Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. marker size

Working with markers of any duration longer than 0:00, it would be extremely helpful if the "go to next/previous marker" shortcuts could be adjusted to let the user navigate between the start AND endpoints of a marker.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. wont load video

I searched the help boards for several hours, very frustrating BS. Every time I try and upload a video for a new project, it says unable to load or won't play. Explain why I am paying for something that doesn't work?????

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Marker Upgrade

When you place makers on a clip in the source viewer it would be great if there were a way to see in the 'Project' window or the clip's associated bin, that the clip contained a marker. Additionally if you placed multiple markers on a clip, there would be a drop down triangle next to the clip - when viewed in its bin - that when clicked revealed all of that clip's applied markers, and double-clicking one took you to the marker location in the source window.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. sequence settings display format bug?

Hi,

I haven't seen this posted here, and I may be missing something stupid, but whenever I try to change Sequence settings, the display format only gives me the option of choosing the Frames mode. Even if I don't make any changes to the sequence, by just opening Sequence settings and clicking okay, as is, it still changes the display format to Frames and doesn't allow me to change it back in any way that I am able to see.

Anyone familiar with this, what am I missing?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase size of text entry box on Adobe User Voice website!

See illustration

Text entry on the Adobe Support Community website is GREAT!
    -resizable text box
    -full-featured (options for bold, italic, underline, lists, etc)

So why is the text box on Adobe User Voice so HORRIBLE???
    -TINY non-resizable text box
    -zero text entry features

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. X-Touch Control Surface - Shuttle Wheel Slow

In Premiere Pro, my X-Touch control surface shuttle wheel only moves the playhead forward or backward one frame at a time. In Audition, I am able to set a preference to make it shuttle faster.

Please change the shuttle behavior to move the playhead by larger/smaller steps based on the velocity of the shuttle wheel and the level of timeline zoom.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Marker window tab order should be more logical

Currently, when you tab through the fields of the Add Marker window, it goes from the name to the comment field, skipping over the duration field. Then there are eight tab presses to go through the different marker colors, although they are not highlighted when you tab through them, so it's not really intuitive, then you can tab through the comment marker, chapter marker, etc. radio buttons, then you go through the OK, cancel, etc. buttons. Only after all of that do you get to the marker duration field, which visually, should be the very first field you tab to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve the fx menu's design: remove redundant sub-menus and add 'All Clips' buttons!

The design of the fx menu (for selecting which keyframes get displayed in the Timeline) could be greatly improved with 2 simple changes:

1. Remove redundant sub-menus! How is Opacity > Opacity or Time Remapping > Speed at all useful? These redundant sub-menus waste time!

2. Add 'All Clips' buttons next to each keyframe option. This would make it easy for users to change the displayed keyframes of all their Timeline clips at once! Most users edit Motion and Opacity keyframes in the ECP, so this button would give users who need to edit the Speed settings of several clips an easy…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto-scroll to selected Bin item when minimizing Bin window

1. Hover your mouse over an open Bin folder with lots of assets inside.

2. Press ~ to maximize the Bin to full-screen.

3. Scroll around until you find the thing you want.

4. Select it.

5. Press ~ to minimize the Bin.

Expected: The minimized Bin window should be automatically scrolled so that the thing you just selected is still viewable.

Actual: It isn't.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Scale the text size of the "Position" values under Effect Controls as you change the panel size shorter than its limit

When scaling the Effect Controls panel in width size, if you make it very small the Y value under Motion > Position will begin to overlap on the keyframe button which will render you almost unable to press the keyframe button unless you can hover your cursor over it in a very specific position. I believe this can be fixed if once the overlapping begins, rather than overlapping the numbers, maybe the text size of the values can scale smaller with the panel

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Audio, Video and Template Import from Creative Cloud

It would be nice to be able to store audio, video and motion graphic files on Creative Cloud and have it accessible in After Effects.

When I uploaded my music tracks to CC, the library was available in After Effects, but I could not drag and drop it onto my composition. Instead, the audio track was gray and would not let me import it from the library. Is this something they can fix?

Thanks so much!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [bug] Default presets always get restored in Essential Sound Panel

The Essental Sound Panel in Premiere Pro offers the option to delete default presets (eg. "Balanced Female Voice"). The deleted presets always get restored however as soon as you reboot Premiere Pro. A deleted preset should remain deleted as this enables you to unclutter the dropdown and remove presets you never ever use.

This happens on a Feature Restricted (connected) License. Tested this behavior in Premiere versions 14.0.4 and 14.4.0.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make effects panel, captions panel, markers panel, essential graphics panel and others more efficient through keyboard.

Make effects panel, captions panel, markers panel, essential graphics panel and others more efficient through keyboard. I can use shortcut to jump to those panels but making changes inside them is very limited. I would like to be able to browse and apply effects, jump between captions and change text, browse effects templates etc.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make audio clip color clear please

Can you please add a feature that makes the audio clip color on the timeline clear/transparent? AVID MC default audio clip color is transparent and it makes a big difference when it comes to being able to see the wave-forms and also see the small text on the wave forms and also makes a big difference seeing your audio markers. I know you can change the color of your audio clips but clear is not an option and would be super helpful.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Squeeze timeline

The ability to squeeze the premiere pro timeline, so that it's easier to access distant clips (clips that are far away in timeline).
    For ex, I am working on a sequence, there is an instance in my timeline where I need to work with similar clips at some other point far away in the timeline. So if I have an option like Squeezing timeline, I can start working with the two distant clips at the same time, without having to scroll across the timeline hundred times.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow 2+ Time Remapping keyframes to be moved at the same time

Why can only 1 Time Remapping keyframe be moved at a time? This is inconsistent with all other effects. Consistency is king! ;)

This is especially frustrating when slipping a clip with Time Remapping keyframes, since the keyframes slip as well and can only be moved back into place one at a time, usually messing up the whole Time Remap.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Essential Graphics Is AWFUL

I get that you're trying to make Premiere Pro more palatable, but eliminating a key feature that core users have trusted for years and then replacing it with something tin-canny and crummy is... awful. Are you guys trying to kill your own product?

I don't like how it:
    - changes my workspace the second I click graphics. Let me control my workspace!
    - completely negates all of the previous work we had done with titles.
    - removes the titles feature completely - really, who the ****'s idea was that?
    - "essentially" removes the Pro from Premiere Pro.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Instance of Lumetri effect displayed in Lumetri Color panel should follow selection in ECP!

Whenever there are 2 or more Lumetri effects on a clip, selecting one of them in the Effect Controls panel should automatically select the corresponding version in the Lumetri Color panel!

This would avoid, for example, the confusion of a user selecting the first of 2 Lumetri effects in the ECP and then unknowingly proceeding to editing the second instance in the Lumetri Color panel by mistake.

Only being able to change which instance of Lumetri is displayed in the Lumetri Color panel through that panel's own drop down menu is not intuitive at all.

An intuitive design would be: …

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Edit Pop-up Window Placement

Especially for multi-monitor setups, please allow the pop-up placement of menu windows to be editable/saveable.

As an example, I have my main timeline and program/source on a main monitor (center). My bin is on a monitor to my left along with libraries, effects etc.

If I right-click an item in my bin and choose a context menu item that opens another window, that window always opens in the center of the main monitor.

This creates a lot of travel time for multiple repetitive tasks. Right-click, edit audio interface, travel back to main window, select options, ok, travel back to side…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Scrolling during drag & drop

It whould be great if I'll be able to use the mouse scrolling wheel during drag&drop action inside the project files window. When I want to move a video file into a bin, I need to drag at the top of window and wait for scrolling.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base