Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Crashes when changing the name of sequence in project window

In the project panel, when you click on a sequence and hit Enter to change the name, it is blank even when typing, and upon hitting Enter again to confirm changes (for text that can't be seen) Premiere crashes.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display full track name on timeline

There's lot of screen real estate were lost from not optimized screen space. Like there's plenty of space here but the tracks name are not displayed fully (the full name is Atmos Stereo 1). Please fix these. Thank you.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How about you don't fix what isn't broken?

Brand new High End PC. Fresh installation of the latest version of Adobe. First time use today. 8 crashes and counting. Perhaps you consider new ideas you could fix the stability first and stop trying to fix things that don't need fixing. Used to Have CS5 and NEVER crashed.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to keep shared projects when deleting unused

There needs to be an option to keep shared projects when deleting unused media. That, or allow individual media to be set to locked meaning that the item cannot be manually or automatically deleted while the lock is enabled. That could be confusing, though, since the lock could be taken to mean read-only, which wouldn't be the case. Perhaps a different symbol would be needed such as a chain link.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Search Bin with Single Reference to Each Clip

The Search Bin is the beginning of a good idea. But if I'm working on a long-form project with lots of media, some clips may appear in multiple bins and in multiple iterations of my sequence. If I want to create a search bin then, I will likely see multiple copies of a given clip. This is not helpful. I'd like the option of seeing only one copy.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug Report - Support for dual screen for Premiere Pro CC 2018 does not work properly

I have two screens. If all of the windows for PPro CC 2018 are on the primary screen if I press Ctrl - tilde the screen plays full screen and if I press the keys again it is no longer in full screen mode. OK so far.

However if I move the Project and Media Browser windows to the second screen the Ctrl-Tilde no longer works on the primary screen.

I have the latest version of Windows 10 (Build 16299 with an NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card (just updated) with a iCore 7-6850k Intel CPU and 64Gb RAM

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A quick way to navigate metadata display & manage columns

To navigate between presets of metadata display now we have to go through a right click then select them in a menu then press OK. How about we have like a menu right in the project panel level to select between metadata display presets? It would use 2 clicks instead of 5. A keyboard shortcuts to change between the presets in the active panel is a bonus.

Also, when right clicking a column, an option to hide it would be useful.

Thank you

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. duration window

It would be great if there was a duration window that you could place where you like, just as you can the timecode window. Would also be great if you could do the same with source timecode and pull down which track you want to monitor.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. More cohesive UX between CC applications

I always want a more seamless experience moving between illustrator, after effects, and premiere. It’d be nice to have an alternative hot key mapping which makes the pen tool P in after effects, or have the ability to shape a mask in premiere like you move a vector around in illustrator.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow L*a*b* -values in Color Picker

Hi,

Photoshop has an excellent color picker that allows user to input Lab*-values and then converts those values to a corresponding RGB-values based on the color profile of your working space (in Premiere Pro this should be Rec. 709). Similar functionality would be great addition to Premiere and extremely useful when dealing with brand colors.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Batch ReLinking Media: Only getting audio files FIX THE GLITCH!!!

I now have to individually relink every clip because when I batch relink, every video clip after the first one only relinks the audio. It is so bizarre. This has never been an issue until the most recent upgrades to Premiere, and I don't get it. Fix the glitch!!!!!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to Add/Subtract Label Colors in Preferences Window

I don't like using a lot of label colors beyond the default colors. Please allow me the ability to add or remove as many as I want.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Grey on grey bin 'highlighting' needs changing

Grey on grey highlighting needs changing. Finding clips in a busy project bin that have been highlighted (Reveal in project) pale grey against mid grey is showing very little application of Adobe grey cells. Allow users to choose a highlight colour (blue/red/green) that snaps out and allows us to get on with the editing. I don't want to have to trawl about to find something that is supposed to be highlighted! Either that or highlight it in white; the clue is in the name really...

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. USB Type C Dock crashes

My MacBook Pro only has USB Type C connectors so I have a Alogic Tripe display docking station - ALOGIC Triple Display UNIVERSAL Hybrid Docking Station – USB-C & USB 3.0 with 4K and Power Delivery - (https://www.alogic.co/alogic-triple-display-universal-hybrid-docking-station-usb-c-usb-3-0-with-4k-and-power-delivery.html)

I run CC 2018 - then opened my 2017 project, assets came up in bottom left and conversion started but everything else black and spinning coloured disc, tried this about 6 different times and waited up to 10 minutes, no go.

Disconnected my USB Type C dock, so now only MacBook screen. Opened CC 2018, opened 2017 project, loaded and…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix cambria and cambria math

Those two fonts have a text cursor much bigger than the text and the empty space below the last line has to be pressed to select the last line

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug: Timecode window audio is inaccurate

Thanks for the multiple track display but...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0x82koswes5woch/Error%20in%20new%20TC%20display.png?dl=0 shows that the timecode in the new timecode window is not accurate for audio with 25fps footage.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Synch phone with Creative Cloud

It would be great to be able to synch your phone with Creative Cloud to receive updates when task are completed such as rendering, exporting, dvd authoring, etc.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Feedback to prevent unwanted deletion/overwriting of clips

This is a feature that is extremely easy to implement and improves the user experience extremely.

It would be great to have feedback that tells the user that he is about to overwrite one clip with another clip. It would be grat if the border of a clip turns red, when it is moved above another clip. This is extremely useful, especially if the user only looks at a smaller part of the timeline.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base