Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Flip image" button under Sequence/Program window

In the button editor under the Program tile/window, I wish there was a button that would easily toggle on/off a horizontal image flip. A lot of artists/graphic designers/photo editors use this function in other software because it's a lot easier to see what you are doing. You get blind to any changes when you look at the same image for an extended period of time, but when easily flipping back and forth beetween a flipped image your mind can see the changes you made much more easily. It makes for a way better creative process during color correction etc, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug with transcription to caption interface.

After you create an auto-transcription and hit "Create Captions", there is an issue with the dialogue box that comes up. In the "Style" drop down menu, when you go to select a style, it appears as if "none" is still selected even when you click on another style. It does, in fact, use whatever style you clicked on when you click the blue "create" button, but it doesn't appear to show any changes in the drop down menu. Screenshots attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Interface layout has a LOT of blank wasted space

hi there, the Premier interface has long had just SO MUCH wasted space, please make it more efficient or just give us the ability to get rid of things wholesale,

e.g. the buttons below the program monitor, they can all go (I understand some people like them and may consider it a reasonable use of the space, but I don't and I don't and I would like the option to straight reclaim that screen-real estate)

that bar above the timeline - about 3 times as tall as it needs to be - just why?

I have to go back to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Default Icon View Should Sort by File Name

In the Project and Bin folders, the default icon sort order is "User Order", which would be fine, except it just sorts everything randomly by default, so it's not actually useful until the user sorts the files manually, or changes to a different sort view. This seems like not a very good default behavior.

However, if the User Order started with clips in "Label" order (aka by File Name), instead of random chaos, then the default view would be immediately useful for 99% of all users, and users would still be able to manually sort as needed without even having…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Custom Shortcuts for "Butto Editor"

People who are trying to use their mouse/stylus/touch more could really benefit from creating custom shortcuts as buttons to place under the program monitor.

And the option to scale these buttons would be very useful for touch interfaces as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Background Scene Edit Detection

I love automatic scene edit detection - can really speed up some workflows.

Now imagine this - you can opt in to "background scene edit detection" that rather than applying cuts could instead create clip markers - making it easy to snap to cuts with the playhead but without having to slice your clips into bits.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mini map type window/widget of the timeline

So whilst we're working in the micro in a timeline we can see how what we are doing affects the whole timeline.

It would also be useful to be able to drag and drop elements into and out of it, as well as navigate with the mini map.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. make a timelinepreference option so timeline track height settings saved with workspaces

make a timelinepreference option so timeline track settings like hight and position can be saved with workspaces

so when working in color workspace audiotracks can be small, when working in audio workspace audiotracks can be big - customizable of course

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Text Tool Controls

Something simple, but ironically ESSENTIAL that's missing from the new Text Tool but is in Legacy Title Tool is the ability to move text or elements by holding a modifier key (command/control). I constantly have to click out of the window, switch to the arrow tool, then click back in, otherwise I would type an "a" for example.

Also, the Transform + 180 shutter speed trick to get motion blur on clips doesn't work on the new Text Tool, but DOES WORK on Legacy Titles. I use this function a lot for GFX sliding in and out. Another option, of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please offer Czech language for subtitling and transcrption. Thanks! Stay safe!

Please offer Czech language for subtitling and transcrption. Thanks! Stay safe!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. suggestions for naming conventions and transition per project

Ok, I would like to suggest for Dynamic Linking from Premiere to After Effects.

When you REPLACE WITH AN AFTER EFFECTS COMPOSITION
    a name prompt should pop up with:: Name your new composition (or something like that) and once you name it. It appears on the timeline,bin and After effects with that name as well.

I think this would be a great way to keep comp files organized
    and for the editor to keep track of.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 炸音

前面使用都不卡顿 忽然今天开始卡顿和炸音

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug: Pr 15.2 can't import effect presets from previous version of Pr

v15.2 and v15.3 beta can't import or use an "Effect Presets and Custom Items" (i.e. PRFPSET) file from previous versions of Pr.

This makes the newest versions of Pr UNUSABLE for pro editors that have created tons of presets over time and rely on them to edit!

Is there a fix in the works for this?
    Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Text panel - add note Tab

It would be really handy if the Text Panel had a Notes Tab. I would like to stay within the Premiere ecosystem and not have to reframe Premiere or jump between Apps for a voice-over script or feedback or just some info that I need to be referring back to. if this also had the ability to open basic text file then great, but even if I can just cut and paste out of an email or a document would be handy..

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. photoshopのようにユーザーインターフェイスを作ってほしい

windowsで文字設定を大きくすると作業画面が小さくなりすぎてしまい文字設定を小さくすると作業画面が大きくなって良いのですが文字が小さすぎて見にくいです。photoshopのように文字の大きさを変えるユーザーインターフェイスを導入していただきたいです。よろしくお願い致します。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The way you changed around the captions is absolutely horrible.

This is just all around bad. You've made it so that none of my new captions will match my old settings. Even mirroring the settings doesn't bring about the same effects. And why aren't settings kept consistent when adding new lines to the same caption file? I have to re input the font and stroke settings each time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd love a feature for customising the tools symbols in Premiere Pro.

I may be a minority here, but I am wanting to change the cut/razor tool to something like a pair of scissors. I find the blade difficult to look at due to past experiences, and though the blade never used to bother me, I've just started a full time job as a videographer and having to look at it everyday is getting quite hard for me. Again, its definitely a minority thing so I don't assume it'll change, but worth mentioning.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base