Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premier Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1938 results found

1. Show motion box and anchor point

I'm using 2k monitor with 125% UI scaling. The motion box and anchor point are no longer showing like in CC 2018. I can either change the DPI setting which makes the program look like 480p, or I can change to 100% UI scaling which makes text so small to be readable. Adobe please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Type in Value for Keyframe

Can we please have the option of double clicking a keyframe and entering a value for it? This is a great function in AE, I wish it existed in premiere as well.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Missing keyboard shortcuts in Link Media dialog

In the Link Media dialog ("use Media Browser to locate files" enabled), in Locate File subwindow:
    With the chosen file highlighted, Enter/Return doesn't work. Enter/Return should be mapped to "OK" button.

Upon hitting OK and returning to the Link Media window,
    "Locate" is properly highlighted but Enter/Return doesn't work.

Workarounds:
    1. In the Locate File subwindow, use double-click.
    2. Upon returning to the Link Media window, use the space bar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow the ability to set the default color of markers.

The default drab green marker is easy to miss on dull grey timeline backgrounds.
    For example, I'd love to be able to set the default to red. Red pops on a timeline. I use it to mark the beginning and end of a specific length cut, eg. a :30 sec spot or a 2:30 sec trailer.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please provide Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) user interface

It's too dame to use such ugly and totally bad translation Simplify Chinese (Mainland China) user interface, I do really like to use English if there have NO Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Multicam Timeline - Clip in track length indicator

In a multicam sequence, I often have a safety shot that runs the length of the sequence. Then some secondary cutaway shots, that are a bunch of seperate clips. When this track is selected in the multicam sequence, the render bars help indicate where these clips start and stop. (attached screenshot)

Currently, the clip render bar (red, yellow, green) updates whenever playback is stopped. Can this be updated in real time when you switch the track? It will be very helpful to see how much of the cutaway shot is still left, by referencing the render bar. This will reduce…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug: Changing workspaces rearranges timeline tabs

When you change between workspaces, the order of the timelime tabs you have open get rearranged randomly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Immediate sort of new items in bins

Currently when I create or rename an asset or bin, it stays in the same place out of order, and I have to toggle the Name column or use the Refresh Sort Order command to force Premiere to re-sort the bin and put things back into order. It would be great if it worked as in an operating system where the folder is immediately and automatically resorted upon creation of a new item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When mac users resize the screen, resize the app window to fit or provide a menu option to restore the app window to fit in the screen.

When mac users resize the desktop screen (such as occurs when disconnecting a laptop from a connected monitor), Adobe apps tend to move off the screen and cannot be resized. The Window > Zoom option is missing from the app menu, which is what a user would typically use to make the app fit in the new screen dimensions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My PC can't run Premier pro cc and after effect cc (2019) with QuadroP2000 but can run well by VFG on Mainboard

My PC can't run Premier pro cc and after effect cc (2019) with QuadroP2000
    I changed to Quadro P4000 but issue is still happen.
    I can run Premier Pro CC (2018) with Quadro P200 but Graphic template are not active (can not use).
    I use VGA on board for my Final test, It is really work both of Premier Pro CC and After Effect CC 2019 can run well. 
    Something wrong on Hardware or Driver of Quadro ? Did you test run on Window 10 before launch ?
    I prefer someone technical support remote to check on my pc.

My…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. My PC can't run Premier pro cc and after effect cc (2019) with QuadroP2000 but can run well by VFG on Mainboard

My PC can't run Premier pro cc and after effect cc (2019) with QuadroP2000
    I changed to Quadro P4000 but issue is still happen.
    I can run Premier Pro CC (2018) with Quadro P200 but Graphic template are not active (can not use).
    I use VGA on board for my Final test, It is really work both of Premier Pro CC and After Effect CC 2019 can run well. 
    Something wrong on Hardware or Driver of Quadro ? Did you test run on Window 10 before launch ?
    I prefer someone technical support remote to check on my pc.

My…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adobe Premiere Pro - REQUEST: Improve UI/UX and ADD Flags, Color Labels and filters to both files and folders like Adobe Lightroom

Improve the visual user interface/user experience similar to Adobe Lightroom.
    1. Make folders gray, not yellow Lightroom
    2. Add color labels to folders and files like Lightroom
    3. Add FLAGS (picked, unpicked, rejected) like Lightroom
    4. Filters like Lightroom, for (flagged, colored, retouched/modified, and etc)

Pretty much ALL of the functionality that we have enjoyed for years in Lightroom, to be available for Premiere Pro too.

This way I can decide and filter which files to use, or in what "stage" they are currently, and if they need to be "warp stabilized" or "color corrected" and ETC... the possibilities are…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Markers Duration as Subclip

Can you try to use Markers duration as Subclip.
    We could drag and drop from Markers panel to timeline. Trust me you will make many editors so happy with documentaries and long interview.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Search bins and Search bar have some bugs and unwanted behaviour

Some important options are greyed out when search bins are opened in a separate panel but available when search bins are expanded in the root panel.
    Also, Search bar reveals files and their folders, selecting all will result in selecting the containing folders with everything in them including the non-filtered files. Previously, premiere used to reveal the searched for items without their inclosing folder.

This thread for reference: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10296142#10296142

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Simpler way of color labeling

The whole right-click select, even for multiple files takes away time and makes the process less rewarding to access, even if it could save time when having to sort large projects.
    I suggest making the color label in the project manager click-able and the color options pop up in their own menu, as opposed to now where you have to drag all the way down and wait for the labels tab to open and show the choices.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. CLIENT NOTES WINDOW

A window where you can enter client notes that can be checked off upon completion. This way you will not have to leave Premiere Pro to review and check off completed notes.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create hotkeyable playback commands for specific playback rates (e.g. 25% 50% 100% 200% 400%)

I bought a ShuttlePRO v2 and I want it to work better in Premiere. Because the shuttle can only simulate keystrokes, it has to rely on multiple presses of j and l as it switches between shuttle positions. This limits the range of shuttle speeds since j and l only allow speeds at and above 100%, and shift+j and shift+l are too granular since the shuttle only has 15 zones.

To improve this, what I propose is the addition of commands that activate specific playback speeds; for example;

ctrl-shift-7 - reverse 800%
    ctrl-shift-6 - reverse 400%
    ctrl-shift-5 - reverse 200%…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Switching Workspaces Bug: Source Monitor controls overlap

When switching between workspaces the source monitors's playhead and zoom scroll bar overlap each other making them unusable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. BUG: Copy/Paste clip in timeline doesn't keep attributes

When you've modified clip attributes such as scale or position, then copy / paste that clip to a new place in the same timeline or separate timeline, the attributes are removed on the pasted clip.

Default media scaling preference is set to "Set to frame size" which should affect clips being edited from a source, but shouldn't affect timeline clips.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base