Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Color labels in Productions - should be able to make colors project/production-wide

An incredibly useful feature is being able to make all clip label colors the same, project-wide. For example, sort the Project window to group low res clips, make them a color, and now all those clips, in all timelines, show that color, making it easy to update them. But Productions has removed this feature (that Setting appears only when using a standalone project, not one in a Production), and it urgently needs to be brought back, as it's exactly the kind of feature a large project with multiple editors needs. We desperately need a workaround for this.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG Keyboard shortcuts stop working

I updated Premiere to the latest version 14.5.0, and my keyboard shortcuts stop working randomly

I have to restart the whole system, and not just Premiere, in order to get them to work again.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix issues with current Export window before spending resources on new 'Quick Export' feature!

While new features are usually exciting, the new 'Quick Export' Pr 14.5.0 beta is disheartening because rather than fixing issues in the current ‘Export Settings’ window, it adds workflow inconsistencies that ironically, make the ‘Quick’ tool slower to use!

ISSUES WITH 'QUICK EXPORT':
    1. No keyboard assignable shortcut. Power users want keyboard shortcuts! The ‘Export Settings’ window can be opened with keyboard shortcuts, so why can’t ‘Quick Export’? Shortcuts are always faster than mousing over to a little button!
    2. The position of the ‘Quick Export’ button is terrible for two reasons:

1.Not all users use the Workspaces panel, so
    2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. consolidate in background

Hey,

I would love to see all the processes that are not related to editing, rather dealing with the project (cleaning, maintainence) , be dealt in the background.

render, consolidate, check files....

once the process is set up it would be great if such job went into the background and after they are finished pls give me an short alert, that everything went the right way.
    How many files did the system copy and etc. would be great to know.

thanxs

Peter

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sync entire days of multi-cam and audio on a timeline by timecode

I often work on documentary projects where we have 2+ timecode jammed cameras and audio running.

The cameras and audio often roll at different points and for different durations.

What would be useful is a function (with one click) to take all of those clips and layout them out on a timeline that represents the entire day, synced by timecode.

As it stands, I can't sync multiple clips by timecode, even if they share common timecode.

I want to be able to sync an entire day, with multiple cameras and audio files (laying each camera out onto a different video…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio output settings

To NOT have to change audio output if I take off/put on headphones! Minor inconvenience yes, but why?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Effect Controls: Constrain playhead to useable frames

Currently, when working in the Effect Controls panel (with Pin to Clip active), pressing End takes the playhead to the end of the clip instead of to the last frame of the clip (one click to the left) and actually displays the first frame of the incoming clip. This necessitates pressing left-arrow to move one frame backward. Dragging a keyframe to the end of the window actually places it one frame beyond the last frame (which is actually useless). This behavior is quite annoying when Selection Follows Playhead is active, as the Effect Controls panel switches from the clip you're…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Source Monitor Audio

The "sum multichannel outputs to mono in source monitor" is not working / not summing all channels.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Odd Rectangular Mask Behavior: Holding Shift + Dragging Snaps Unpredictably.

Clicking two points on a rectangle and attempting to Shift + Drag to keep points locked onto the X or Y axis doesn't work as expected. The axis meant to be locked will shift slightly, preventing you from masking precisely.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The latest update removes the ability to drag media into a bin from a Finder window and you cannot move media from a bin to a bin.

Restore those features... and sometime down the short line create the ability to 'rename file to match clip' and 'rename clip to match file' options. Thanks!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show sample color in Label menu

I always set label color to separate clips in timeline. But I never remember the color name. I have to try every single item in the Label menu until I found the color that I want. If there are sample colors in the menu will make it a lot faster.

68 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change back the icons the new icons are so ugly

The new Premiere pro is so ugly, you should change them back, a huge company like this brings a new update and many of the new icons have the same colors, and its just text in a rectangle, instead of more detail like before, its a shame and it literally hurts my eyes looking at them.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When creating proxies IGNORE append preset name to filename

When I create proxies but have append preset name to filename selected in Media Encoder, Premiere will ignore all the Proxies and I have to link them one by one myself! Such a waste of time.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to change marker color

Can you please add an option to change your marker colors to whatever color you want? For example in Avid MC I can make "M" on my keyboard a hot key for a bright yellow marker and then also make "N" on my keyboard a hot key for a bright red marker. It's really hard to see that "green-ish" marker on video/audio clips especially because there is no transparent color option for the audio clips.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Autosave reset if i save manually

Can we have it that, if i save the project the autosave function then resets its timer.

eg, Autosave is set to 10 mins. I happen to manually save the project at the 9 minute mark of this autosave countdown. Instead of it then interrupting my workflow by saving again in 1 minute. Autosave then resets back to 10 minutes and begins its countdown again.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a Performance meter

I'd really love to have a performance meter that shows the current hit on my computer resources. Something with CPU, RAM and GPU so I could get a real idea of which areas I am stressing and an idea of when I'm reaching my limits. It would be even better if it could break down into each process, effect and plugin. These are common in DAW software. This would really help me not only to monitor the situation, but also allow me to see if my workflow requires me RAM or faster CPU etc...

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Facebook group for helping Adobe improve Premiere Pro

It would be nice if in addition to User Voice there was an official Adobe Facebook group dedicated to users wishing to help improve Premiere Pro.

Since no such group exists, I've started my own unofficial group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1638270639681590

Would love to see more people participating in the group!

It would be great if Adobe launched and widely announced their own official group though.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Premiere runs smoothly only in 1/2res on HiDPI Display

Hey,
    I own a pretty beefed up new Mac Pro with Apple's XDR display and since January (8monthts!) I'm getting more and more frustrated with the lackluster performance of the UI in Premiere on the 6K display. It runs more smoothly on a 7 year old trashcan mac pro on a HD display.
    The problem seems to be with the retina resolution, beacuse if I run the app in 1/2 res mode (via the mac os info dialogue) it runs pretty solid and is usable, but not in native full resolution.
    I'm not talking about the video playback itself, which…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Get rid of "your video was encoded successfully" alert

It wasn't there before and is unneeded. Just another thing to click.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base