Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyboard shortcut to add keyframe to Transform>Position

I love that I get an automatic keyframe when I move an object (text in my case). The problem is when the text has been in the same position for a couple of frames and then needs to move to follow the character in the video. My mouse goes from the text, to the "Add Keyframe" button and then back to the text again which is just really tedious. I'd love to just move the text, scroll a few frames until the character moves, click my keyboard shortcut with my free hand and then scroll, move etc etc. A small…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Media Replacement Masks Bug

Masks and Essential Graphics appear offset in unpredictable ways in the MR "Open in Timeline" sequence. Appears to be linked to the scaling set with the MR dropdown or in Motion > Scale property.

UI elements for the Video Transform, Mask Paths, and Essential Graphics Shape paths are all offset from the the actual footage in the program monitor. This cripples editing within the MR timeline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make windows key a modifier on PC

Going from Mac to PC, one of the biggest issues I have is the loss of the Command key modifier. I used a Mac keyboard on PC as well and the Command key becomes a Windows key, which is essentially useless to me. I'd love an option for Premiere to override the Windows key functionality to be able to use it as a Modifier in Premiere, like Command.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sequence In/Out points listed in Project folder doesn't correspond with reality

Bug in Pr2022; I have my sequence built with a custom start time. If I set an i/o point on the sequence, it doesn't update/correspond with what's in the project panel. Same with the duration.

Also, it'd be nice to be able to right click-> copy the video duration....there's times that it's needed for logging.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sequence In/Out points listed in Project folder doesn't correspond with actual in/out points on timeline.

Bug in Pr2022; I have my sequence built with a custom start time. If I set an i/o point on the sequence, it doesn't update/correspond with what's in the project panel. Same with the duration.

Also, it'd be nice to be able to right click-> copy the video duration....there's times that it's needed for logging.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Workspaces

The beta version change in 2022, to the UI is not great. Now we have HOME - IMPORT - EDIT - EXPORT options in the top left. To switch workspaces, which i do often is a separate pull down window on the right. This is frustrating and slows down my workflow. The old way of having all the workspace tabs visible for quick access was much more efficient. I recommend returning to that or a parallel solution that offers similar, one-click availability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to Colour Code Sequence Tabs

Having the ability to colour code sequence tabs would be incredibly helpful, and could be used as an easy visual identifier for different categories of sequences (Broll, different cuts, etc).

I know this was suggested a few years back in a user voice, but it only received a few votes and wasn't commented on at all - so I'm suggesting it again!

I believe you can do this in final cut, so it'd be great to see it here!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. speech to text transcript for source files

Speech to text feature is great - but would be even better if it could analyse and transcribe source files and have the transcription follow to the sequence.

SImilarly a transcribed sequence should have the transcript edited if sections are lost or opened up - rather than require a re-transcription.

All very promising though

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Center + fit timeline vertically

When expanding/reducing track sizes or adding/removing tracks it would be useful if PP had an option to 'auto-fit' the timeline to the vertical space.

If you look at the way Avid deals with it you'd see what is possible.

(Obviously expanding too much and something has to go off screen)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Label

Ok.

So I am in the Project panel and I want to change the label color of a clip.
    Now I have to go the the label (by the way "Kennzeichnung" is not Label it could be but German editors understand the term label very good, so I don't understand why we ad german confusion to this point)

then I need to pick the color.

But I was on the label with the cursor...
    So Why do I not get a variation of color at this point.

To explain this in detail.
    This was the way we used to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. THERE SHOULD BE A PREMIERE PRO LITE

Yes I feel that you do have something going on there other than the fact that I hate that black screen with passion

I think there should be a Premiere Lite
    Yeah that's right a Premier Pro Lite

A more simplified version of the pro with pretty much the same features but just not all the dramatic hard things to reach
    A more simplified version for a person can get in there do some quick editing make some small adjustments and be on their way in creating their DVD or films whatever it is that they're doing

The pro is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. LET THE USERS DECIDE IF THEY WANT A BLACK OR WHITE BACKGROUND

I after using the premier program I do like it a lot
    But unfortunately I noticed lots of flaws especially when it comes to visually looking at the program

It's strange my eyes to look at this black screen with these gray letters it's just too painful I cannot take it his very bothersome and it's very annoying

And I'm surprised that no one's ever complained about this before or they just went along with it

I feel that I should be the user's choice to choose if they want a white background or a black background the black background…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Premiere Pro - RAM Filling up until computer crashes

I'm posting a new topic for this issue as the other 5-page thread isn't getting any replies from Adobe Support no more and this serious issue is impacting my work enourmously.

My Adobe premiere auto-updated to the latest 2021 version 15.2 and the **** started again :

As soon as I open Premiere my RAM starts to gain more and more every minute one GB Ram is added, without even having any footage in my timeline. After a while my computer freezes completely with the RAM filled up over my maximum amount (for example the activity monitor says that Premiere…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How much would you spend on a massage chair

Between sports and car accidents I've messed up my back pretty good. Thinking about buying one of those ridiculous massage pods to relax in. How much $ crosses the line from "therapeudic" to "douchebag?"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Nested sequences with audio

Getting very weird glitches that I've seemed to narrow down to a nested sequence with an audio track. When a timeline has a nested sequence in it, suddenly when I use the cursor to move a clip, there is no preview of where I'm dragging the clip. The clip stays in the place it currently is, and the timecode changes, but I can't actually see where I'm dragging the clip on the timeline until I release my mouse button and drop the clip. Other people have written about this issue and I don't understand how it's still a bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. autosave unhiding Premiere Pro

Premiere is unhiding itself on the Mac while performing autosave. So if I've hidden premiere while typing an email the whole program will pop up covering my email while it autosaves. I can't then just hide premiere with (Command +H) I have to tab back over to the app and then back to mail then back to premiere to get it to hide again. 5 min later during the next autosave, have to do everything again. Very frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Broken Link in Tutorial

The links in the tutorials point to a file path in 12.0 even though the current version is 15.0 resulting in files not found

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix the calculation in the Timecode Window

Please fix the math in the Timecode Window (v15.4). The timecode window does not properly compute the difference between 23.976 and 29.97. See attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Project Panel Bug - Can't Save "Open" Bins

Bins in the Project Panel no longer save the "open" state. When a project is closed and re-opened, all the bins are automatically all closed. This makes large projects very difficult to come back to, or collaborate on with others.

This is a new bug, and was introduced a few versions ago. Not sure which version was the culprit, but it's been since at least 15.2

Windows 10.0.19042
    Premiere 15.4.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base