Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ADOBE IS A GARBAGE FIRE

IS THIS HOW ADOBE TREATS THEIR CUSTOMERS??
    ASK TOO MANY QUESTIONS AND YOU GET A BAN??
    THEY DON'T DESERVE MY RESPECT.

DON'T DELETE MY POSTS. EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE HOW ADOBE TREATS THEIR CUSTOMERS OF OVER 10 YEARS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Dual Monitor Screens

The new UI is unfortunate, and terribly inefficient. If this is the path forward that Adobe is taking, please take into consideration that many professional video editors use 2 screen setups.
    Your new IMPORT, and EXPORT UI’s do not have docable windows. This makes it more difficult to set up for a 2 monitor system.
    Even if you do make adjustments to the UI, they are not retained by the program. The EPORT page puts the split of my 2 monitors directly in the middle of the output preview. If I shift it, it will be reset next time I…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Go back to normal UI like before. Nobody needs that crowded slow user interface, where the programm decides how to go on not the user!!!!!!!

JUST GO BACK TO WHERE IT WAS instead of implementing terrible low workflows that mix up any approved workflow disenfranchiseing the user! IT´s like the first digital cameras came out and any programmer thougt users are idiots that needs to be guided throug whatever they might do!

If you need something to work on - just adapt the user behavior from AE and make shure shortcuts in AE und PR are alle the same!!!! That would be a great job!!!!!!!!!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2022.3: Can not scroll Audio Output Channels in Audio Channel Configuration.

In Export, I can not scroll the Audio Output Channels in Audio Channel Configuration.
    I have 16 channels of audio and can only view 6 and a half of them. The window does not have a scroll bar to see past channel 6.
    This is an imported 2022.2 project and preset to export a Pro Res with 16 audio channels.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. BUG: Editing Speakers in the Transcript Panel

When editing speakers in the "edit speakers" dialog box, if you hit the enter key instead of clicking save the changes are not kept.

Expected behavior: Enter key commits changes
    Bug: Enter key forgets changes, acts like cancel button.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Include a tutorial on the support or learn page explaining the difference between track channel 1, 2, and mix down and what they do.

When I create a multi camera sequence I need to select track 1, 2, or mix down for the audio sync and I'm not exactly sure what each option does. I have researched the answer in the support forum and this information is glossed over in the multi camera editing workflow page: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/create-multi-camera-source-sequence.html
    What do these three options mean exactly?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tutorials

would be good if the Tutorials started at the beginning, such as with how to open or create or import, what the various tools do, etc, I had to go on YouTube to find out those basics. I am just saying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make "Activate Direct Manipulation in Program Monitor" shortcut work from Program Monitor!

Why doesn't the "Activate Direct Manipulation in Program Monitor" keyboard shortcut work when the Program Monitor is the active window? This is baffling and completely illogical! There's no good reason this shortcut should only work when the Timeline is active.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have a Unique Color for "Video Used Icon" (Purple?) in Icon View When Clip is Used in Timeline)

The video usage icon on the thumbnail of the videos should be purple (or a different color than blue when used). With them being the same color, the "video used icon" is hard to see at first glance amongst all the other blue icons similar in color (proxy used, audio used etc). Would it be better to have the icons in slightly different colors? Also, it would be awesome to be able to see the label color in this icon view (like in the other views) and have a filter to toggle a view of only unused clips.

I think…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new update changing the export interface is not good at all.

Why would you change something that was working perfectly fine and make it horrible? You have to type in every filename manually now.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Help Tab should include: Premiere Pro Manuel located on our PC

I want to see how to do something simple "like re-dock a window,"
    and I'm sure it's in the User Manual.
    So, instead of searching my pc for it or being sent online for a simple answer, I suggest adding a User Manual button to the 'Help Tab,' That when clicked opens my local PC manual file.

*on a side note...Great Program! No doubt my video is looking like I paid a lot for production!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Open Bin keystroke

Please could we have an Open Bin keystroke? As a migrant from QWERTY editing many years ago, I would prefer to be able to do everything via keystrokes, but this is the one missing option that slows me down.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable "Queue" as default option instead of "Export" - Allow us to decide in preferences

I understand a lot of people wanted it switched the other way, but for those of us using the Queue option, it's become much slower to send things to Media Encoder because now we have to click with our mouse instead of hitting the enter key.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The redesigned New Project window is awful

It's laggy. The location dropdown is laggy, the folder navigation is laggy, takes ages to load folders. Nothing about it is an improvement on the old one, and nothing about it is better than just being able to easily hunt through folders in finder to select the project location instead.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The new layout in the update is awful and confusing. Please go back to the regular version

Very counter intuitive and completely ruins the speed and flow I used to work at. I never provide feedback. This is so bad I'm actually taking the time to provide feedback. Please adobe, fix this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Get rid of the "QT Gamma Compensation" LUT workaround

Hello,

I think everyone can agree that the color and gamma should be correct no matter what when exporting.

Please get rid of the need to export with the "QT Gamma Compensation" LUT to get correct colors.

Maybe theres other reasons why this LUT needs to be used, and thats okay. But Maybe there should be a check box or just an automatic feature that makes the colors correct on export! I think the idea here is less clicks and less workarounds. Everything should just work without thinking about it.

Not everyone knows about this LUT workaround, so I feel…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The new "Paste Feature" that changed the shortcut is LESS precise than targeted pasting

In the latest update you change "cmd+v" to same line pasting. That is less precise, something that users are not used to and as a pro editor, something I would never use.

If you are changing core shortcuts in the future - give a clear warning.
    Also, pasting to the same line - is something I would probably never use.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Multicam sequence - ability to change the timecode start

Typically when you create a multicam sequence the timecode is based on your preference for sequence start time code...which is okay ...except you can't change it. Why would you want to? Well, when I am trying to find something by timecode I instinctively look at the timecode window in the source panel...but if that's not reflecting my A-camera then it's easy to get confused. I'd change it but for some reason Premiere just doesn't let you change it after the fact. I can't see a reason why this needs to be disallowed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bring back the previous workspace layout!

With the new update, it's absurd that one has to click twice in order to choose a workspace. And plus the menu dropdown is small. Previous version was easier, less work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The new import/export screens are garbage

That's it, I literally signed on just to post that the new import export screens are ****. What a massive step backwards. Why do all these companies who grow huge with a dedicated user base suddenly turn on their user base once they reach a certain point. Like, did Billie Eilish fans get you to your current market cap? No. Show your user base a little respect or we're going over to da Vinci. This redesign is a joke. Who is designing this software now people who have never used it? This is basic stuff. Query your professional user base…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base