Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open team project from desktop or creative cloud

Is there an easier way to save a few clicks to open a Premiere Team Project?

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BACKGROUND EXPORT OF "COLLECT AND COPY"

SO, why is it that I can Make Media in the background (via a headless version opening up into Media Encoder), but I can't Collect and Copy a project the same way?

Situation is I'm in the middle of a massive job, and have to stop all my program editing in order to make a new project (with media) of the sizzle reel I cut. It draws from the entirety of the project, and so is a pretty large chunk of files (468 GB).

And I'm dead in the water until it's done.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop making duplicate bins when importing sequences. Merge them.

When bringing in a sequence from another project (dragging the clip from one project pane to another), Premiere adds all the needed new clips in their bins, but it adds the bins even if my new project already had the same bins. So I end up with two Audio bins, two Footage bins, two Edit bins etc, often with their own sub bins.

If I already have a bin with the same name, the footage should go in the existing bin rather than making a new one.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Zoom/Pan shortcut program monitor

In Premiere I often run into the issue that I need to zoom in on the program monitor but there's no quick way to do it with shortcuts.Yes, you have the ability to zoom into the program monitor with shortcuts, but there's no option to pan around. I'd love to see the same functionality that After Effects has, scrolling + alt zooms in the program monitor, hold space and drag LMB to pan around. This would make working with titles and graphics much easier.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. second window is unresponsive

in PP 15.4.0 on Windows 10, in workspaces for dual monitors that have a second window, the window that is not on the main monitor is unresponsive when opening the program or loading a project. The window has to be closed and the workspace refreshed before mouse clicks or keyboard shortcuts will work.

Steps to reproduce: on dual monitor windows 10 setup, create a workspace with a window on each monitor. Close the application and re-open.

expected: normal operation

observed: no response to user actions in the window on the secondary monitor.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix the Effect Controls panel's interface so icons don't overlap controls

The Effect Controls panel's interface is poorly designed since icons and controls end up overlapping each other when keyframes are created (see illustration).

There are 2 simple solutions to this problem:
    1. Make the control's portion of the EFP snap to a larger minimum size when keyframes are created, to avoid overlaps.
    2. Place the 'Go to next/previous keyframe' and 'Add/Remove keyframe' buttons on a second line.

There's no logical reason that icons and controls should ever overlap in Pr, since this makes them much harder to access/use.

Thank you.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Paste Attributes" SHOULD copy text attributes between TypeTool generated clips

You ought to be able to COPY a TypeTool clip, and PASTE it's font attributes to another TypeTool clip.

Kind of an oversight, but then I think you guys have a lot to think about so I can understand it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. BUG REPORT: Please, in Project Panel make labels visible again and bins/folders drop open by clicking on arrow.

v14.7
    You are probably aware of this already. Hopefully you can fix soon.
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BUG: Workspace does not load Tools and Effects Windows Correctly

My workspace is partially laid out as follows: Tools (as a vertical column) > the Project window > Effects window > Source window • All of which is positioned over the Effects Control window. I save the layout as a workspace, but when I apply this workspace, or when starting a new project, the Tools window is spreadout to about 3x a wide and the Effects window is grouped with the Project window.
    IMG01: How it should look • IMG02: How it loads

I have rebuilt Workspaces time after time and this always happens. Has been happening since the beginning…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. bug: new item button missing

The new item button has disappeared. I tried uninstalling Premiere Pro, removing all preferences and then reinstalling. Did not work.

Please fix this ASAP and let me know what I can do in the meantime. I need to add an adjustment layer and I don't know how to do this without the "new item" button.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. description column for projects in production panel

Be useful to have a description or 'notes' column against projects in the production panel - to keep note of what is going on with that project

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hand tool in Effect Controls Panel!

The hand tool is... well, handy!

So why can it be used in the Timeline and in the Program/Source Monitor but not in the Effect Controls Panel? It would be extremely handy to be able to move around the ECP's Timeline View with the hand tool!

Perhaps the hand tool could also get around a clip's visible limits with a keyboard modifier such as Ctrl:
    Click drag = move around up to edges of visible portion of clip
    Ctrl+Click drag = temporary toggle to move around past the portion of the clip that is visible in the sequence.

This would…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG REPORT v 14.5: Keyboard Shortcuts and Drag and Drop Stop Working

On our two monitor layout, keyboard shortcuts and drag and drop do not work in custom workspaces on the monitor assigned as second. I can get it to work by customising a new workspace, then all our customised workspaces start working again until the next restart when I have to go through the process once more.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG REPORT: v14.5 - Win10 Browser Buttons Missing

On Win10, the ‘hide’, ‘minimise’ and ‘close’ buttons normally on the top right hand of the screen are missing in v 14.5. I have to keyboard cont+\ each time I open PPr to show them.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can't drag and drop

Ever since updating to v14.5 I can no longer drag and drop anything within the project panel. I can't move assets between bins, I can't drag assets from the project panel into the timeline, and I can't drop assets from finder into the project.

I found a tip online that said to delete a few Adobe folders within Application Support, Preferences, and Documents (a side effect of this was I had to rebuild all my workspaces and keyboard shortcuts). This worked for half a day, but the problem came back today. This is extreeemely frustrating.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. BUG Keyboard shortcuts stop working

I updated Premiere to the latest version 14.5.0, and my keyboard shortcuts stop working randomly

I have to restart the whole system, and not just Premiere, in order to get them to work again.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Opening project from another production from within a production should offer more choices

Currently opening a project that is not within your production warns that production settings will not apply. But only offers 'OK' as an option.

If that project is standalone there should be an option to 'Add to this Production', 'Open as standalone' and 'Cancel'

If that project is in another productions folder there should also be an option to 'open project within that production' (i.e. close current production if necessary)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change back the icons the new icons are so ugly

The new Premiere pro is so ugly, you should change them back, a huge company like this brings a new update and many of the new icons have the same colors, and its just text in a rectangle, instead of more detail like before, its a shame and it literally hurts my eyes looking at them.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. consolidate in background

Hey,

I would love to see all the processes that are not related to editing, rather dealing with the project (cleaning, maintainence) , be dealt in the background.

render, consolidate, check files....

once the process is set up it would be great if such job went into the background and after they are finished pls give me an short alert, that everything went the right way.
    How many files did the system copy and etc. would be great to know.

thanxs

Peter

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sync entire days of multi-cam and audio on a timeline by timecode

I often work on documentary projects where we have 2+ timecode jammed cameras and audio running.

The cameras and audio often roll at different points and for different durations.

What would be useful is a function (with one click) to take all of those clips and layout them out on a timeline that represents the entire day, synced by timecode.

As it stands, I can't sync multiple clips by timecode, even if they share common timecode.

I want to be able to sync an entire day, with multiple cameras and audio files (laying each camera out onto a different video…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base