Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show sample color in Label menu

I always set label color to separate clips in timeline. But I never remember the color name. I have to try every single item in the Label menu until I found the color that I want. If there are sample colors in the menu will make it a lot faster.

37 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let me edit during auto save

I constantly save my project. My project takes about 1 min to completely save. can you make it so that the save is a background task and I can continue editing without being stopped by saving.
    FCPX and Avid both have this feature.

406 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A warning before deleting off screen content

Can't tell you how many times I've been working through a project, only to look back and see a large chunk of the project deleted because the in and out boundaries were selecting a clip and a vicarious press of the delete button ruins hours of work and forces me to open an autosave. some kind of warning, even one that has the option "don't show again" when something off screen is about to be deleted would save me that time necessary to fix the project.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Proxy scaling by percentage in "Create Proxy" dialogue box

Simply add an option to the proxy dialogue box where the user is able to type in a scale percentage instead of pixel dimensions for proxy generation. This will save the time of the user to generate aspect ratio locked proxies for media without having to consult look up tables for the values, or do the math. Maybe even adding in a "*****" window beside it to see the actual dimensions of the proxies you're generating. Being able to set scale percentage as in ingest, or proxy preset would also be extremely helpful.

for example:

create proxies for 3840x2160 media,…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Legacy Title no longer shows styles, tools, properties, and actions in CC 2019. Please fix!

For some reason after the fist time I opened legacy title, it no longer showed styles, tool,s properties, or actions. It's only accessible through "all panels" now which is extremely inconenvient as I have to keep switching back and forth between setups. Please fix!

78 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make button selections clearer

It is hard to tell which option is selected when choosing a radial button option. And clicking the radial button option of your selection multiple times actually toggles between choices instead of confirming you've made your selection. View here for an example:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/editors/comments/cb7keb/premieresdumbbuttonswaitfortheend/

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ENHANCEMENT: New Bin Encloses Selection

In After Effects, when you have multiple assets selected and select New Bin, the selection is placed in the new bin.

It's a fantastic time-saver when you're sorting assets, and it would be lovely for Premiere to match that behavior.

Behavior:
    1. Select a set of clips you'd like to bin.
    2. Press New Bin.
    Result: When the New Bin is created, the selection is moved inside the bin (if the selection is more than one clip)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Post a Real Changelog for 13.1.5

The Fixed Issues page for 13.1.5 is woefully inadequate. Please post actual details of which issue were fixed.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Track targeting leads to accidental deletes

Whenever I toggle a track target, it seems to 'select' every clip on that track. Even when nothing is selected. This is a catastrophic pain in the neck!
    If I accidentally hit the delete key, it deletes EVERYTHING on that track! Who would ever want that function?! This has happened multiple times to multiple editors I worked with, and it seems like a very horrible idea.

Please fix it so that track targeting doesn't 'select' every clip on that track.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Project Panel Ignores Workspace Position

Since 13.1.0 I've noticed the project panel sporadically will ignore the last place you docked it, even if you save your workspace. Having saved it in the upper left corner of the UI, upon re-launching Premiere it's frequently docked in a lower left panel, even after selecting "Reset to Saved Layout".

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Light Mode UI

We are gauging interest to see if our users' aesthetic needs are being met!
    Is the current color scheme of the interface sleek and professional or do you wish it was lighter? Is it easy on your eyes during tedious edit sessions? Most importantly, do you wish it came in pink?

Here's a link for more details on current interface customizability: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html#brightenordarkentheinterface

Let us know what you think in the comments!

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. You should be able to extend audio and video transitions together when selecting multiples. It's a real pain to do one at a time.

Furthermore, the program should understand that transitions added to a linked clip probably need to be edited together. And if they don't, you should be able to unlink the item from it's other parts and edit it separately.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show Duplicate Frame Marker-Style Line to show used footage in Source Window

When I'm scrolling through a video in the viewer, looking for B Roll, or even looking for new bites, it would be super helpful to see a line over parts of the footage that I've already used. At this point, I sometimes drag footage into the timeline after my sequence so I can see the lines. Seems like it would be a great addition to the source monitor.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Group audio tracks onto one 'track' on the timeline

I edit television content in Premiere. Invariably, I'll have between 5-10 audio tracks for every single clip. I need to keep them all there so when I do handover to the sound designer, they have everything they need. This is a very, very common situation.

It would help declutter the timeline for people who don't need to be constantly interacting with individual audio tracks.
    The problem is when you're editing and you need to manage that many tracks. It clutters up the timeline visually. Premiere needs an option to 'group' multiple audio tracks and 'collapse' them into a single line…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix workspace bugs

I can't use Workspaces right now as they don't seem to remember which monitor is being used for which window set in place for the workspace. I'll save a workspace with my main window and timeline on monitor 1 and when I reload the project the next day, the window has shifted to monitor 2 with the other windows on top of it. I also often get a blank window when loading a previously saved workspace. The saved workspace now seems completely useless and I have to start from scratch with creating my workspace. Workspaces are unusable for me right…

68 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. CRASH!!! Stop sending out buggy software. 13.01 (build 13) crashes

13.01 (build 13) crashes constantly. It closes and goes right to desktop. No error log!

62 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Format right-click menus to similar order Premiere 2020

The right-click menus in the timeline and the project bin have some similar buttons, but the order is wildly different. Can you please keep similar buttons in the same location?

There's no reason why 'Reveal in Finder' is at the upper half of one menu and at the bottom of the other. We waste time looking for the same functions because they're not intuitively ordered.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Middle button to move around the timeline

Why does that not work anymore?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premiere should provide a better LUTs browser User Interface

Premiere CC 2019 (13.1) should provide a better interface for LUTs browsing and selection:

• Premiere should recognize and show the sub-folder structure of the LUTs (the same folder structure of C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\LUTs or the Mac equivalent)

• When we browse LUTs using the arrows and then we apply a LUT, the list should not start again from the first LUT (it worked on CC 2017, now it seems bugged).

• When we select a LUT from the drop-down menu, the same LUT should be selected on the "LUT preview" window.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base