Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export window is slow to open and change settings

There is a delay of around 3-5 seconds when opening the export window (CTRL+M) and when changing any of the export settings. This issue occurs every time the window is opened or a setting is changed.

I've tried a complete uninstall and reinstall, clearing preferences, etc. and nothing will resolve this issue. The issue occurs on existing and new projects.

V14.6.0 (Build 51)
    Windows 10 Pro
    i9 9900K
    64GB RAM
    RTX 2080 Super

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Plugin freezes and has to be restarted

Platform: MacOS Catalina, couldn't test on Windows
    Version: Premiere Pro 2020 14.3.2 and 14.6.0 (beta)
    Steps to reproduce:

1. Install and run the attached plugin in ppro.

2. The plugin will freeze after 3 seconds.

We are developing a plugin for Premiere Pro and have encountered the following bug: Sometimes the plugin will freeze and has to be closed and restarted. This is usually accompanied by the plugin's renderer process reaching 100% CPU usage. We have attached a minimal plugin that reproduces the problem.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 14.6 crash deleting clip in bin

I updated to 14.6 yesterday. I'm on a Windows 10, Intel i9, 56 GB ram, Nvidia 1080ti GPU computer. I have three 4k monitors hooked up to the Nvidia.

Several times when working with clips in the bin, and pressing the "delete" key on my keyboard, the program would crash. So much so that I downgraded to 14.3.2, which is the last stable version of the software that I could use.

I've also found that for the past year or so, my custom workspaces are not saved. When I start a new project, bins are combined. When I open old…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Crash on changing sequence settings (resolution)

When I change my sequence settings from DCI 4k 4096x2160 to 2k 2048x1080, the program locks up and crashes. Using most up to date (v14.6).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Match frame on R3D Gemini footage causes crash

Hi there // I find that about 70% of the time if I used the match frame keyboard command from the timeline on R3D Gemini footage, it causes a crash.

And I use Match Frame like breathing, I can't help but hit that hotkey. Sometimes I catch myself, and press save, take a beat, then use the match frame key. Then it works, bringing up the clip at the frame playhead marker in the Source window.

But very often, I'm going quickly and just hit that Match Frame hotkey and boom, spinning ball of doom, force quit. This is actually…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: Timeline dragging does not show a wireframe of clip position

See attached video. In one of my projects, performance in general is particularly bad (4k media mixed with mp4's in timeline I believe is the problem). But when you select clips and try to move them around in the timeline, the clips remain where they were shown. The clips are being moved, but you can't see them. Definitely a bug.

58 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audio waveforms randomly disappearing!

Horrible bug with audio waveforms seemingly randomly disappearing. Seems impossible to get them back, even when rebuilding peak files. Especially annoying on long sequenzes.

Makes audio editing nearly impossible. Please help soon!

53 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Premiere Pro not opening projects if External Monitor is enabled.

Premiere Pro not opening projects if External Monitor is enabled. This forces you to open Premiere project by holding down Option Key, thus deleting your preferences each time. This thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-2020-not-opening-projects/td-p/11161646?page=1 is proof that other users are experiencing the same issue. This needs to be resolved as soon as possible. Thank you.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 14.4 & 14.5 crashing on startup - MacOSX 10.14.6 MacPro 2013

Hello - I am using Premiere Pro 14.3.2 - I have tried 14.4. and14.5 and both crash on startup; after extensive trouble shooting, it appears that "enable mercury transmit" is the culprit. When disabled, 14.4 and 14.5 opens projects without any issue; when enabled, it will ALWAYS crash on startup. if I reset preferences and caches 14.4 and 14.5 will open projects, but, when I "enable mercury transmit" it will crash. Help?

Mac OSX 10.14.6 - Mac Pro 2013 - system report attached.

Thank you,
    Michael Schoenfeld
    michael@michaelschoenfeld.com

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Premiere 14.5 crashes when opening a project from the slash/welcome screen

When opening a project from the 'splash screen' or otherwise known as the Welcome screen the software gets stuck opening the project. Also at the same time Premiere steals focus so I cannot see any other Finder windows or other software. I have to Force Quit it.

I can open the project if I create a new project and open the old project from the menu. So there is a work around but it's these silly bugs that simply shouldn't be there!

Mac OS 10.15.7 (19H2)
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
    Premiere 14.5 (Build 51)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. v14.5 Bin Functionality Flawed

Items contained in bins can not be deleted or moved into other bins or folders in the v14.5 release.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 14.3.0 BETA makes my CPU fan run at full speed.

With the 14.3.0 beta once my CPU fan hit full speed it stays there. Closing Premiere Pro 14.3.0 does not help. I have to reboot my computer. Adobe 14.0 does not do it nor does DaVinci Resolve.

I have an i9 9900K
    Gigabyte RTX 2070
    Gigabyte Motherboard.
    32 GB of RAM

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Premiere Pro 14.3.1 crashes on launch on Mac

I updated to 14.3.1 on my Mac laptop. It does not launch. It cycles through the startup screen and then crashes. Have to go back to 14.1 to work. Works fine on my Mac trashcan at work. Doesn't work at all on my Mac laptop running Catalina 10.15.6.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG - Exporting a team project fails if it has markers

I had a team project that I needed to deliver but the export kept failing. It would just get stuck at 0 percent rendered. After exporting it several times in small chunks, I noticed it only failed when I included a section that had a marker. When I removed the markers, it exported fine! I have not tested this on a regular project yet.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG Premiere Pro 2020

Since the last update, whenever I open one of my existing projects I am currently working on, it will not open. The program freezes and shows as "Application Not Responding". I have to force quit the application. If I open the application, create a brand new project, then Import a previous project, it will work...UNTIL I quit out of the application and then try to open it again later on. I'm not sure what's going on, but I have read a lot of other people are having this same issue.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ARRI Amira LUTs No Longer Work

ARRI Amira LUTs no longer import (as of 14.5 and in 14.6). These should be visible in the new Color Management window on Interpret Footage (as ARRI Alexa Mini is). They aren't and there's no way to toggle on or off. Nor on Master Clip as original implementation. However occasionally on export the LUTs are still loaded.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Premiere Pro crashes when adding/editing text objects

When in Premiere Pro (v14.3) adding text object to a timeline, after the 2nd or 3rd object placed in the timeline, Premiere Pro crashes when trying to add or edit another text object.

The other artist i work with was able to reproduce this issue by following the same description of the issue.

We both use Mac Pros. Mine runs 10.15.5, her's runs 10.13.X.

I will happily provide more info if it is needed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Premiere pro crashes when adding or deleting audio or video track

Premiere pro crashes when adding or deleting audio or video track.

I've tried a complete uninstall and reinstall, clearing preferences, etc. and nothing will resolve this issue. The issue occurs on existing and new projects.

V14.6.0 (Build 51)
    Windows 10 Pro
    i9 9900K
    64GB RAM
    RTX 2080 Super

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Premiere does not release memory used my expressions during export in Premiere Pro

As far as I can tell from my testing Premiere and Media Encoder do not release memory (RAM) used by expressions while exporting sequences with motion graphic templates in them.

I have a data (csv) controlling a mogrt. The csv contains is a list of captions, which should display at given time intervals.

The ram quickly grows from 3.5GB RAM for Premiere, while idling, to 30+GB RAM when exporting the video. My Mac computer luckily has 32GB of RAM so I can sustain this kind of an export if it's a short video. But this seems like a problem that…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base