Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create an option for the Surface tablet

I would like to request that the rest of the adobe suite be put on the Surface tablets. As a photographer and videographer I felt the surface would allow me to perform everything I needed to and loved the design. I was extremely disappointed when I learned that rush and the rest of the suite I purchased were not available for my tablet/laptop

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AE Mask Path Keyframe

Hi, I am an AE user for 8 years now. I've been using select all keyframes in some scenarios in (Position, Scale, Anchor, Rotation) like if I want to adjust an overall size, position etc. I'm just wondering if this is possible as well in the Mask Path? Because I want to select all the keyframes inside the Mask Path but the adjustment only applies to one keyframe. This is contrary to my intention which is to adjust the overall path.

I hope this small feature will be available in the near future.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Bryan
    Editor | Majid Al…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Request to be able to modify Subtitle text to create superscript symbols like SM

I'm currently making subtitles and the product name requires an SM like a ™ and I can't highlight the SM and reduce the font size or move the baseline height without it affecting the whole sentence

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Caption track height.

How can I adjust the Caption track height. It appears half size and I can't do anything to make it appear as it's normal height! Is it a bug

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Changing a small selection of a label's color now changes everything instead of the selected clip

When you select a few clips to change the label color, it used to only color that selection. Now everything that was that clip's file has its color changed. I assume this is a bug? If not, how do I fix this? Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unable to edit subtitles in the new Text window without closing and reopening it

I have this bug at least once every time I sit down to transcribe some subtitles to a timeline. I usually have the Text window up on my second screen and then work my way through the video, pressing the plus sign icon in the Text window, and typing in the subtitles one by one. At seemingly random times during this process I get this bug where the Text window just locks up. The program itself isn't crashing or anything, it's just that I can't click on a subtitle in the Text window to edit it, there's just nothing happening…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stop the captions edit screen from scrolling while editing.

Love the new captions workflow, thanks! While it is quite accurate, it's not always perfect in its transcriptions and so editing is usually required. When I double click on a caption segment to edit, the first thing it does is scroll up a bit, presumably to keep the current/selected caption centered vertically. However, this slows down the editing process since I can't do anything during the second or two while that is happening, especially when many edits are needed. If you could stop it from scrolling, or at least provide an option to turn that off when needed, I think…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ins and Outs When Opening Sequence in Source Monitor

When a sequence has an in and out point set, and is then dragged to the source monitor, the in and out point remain in the timeline, but do not show in the source monitor. They also cannot be used to cut into another sequence until you go back to the timeline and set them again. This seems like a bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BUG: Timeline clip label colors disappear when changing to list view in Project Panel

Here is a new bug I am dealing with today. I am editing a multicam sequence and during the process I have used clip label colors to organize sections of the edit. In the project panel if I switch from icon view to list view all these labels disappear and the whole timeline reverts to the multicam clip's default label color. Reverting back to icon view does not restore my clip label colors. I have attached a video showing this bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What version of PPro are you running?

We’ve tried, but haven’t been able to reproduce this behavior.

It seems like what happens during a “sideways sync” (changes made in one open Productions project, being reflected into other open Productions projects); there is a slight delay while the update takes place.

Also, could be related to the new label colors feature..but switching from icon to list view shouldn’t impact that.

If you toggle the “Show Source Clip Name and Label” item in PPro’s timeline wrench menu, does it restore their label colors?

10. Version 15 and 15.1 - can no longer disable embedded ARRI LUT on Alexa footage in source settings or "disable masterclip effects"

Premiere imports Arri LogC footage with the preview LUT from the camera embedded. In older versions of the software, this could be disabled as a masterclip effect or in the source monitor. This is no longer possible and becoming a huge problem for color workflow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Missing timeline zoom shortcut

We have these shortcuts for zooming the timeline:
    "Application-Sequence-Zoom In/Out"
    "Application-Zoom to Frame"
    "Application-Zoom to Sequence"

The first one is tied to a specific panel, the two last ones are tied to the active panel.
    The last two only change the zoom level of the timeline. But the first one "Sequence-Zoom" zooms the active panel. So when I'm in the Source or Program Monitor (I like switching between them with the "Toggle Src-Prg Monitor") I cannot zoom into the timeline.
    There should be different shortcuts for zooming the timeline/timebar of the monitors and the behaviour of "Sequence-Zoom" should match the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unexpected behavior/Bug: Application Shortcuts not working in some panels (15.4)

Some key combinations do not work in the source/program monitor.
    Two different situations:

1. I set the up/down arrow key as "zoom in/out sequence"
      In the source monitor it zooms the timeline of its panel (not the main timeline unfortunately) but in the program monitor it behaves like the default up/down in the timeline, jumping to next/prev clip.
      Tested in version 12. There it behaves correctly in both monitors.

2. Set alt-q/w to "set in/out marker". In both monitors it deletes those markers. Only in the timeline it works as expected. This problem also exists in version 12. I see it as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BAD IDEA: Workspaces have been relocated into a dropdown

The new dropdown button, then selecting a workspace is a very poor idea.

We use this all the time to switch between layout. ie. editing, graphics, effects, user defined

Now I have to go to a button, look down a list to find it, and then click on it.

Too many button presses and too much effort to change a workspace, and sometime you click on the wrong one in the list.

Please put it back the way it was. Having each workspace at the top of the screen is clear, simple and easy to use.

The beta notes say:…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mask tool is inaccurate

Under the Opacity drop down, I create a square mask, I select two points on the same side, I hold down Shift and drag and the mask jumps slightly and does not maintain a perfect square. This has been an issue for years. The Shift/Drag option does not operate as well as it does in After Effects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. (macOS) Prevent Home window from floating over all apps

When I launch Premiere, then switch to another app to keep working, Premiere’s Home window opens and covers my entire screen and is floating over all my other apps and windows, preventing me from finishing whatever I was doing.

The Home window should:
    1) Never float over all apps. On macOS, the Home window uses the “small window titlebar”/“palette window” style with thin titlebars. In other apps, these windows automatically hide when the parent app is no longer frontmost. The Home window ignores this macOS convention.

2) Does not need to fill my entire screen. Yes, I want Premiere's standard…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disability Discrimination

I work in vocational rehabilitation - helping people with disabilities get jobs. The text interface for transcripts is not acceptable for people who are visually impaired.

I am not visually impaired, but I do wear glasses/contacts. Even with the brightness and contrast turned all the way up in all levels, it is barely readable to me.

Do better.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Update the Legacy Title Tool!

Okay...when are you updating the Legacy Title so it actually works. Here are a few points:

1. It won't remember the size of the window when you change between titles. And between projects. Even though you've set the size of the individual "frames/windows" to what you want, and saved it as a preset. It is completely turned around everytime you open it.

2. When you dublicate or copy a title to make a new one, you want to keep the excact same settings from the last one. The kerning, leading etc. value. But it will delete it, the moment you start changing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give the mouse scroll wheel the same basic functionality it has in After Effects. Please!

There's no question about it: in terms of mouse scroll wheel functionality, After Effects is great and Premiere Pro falls flat!

Why not give some of AE's basic scroll wheel functionality to Pr? After all, aren't both programs made by the same company and meant to work hand in hand with each other?

Great scroll wheel functionality also exists inside Pr itself, but unfortunately, only in the Timeline.

The new Text window in Pr 15.1 Beta also adds something never seen before in Pr yet a long time feature of AE: the ability to click-hold the scroll wheel to temporarily…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. バージョン22.0.0 BETA ビルド70を立ち上げ時にDebug Assert Failed!が出ます。

Premiere Pro(Beta)Debug Event

Debug Assert Failed!
    Function: dvaappsupport::analytics::SDMValidator::LoadDirectory
    Last Error: 0
    Assert Dialog Show:true
    Unique Hash: 90bb545d-5707-b7b7-6ce9-010400000040
    -------------- StackTrace --------------
    dvaappsupport::analytics::SDMUsageLogger::SetOptOut
    dvaappsupport::analytics::SDMTransport::LoadBundledDictionariesSync
    boost::enablesharedfromthis<twisted::ConcurrencyPrimitive>::~enablesharedfromthis<twisted::ConcurrencyPrimitive>
    dvacore::test::Terminate
    dvacore::threads::CreateSubExecutorWithFunctionWrapper
    dvacore::threads::AdaptCurrentEventLoopAsExecutor
    dvacore::threads::GetProcessIDsForName
    TpSetPoolStackInformation
    TpReleaseCleanupGroupMembers
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlUserThreadStart

Ignore Alwaysを押せば作業はできます。
    ただし、ソースモニターから素材を編集すると強制終了します。
    プロジェクトから直接編集すると作業を継続できます。
    環境はエディション:Windows10 Home
    バージョン:21H1
    OSビルド: 19043.1200
    エクスペリエンス:Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. (Consistency/Quality-of-Life) Add middle mouse pan functionality

I've seen this posted many times, but I'm hoping to see a serious consideration from Adobe reps.

Programs that currently have middle mouse hand tool functionality:

Adobe Audition
    Adobe Illustrator
    Adobe After Effects
    Even Adobe Media Encoder

As a professional motion designer, I switch back and forth between all of these constantly. In the interest of UX consistency across software, I'd think it'd be a huge quality-of-life improvement to add a small detail like this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base