Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic Link Tracking / Duplicate Frames

Currently AE dynamic link clips in a timeline are "tracked" by After Effects project. An AE project can (and often does) contain multiple compositions. However, rather than recognizing different compositions as separate clips in the timeilne, Premiere recognizes only that such clips all come from one AE project and thus they are displayed as duplicate frames (with the duplicate frames indicator). This, of course, is inaccurate.

R.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. New Projects Not Displaying on Home Screen / Recent

there is a bug in premier 22.1.2 (Windows 11) that after a project is created for the first time, and you save it, later to return to edit it, it doesn't display in the recent project's files list (when first starting premiere).

When you manually open a project, and later return to it, it does appear in the recent list on the home page of Premiere.

The recreate the issue these steps can be used with 100% repeatability.

1) Press "New Project" on the home screen and give it a new / unused file name

2) Add a sequence to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The ability to customise where Premiere Pro pulls metadata from for the metadata display

Recently I tried to import all of my video files into the various bin folders to better organise and optimise my work flow.

In order to effectively work through each bin, file navigation is crucial. I like many others, organise my files by "Creation Date".

Currently Premiere Pro pulls the "Creation Date" metadata from the "Origin" section of the properties for each video file. This "Origin" creation date can be changed and when left blank, my premiere pro would default to displaying the year "01/01/1904".

I think the metadata display should be configurable so that users are able to specify…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Feature request: double-click on keyframe to change its value

The current year is 2022, and I still (AFAIK) cannot double-click on a keyframe in "Effect Controls" to change its value. Instead, I must position the time indicator to that keyframe (I do know how to hop to that quickly) and then click on the actual value on the left.

In AE, I can double-click on a keyframe and change its value. I can do this no matter where the time indicator is positioned. I have been able to do this in AE for quite some time now, perhaps even before CS6?

I have tried shift-clicking, alt/opt-clicking, etc just to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. workspaces

MAKE WORKSPACES TAB Section BIGGER or expandable across the screen. There's too much negative space around the file name area, I would much rather have the many tabs to switch between workspace is easily then have it all jammed down into the top right corner. The UI change in approx May/June 2022 did not improve functionality in the use of the workspaces tab. Please update.

Also, please make it possible to export and import keyboard shortcuts, in addition to the snycing feature which is great but it's harder if you freelance and are using different machines provided by the company.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Global fx mute that also affects export

Need ability to turn temporarily turn off Lumetri (or perhaps all effects?) for export. Then turn them back on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make top header bar more customizeable, improve contrast on workspaces

There's some problems here even for people who don't want to completely remove it.

I am perturbed that the only way to see my workspaces is way off to the right in an extremely low-contrast font. (also, hard to find: just see issues like "Please put workspaces BACK in the top Header Bar"). I have an IPS display so the darks suck, especially when I lower the brightness for night-time (I don't need great color fidelity 100% of the time, and your dark theme should still be readable when I don't).

I recently finished a 200-hour project where I spent…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show media thumbnails in list view

It's possible to have list view, icon view, and freeform view, but I'm looking for a combination of list and icon view. I want to see my columns as they contain important information and make for very quick on the fly sorting, but I want to visually see the shot contents in addition to the columns and be able to set poster frames to make that visual information as rich as possible. Given the row size would have to be significantly larger and the icon column much wider, there'd be a compromise in how many columns and rows you can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow pasting in Adobe Stock music licensing dialog box

When you license Adobe Stock music, you can optionally enter a project name and reference ID. However, the fields do not allow pasting of text into them. This is ridiculous, since a project reference might be a long string of numbers and letters (in. my case, "4412335_DSC20220721"). What a last-minute hassle.

Please fix this UI bug so that users can paste text into these fields rather than retype and possibly introduce errors in the process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. version 14.5 - dual monitor bug

Since the update to 14.5.0, all panels that are on a secondary monitor (connected to a DisplayPort) are unresponsive to the keyboard, and items cannot be dragged and dropped.

For example, I have a workspace that has the source and program monitor panels, plus the productions and media browser panels on my primary monitor. The rest are arranged on my secondary monitor.

I can use key strokes in any of the panels on the primary monitor, for example, hitting the spacebar will toggle playback in the source and program panels. I can also drag and drop clips from the media…

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Exportable Report of all team project activity

I’d like to export reports of changes and collaborator activity history on team projects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change color of marker in marker panel

The simple ability to right click on a marker in the marker panel and change the color.

It's great we have the ability to SORT by color in the panel - just follow the next logical step and have us CHOOSE the color as well!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Lumetri Color Solo Changed Parameters

I would like to see an option to "Solo" the modified parameters of the Lumetri Color panel. This would essentially act like After Effects when you select a layer and double tap the U key to show all and only the altered parameters of the layer.

I think this would speed up the process of color correcting and grading with Lumetri Color because you wouldn't have to click through the tabs just to change settings after your initial pass. It would also help de clutter the UI as you are working because you don't see un used parameters. I typically…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. General bugs and improvements

Hi there!

A few things -

1. When opening a new project when an old one is open, please have only open the new project open, and not a combination of the 2

2. bug - program and source monitor both sometimes go black after editing for a while.

3. tends to freeze and my monitor switches off and on again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Workspaces (and any part of ur trash UI) work as intended.

Make it ******* work u clowns. ******* new saves in the profile every ******* time AND it never uses the right one. Another team head that need firing ASAP. Just find ******* people that have working experience on ANY other ******* UI and u people might save this terrible software. clowns all of u...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Active Response in Timeline (while dragging clips)

I used to be able to zoom in and out of the timeline display (plus and minus keyboard shortcuts) as well as activate and deactivate snapping (s keyboard shortcut) while I was holding and dragging clips. This is extremely useful for placing clips.

I can no longer do this?

R.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display subtitles in frame.io

It would be good if the subtitle track could be included in the frame.io upload, either as a subtitle stream in the mp4 container, or as a sidecar file. Either way it would be useful to be able to turn them off and on.
    Even better would be the ability for reviewers to make edits to the subtitles in the frame.io interface, and galaxy brain level better would be for those edits to be brought back to Premiere.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Lumetri Scopes Stackable?

Can we have the Lumetri Scopes be able to stack vertically or moveable in any orientation? I run both waveform and vector scopes and they are side by side(horizontally) in a window that uses all my vertical res. If they were able to stacked vertically I'd be able to see more of the scopes accurately. Thanks!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base