Skip to content

Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• or

382 results found

1. Option to tag clips to always render previews (red bar) when you press enter.

Sometimes premiere may think the effects or layers are well within the GPU's capabilities to play back in real time, but in reality, sometimes it guesses wrong and I need to manually render in-to-out to preview just those sections. However, if you make certain changes to the timeline, the render preview will be lost, and premiere won't know to automatically re-render that section again when I press enter.

Currently, I have a workaround that is using a Luma Key effect with 0% settings. This effect does nothing to the clip aside from tag it with a red bar since…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Very poor Premiere Pro performance when dealing with complex projects - Ryzen 3950X, 128GB 3200 RAM, RTX 2070, all SSD/NVMe drives

I had major performance issues with my previous editing system (6-core i7-8700, 64GB memory, RTX 2070, SSD/NVMe only drives) so I upgraded to:

• Ryzen 9 3950X 16-core CPU
    • 128GB 3200 memory: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo
    • Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
    • Kraken Z73 360mm AIO
    • Corsair HX850 PSU
    • RTX 2070

But it has done little to help.

Simply trying to move the playhead results in a ~27 second delay (like it did on our previous system) whilst Premiere tries to execute the task.

Here's the resource utilization of our 16-core Ryzen rig whilst it tries to do this, hence why I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. BUG

Issue with XDCAMEX footage wrapped in .MOV files. Since version 22.4 reverse playback is jittery with these files. Disabling mercury playback with CUDA lets reverse playback plays smooth but you lose the benefits of GPU. When reverting back to version 22.3.1 the issue is gone & everything is perfect again. Something happened with this starting in version 22.4 onward.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hardware Encoding to H.264 causing drift to occur in my long sequence on export

I'm using MacOS 10.13 on a iMac Pro with Vega 64. If I export to H.264 using hardware encoding the audio drifts out of sync for a longer sequence. By about 10 minutes the drift is noticeable. If I chose software In MacOS 10.13.6 on iMac Pro with Vega 64 GPU and lots of RAM. While encoding in the export window the audio stays in sync. In addition, Premiere Pro will hang when exporting H.264 randomly. Very frustrating, the other day I had to try small sections of the sequence to encode, I finally got this working. I feel it…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. BUG: Home and Quick Export Buttons Not Working Consistently

They work sometimes and then do not appear (Home Screen) or are unresponsive (both).

Premiere Pro CC v14.8.0 build 39
    Windows 10 64-bit 1909 build 18363.1316
    64GB RAM
    Quadro RTX 5000 GPU
    Nvidia Studio driver 460.89

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and reset preferences and have double checked Preferences > General to display Home screen upon open.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Exporting PNG sequence to AME bug - Stopped render, restarting with Set Start Timecode is ignored

When exporting a PNG sequence from Premiere Pro CC 2018 to AME. Stopped the render (it ran out of memory/hdd space), when restarting it with 'Set Start Timecode' set to resume where it left off, it's ignored and starts naming it as frame #00000 again. This obviously could cause huge problems by overwriting existing frames if the user doesn't notice.

Premiere 2018. I'm running Windows 10, the latest updates, all drivers up to date.

My aging rig has:
    i7 2600k
    16 GB RAM
    nVidia GTX 540 GPU

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Premiere Pro CC 2022 crashes on Fast Forward

When I hit the "L" key to fast-forward while playing on the timeline, and hit about 4x speed, the audio stops scrubbing (I think this is normal), followed by Premiere Pro locking up. There's no way to halt the playback at this point, and eventually Premiere Pro locks the entire system - even the mouse cursor won't move. If I shutdown/restart fast enough (after Premiere locks, but before the entire system locks), I can get a reboot to happen. Otherwise it's the reset switch.

It is very similar to the problem described here, except I'm running Premiere Pro 2022 on…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug - Premiere Pro 15.0 using 100% CPU usage to load thumbnails and causing instability

Premiere Pro is hanging my system - 100% CPU usage when generating thumbnails in bin. Eventually it will go back down to normal usage, but if I try to do other things while this is populating it may cause my computer to BSOD. Last BSOD (this morning) was KERNELSECURITYCHECK_FAILURE
    I should note that my system has 0 stability issues doing anything else except when using Premiere Pro.
    This just started after the last update to Premiere Pro (15.0)-
    This does not happen with 14.9
    I am able to recreate the hanging and or crash by opening a folder…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make mercury transmit... Work

Well. Another thing discovered with Mercury transmit that makes it freak out. UHD monitors... At least that's my guess since this one thing doesn't occur unless mu cintiq pro 16 UHD tablet is connected with displayport to my gtx1080 gpu.

Here's the thing. While the Cintiq is wonderful in many ways. It's just not built to be used for color grading of video. Even my low tier 28 inch 1080p benq works better because of its sheer size. I have color caribrated it with a colorimeter so the representation of colors is decent enough. And the size makes things…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have a performance option in AME and Premiere to select how hard the computer should work during the export

I am dealing with a situation where I am trying to export a Premiere Project from AME. It's a 1:45 min project with some basic color work. Super simple, short. I have a really strong computer and it's only exporting at 4% CPU usage. The render is going to take another 2 hours. When I invest into a professional editing computer there's nothing more frustrating than still dealing with slow exporting due to the software completely under utilizing the hardware. My computer is set to max performance in power options, where I have the CPU minimum usage set to 99%.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bug report: RGB waveform and vectorscopes won't display .jpg information

This is a very odd problem and I can't figure it out. The Lumetri Scope panel won't display color information for some jpgs. The panel works for some jpgs and for others it doesn't. The jpgs are all in the sRGB color space. The ones that PPro can't process are larger files (it can seemingly handle smaller ones) but it's not a lag issue because no matter how long I leave the cursor on the pictures the Lumetri Panel never displays color information. It's as if I've got the cursor over an empty timeline.

If I go into Project Settings…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve use of available CPU processing power during render when available

I would like an explanation of why Premiere Pro is not making better//more efficient use of CPU power during render of timeline particularly for things like MOGRTs during rendering
    See my post in community forum for more detail :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware-discussions/pc-hardware-performance-improving-rendering-speed-of-mogrts-in-4k/td-p/12916933

Basically with a CPU only at 49% and GPU just idling along I dont understand what Premiere Software is doing if it has another 50% CPU resource left.
    It has been suggested the MOGRT template I have purchased might be inefficient - but can the apparent lack of resource use by the executing software be explained please.
    Is this inefficient…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 215 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

173 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand that retiring a part of the software can create issues for some users. We are doing our best to make this a slow and steady process and are adding needed features along the way. Most importantly, we have added the ability to convert Legacy Titles into Source Graphics. While not all characteristics will translate perfectly, this should give you really good results in most cases. We’re not just taking something away, we’re adding functionality to Essential Graphics constantly. Our team is working hard to make sure it meets your workflow needs. And if it doesn’t - we want to know about it. If you feel that there is a specific feature missing in Essential Graphics please create a single UserVoice post for it, e.g. for Inner and Outer Strokes. This way it is much easier for others to vote on something actionable. Please take a look at our…

14. Renew highlight Shadow effect

Hello, I've been trying to use the effect Highlight/Shadows (Ombre / Ton Clair in French). I'm mostly an AE user and I would like to use it on Premere too. It creates cool retro fake HDR effect because there is a radius cursor in the values, it can't be translate as a simple LUT effect. But it seems to be out of date and not GPU optimized.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change Color Effect uses 100% CPU in render / exporting

In my last project, the render time was a lot longer then older projects, it was using 100% CPU, the GPU was about 3% and then the render/encoding always crashes.

When I deleted the "Change color" effect, everything backed to normal.

Adobe please fix that bug.

Pr 14.8.0 (Build 39)
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Intel i7-7700
    GTX1060 6Gb (461.40 Driver)
    16Gb 2400mhz RAM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Eye dropper within certain effects not working properly

So I have been having issues with the eye dropper tool within Premier both in Lumetri Color and in Cosmo II from Red Giant.
    Every time I click the tool to select a color, no matter what color I hover over and click, it always shows as black. I noticed that at certain areas of my screen the eye dropper tool would change colors in places that made no sense. I have a 4 monitor set up when I run Premier so I figured maybe the mapping of the screens was off withing Premier. I collapsed the app to just…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The interface don't scale correctly when switching between 2 screens

The interface don't scale correctly when switching between 2 screens.
    I'm on a MacBookPRO 16 ''(specs in the screenshot) and e-gpu with a Radeon VII and when i switch thehome screen to the 32 Benq 4K the home screen seem to stay a the same size and it's impossible to change something. I need to open Première Pro on the 32'' sreen to have all the ui ok.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix the under utilization for multi threaded CPUs and Multi GPUs (sli)

I have a Windows 10 Pro AMD 1950x system with 64gb of ddr4 ram at 2666mhz. A Samsung 960 evo 500 gb NVMe SSD for my OS, Samsung 970 evo 1tb NVMe ssd for my media source drive, another Samsung 970 evo 1tb NMVe ssd for my cache and scratch drive, 2x GTX 1080s in SLI and I can't scrub 4K UHD multi cam regardless if I use proxies or view at 1/8th resolution in the 2018 version of Adobe Premier Pro like I can in the 2017 version of Premiere Pro. Creating previews is much slower in 2018 vs…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. player instabil. Pr 14.8

facts:
    win10, radeon card

error:
    sometimes player works and sometimes not. No playback in resource an record player, no picture in that, no playback in timeline. If I want to exit Pr it freezes. If it works than is an green-frame effect in picture.

graphic card is up to date.

in generell I tried to play between software and GPU Player.

Help. Pr 14.8 is like an errors of labyrinth.

Thx
    Katja

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. v.15 crashes on Windows 10

Since March 25, 2021, I have been unable to open project files in version 15 without them crashing. I was able to edit the footage fine for about an hour before I started experiencing issues. I'm lucky if I can make two movements in the project before it crashes. The program also ends up using 100% of my CPU at random intervals. Since the recent updates, all Adobe programs have ran fine with the exception of Premier.
    I am running Windows 10 with and AMD CPU and an NVIDIA GPU. I have tried updating my drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base