Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New Adobe app colour scheme is BAD

I know this is the Premiere forum but I want to get the message out on any as many platforms as possible.

The new Adobe apps icon colour scheme is horrid. As someone who uses photography apps like Photoshop, Lightroom etc and video apps like Premiere, Media Encoder, After Effects etc it's so confusing having all the apps in the same category sharing the exact same colours. It's not simple or intuitive anymore to be able to glance at an app and know what it is. I don't mind the new font and having no box border around the icons…

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Twirl open projects in the Production panel to see their contents

Adding the ability to twirl open projects in the Production panel to see their full contents (without having to open the project in the project panel) would be very useful. This behavior already exists with bins.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix silly Metadata Display window quirk

Why can the Metadata Display window be stretched taller, but the actual part that actually counts to users (part with the info) remains the same size with no way of stretching out?

Please fix this silly UI quirk.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OMG WILLYA FIX THE METADATA DISPLAY SO IT'S USEFUL?

Ya know, your product is so awesome that when a piece of it THIS BAD shows up I ALMOST feel bad for complaining.

But for the Bin "metadata display", I'll make an exception.

This is one of the WORST aspects of Premiere. Why? Because it simply is a pain in the **** to use, and it doesn't work properly. Here's how to fix it.

1) WHY is the metadata display tied to the Project? That is, I just changed one of my custom metadata display settings in a project. I opened up another project, selected that display - NONE of…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Don´t show the "What´s new" dialog over and over, and over, and over again.

Why do i see the "What´s new" dialog each time i open Premiere Pro? Some Adobe apps has a check box one can check such as "Don´t show again." but not in Premiere Pro. Deleting the Preferences don´t do the trick either.

Can´t we just get a "Don´t show again." box for this dialog and be done with it? This has been an issue for some versions now but now it´s ridiculous.

More info and pictures here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/why-am-i-seeing-the-quot-what-s-new-quot-dialog-each-time-i-launch-premiere-pro/m-p/11400960?page=1

And here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/welcome-tour-every-time-i-open-premiere-pro/td-p/11447060?page=1

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Update to Nest Organization

First of all, I love working with Premiere Pro, and the whole Adobe CC for that matter, these are just a couple things that would be awesome to see in a future update of the program, so I hope Adobe sees this.

It would be incredibly helpful to see an update that will automatically place ALL nests in their own bin within the project. Their current organization is one thing that can be time consuming and frustrating. Along with that, when a nest is undone with CTRL-Z or Command-Z, the numbering when you nest again continues from before the undo.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Duel Monitor Template

It would be really helpful to have a duel monitor template I could just click on rather than having to drag the windows I need around every time. I switch work environments all the time and this would save me a ton of time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can you PLEASE allow to upload MKV files to the Premiere Pro?

it will make life easier if you will allow using MKV files
    or at least allow to convert them through the Premiere Pro without the need to look for a converter

amir

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why can't you preview motion graphics?

Can't preview your motion graphics on clips? You have to paste them onto your clips one by one to now how they are going to look like. Waste of time.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add field "Path in project" to the "Export Frame" window

Adobe Premiere Pro version 14.2.0. When I use the "Export Frame" command, I can only select a folder on my computer where to save the screenshot, but I cannot select a bin in the project where the screenshot should be imported. The screenshot is always imported to the main project catalog (when the "Import into project" checkbox is checked), which is inconvenient.

Proposal :
    In the "Export Frame" window add one more field (Path in project) indicating the project bin where the screenshot should be imported when the "Import into project" checkbox is checked.

Result:
    The usability will increase.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 14.5 Win : Extensions submenu grayed bug

After updating to Premiere Pro 14.5 Build 51 on Windows, one of my users has my "AfterCodecs Panel" not in the Extension submenu but in a gray new slot just atop. Weird bug !

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Metadata Display - Save Pesets

Metadata Display Presets should preserve the selection and display of metadata.

Currently these presets only preserve whether properties display or not. They should also preserve the order of the columns and the width of the columns.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG. All hot keys is not working after update.

Timeline panel is undocked In my workspace. This is very usefull on double display computer. I found all hot key are totally not working when undocked timeline panel is active.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ingest Proxy Destination - "Proxy" folder within original folder

Please allow for an ingest destination setting to be "named folder within original folder".

This will allow for bulk file import and proxy generation of clips in multiple folders while not requiring setting of a single proxy folder for all clips or creating additional work of having to import folders separately so that the destination folders can be changed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. back button

It would be nice if I could use the back and forward side buttons on my mouse to navigate in the media browser, similar to the functionality to how folders work in Windows Explorer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Mark Clip" to mark selected clip

"Mark Clip" should place timeline in and outs for the selected clip or clips in the timelline. Currently it relies on a difficult to intuit combination of track activaton and cursor placement.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can we use Pan in program monitor?

So i need something to PAN as After Effect in program monitor, it can be easier to control a mask or create a text

In addition, a mini timeline so i can see my whole project is very helpful to me

Thank you :D

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. thumbnail preview cache in Media Browser

My feature request: Media Browser needs some sort of memory/cache for thumbnail previews that would keep them from being rebuilt every time Premiere Pro is relaunched. For people like me who regularly access the same folders for multiple projects, it would be a big time-saver.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improved mouse wheel functionality across all panels

A lot of the panels (Project, Effect Controls) could use better scroll wheel support.

eg:

-- I don't believe you can horizontally scroll across the project panel to quickly check / organise extended attributes

-- You can't scroll or zoom in/out on the mini-timeline on the right hand side of the effect control panel.

It would be great to have this functionality as my brain short circuits momentarily every time I want to use one of these features and find the scroll wheel doesn't work, then having to move over to the keyboard or click and drag the sliders with…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Copy/Paste Speed Keyframes with Ctrl-C Ctrl-V (instead of just with 'Paste Attributes')

Copy pasting Speed keyframes should be easy, but unfortunately it isn't.

Using Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V to copy and paste does not work. Users have to copy the clip the speed keyframes are on, and then use the 'Paste Attributes...' option from the destination clip's context menu, deselect all attributes minus 'Time Remapping' to avoid mistakes, and then click 'OK'.

This is a terrible workflow because it is:
    1. Inconsistent, since it breaks the basic copy/paste function that works on all other effects
    2. Tedious, since it can require up to 6 steps vs 2
    3. Completely illogical. A workflow that…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base