Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Premiere, Audition, and AE icons different colors again

Until this recent update, it was very easy to look at a file and know if it's a Premiere, Audition, or AE File because the icons were different colors. Now that they're all purple, it's a lot harder to tell what type of file I'm looking at, especially if it's a small icon. There also seems to be no benefit to the average user for this change. Please change icons back to their previous colors or any other colors that aren't exactly the same.

419 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

45 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Change the Window Title back to showing project path

The new update to Premiere has simplified the main window title to only show the project file name. It used to show the full path of the currently opened project file. Not sure why this was changed, but it'd be great to go back to the old way, the way After Effects still presents this.

Also, bin the new project creation panel/media export panels while you're at it. Nobody asked for this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Premiere Pro - Input/ UI lag on M1 based systems using external display

Hi

There is noticeable input lag on m1 based Macs when using an external display. There are quite a few threads on the community forums.

I can replicate the issue on an m1 Mac mini and a m1x max MacBook Pro. Mouse clicks can take a few seconds to register.

Ive tested swapping out the cables connecting the display & connecting the display via usbc and hdmi.

The issue seems to be specific to the native version of premiere. There is no input lag when running the intel version of premiere through rosetta 2 emulation. Also, when switching back to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. change the appearance to a light colour as its too difficult to work with, at least give the user an option to use a different colour

please give the user an alternative to black its impossible to deal with even with altering other settings, some of us need a lighter colour and i suspect this current colour appearance works against those with some dyslexia problems.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow User to Cancel Transcription

I should be able to cancel a transcription submission from the Text window. I accidentally submitted a transcription with incorrect settings but couldn't find a way to cancel that. I want to be able to cancel it and resubmit for transcription with the correct settings.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. vertical display in frame.io

Frame.io only displays video in 16:9. Given that vertical video has been a thing for a few years now, it would be good if frame.io could present vertical or non-standard aspect ratio videos in their natural aspect ratio.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Link Media dialog box file list export

The Link Media dialog box has long needed the ability to export all that detailed information about what's missing in a more readable manner (CSV?) than by taking multiple screen shots, especially when the list is long. A vendor sent me a project file package that's missing the media. I'm sending a screen shot but one won't capture it all and two screen shots will duplicate portions of the list. Being able to send the vendor a spreadsheet file of this same information would be great. Seems like this is would be much appreciated feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bug: 2022.4 - Project Settings Scratch Disks saved to another drive

Way back when, I'd have all my Scratch Disk settings set to my D: drive.
    I changed them to "Same as project" which was on my E: drive.
    Just had an issue with a poorly drawn Peak File.
    Found the Peak File folder on my D: drive and deleted the folder.
    Premiere re-drew the Peak Files correctly still on the D: drive even though the Scratch Disks were set to Same as project on the E: drive.
    I went back to the Scratch Disk settings and changed them all to D: again. Looks like a bug in the Scratch Disk…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Modal dialog keyboard mapping not consistent

Use of the enter key in modal dialog boxes changes depending on the function. This should be consistent across all modal dialog boxes. For example, the Audio Gain box confirms changes when enter is pressed, just like clicking OK. The rest of these examples dismiss the dialog box without changes, same as clicking cancel or X (close window). This is counterintuitive as a pre-highlighed OK button implies that pressing enter is the same as clicking OK. None of these examples have a moving highlight like the Export pane.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can't move masks (or mask points) with Arrow Keys anymore!

Sometime in the very beginning of January 2021, using Arrow Keys to move masks, (or mask points) directionally around the window by pixel accurate methods, changed over to moving the playhead instead!?

And when I go into Keyboard Shortcuts, and try to manually change it, it doesn't work! And I also tried removing all the default settings, and just add back in, Move by 1 pixel for each direction, and it still doesn't work!

I BELIEVE THIS IS A BUG, AND A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE DO AS WELL:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/i-can-t-move-mask-with-arrow-key/m-p/11677100/thread-id/317272

https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/kbav8l/using_arrow_keys_to_move_a_mask_no_longer_works

Adobe, if this is NOT a bug, and is…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. move playhead to cursor bug

The "Move Playhead to Cursor" functionality has a small bug - if you assign a keyboard shortcut to move the playhead to cursor but the timeline window automatically advances during playback, when you "move playhead to cursor," the playhead will move to the old timecode where the mouse was in the OLD timeline position, rather than the new timeline position. Video attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 22.4 Interface and Exporting

The new UI and layout has some nice features but is too much of a change, and is adding more frustration to me and others I know that have been using Premiere for years. The older version was much better and quicker to get started. Also, The Exporting has some nice features too, but now I have to type in the whole title to export the newest video version I am working on. In the past, I would just click browse and click the previous version exported and just change the version number. Now it doesn't give me that option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Restore Windows File Explorer dialog windows for new projects and exports

The Windows File Explorer is an integral part of any program's file operations, whether it be creating new projects, opening existing documents, or being able to rename and delete items. Removing this core Windows application process from Premiere's New Project dialog and the Project Export dialog adds unnecessary steps to an otherwise simple process. Windows File Explorer is available for all programs for a reason, especially for Premiere, a program that relies on lots of user files and project management tasks.

The new UI has removed the ability to see what files are in the selected project folder when creating…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The new Import/Edit/Export workflow will take some getting used to, but one suggestion for the Export screen is to center the Timeline view

The new Import/Edit/Export workflow will take some getting used to, but one suggestion for the Export screen is to center the Timeline view by leaving the source column on the left and moving the preset settings column to the right of it (instead of stacking both on the left of the screen.)

This would move the timeline picture and all the pertinent information directly in front of me. It is always the last thing I check before I send it to Media Encoder. And also move the buttons for "Export" or "send to Media Encoder to the center of that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Customer Expert Care for Premiere Pro

I received an hour and half of help on line for my premiere pro program last Tuesday from a gentleman named Malkeet. I am writing to say that I was so grateful for his help. He helped me look forward to the completion of a project I've been working for three and a half years. I urge you to continue to have such helpers to help others with kindness, expertise, and patience. Many thanks to Malkeet and to Adobe. Anitra Pivnick

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PREMIERE 2022 PRO

Tengo una película editada desde Agosto de 2021. Al actualizar a premiere pro 2022 y abrirla ayer mismo (15/03/2022) para retocarla y poder enviársela a un distribuidor, me doy cuenta de que hay planos que ahora aparecen quemados. Lo más gracioso de todo es que es aleatorio. Esos planos no están quemados (o clipeados) en grabación, no tienen filtros, no estaban así en 2021. Otro cantar sería hablar de todo el lío que se ha creado con los créditos, pero como ya está arreglado no hablaré mucho de eso.

El caso es que me está haciendo perder tiempo y dinero…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New Export Screen Default Setting Selection

My day usually consists of exporting more than a handful of short clips, and with the old version of the Premiere export screen it would always default to the settings last used. I would be able to hit Command+M, and then Return, and the sequence would be sent to Media Encoder.

Now with the new 22.4 Export screen, it always defaults to "Custom", which is an H.264 formatted .mp4. It doesn't seems like there's currently any way to change that, even after going into "More Presets..." and removing all favorites except the one I want to use. The creation of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We start referring to the update as "Ugly Sonic."

Maybe that will clue in Adobe to what they could gain by listening to their customers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Revisit bin metadata views

There's a lot of clip metadata available (eg via metadata window, or right click 'properties') that is not available in bin views.

Eg ...

Audio track bext/ixml info (mixL mixR radio1 etc)

ColourSpace info (slog3, arri logc etc) and input transforms/LUTs used.

Camera make, model, serial#

EVS clip info (cam label, TCindate etc) - never seen this in PP. Avid gets it from mxf I think.

Plus the whole interface for choosing/organising/hiding columns + saving presets could be way more efficient.

Mainly need to be able to choose + overwrite stored bin views without having to go into metadata entry…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. nested clips - switch to main sequence

Ability to (like in after effects) easily go back to "parent" sequence after double-clicking, and entering a nested sequence. This is especially important when many sequences are opened.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base