Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back the project media loading status!

I'm not sure if this feature was intentionally removed but on my windows and mac machines Premiere no longer shows me the media that's loading in the bottom corner on opening a project. Really annoying as there's no indication when it's complete. Was this intentional or is it a bug?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to change multiple sequence settings at one time.

It would be great to be able to click multiple sequences in a bin and change their sequence settings as group. (I.e., changing from an Arri format to DNX, etc.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. New Export Screen Default Setting Selection

My day usually consists of exporting more than a handful of short clips, and with the old version of the Premiere export screen it would always default to the settings last used. I would be able to hit Command+M, and then Return, and the sequence would be sent to Media Encoder.

Now with the new 22.4 Export screen, it always defaults to "Custom", which is an H.264 formatted .mp4. It doesn't seems like there's currently any way to change that, even after going into "More Presets..." and removing all favorites except the one I want to use. The creation of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We start referring to the update as "Ugly Sonic."

Maybe that will clue in Adobe to what they could gain by listening to their customers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. nested clips - switch to main sequence

Ability to (like in after effects) easily go back to "parent" sequence after double-clicking, and entering a nested sequence. This is especially important when many sequences are opened.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Error alerts should be given in "time code" instead of "frame number".

With frame numbers, it is very difficult to tell where the error is occurring.
    Users usually edit based on the time code.
    I'd like to know the time code.

For example: x 35576 -> ◯ 00:19;47;02

リクエスト:エラーアラートの表示は「フレーム番号」ではなく「タイムコード」で教えてほしい

フレーム番号だと、どこがエラーを起こしているのかとてもわかりにくい。
    普段はタイムコードを基準として編集している。
    タイムコードで教えてほしい。

例:× 35576  → ◯ 00:19;47;02

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Premiere Pro does not quit when Media Cache directory is not found

When you start Premiere Pro without the Media Cache directory connected to your computer, you will get the attached error. When you click 'Cancel', Premiere Pro should quit, but instead it remains open.

The interface is not opened and you cannot get it to open either. You have to manually quit the software.

Expected behaviour:

When you click 'Cancel' Premiere Pro quits entirely.

Current behaviour:

When you click 'Cancel' Premiere Pro only closes the UI.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to not include filetype in the bins

I like the way to import footage to PP, but I'd like to not see .MXF after all my files (or .MP4) or whatever filetype it is, as I'm also outputting for clients the filename using the Filename overlay effect, so I have to manually remove the .MXF from the bin in the name to get it to show cleanly.

This would be great to see.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The New Project interface makes finding my Dropbox folder difficult

I'm trying to create a new project and with the new interface i'm taken to an import interface. Its file system is an abbreviated version of my Windows file system. Most of my folders are in Dropbox and I'm finding it very hard to even find the Dropbox root. If you could show my Quick Access from my Windows interface that would be a good start. For the moment I'm stalled by this and I never experienced this kind of barrier to creating a Premiere project before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have video track name appear beside eyeball icon when tracks are small

I often rename video tracks, but the names do not appear unless the tracks are quite big; see attached screenshots. There is plenty of wasted space to the right of the track visibility (eyeball) icon - why not use this for the track's name, then it could appear all the time? Maybe it'd be truncated with an "..." at the end if the name is long, but if you want to see the full name, that area can just be expanded. Currently, unless your track name is INCREDIBLY long, there's really no need to ever expand that area. So having…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Shortcut to bring back top WORKSPACE menu - mine is gone and CMD + \ isn't working

I found the Workspace icon in the upper left - maybe was there before and I never noticed? But now my top bar workspace menu (and the white bar) are gone. Used to be able to bring them back with CMD + \, but that isn't working. It's much quicker for me to have them all accessible at the top like they used to be as opposed to having to click the icon. I am still on Catalina, attempting to upgrade to Monterey, so maybe that will correct it? I will add note here if it does.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Transition right-click menu in timeline, add Make Default Transition

Pretty much what it says. Just add the option to make it the default transition in the right-click menu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Putt an option to turn off multiple projects opening

Just put back how it was in PR 2019/20
    Don't need to open multiple projects opening

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. text

Entering text to a project should not be so difficult. You should be able to right click on Program: video and select ADD TEXT. Textbox will be available to add text and automatically adding text to video timeline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. disable cmd+drag to copy clips in project panel, replace with opt+drag

I assume this would be ctrl and drag in Windows. It's extremely frustrating because, if you are trying to select clips, you will often need to click on one hold down cmd, and select another clip that is not in sequence in the project panel eg. clip001 and clip003 but not clip002. Frequently, one can accidentally click off while doing this, that's especially the case with a wacom tablet but happens with mouse as well and because cmd + drag + release is interpreted as copy/duplicate command everytime this happens you accidentally duplicate clips and you have to be very…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bug fix for numeric keypad

Numeric keypad no longer works to input numbers and most characters into text graphics items.

Only '=' and '/' symbols can be added to text when using the keypad. This is the same in either graphics view or if trying to add directly into program window.

No matter what you have selected, the keypad now defaults to changing the timecode widow and moving the playhead to timecode of numbers entered.

This is not seen before in any previous versions.

This is noted on Premiere CC 22.1.1 on a Monterey 12.1 MacBook Pro. Pro.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Cursor Delay

I just updated to the newest version of Premiere Pro, having somehow missed an update a couple of years ago (I blame covid.) Long story short, I used to work in Premiere Pro CC '18, and now I'm in the newest version as of a day or two ago.

My cursor, the most basic of tools, does not respond accurately to 1) where I am placing it OR 2) when I am clicking it. When I hover over something in my timeline, it either is delayed before it will show the correct placement of the cursor, or it won't happen…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make transcribe work again

In this updated version the "transcribe" is greyed out. This is an essential function of the program. why doesn't it work now??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 94 95
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base