Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• or
  1. Please allow “same as source channels” for exported videos

Please allow the user to be able to select “same as source” audio channels in the export settings of both Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder. This is to allow fixing the audio channel mismatch error you might get when working with proxy workflows. The reason I am requesting this and hoping to get it upvoted is when we receive footage shot across a wide variety of cameras, i.e. Canon C300 / GoPro / Drone / Canon 5D / Other various cameras that may be using different channels other than “Stereo” or even switching the channels halfway through a shoot…

17 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Relink from proxy to .MXF

I generally work with ProRes proxy files during the editing of 4K material. These files were made with Adobe Media Encoder and have the same filename as the original clips except for the filetype extension.

When the project is locked and I want to switch to the original files I move the proxy files to a different location so on opening I get the "Link Media" requester to batch-relink the now missing clips to the original 4K clips.

When I point to a .MXF file when the (proxy)clip had the audio-tracks removed in the timeline, I get the error…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Limited or Full Range Video Levels check boxes

I have a problem with Adobe Premiere since the v13.1 update.

It interprets video levels incorrectly, not being consistent with interpreting video as Limited Range 16-235 or Full Range 0-255, depending on the codec.

This is making it impossible to do any reliable colour correction work with Lumetri and also is making it impossible to generate reliable DCPs as the video levels are way off.

It will either add too much crush or flatten the image depending on the source. Sometimes affecting different clips differently depending on which codecs with which flags are in the timeline

If there was a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to display MOGRT file names in Essential Graphics/Libraries Panels

It would be great if users could choose which MOGRT template names appear in Premiere Pro's Essential Graphics and Libraries panels:

Option 1 (the currently used method in PP): the name displayed is the MOGRT name that was given to the template within After Effects when it was created.

Option 2 (new method): the name displayed is the templates file name.

Most MOGRT templates that are sold/downloaded from the internet come with non-descriptive, lousy names such as 'Title 1', 'Title 2', etc. Files are very easy to rename in Windows/MacOS since there's a slew of batch renaming apps available. Renaming…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Project Manager built for taking projects on-the-go and return, not just archive.

Here's the situation. I have a 2TB project. Client wants revisions made while I'm on the road - fortunately, I'm only using 2% of media in final edit, and even then, can edit with proxy files, so it's easy to get my project down to a few hundred GBs to take on the road. We use project manager, only export a couple timelines, transcode, and VOILA! It's great and works well (although better progress bar indications would be nice.)

HOWEVER, if I ever want to RE-LINK or RE-MERGE my changes BACK into my original project file on desktop edit environment,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: Layouts are not saved properly on PPro CC 2019 (13.0)

As with every major release, I installed PPro CC 2019 (13.0) using the following steps:
    1. Remove PPro CC 2018.1 (12.1.1)
    2. Remove settings & layouts by deleting folder "C:\Users{MyUser}\Documents\Adobe\Premiere\12"
    3. Remove Cache Files (Both from scratch disk and %APPDATA%\Adobe\Common)
    4. Also remove third party plugins, Blackmagic drivers, NDI tools
    5. Update Nvidia drivers
    6. Install PPro CC 2019 (13.0)
    7. Install latest versions of plugins, blackmagic drivers
    8. Restart computer and start PPro with Alt-Shift to purge plugin cache data.
    9. Adjust all settings and make my layouts, making sure I have the "import workspace from projects" is disabled.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multi export of clips from a project.

I work for a small Media company in the Midwest and much of the work I do with Premiere is taking a two to three-hour live stream and cutting it up into clips for further distribution. This seems like a situation many YouTubers but especially twitch streamers would find themselves in. With the popularity of Premiere I would expect this to cover thousands of users.

The problem is simple. I can only export One Clip at a time and have to wait and babysit my computer for every single clip which lowers my productivity because of all this maintenance. Premiere…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The Overall User Experince

While I love the "Swiss Army Knife" approach to Adobe Premiere Pro, I think that this is part of the reason for all of the issues. Here are just some of my thoughts for the 2019 CC release. I think there are several areas that Editors would really appreciate improvements, or more completely new features for the platform.

The first is improved Metadata, tagging, and Keyword support. FCPX does this best. It is very easy to organize and sort footage based on Keywords and then search for them later on. Premiere's search box has never really worked.

Another big…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatically Sync media to merged clips

When synchronising large amounts of audio and video, working solely from the timeline or creating merged clips one-by-one is messy and tedious. Ideally, it should be possible to automatically synchronise media from a bin or the project panel, so a pile of separate audio and video becomes a neat list of synchronised merged clips.

Avid has this sorted with their AutoSync feature, which has existed for years. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4frJqkc5EI) This feature looks and works much like Premiere's existing 'Synchronise' option, except that rather than synchronising media on a timeline, it acts on media selected in a bin, and creates…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. square pixel aspect ratio for proxies... please...

When I first heard that adobe would be adding a real proxy workflow I was happy. But I've tried it back when first introduced... and still I have not been able to get it to work. Why does it fight me so?

This is how it goes:

1. I record video.

2. I put the files on my editing disk

3. I import to premiere

4. I right click the file to create the proxies.

5. I create the proxies using one of the ingest presets that for some reason cannot be altered in any way (why no option to set up an ingest preset…
    1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix the merge video and audio clip issue for sound post

I am a film editor, digital imaging technician and post production workflow consultant for feature films, Ads and web series.

I have used Pinnacle Studio, Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5, Sony Vegas Pro and vcd cutter during my early days for post as I was learning the post production process including Windows movie maker :P

I am happy to be back on Adobe CC platform after working on Apple Final Cut Pro 7 on Apple ecosystem from film school days.

Last year, I produced my first independent short film with Adobe Premiere pro cc, photoshop cc and after effects cc.

Even…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 7 8 10 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base