Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Windows

When using Premiere Pro 13.1 on multiple monitors with Windows with 3 monitors attached, Mercury transmit will NOT allow Monitor 2 to be used for playback. When selecting Monitor two, Monitor 3 will automatically be selected andk keep monitor 1 selected also. This behaviour does NOT occur with 13.0.3. Selecting alternate render options does not fix the issue.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bug: transmit monitor choice not sticking

Bug: Mercury Transmit Out will not "stick" to chosen monitor.

This also affects AfterEffects ... though it's behavior is somewhat different, as it will ONLY stick with BOTH my 2 and 3 monitors showing transmit!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mercury Transmit on multiple monitors

Even after the Premiere Pro 13.1.1 update, on multiple monitors with Windows with 3 monitors attached, Mercury transmit will NOT allow Monitor 2 to be used for playback. When selecting Monitor two, Monitor 3 will automatically be selected andk keep monitor 1 selected also. This behaviour does NOT occur with 13.0.3. Selecting alternate render options does not fix the issue.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. transmit

BUG(!): We have now tried the last 3 versions of premiere pro and all of them crashes when enabling mercury transmit. The timeline without the transmit plays like a charm, but when we enable trasmit the timeline wont play anymore, when we hit play or space the playhead wont move and even if we can scrub the timeline there is no image and no sound. The screen for the transmit is just black.

To change it back to a functional timeline again we have to force quit premiere and restart without mercury transmit on.

We have tried reseting settings, updating…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG - external monitor (via Blackmagic) ignores cuts to black

Playing back in a timeline with gaps between clips... when shot 1 ends and cuts to black, rather than the monitor output being black it just shows the final frame from shot 1. This freeze frame stays there until shot 2 begins.

This is fixed by adding 'black' between clips.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mercury transmit shows up and stays on screen when Premiere Pro is auto-saving in background

I have checked option "disable video out while in background". So, when i minimize Premiere Pro, i should be able to work on my secondary monitor normally. But unfortunately, every time I minimze Premiere, after a few minutes it starts to do an auto-save - and then, immediately Mercury Transmit shows up and doesn't hide until i disable it manually. Also, if i try to disable it manually, it takes a few seconds to hide. It disturbs a lot

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Overlays to read from any track, AND add a "Read From Top Down" Overlay option -- currently limited to V1-V8, A1-A8, or All Tracks

This seems like a really arbitrary limitation -- what if I need to see overlays for stuff on V9 or A9 or above?! Currently I'm working on a sequence with 15 video tracks and 20 audio tracks, and that's tame for a workflow that often involves layers for storyboards, footage, graphics, adjustment layers, vfx, color, etc.

1. Should be able to read overlays from any existing track or all of them

2. Add a "Read From the Top Down" overlay option, that could function exactly like the "Selection Follows Playhead" feature when all the video selectors are turned on --…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Full window kills mercury transit

Currently in build 13.1.3 (Windows 10 Build 17763)

You cannot expand the main monitor window fully I.E. without seeing Taskbar (Ctrl + Shift + \) and maintain Mercury transmit to third monitor (DVI Output).

My other two monitors are Dell U2715h (HDMI out of GTX1070amp)

Would be great to fully utilise space on the main monitor and be able to run in full screen - without the frankly useless task bar taking up valuable real-estate!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug report: Transmit + Compatibility Report

I cannot select my second monitor as Transmit output, every time I do it un-ticks itself when I leave the preferences making it unusable. From time to time, the transmit output goes fullscreen onto my main screen, covering the interface and rendering Premiere unusable for a few seconds...

Secondly, when I updated to the new version of Premiere, I also updated my AMD drivers which disabled OpenCL. Unfortunately, the Compatibility Report option didn't detect any problem when I thought it was supposed to guide us as to which is the latest compatible driver, leading me to spending hours searching and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG -Mercury Transmit

Win 10 Pro 1809
    Geforce 1070 419.67
    4 Monitors (DELL)

Unable to select Screen 2/3/4
    Defaults to monitor 3
    This also affects AfterEffects

Please Fix

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. mercury transmit simply does not work...

Ok. So I opened premiere pro today and... lo and behold. Yet again... Mercury Transmit decides to not play along. I don't get an error message or anything. Not even a hint of any other trouble inside the program. It just does not... well... transmit anything to the screen I tell it to.

I have disabled the immersive damned environment (Why is this not disabled by default by the way?!!!), I have set it all up all according to what is supposed to work. What has usually worked. I enable mercury transmit for only one screen, number 1 as that…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make mercury transmit... Work

Well. Another thing discovered with Mercury transmit that makes it freak out. UHD monitors... At least that's my guess since this one thing doesn't occur unless mu cintiq pro 16 UHD tablet is connected with displayport to my gtx1080 gpu.

Here's the thing. While the Cintiq is wonderful in many ways. It's just not built to be used for color grading of video. Even my low tier 28 inch 1080p benq works better because of its sheer size. I have color caribrated it with a colorimeter so the representation of colors is decent enough. And the size makes things feel…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PLEASE, fix transmit so that my footage doesn't pop onto half of my main display every time I click out of premiere.

PLEASE, fix transmit so that my footage doesn't pop onto half of my main display every time I click out of premiere. I know this probably has something to do with my displays being different resoloutions, but it really shouldn't matter. This has been an issue for years now and it's one of the most annoying things about using premiere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable more scaling options

I'm currently working with a Blackmagic setup, but it would be great to have Premiere more robust in allowing various scaling options when using Mercury Transmit.

As is more and more the case: people are producing a wide range of aspect ratios (1:1 and 9:16 for social media are most common), but to display those on a standard 16:9 monitor means seeing nothing but black because it's not enabled, or seeing a stretched image because scale-up / scale-down is enabled.

Please allow us to set what the monitor is (perhaps?) and let Premiere add letterboxing (pillar bars or otherwise) to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. mercury transmit directx mode

If you would add a mode where the mercury transmit fullscreen preview on the secondary monitor would render in fullscreen directX then it could use 10bit output on all gtx cards. it would also simplify HDR monitoring as it would now be using the hdr settings in Windows10

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. blackmagic

When enabling Transmit over Blackmagic hardware devices, two things would be helpful:

* more scaling options for non-standard frame sizes. i.e., it would be great to be able to set a 1080p output option and have an SD project fill the frame, or edit in a 4K scope timeline (4096x1716) and monitor it letterboxed on an HD display.

* when stopping playback with Transmit over Blackmagic devices enabled, the playback stops a few frames after the command. Playback stops immediately without Transmit over Blackmagic devices enabled. Makes it hard to edit when you can't stop on the frame you intend…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug: Another mercury playback / GPU rendering bug

Changing the opacity of this black video underneath my main video footage changes the brightness of my main video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OEuBbvjEr1cEkpMNqY0TMyzBOQjOQ08e/view

Turning off mercury playback / mercury transmit fixes it. But I obviously don't want to edit Software only rendering as it's a massive performance hit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG: Adjustment Layer + mask handling often turns to black preview

BUG: Adjustment Layer + mask handling often turns to black preview
    only restarting Premiere helps bring but the video preview.

Premiere Pro 12.1.1

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Playback Monitor Scaling that Works

My idea is to make the "For Output of unsupported frame sizes" option box work,

using a UHD timeline, and a 1080p monitor, we should be able to preview out to a BMD card. Please just give us a way to manually select an output preview res, regarldess of Sequence res.

Right now this option box doesn't do anything.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In Adobe Premiere CC 2019

In the new AP CC2019 I cannot sync my settings. I login via creative cloud and then it sits for awhile and then says sync failed. Please fix.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base