Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Premiere, Audition, and AE icons different colors again

Until this recent update, it was very easy to look at a file and know if it's a Premiere, Audition, or AE File because the icons were different colors. Now that they're all purple, it's a lot harder to tell what type of file I'm looking at, especially if it's a small icon. There also seems to be no benefit to the average user for this change. Please change icons back to their previous colors or any other colors that aren't exactly the same.

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show sample color in Label menu

I always set label color to separate clips in timeline. But I never remember the color name. I have to try every single item in the Label menu until I found the color that I want. If there are sample colors in the menu will make it a lot faster.

65 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change the icon colors back

Change the icon colors back to what they were before. The new colors are confusing and make my desktop toolbar on PC and MAC look boring. For a company that makes software specifically for creatives, this is the worst, non-creative, and most frustrating design choice they could have made.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Odd Rectangular Mask Behavior: Holding Shift + Dragging Snaps Unpredictably.

Clicking two points on a rectangle and attempting to Shift + Drag to keep points locked onto the X or Y axis doesn't work as expected. The axis meant to be locked will shift slightly, preventing you from masking precisely.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change back the icons the new icons are so ugly

The new Premiere pro is so ugly, you should change them back, a huge company like this brings a new update and many of the new icons have the same colors, and its just text in a rectangle, instead of more detail like before, its a shame and it literally hurts my eyes looking at them.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Audio output settings

To NOT have to change audio output if I take off/put on headphones! Minor inconvenience yes, but why?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable Red Giant Colorista panel to connect to Tangent and other control surfaces

The Red Giant Colorista plugin can load in Premiere as a panel, and works very well as an addition or alternative ciolor workspace to Lumetri.

It would be a massive upgrade to the usability of the Colorista panel if Tangent and other control surfaces could also be connected to the Colorista effect controls.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A tool or function that disregards clip edges once multiple have been selected

When selecting a bunch of clips its often because the user want to relocate them on the timeline not resize/ trim any of them. Having a function (or setting to default) that rejects the ends of clips once multiple are selected will make moving many short clips far easier, instead of the regular mis-selection of a clip's end resulting in the trim tool being activated.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Let me edit during auto save

I constantly save my project. My project takes about 1 min to completely save. can you make it so that the save is a background task and I can continue editing without being stopped by saving.
    FCPX and Avid both have this feature.

470 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make effects panel, captions panel, markers panel, essential graphics panel and others more efficient through keyboard.

Make effects panel, captions panel, markers panel, essential graphics panel and others more efficient through keyboard. I can use shortcut to jump to those panels but making changes inside them is very limited. I would like to be able to browse and apply effects, jump between captions and change text, browse effects templates etc.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Adobe app colour scheme is BAD

I know this is the Premiere forum but I want to get the message out on any as many platforms as possible.

The new Adobe apps icon colour scheme is horrid. As someone who uses photography apps like Photoshop, Lightroom etc and video apps like Premiere, Media Encoder, After Effects etc it's so confusing having all the apps in the same category sharing the exact same colours. It's not simple or intuitive anymore to be able to glance at an app and know what it is. I don't mind the new font and having no box border around the icons…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AUPitch Parameter UI staying on screen

This has happened every time I've used the AUPitch audio effect. I will add and adjust the effect, and the meter stays on screen after I close out of the effect. It stays on screen while Premiere is in the foreground AND background. Only goes away when I hide Premiere from view, or close out of Premiere all together. See attached screenshots.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. What all of us are thinking

Let's be frank here what Premiere really needs is better Color algorithms similar to resolve. Also better performance with 4k. Why can Resolve edit in 4k wayy smoother without proxies better than Premiere. If Premiere will put their focus into these 2 things it will most likely render Resolve and Avid obsolete. I will never turn away from Premiere but I have been noticing that it is being left behind. If this continues Resolve will eventually completely take over.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Project Tracker to see how long You needed to render it final

Would love to analyze stats and to see how long I needed to finish the project. Or where I´ve been stuck to do mistakes better next time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Optimise and normalise "right-click" menus

Comparing "right-click" menus of various panels, menu items are located in various orders. It would be nice if they were found in roughly the same order or vertical location for every panel.
    Specifically properties, reveal in... One panel you'll find them at the bottom of the menu, another panel they'll be at the top, if they were in the expected location each time the user wouldn't have to search for them every time.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Email / Text me when rendering finishes

Rendering bigger files on Premier, After Effects, and Media Encorder can take quite a while. So often I leave the office to go do other work. It would be nice if when I start a render (in the Media Encoder panel) that I could checkmark a box to "Email me when finished." Or it could be a text, or an Adobe App alert (though I would not want to install another app on my phone just for this.) Your system has my email and so all it needs is a checkmark, and then start the render. Hey, they have this…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow more than one of the same bin (aka Project panel) to be open at the same time.

Premiere now refuses to allow more than one of the same bin to be open at the same time. (It was not always this way.) I see this as a big problem.

To me, it is foundational to how a file and folder system functions, that we should be able to have open more than 1 of the same folder at a time.

It's often because you're just trying to pass through that folder on your way to another, but there are myriad other reasons for it:

The more bins a user prefers to have open simultaneously, the bigger the…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Proxy scaling by percentage in "Create Proxy" dialogue box

Simply add an option to the proxy dialogue box where the user is able to type in a scale percentage instead of pixel dimensions for proxy generation. This will save the time of the user to generate aspect ratio locked proxies for media without having to consult look up tables for the values, or do the math. Maybe even adding in a "*****" window beside it to see the actual dimensions of the proxies you're generating. Being able to set scale percentage as in ingest, or proxy preset would also be extremely helpful.

for example:

create proxies for 3840x2160 media,…

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. sequence settings display format bug?

Hi,

I haven't seen this posted here, and I may be missing something stupid, but whenever I try to change Sequence settings, the display format only gives me the option of choosing the Frames mode. Even if I don't make any changes to the sequence, by just opening Sequence settings and clicking okay, as is, it still changes the display format to Frames and doesn't allow me to change it back in any way that I am able to see.

Anyone familiar with this, what am I missing?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A warning before deleting off screen content

Can't tell you how many times I've been working through a project, only to look back and see a large chunk of the project deleted because the in and out boundaries were selecting a clip and a vicarious press of the delete button ruins hours of work and forces me to open an autosave. some kind of warning, even one that has the option "don't show again" when something off screen is about to be deleted would save me that time necessary to fix the project.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base