Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display duration of selection when dragging in timeline

When clicking and dragging a box in the timeline (to select clips), it would be very helpful to show the total duration of time that the dragged box is covering. This could be used as a time measurement tool, to roughly see how long certain parts of a sequence are. This could look similar to the info that displays when hovering over a clip (Start, end, duration).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Recent sequences menu

The context menu of the source viewer lists all recently opened clips - why not the timeline viewer too?

In the timeline (record) viewer's context menu, add a divider after the list of open sequences, and then list recently-opened sequences.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Keyboard Shortcuts Form - Default Control = Search Textbox

When selecting the Keyboard Shortcut screen:
    Ctrl-Alt-K (or EDIT/Keyboard Shortcuts)

the default control is <OK> so you can simply close that screen. Instead I would suggest changing the default control to the Search text-box, that way we can search and find a command we are looking for immediately and do not have to reach for the mouse to click in the search box or press shift-tab 3 times. And we can still press ESCape (as it currently is) to close that form at any time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add option to hide fx badges in timeline.

The fx badges in the timeline are not terribly informative and take up valuable screen space, making it less likely that the title of a clip shows up enough to be read. It would be nice to be able to hide them, or put them after the clip's name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Custom Workspaces and Encoding Settings Disappear with an Update

Every time a major update occurs to the Adobe Priemere the custom workspaces (that I've designed that help me and my team of editors get work done efficiently) and our standard Media Encoding presets (on both Priemere and the Media Encoder Queue app) just disappear. I find myself repairing, and creating new presets every few months.

Generally, I wouldn't care so much, but it's starting to affect project consistency. Media is getting encoded at the wrong settings causing playback and shipping issues.

Please advise

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adjust Audio Clip Keyframes Within the Source Window

Adjust Audio Clip Keyframes Within the Source Window
    A lot easier to adjust audio keyframes within the huge source window than to do so within the timeline. I know you can enlarge any timeline clip but that's one less step I'd have to do. I don't like to say do it because that's how FCP used to do it, but gosh darn it, FCP had that part right!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Global Progress Bar

Add global progress bar for any processing happening such as morph cut and warp stabilizer. Sometimes I have several sequences processing, and I'm waiting to batch export but there's no way to know when all the processing is done besides going into each sequence and checking manually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Relevant (not just numbered) file names for workspaces

Currently, workspaces are saved as UserWorkspace1.xml, UserWorkspace2.xml, etc. Would be very helpful if their file names reflected what they are called within Premiere, as Keyboard layouts are. Would make it a lot easier to share workspaces across computers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to close current project when opening another project.

I would like the option to close the current project I'm working on when opening a second project. In Logic Pro if you're working in one project and open a second, a dialogue box pops up asking if you would like to close the current project or keep both open.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fullscreen Mode aka Lightroom

A fullscreen mode aka in Lightroom will be nice.. especially on our laptop, you can save space for another track on the timeline.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. After full screen playback, default focus to Timeline instead of Program monitor

Currently, if you Command-P and play back your sequence full screen, then spot something you want to fix, you hit escape and revert to interface view. But the focus is now on the Program monitor, whereas what you typically want to do is locate the issue on the timeline and tweak whatever it was you spotted. This requires clicking or switching to the timeline and locating the issue, two seemingly unnecessary steps.

So the suggestion is to default the focus to the Timeline window, and auto-locate the playhead in timeline after full screen playback, rather than the Program monitor, as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Markers on Multi-Camera sequences shown in the marker panel

Show markers on Multi-Camera sequences in the marker panel

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Favorite Effects Palette

I'd like the ability to drag your favorite effects to a separate palette or bin, so they are always available without having to twirl out a submenu in the normal effects browser. Preferably the Favorite Effects Palette would support custom thumbnails to make it easier to quickly find your most used effects.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The font size of the interface, in 2018 it's too small

Having the ability to change the font size of the interface, in 2018 it's too small

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Arrow from video or audio usage is often unavailable.

Arrow from Methada video usage or audio usage is often unavailable, check please for reference.

http://prntscr.com/j8qp03

Its working just sometimes.
    this bug is not only with the latest version of Premiere (actually 12.1) but with all versions.

Is there any feature to fix it?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve support for high resolution displays

Using a high resolution display with any scaling whatsoever causes multiple issues in Premiere. Most notably for me is that selecting "100%" zoom on my video content shrinks the asset to a tiny size that is definitely not accurate.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Find and Replace Text in Item Names

An extremely useful addition to the UI would be a "Find and Replace" function for searching items' names in the Project Panel.

For example, if using a templated Project (as we make extensive use of), you could quickly find the 25 sequences with the names:

SEASON xEPISODE yyGUEST NAMECLIP 01
    SEASON x
    EPISODE yyGUEST NAMECLIP 02
    SEASON xEPISODE yyGUEST NAMECLIP 03
    SEASON x
    EPISODE yyGUEST NAMECLIP 25

Allowing you to quickly:

Search for "x" and replace with "3"
    Search for "yy" and replace with "12"
    Search for "GUEST NAME"…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Standalone panel messages from a Teams project.

Hi, I'd love to be able to add a panel/Window with the messages from editors working on a Teams Project, kinda like a chat interface. Digging these out currently is a bit of a pain.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. première pro cc

Depuis la mise à jour du logiciel, première pro ne veut plus de certains fichiers vidéos et considéré que des fichiers son. Que faire??

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Media Browser access network shares

The Media Browser still feels like it's from the XP era. It has some useful features that benefit my workflow - but it needs to be able to access network shares in Windows. Currently it can only access ones mapped to letter drives - incomplete.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base