiofilterscan" in the Dock that cannot be removed and also prevents from shutting down the Mac regularly, please fix this!

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Latest 2020 Update results choppy playback

Since I updated the latest version, playback has been very choppy even for a 1080p footage and timeline. I'm using a 8 core i9 9900k CPU with 64GB RAM.

I have never faced this issues even with 4k footages for a 2 hours feature film timeline editing. It's very frustrating that Adobe did not provide 'Save As' to previous versions to at least be able to open the projects and 2019 or other previous versions.

In addition, the Lumetri Colour panels are also showing errors 'AEFilter:14' very frequently. I have never run to such issues. I am not experiencing this…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 keeps crashing. Please fix it. I keep losing the work i have just done and its taking me ages to complete a project

Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 keeps crashing. Please fix it. I keep losing the work i have just done and its taking me ages to complete a project

122 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Extend Selected Edit to Playhead" now automatically put you into trim mode

As of 2020 update, when you do an extend edit to playhead, which I use and have used often, it automatically kicks you into trim mode. This causes me to now have to exit trim mode to get back to editing, each time causing me extra clicks and annoyance. If you added this as a feature, please give us a way to turn it off so I can simply extend edit to playhead again! This happened as of 2020 update.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. HEVC Out of Memory Failed To Create Encoder Premiere 2020

When exporting in both premiere and media encoder 2020, HEVC H265 exports fail, while they work perfectly in 2019.
    Error received:
    export error
    error compiling movie
    out of memory
    failed to create encoder
    select: 9
    error code: 7

system specs:
    AMD 2700
    32 GB ram
    GTX 1060 3GB
    1TB SSD
    updated from 2019 through creative cloud app

Error occurs whether or not CUDA is selected in media encoder.
    Exporting in premiere or media encoder, lead to same error.
    H264 encoding is fine.

Tried uninstalling and re-installing.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BUG: CMD + Sliding Audio Keyframes

In 14.0, it appears there's a bug when trying to slide over audio keyframes horizontally. I used to be able to hold the CMD key (Mac) while sliding keyframes left/right. Now, when I try to do that the keyframes will jump up or down a few decibels before locking onto the X-axis. Soooooo frustrating. I am manually ducking audio under a voice track, and when I edit that voice track there are times I need to adjust the ducking. Haven't tried doing the same with Essential Sound yet. Maybe that's the way to do. Regardless, this used to work pre-14.0.…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Composite Preview During Trim switch doesn't work in 2020

Composite Preview During Trim switch doesn't work in 2020
    if you disable it in the timeline wrench, it still does it. Premiere has never been fluid with this unlike avid's trim mode, I always switch it to off despite having a powerful system, but it shows the 2 screens and freezes up the app for 10 secs for every cut. the larger the project, the more it slows down per trim.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. .Mogrt performance is super slow in 2020

Specific issues:
    Sluggish scrubbing, choppy playback, longer load time.

Our dev team was super excited to hear about the new upgrades, but have found performance is dramatically slowed down in the latest version.

Curious if there will be a patch to fix it, or if there are new development standards to make tools align with the new version? (New code optimization techniques etc.)

Also attached a clip comparing the speed of 2019 to 2020.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Custom coloured video and audio tracks

Colour labels for tracks. A feature I would find really useful in Premiere would be to assign a colour label to various tracks.

I'm a bit of an obsessive when it comes to keeping my sequences in order and since I do a lot of work with different media formats as well as working alongside lots of different industry creatives involving VFX, animation, live action, documentary and drama workflows it's crucial that I can manage all of that in the edit. So when it comes to organising all the layers of audio and video it would be really useful to…

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. STOP DUPLICATE MEDIA FROM BEING IMPORTED

This has not been fixed even though Adobe has claimed to fix this.

I have the media in one master project. My assistant has a their shared project. I open a small sequence from that project and drag the media from it it into my main project. EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE ALL THE MEDIA, I STILL GET DUPLICATED MEDIA. And on top of that it creates a separate folder for each small clip of footage. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

This is horrible. Fix this asap please. What's the point of shared projects if we can't move…

384 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Focus on making Premiere Pro a stable software.

Premiere Pro becomes less and less stable to work with. 2019 has seen the worst versions so far. It's already a running joke with EVERY single filmmaker I meet.

It's buggy, lagging and keeps crashing and wasting the time I should spend working for my client rather than trying to fix all kinds of things with crazy work-around solutions other Adobe customers come up with.

I'm dreaming of the day Premiere Pro is as stable as Photoshop but I guess I will have switched to DaVinci Resolve before that happens.

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG: Premiere Pro 2019 "Unresponsive" During Imports

I stopped editing for several months and recently came back to it. What I noticed is that Pr seems to have some issues importing the same types of footage that it previous had no issues with: 4K/60 h.264 files that are 5-6GB in size. Previously, Pr would just import them in with no issue. Now, Pr seems to lock up during the import, and again when I try to put that footage on the timeline for the first time.

During this "lock up", one CPU core from my 7900X is pushed right to 100%. The rest of them are at…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. FFV1 Support

Hi,

I am hoping for FFV1 support in Adobe Premiere and AE. FFV1 is nationally recommended file format for long term preservation here in Finland (See more info: http://digitalpreservation.fi/files/File-Formats-1.7.0-en.pdf)

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base