Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• or

382 results found

1. [BUG] Hardwaree H.264 decoding will not playback properly if MP4 files are placed within same folder as project file

I have problem with playback of 4K H.264 files in project browser and in timeline if the files are placed within project folder.

Note that the files can be played back just fine if hardware accelerated decoding is "disabled"

Workaround is to place files into another location and have Premiere Pro try to locate the missing files. The same set of files can be played back fine with hardware acceleration.

I though I was having driver issue and decided to do a clean Windows install the problem still persists.

Screenshot: https://youtu.be/M7GGhxW_s7c

Windows 10 1809 (Clean Install, without any updates)
    *…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Export crashed probably 15 times now

I've tried just about every idea I could find. Have a sequence with a bunch of 4k clips and a few 1080p. Trying to export a file that's 4k. My GPU is Geforce 1080 Ti with 4GB. CPU is i7 8th Gen from intel. Tried software encoding, and diasbling the CUBA GPU accelerator. Also have tried every single preview format -- I keep finding advise to change the preview (render) format to match my export settings. There is no preview setting of H.265. So I have tried every one listed that will allow me the resolution I want.

I have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bug - i have been told to log a bug by forum team I am using Prem Pro 13.1 Magician My graphics card is 430.86 Gr force GTX 1050 I am usin

I am using Prem Pro 13.1 Magician

My graphics card is 430.86 Gr force GTX 1050

I am using Windows 10 Home version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 System type x64

Processor Intel R Core TM i7-8550u@1,80GHz 1992Mhz

I have Mercury PLayback engine GPU Acceleration Cuda

It was working fine until I updated to 13.1 Magician and it prompted me to update to the latests nvidia driviers which I did. Since them takes a long time to render titles and also crashes then playback is lagging and slow.

I also not able to use green screen functionality it doesn't work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Finally fix the Threadripper / Nvidia issue - the 2019 update only made it worse

Despite being "under review" for about ten months now, the most recent update seems to have actually disabled the one "hack" that (often) worked for the ridiculous stuttering issues with Threadripper and recent Nvidia cards.

Prior to the 2019 update, reducing the number of cores available to the software - through Task Scheduler affinity - seemed to trick Premiere into less aggressive scheduling (I'm guessing), after which you could increase the number of cores again.

To clarify, this is not in any way a resource or performance issue. This is about often massively overpowered systems dropping frames constantly with an…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make New Premiere For Professionals

In reality, the premiere is a nice piece of software, but in big projects, it becomes a nightmare. Premiere become unstable, unusable slow and sometimes just corrupt save file and hopefully, you have some older back-ups. I work with it more than 15 years - and every year has new surprises, but don't see progress in the right direction.

So I like all new advancements, but I can live without all Team Projects things, and all other ****, I just need stable fast software what will do a job, if I have 400h documentary material, it becomes a nightmare, I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. PROXY MODE PLAYBACK NOT SMOOTH

When I play original UHD HECV files on the timeline playback is fine.

When I generate 'mp4' proxy files and playback in proxy mode playback is fine.

However when I use the GoPro Cineform or ProRes proxy formats the playback in proxy mode is not smooth.

Using the frame advance button on the keyboard you notice that the playback doubles up on frames, hence why it appears choppy, although CPU utilization is only 3-5%.

When you Import the AME generated (Cineform / ProRes) proxy file it plays back smoothly on the timeline, so it doesn't seem to be the file/codec…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. [BUG] Error while loading AEGP plugin

This error appeared shortly after I upgraded to the latest versions of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, the error occurs after trying to import adobe after effect files via the File > Import menu option in Adobe Premiere Pro.

2018-04-21 01:07:40.537 Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018[4042:230646] AdobeCrashReporterInitialize: executionTime = 0.002322 seconds
    <123145457848320> <DS> <5> GPUSniffer launching with test mask 254
    GPUSniffer testing 254
    --- OpenGL Info ---
    Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Renderer: AMD Radeon Pro 450 OpenGL Engine
    OpenGL Version: 2.1 ATI-1.66.31
    GLSL Version: 1.20
    Monitors: 1
    Monitor 0 properties -
    Size: (0, 0, 1680, 1050)
    Max…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Premiere is still awful slow on m1 mac.... please adobe sort out 👍. Resolve and FCX is x3 faster 😇

Premiere is still awful slow on m1 mac.... please adobe sort out 👍. Resolve and FCX is x3 faster 😇. Can you speed up perform on playback and decoding and encoding.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. System Detection and Maximizing Utilization of resources

1. Detect what system you're running on, example, mine is an ASUS Pro art 90, with i9-9k, and GPU Quadro P4000 with 64GB Ram..

2. Maximize the usage of the system, especially GPUs to aid in the rendering.

3. Background rendering of footage on timeline which hasn't been touched for at least 5 mins

As currently my system crashes when rendering (Even with more than enough space on my 2 Hard drives.... TWO)

Exports on 2020 are super slow... 500mb video 1080p takes forever... a 1GB video takes almost 2 hours... ridiculous even with CUDA. And CUDA rendering sometimes fails... what the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Canon R5 file appear different in v15 vs v14 of Premiere Pro

I have a project that was shot on the Canon R5 (C-log3) which i moved over to v15.1 and noticed everything looks crunched in the shadows.
    Tried it on another computer with the same result. Going back to v14.9 fixes this so i think it's an issue with how premiere is reading the Canon 10bit HEVC files.

Double checked all the GPU and colour management settings are the same across both versions

When i bring the project into Reslove, it appears as i see it in v14.9 which i think is the correct image... so something going on in v15.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. MXF files with EIA-608 embedded captions are not decoded properly in Premiere

I have not had any success in importing an mxf file with embedded 608 captions into premiere pro. I've tried everything, and the most helpful thing I've read so far is to log this as a bug.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export Fails

I just want to make you aware of some time i wasted last week. Im not a professional editor but quite into PP and AE. On my so far most complex project i have about 60 seconds done in AE. when Exporting the whole project 1 from 100 times the export works. It stops exporting always around the same time but never at the exact time stamp, i varies always by 5 seconds. Its so frustrating that the preview playback works but the export never. I tried everything to fix this export bug, even changing my AE Project slightly (but…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. BUG: Premiere Pro 2019 "Unresponsive" During Imports

I stopped editing for several months and recently came back to it. What I noticed is that Pr seems to have some issues importing the same types of footage that it previous had no issues with: 4K/60 h.264 files that are 5-6GB in size. Previously, Pr would just import them in with no issue. Now, Pr seems to lock up during the import, and again when I try to put that footage on the timeline for the first time.

During this "lock up", one CPU core from my 7900X is pushed right to 100%. The rest of them are at…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. All versions of 2021 and 2022 have severe issues

I've been using premiere pro and the adobe cloud for about 6 years now and the 2021 and 2022 versions of this application are just the worst thing i've ever experienced for a proffessionally priced software. I'm pretty good at diagnosing and resolving any issue that occurs in older versions but thee way audio is managed is abysmal in the newer version.

In the past 2 weeks, ive had the following issues across all versions of 2021 and 2022 and my current solutions:

Render will fail if I have a multicahnnel sequence (i work with VR outputs this is standard)…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Memory monitoring seems to be buggy during rendering

The memory monitoring seems to track the used amount of memory of the system during rendering with premiere or media encoder and when the memory reaches a certain top-limit it will pause the rendering to let the memory garbage collector doing its job. In many cases the rendering is resumed when a lower limit has been reached. Unfortunately, manytimes this lower limit is reached but the rendering is not resumed. It just stucks forever with 0% CPU and 0% GPU usage.
    Please fix this bug. 80% of my long lasting exports will fail cause this bug so I have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please make available legacy software up to 5 years

If you buy a car you normally don't expect to have to replace it after 3 years. So why does Adobe make software versions redundant after 3 years, particularly for experienced users like me (11 years)? I can no longer reinstall adobe premiere pro 2018 (effectively v. 13.0) which is essential for my workflow as my graphics card's GPU is incompatible. And, as you are aware, I can't replace the graphics card either as there is currently a microchip shortage. So my workflow and consequently client relationships are impacted. Would recommend you make adobe cc legacy software available for at…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug: Crashing on Opacity Key Frames

I'm working on keying something in a scene with the opacity keyframe options and it continues to be crazy slow and then crashes when I try to move or delete one key. I know it's not my computer (or shouldn't be) because I 32gbs of ram, a NIVIDIA RTX 2070 Super graphics card, AMD Ryzen 2700x processer. I can run this thing pretty hard so a few opacity keyframes shouldn't crash the program if it's the computer's fault...

Other things:
    - I've cleared my cache
    - I've played with my playback settings (both software and CUDA GPU acceleration)
    - I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. RED IPP2 Implementation (April 2018): Major Dropped Frame Issues, Very Slow Performance Compared to v12.0.1, and Adobe Player Errors

I’ve been very excited for full RED IPP2 implementation to hit Premiere. However, when loading up older project files with footage using the Legacy Image Pipeline - I'm seeing about half the performance I did previously. A huge number of dropped frames and stuttering footage at resolution playback ratios that I haven't had issues with even the prior Premiere release (12.0.1). I’m also noticing similar performance for IPP2.

I’m running on an 18-core iMac Pro with Vega 64 and 64 GB of RAM, project playing back from a G-Speed 48TB Shuttle in RAID10. Needless to say, I’m on a fast…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. BUG Rendering a timeline on a Mac in 12.1.1 is freezing with ProRes as the video preview codec

Updating from 2015.2 to 2018.1.1 on macOS. Rendering a timeline is freezing with ProRes422 selected as the video preview codec (as I always done in the past). Tried it with multiple machines with various GPUs, it freezes faster if a Lumetri Color effect is applied. Premiere hangs (with the color beachball). Actually, the renders keep on rendering in the Video Previews folder until the end of the timeline, but Premiere itself is frozen, which cause to force quit and lose all the renders. It works fine with the DNxHD and AVC-Intra 100 codecs, but not ProRes422.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Speed and Stability needs to catch up to Davinci Resolve and Final Cut - you are WAY behind!

Premiere and After Effects are in need of a massive performance and stability improvement this year. For the past 3 years now, Final Cut Pro has been benchmarking 8-16x faster in rendering and playback than your product. That's just the start, try Davinci Resolve - even FASTER than Final Cut! At the rates Adobe charges for a subscription there is no excuse for this, whatsoever.
    Re-prioritize performance over gimmicky bells/whistles and get Premiere Pro and After Effects performance with GPUs back in the game on par with your competition that all charge FAR LESS than you. Davinci Resolve has…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base