Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. version 14.5 - dual monitor bug

Since the update to 14.5.0, all panels that are on a secondary monitor (connected to a DisplayPort) are unresponsive to the keyboard, and items cannot be dragged and dropped.

For example, I have a workspace that has the source and program monitor panels, plus the productions and media browser panels on my primary monitor. The rest are arranged on my secondary monitor.

I can use key strokes in any of the panels on the primary monitor, for example, hitting the spacebar will toggle playback in the source and program panels. I can also drag and drop clips from the media…

64 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

36 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Success - Your video was exported successfully" window not necessary

"Success - Your video was exported successfully" window not necessary

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Premiere, Audition, and AE icons different colors again

Until this recent update, it was very easy to look at a file and know if it's a Premiere, Audition, or AE File because the icons were different colors. Now that they're all purple, it's a lot harder to tell what type of file I'm looking at, especially if it's a small icon. There also seems to be no benefit to the average user for this change. Please change icons back to their previous colors or any other colors that aren't exactly the same.

124 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SPLIT VIEW in Project window... like in Media Browser and Premiere 6.5 (2002)

Premiere Pro's Media Browser has a Double-Column/Split view which is extremely useful. So why can't the Project window also have an option to toggle on/off Split view?

As implied by the name, Split view would split the Project window into 2 columns. In the left column, you'd have an always-visible List view of bins and sub bins. In the right column, you’d see a bin’s contents in either List or Icon view. Each column would be independently scrollable, just like in the Media Browser.

There are several benefits to this approach.

BENEFITS (see attached picture for reference):
    -Lower bins don’t…

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. label view gone since Pr 14.6

I use label view in the Project Window since always.
    Now the labels are gone.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keyboard shortcuts don't work

Keyboard shortcuts don't work if you are focused on timeline panel. Not even play/pause. Some of them begin to work if you focus on program monitor and everything begins to work if you set focus on another software and then you press on Premiere menu or anywhere else but not focusing on any window in premerie

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PP 14.6 Color labels disappeared

I am having this issue. Color labels disappeared:  premiere pro the color labels don't show the colors anymore on the left files section. I can change the colours but it don't show here. When I drag a file on the timeline the color will show. It is checked on but don't show wich colour. Yes, I doubled checked the metadata display setting. Workaround is to make a new project and import the project having the issue. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix Selection Inconsistencies! (in Timeline, ECP, EGP, etc...)

The universal convention for selecting items works as follows (in MS Windows’ Explorer and all convention-respecting software, including most Adobe programs):

Ctrl-select = selects or deselects individual items, one by one.
    Shift-select = selects the range of items between a selected item and the Shift-selected one
    Ctrl-A = selects all items

Unfortunately, Premiere Pro has major consistency issues when it comes to how items are selected. This results in user frustration/confusion and a much less than ideal workflow. Here are the issues and proposed solutions (see chart):

PROJECT WINDOW: Shift & Ctrl-selecting/deselecting works as expected in all views: Icon, List…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG. All hot keys is not working after update.

Timeline panel is undocked In my workspace. This is very usefull on double display computer. I found all hot key are totally not working when undocked timeline panel is active.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change the icon colors back

Change the icon colors back to what they were before. The new colors are confusing and make my desktop toolbar on PC and MAC look boring. For a company that makes software specifically for creatives, this is the worst, non-creative, and most frustrating design choice they could have made.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Project panel labels missing

I just updated to 14.6.0 (Build 51) and suddenly the labels are gone from the project panel. I've opened the metadata selector (label was checked), I've unchecked it, re-checked it, restarted PP....

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cannot drag into bins in Premiere Pro 14.5

After updating to Premiere Pro 14.5 I cannot drag things into bins. I also cannot drag things from the Media Browser to the bin.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug PP v 14.5.0 (build 51)

I use double monitors, on the second one I have Project, effects and Effects Control panels set as a custom workspace.
    After the last update, October 2020, I can't move elements from folder to folder in the Project panel nor drag and drop from File Explorer in to project panel.
    If I switch to default workspace and then switch back to my custom workspace (which I use for years) all is working: I can move files around and drag and drop files from the OS.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG: Labels column disappeared in version 14.6

BUG: Labels are not working on premiere anymore after upgrading to 14.6.

I confirmed in "metadata display" that I have checked labels, but they are nowhere to be seen. I have tried multiple workspaces and reset them, but still labels don't work.

Please fix this.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug - cannot move files into bins

In Premiere Pro 14.5 it's impossible to move things into bins. It's also impossible to drag files from the media browser into bins.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug: Color Labels Don't Appear in Project List View

When opening any older project, the color labels don't appear in project list view. Please fix.

Premiere Pro Version 14.6.0 (Build 51)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Premiere Pro 14.6 update macOS / Labels doesn't show in the project bin

In the 14.6 update of Premiere Pro on macOS (i'm on Mojave), the labels in the project bin doesn't show. The column is empty (see attached file). Changing workspace doesn't solve the problem.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please Add File Dates to the Bin Columns

Every edit system except Adobe Premiere, to my knowledge keeps the file date MetaData in the Bin Views, and even records the date that a sequence was started, How Novell.!!! I have gotten used to adding the date I build a sequence to it's title, but come on, is it that disruptive to the coders to cary along the date Metatfile info. PLEASE !!! This has been a big pet peeve of mine for almost a decade now, what is so hard or disruptive about adding a date column to the Bin Views.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix issues with current Export window before spending resources on new 'Quick Export' feature!

While new features are usually exciting, the new 'Quick Export' Pr 14.5.0 beta is disheartening because rather than fixing issues in the current ‘Export Settings’ window, it adds workflow inconsistencies that ironically, make the ‘Quick’ tool slower to use!

ISSUES WITH 'QUICK EXPORT':
    1. No keyboard assignable shortcut. Power users want keyboard shortcuts! The ‘Export Settings’ window can be opened with keyboard shortcuts, so why can’t ‘Quick Export’? Shortcuts are always faster than mousing over to a little button!
    2. The position of the ‘Quick Export’ button is terrible for two reasons:

1.Not all users use the Workspaces panel, so
    2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Color labels in Productions - should be able to make colors project/production-wide

An incredibly useful feature is being able to make all clip label colors the same, project-wide. For example, sort the Project window to group low res clips, make them a color, and now all those clips, in all timelines, show that color, making it easy to update them. But Productions has removed this feature (that Setting appears only when using a standalone project, not one in a Production), and it urgently needs to be brought back, as it's exactly the kind of feature a large project with multiple editors needs. We desperately need a workaround for this.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base