Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Version 14.7 Label Colors not showing up in project panel

This has been an issue since 14.6 and was heavily discussed in the forums. Extremely frustrating that this wasn't fixed in 14.7. The only way to show the label colors is in Freeform view. List/thumbnail views do not work. This is a very important process in my editing workflow, and I know a lot of other editors feel the same way. Until this is fixed I will be staying with 14.5

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Color labels in Productions - should be able to make colors project/production-wide

An incredibly useful feature is being able to make all clip label colors the same, project-wide. For example, sort the Project window to group low res clips, make them a color, and now all those clips, in all timelines, show that color, making it easy to update them. But Productions has removed this feature (that Setting appears only when using a standalone project, not one in a Production), and it urgently needs to be brought back, as it's exactly the kind of feature a large project with multiple editors needs. We desperately need a workaround for this.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: No thumbnail for still images in Project window. 14.6.0

With the latest update, I'm not seeing thumbnails for still images in the Project window.

Windows 10
    nVidia 2070, updated drivers
    Intel i9
    16gb RAM

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Universal shortcuts

It makes sense for some keyboard shortcuts to have effect only when a particular pane has focus.

Others should have universal (or near universal) effect.

Timeline zoom in/out should be active all the time - regardless of which pane might have focus - FCP7 has a special pair of keys - Avids timeline zoom is universal

The comparison shortcut only has effect when program monitor has focus. Very annoying, should be universal - especially from lumetri and timeline panels.

Mark clip is universal - which is annoying as it should depend on source/program selection (like mark in/out clear in/out)

Add…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Labels colors no longer displaying in Project window after 14.6.0 update

Just updated to Premiere 14.6.0 and loaded up a project I'm currently working on. When I did I was surprised to see that the label colors were no longer being displayed in the window. The clips in my project still maintained the colors I assigned them, they are just not being visually represented anymore, which is quite debilitating. I downgraded to 14.5.0 and things are back to normal. Just wanted to report the issue in case other people are experiencing the same thing. Thanks

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please Add File Dates to the Bin Columns

Every edit system except Adobe Premiere, to my knowledge keeps the file date MetaData in the Bin Views, and even records the date that a sequence was started, How Novell.!!! I have gotten used to adding the date I build a sequence to it's title, but come on, is it that disruptive to the coders to cary along the date Metatfile info. PLEASE !!! This has been a big pet peeve of mine for almost a decade now, what is so hard or disruptive about adding a date column to the Bin Views.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix issues with current Export window before spending resources on new 'Quick Export' feature!

While new features are usually exciting, the new 'Quick Export' Pr 14.5.0 beta is disheartening because rather than fixing issues in the current ‘Export Settings’ window, it adds workflow inconsistencies that ironically, make the ‘Quick’ tool slower to use!

ISSUES WITH 'QUICK EXPORT':
    1. No keyboard assignable shortcut. Power users want keyboard shortcuts! The ‘Export Settings’ window can be opened with keyboard shortcuts, so why can’t ‘Quick Export’? Shortcuts are always faster than mousing over to a little button!
    2. The position of the ‘Quick Export’ button is terrible for two reasons:

1.Not all users use the Workspaces panel, so
    2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug - Drag Select in Timeline

I'm experiencing a bug where I can no longer drag select (lasso) both audio and video in the timeline. As soon as I cross the divider from V to A, video becomes deselected as audio is selected.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Media Overwrite Warning in Timeline (so you don't erase clips outside visible area by mistake!)

SEE the Solution in action HERE! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5yjiwsWrZE&feature=youtu.be

PROBLEM:
    This is an issue probably all editors face daily: You move media into or already on the Timeline. Part of the media extends past the visible portion of the sequence. Will placing the media at the current playhead location erase any media on the non-visible portion of the sequence? How can an editor tell to avoid erasing something by mistake?

SOLUTION:
    The current solutions are an aggravating waste of time:
    a) To find out if any media was overwritten, the editor can zoom out on the Timeline to reveal the entirety of…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable a CANCEL option for quitting Premiere

Just a tiny thing that would be awesome, I've accidentally hit command+Q quite a few times (honestly don't know how either, maybe it's a bug), and I have such a huge project it takes 10+ mins to load up properly.... would love for a cancel option to cancel and not quit. Thanks

It only gives two options: YES to save project, or NO to quit without saving. Either way, it quits.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keyboard shortcuts not working on 2nd monitor ⚡

CRITICAL: Panels moved to second display don't respond to keyboard shortcuts. On PC. Tested on 2 different workstations so far.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Odd Rectangular Mask Behavior: Holding Shift + Dragging Snaps Unpredictably.

Clicking two points on a rectangle and attempting to Shift + Drag to keep points locked onto the X or Y axis doesn't work as expected. The axis meant to be locked will shift slightly, preventing you from masking precisely.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How do I turn off the - Your video was exported successfully - This is Unnecessary

Please remove that success screen on export or make it optional.

Editing dozens of videos a day and this just adds an extra unnecessary step in the process.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Render and Replace progress bar in Pr's Taskbar Button please!

Since it can take a crazy long time to Render and Replace an AE composition in Pr, it would be nice to have a progress bar in Pr's Taskbar button, just like we get when rendering and exporting from Pr!

This would make it easier to go about doing other things in Windows 10 while keeping an eye on the progress of the Render and Replace task in the taskbar.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Second Time whole system Crashing after lates update

Second time today, everything freezes while working, using shortcuts (just zooming in my case). Can't move mouse, can't type nor call task manager up or saving.
    [R5 3600x/2070S]
    Thank you

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Help-> Premier Pro In-App Tutorials menu is not working.

Help-> Premier Pro In-App Tutorials menu is not working.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Missing Shortcuts

Please allow us to make Keyboard Shortcuts for missing actions like "New Color Matte", "New Black Video", "New Transparent Video" etc.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hold Space bar for Hand navigation

Allow users to hold space bar so they can click and drag around the timeline horizontally and vertically, as well as click and drag to move horizontally and vertically in a zoomed in program monitor, just like you can do in After Effects.

Alternatively make the Hand tool a hold-only shortcut so when the key is released it switches back to Arrow tool automatically.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can't organize files and sequences in project bin

Just did the latest update (14.5.0 build 51) and I can't organize my project bin anymore.

Can't drag and drop stuff from a folder to another. I can't even cut/paste to move things around.

EDIT: Just tried to duplicate a sequence with copy/paste and I can't even do that.

EDIT 2: can't even use the keyboard arrows to move time cursor in media source preview pane.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Drag'n drop don't work anymore

Hello,since last update to 14.5.0 (Build 51) on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2) (both in french) , I have lost drag'n'drop 8^(

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base