Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. timeline scale bar along bottom

Please make the timeline scale bar work better so that when i drag one side THE OTHER SIDE STAYS PUT!!!!!!!! Getting so tired of having to readjust timeline view when i scale one end and the other moves too. Dumb... unless there is a shortkey I need to hold down to keep either end from moving???

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Using the old import & export menus in Premiere Pro

I believe they tried to make it more beginner-friendly, however, beginners become advanced with time and users who understand the software care about efficiency more than a good-looking UI, which includes travel distance between buttons, and a delay-free experience as much as possible. I would like to have an option in preferences to toggle between the old menu and the new one. About the import menu - same problem: longer travel distance, slow feedback from Premiere's new file explorer, and a bigger UI with fewer data visible at once. I honestly consider going back to a previous release just because…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Vertically Stack Overlapping Markers in Timeline View

It can be useful to have timeline markers that overlap each other, when one or more markers have a duration.

The current behavior of Premiere 15 is that a selected marker will be brought to the front and rendered on top of other markers. This can cause some markers to appear hidden behind the front-most, making it a challenge to know if other markers are present behind it.

It would be beneficial to have markers stack vertically in the timeline view, with a vertical frame that can be expanded with the user's mouse and scrolled vertically with the mouse, to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. All media loaded line not there anymore in premiere 2022

Hi! I stumbled across the absence of the "All media loaded" line at the bottom left of premiere.
    In the 2021 version it counted the remaining media. Would be nice if it returns. Now you have no clue how long you must wait till all the media is loaded.

Greetings,
    Rolf

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow .txt importing into transcription panel

The new auto-transcribe integration is great, but what's missing is the ability to import .txt files from transcription companies/transcribers directly into Premiere.

Simply put: a typical documentary workflow involves sending out transcriptions to third-parties for clarity/accuracy, and then the latter providing .txt files back with timecode. Being able to import these directly into Premiere sequences in the transcription panel would be hugely helpful for all documentary post workflows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. タイムラインのタブについて

タイムラインに複数のタブがある時、一番左に見えているタブのクローズボックスが左端に必ず見えるようにしてほしい。タブを閉じる時にとても不便なので。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Restore Windows File Explorer dialog windows for new projects and exports

The Windows File Explorer is an integral part of any program's file operations, whether it be creating new projects, opening existing documents, or being able to rename and delete items. Removing this core Windows application process from Premiere's New Project dialog and the Project Export dialog adds unnecessary steps to an otherwise simple process. Windows File Explorer is available for all programs for a reason, especially for Premiere, a program that relies on lots of user files and project management tasks.

The new UI has removed the ability to see what files are in the selected project folder when creating…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give us the ability to move the new Import and Export UI to a 2nd monitor

Given that the new UI takes over the entire screen, it makes more sense to dedicate one monitor for this new I/O concept, and allow my existing workspace to co-exist separately (in my case, a 2nd UHD monitor).

This would give me back the ability to see the timeline I'm exporting (which - believe it or not - assures the editor he or she is actually exporting the correct timeline).

More importantly, it prevents this new I/O window from getting in the way of the editor, and negates the need for header bar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Customization of New Integrated Header Bar

Please allow for customization of the new integrated Header Bar. Import & Export (along with Edit) are larger text points, but Importing & exporting are features I don't use very often except at the project start finish, plus I have fast keys assign to the functions so they are just taking up space in the header bar. Now the workspaces "tabs" are much smaller point size and smooshed together. These I use regularly as I'm switching between workspaces for quick graphics, sound or color correction fixes. So now I have three nicely space tabs with larger text (Import, Edit, Export)…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. DONT CHANGE EXPORT UI!

You are fg *! Who told you it's necessary to change the export UI. THE are so many **** tutorial about the old version. Are you ******* stupid? TURN it back!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Link Media dialog box file list export

The Link Media dialog box has long needed the ability to export all that detailed information about what's missing in a more readable manner (CSV?) than by taking multiple screen shots, especially when the list is long. A vendor sent me a project file package that's missing the media. I'm sending a screen shot but one won't capture it all and two screen shots will duplicate portions of the list. Being able to send the vendor a spreadsheet file of this same information would be great. Seems like this is would be much appreciated feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. User interface accessibility: How many laws are Adobe violating?

The user interface's lack of contrast makes the entire application extremely difficult for people with any sort of vision impairment to use. The slider between black and light grey background is a good start, but is completely useless without the ability to change the light text color (and preferably size as well).

This is only a small example of the poor accessibility of this program's user interface. Abobe really needs to take this seriously.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export Media screen is blurry

Export Media screen is blurry since the update to 22.3. (Also Media Encoder 22.3 freezes mid-way through encoding.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Revisit bin metadata views

There's a lot of clip metadata available (eg via metadata window, or right click 'properties') that is not available in bin views.

Eg ...

Audio track bext/ixml info (mixL mixR radio1 etc)

ColourSpace info (slog3, arri logc etc) and input transforms/LUTs used.

Camera make, model, serial#

EVS clip info (cam label, TCindate etc) - never seen this in PP. Avid gets it from mxf I think.

Plus the whole interface for choosing/organising/hiding columns + saving presets could be way more efficient.

Mainly need to be able to choose + overwrite stored bin views without having to go into metadata entry…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Could you not have at least provided a warning/advance notice you were going to make this change. This is a complete blindside.

Have you made a tutorial video of any kind giving direction on how to navigate these new changes? If so, please direct.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bug: Changing to Workspace Causes Sequence to Disappear from Timeline

I have a workspace setup for trimming. It closes the Source monitor and maximizes the project monitor to fill the screen side to side. When I switch to this workspace, it normally causes my sequence to close and the timeline to be empty. Oddly I can still see the edit up in the source monitor, now in trim mode, but I can't do anything to it. Clicking any sequence no longer causes it to load in the timeline, but brings up a new empty window.

The only thing that seems to fix this bug is to close Premiere and open…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve workflow switching speed and responsiveness

I don't like the speed of switching workspaces, the switch is not instant, and can take several seconds.
    While working on a single-monitor system, this is especially annoying.
    I usually make hundreds of switches during the working day, and each one of them lags. My system is an i9-10900K, 64GB of RAM, M2 SSD, RTX 3070Ti, latest Windows 10, so the system configuration is not an issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multi-project workflow should be like tabs in Google Chrome

I don't like how multiple projects, while open, integrate randomly into each other. Please consider making individual pages for projects, just like tabs in Google Chrome.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base