Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

284 results found

1. Support for ProRes RAW

Support for Apple's newest codec, ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ

1,393 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

396 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →

Hello ProRes RAW community,

as of today, you can start using ProRes RAW in Premiere Pro 14.2 (public release).

Thanks to the large group of people from this thread that helped us during the last couple of weeks in putting finishing touches on the implementation through our beta program.

More info on 14.2 is available from:
    https://theblog.adobe.com/maximize-your-creativity-wherever-you-are-working/

Cheers,
    Patrick

2. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,629 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

579 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →
  3. ProRes RAW, and replace lumetri for a better color grading option, maybe Camera Raw

ProRes RAW, and replace lumetri for a better color grading option, maybe Camera Raw

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →
  4. ProRes RAW ISO, white-balance and tint controls

Give ProRes Raw control over White-Balance, ISO and tint in raw controls as well as log conversion. Then it will be useable.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →
  5. Thanks a lot for Canon RAW light support

Thanks a lot for Canon RAW light support !
    I am so happy to be able to playback smoothly my Raw file ( at 1/4 ) on my 2013 MacbookPro ( 2,3 Ghz Intel Core i7 with Nvidia GeForce GT 750 M 2048 Mo )
    Thanks !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support Fujifilm prores raw conversion

Can you please support Fujifilm cameras shooting prores Raw.
    Please have raw to log conversion Fujifilm xhs2 and other Fujifilm cameras as well.
    Please give us a choice to choose colorspace re 2020
    Need raw to log for my camera

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →
  7. Allowing kineraw to be native like red raw files . Camera company kinefinity | raw codec | kineraw

Please allow us to edit kineraw natively inside adobe premiere . Right now it works inside fcpx and davinci
    . only thing stopping me from buying the kinefinity mavo Lf is it’s raw capability’s that work inside adobe premiere.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →

Our Formats team is working on other formats and priorities, and will be for some time.

The API we use for footage import is public; we’d be happy to help a third party write a Kineraw importer.

8. ProRes RAW and X-Rite Color Checker

Please add support for ProRes RAW. I'm dying to be able to use it in Premiere as I work in an Adobe only environment. I may however have to use FCPX soon to unlock the full potential of my footage.

Also I'd love to see support for color correction using the X-rite color checker or similar.

Thank you!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Both of these features are important to us and we are actively considering them, but I am closing this request as “not actionable” because there are actually two requests here which already exist. Please cast your votes or join the discussion on those separate threads. Thank you for your input nonetheless.

- Francis

ProRes Raw:
    http://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233/suggestions/33864517

X-Rite Support:
    http://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233/suggestions/35397628

9. 16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Windows

When using Premiere Pro 13.1 on multiple monitors with Windows with 3 monitors attached, Mercury transmit will NOT allow Monitor 2 to be used for playback. When selecting Monitor two, Monitor 3 will automatically be selected andk keep monitor 1 selected also. This behaviour does NOT occur with 13.0.3. Selecting alternate render options does not fix the issue.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →
  12. Support for Nikon NRaw

Can we please get support for Nikon's NRAW codec? Resolve and Edius already have it cooked up and ready to go. This reactive rather proactive approach to codec integration is really disappointing. First it was Prores RAW (still ongoing issues) and now NRAW. How about Adobe show Nikon shooters a bit of love here?

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →
  13. Audio effect settings STILL being reset when sequence is duplicated (12.1/12.1.1/12.1.2)

I'm posting another version of this bug, because why not continue to throw this at the wall until hopefully someone from Adobe acknowledges it, and gives us some indication of when we might expect it to be fixed?

This one is well-overdue!

1) Setup some audio effects (compressors are especially susceptible to the bug)
    2) Duplicate your sequence.
    3) Marvel as all of your effect settings are reset.

This only started with the abomination that was 12.1, and has now continued on through to 12.1.2.

OS X 10.13.5
    iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, Late 2014)
    32GB RAM
    AMD Radeon R9 4096…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →
  14. Making better use of the Hardware, GPU for Playback and Debayering and using mutiple cores.

• Use the Power of GPU for better Playback Performance
    • In General I noticed a much greater Performance with FCPX and Resolve. I would LOVE to see the Performance in Premiere.
    • iMac Pro Hardware support aswell as MacBooks and all common used editing machines. Note: I cant get full Resolution 4K Playback with an iMac Pro (in ProRes or C200 RAW as well as some 4K h.265 from a consumer camera files)
    558 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, 

I'm closing this issue. The reason is that since this post was first created, we have made major improvements in how we use available hardware and, in particular, GPUs. Common video codecs are now GPU accelerated and we regularly add more. (For example, AVC Intra in v23; ARRIRAW in v23.1.)

Improving performance is ongoing work and it's work that has a high priority for us. If you've got specific areas you would like to see improvement in (e.g., particular video formats or processor types), please create a new idea. 

Thanks,

Fergus

15. Adding effects directly to video layers (Audio Track Mixer for Video layers)

Being able to add effects directly to a layer which makes all clips on that layer affected would be a huge time saver.
    If you have a multicamera sequence with 3 different cameras where you want to add same grade to all clips on track 1, track 2 and track 3 seperately.

Or even being able to make adjustment layers only affect the clips on the layer directly beneath would also be amazing... (like in photoshop)

276 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. So Many Problems with 12.1.1

I haven't had this many issues with Premiere since CS6. This update is simply awful and needs fixing fast!

1. The font issue. Invalid fonts? Should have been fixed with the first complaints months ago.

2. Rendering stalls out and you need to force quit. Re-open and render again - no problem. This shouldn't happen.

3. When opening sequences, sometimes the track are all muted (even though the mute button isn't on). The only fix for this is to solo a track and then un-solo it and it works. But if you open a sequence and export it while tracks are invisibly muted,…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Admin →
  17. Poor Performance in Premiere Pro CC 2018 (12.1 and 12.1.1) with ProRes footage

Full report is detailed here: https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/support-software/Poor-Performance-in-Premiere-Pro-CC-2018-Ver-12-1-X-with-ProRes-footage-1150/

The short of it is that with the 12.1.0 and 12.1.1 versions of Premiere Pro, I'm seeing up to 35% longer export times and up to twice as many dropped frames during live playback with ProRes 422 HQ and 4444 footage compared to version 12.0.1. As far as troubleshooting, here are the steps I have already gone through:

1) Reinstalled Premiere Pro
    2) Reinstalled Windows 10 Pro (and Premiere Pro again)
    3) Reset Premiere Pro preferences
    4) Created fresh .prproj files
    5) Tried older GPU drivers (397.31, 390.77, and 388.71)
    6) Tried both a…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
  18. An option to remove the audio clip icon overlays for L, R, Ch. 1, Ch. 2, etc.

These are constantly covering up the waveforms, making it difficult to edit audio, unless you zoom in and/or increase the track height.
    Here's in image to show just how troublesome this can be:
    https://i.imgur.com/QwzkSeO.png

The ideal solution would also have an associated shortcut, for easy toggling on/off, just as we have for audio track names.

This is item 96 on my spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868629

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. multiple projects

Steps to Reproduce Bug:

1. Open a Project

2. Open another project

3. Look at your screen

Results:

Multiple projects are open and it is very difficult to understand which project is which. It is much too easy to close the wrong project or affect an asset in the wrong project. Many users complain that the workspaces also change when if this is a workflow you want people to use then the workspace should stay the same throughout. A few suggestions:

1. Let the user disable this feature. It does not make sense for all of your users.

2. Make the highlighted/active project very obvious.…

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug - Audio effect settings being reset when duplicating sequence

When duplicating a sequence, some of my audio effects settings, typically my compressor (usually this is a single-band compressor), has its settings reset.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating, especially when other editors need to jump into a project, and suddenly the sound is messed up.

1. Set up a compressor on your Bus Track.
    2. Adjust settings of compressor to suit audio
    3. Duplicate sequence
    4. Marvel as all of your settings are intermittently reset
    62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Durin G (Adobe) responded

This issue was resolved in 2018. Please ensure you’re using the most recent releases to benefit from the fix and update.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Premiere Pro

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base