Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Error alerts should be given in "time code" instead of "frame number".

With frame numbers, it is very difficult to tell where the error is occurring.
    Users usually edit based on the time code.
    I'd like to know the time code.

For example: x 35576 -> ◯ 00:19;47;02

リクエスト:エラーアラートの表示は「フレーム番号」ではなく「タイムコード」で教えてほしい

フレーム番号だと、どこがエラーを起こしているのかとてもわかりにくい。
    普段はタイムコードを基準として編集している。
    タイムコードで教えてほしい。

例:× 35576  → ◯ 00:19;47;02

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Option to not include filetype in the bins

I like the way to import footage to PP, but I'd like to not see .MXF after all my files (or .MP4) or whatever filetype it is, as I'm also outputting for clients the filename using the Filename overlay effect, so I have to manually remove the .MXF from the bin in the name to get it to show cleanly.

This would be great to see.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Have video track name appear beside eyeball icon when tracks are small

I often rename video tracks, but the names do not appear unless the tracks are quite big; see attached screenshots. There is plenty of wasted space to the right of the track visibility (eyeball) icon - why not use this for the track's name, then it could appear all the time? Maybe it'd be truncated with an "..." at the end if the name is long, but if you want to see the full name, that area can just be expanded. Currently, unless your track name is INCREDIBLY long, there's really no need to ever expand that area. So having…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dynamic Link Tracking / Duplicate Frames

Currently AE dynamic link clips in a timeline are "tracked" by After Effects project. An AE project can (and often does) contain multiple compositions. However, rather than recognizing different compositions as separate clips in the timeilne, Premiere recognizes only that such clips all come from one AE project and thus they are displayed as duplicate frames (with the duplicate frames indicator). This, of course, is inaccurate.

R.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New Projects Not Displaying on Home Screen / Recent

there is a bug in premier 22.1.2 (Windows 11) that after a project is created for the first time, and you save it, later to return to edit it, it doesn't display in the recent project's files list (when first starting premiere).

When you manually open a project, and later return to it, it does appear in the recent list on the home page of Premiere.

The recreate the issue these steps can be used with 100% repeatability.

1) Press "New Project" on the home screen and give it a new / unused file name

2) Add a sequence to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Global fx mute that also affects export

Need ability to turn temporarily turn off Lumetri (or perhaps all effects?) for export. Then turn them back on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. autosave unhiding Premiere Pro

Premiere is unhiding itself on the Mac while performing autosave. So if I've hidden premiere while typing an email the whole program will pop up covering my email while it autosaves. I can't then just hide premiere with (Command +H) I have to tab back over to the app and then back to mail then back to premiere to get it to hide again. 5 min later during the next autosave, have to do everything again. Very frustrating.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. version 14.5 - dual monitor bug

Since the update to 14.5.0, all panels that are on a secondary monitor (connected to a DisplayPort) are unresponsive to the keyboard, and items cannot be dragged and dropped.

For example, I have a workspace that has the source and program monitor panels, plus the productions and media browser panels on my primary monitor. The rest are arranged on my secondary monitor.

I can use key strokes in any of the panels on the primary monitor, for example, hitting the spacebar will toggle playback in the source and program panels. I can also drag and drop clips from the media…

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Exportable Report of all team project activity

I’d like to export reports of changes and collaborator activity history on team projects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. General bugs and improvements

Hi there!

A few things -

1. When opening a new project when an old one is open, please have only open the new project open, and not a combination of the 2

2. bug - program and source monitor both sometimes go black after editing for a while.

3. tends to freeze and my monitor switches off and on again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Workspaces (and any part of ur trash UI) work as intended.

Make it ******* work u clowns. ******* new saves in the profile every ******* time AND it never uses the right one. Another team head that need firing ASAP. Just find ******* people that have working experience on ANY other ******* UI and u people might save this terrible software. clowns all of u...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Color labelling tracks in timeline

We would need to be able to set a color to tracks in timeline. Itt will be easier to work when you have 10 tracks of the same grey and you like to set a specific track to a specific item (ex : title, call out).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display subtitles in frame.io

It would be good if the subtitle track could be included in the frame.io upload, either as a subtitle stream in the mp4 container, or as a sidecar file. Either way it would be useful to be able to turn them off and on.
    Even better would be the ability for reviewers to make edits to the subtitles in the frame.io interface, and galaxy brain level better would be for those edits to be brought back to Premiere.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sequence > Selection Follows Playhead Defaults

"Selection Follows Playhead" always defaults to "on" upon launch. It should reflect the last state in the app or the project (I always turn it off).

Any time after using the Lumetri panel, the "selection follows playhead" is turned on (regardless if it has been turned on or not). It should not automatically turn on, or if it is so desired for use with Lumetri, it should revert to user setting when moving outside the Lumetri panel.

R.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Lumetri Scopes Stackable?

Can we have the Lumetri Scopes be able to stack vertically or moveable in any orientation? I run both waveform and vector scopes and they are side by side(horizontally) in a window that uses all my vertical res. If they were able to stacked vertically I'd be able to see more of the scopes accurately. Thanks!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Double-click "Drag Video Only" Icon

First time submitting!

What if... you Double-clicked the "Drag Video Only" icon in the Source Panel, it would insert clip onto the timeline where the playhead currently is, on the first channel with its' targeting enabled. After this happens, snap the playhead to the end point of inserted clip. (So we can do it again and not overlap the new clip)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. dark mode for all finder / navigation to files PLEASE!!!

dark mode for all finder/navigation to files PLEASE!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New Frame.io integration isn't user friendly.

Previously when using the Frame.io extension in premiere, you were able to select it in the "Extensions" dropdown under "Window" and place that panel anywhere on your workspace.

Now the Frame.io option in the "Extensions" dropdown is gone. And the only way to access Frame.io is to click the new "Review" tab that completely changes your workspace to something different that does not work for me.

I used to have the Frame.io panel appear in my custom Workspace. But now it doesn't show up automatically, and I have to click "Reset To Saved Layout" for it to show up as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base