Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Open CL and ProRes Raw Bug

ProRes Raw files are seeming unable to be played back on AMD GPUs using the latest PP 22.x + ProRes RAW 1.3 on Latest Windows 10 & 11.

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/issues-decoding-prores-raw/m-p/12648595

There seems to be a bug that prevents the rendering of frames using GPU Acceleration using OpenCL that produces a console Error and results in audio playing but only a black screen for video:

<12112> <Assert> <0> Debug Assert failed!
    Expression: dvacore::ResultSucceeded(result)
    Process: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
    Process ID: 9652
    Thread ID: 12112
    Thread Name: Display Thread
    File: ....\Src\RenderRequest.cpp
    Line: 228
    Function: AdobePlayer::RenderRequest::ProduceFrame
    Last Error: 6
    Assert Dialog Show:false
    Callstack:
    xRendererEntry…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. version 22.4.0 constantly recreating peak files every time project is opened

After an upgrade to version 22.4.0 of Premiere, every time I launch the application and open a project, Premiere wants to re-create/re-generate the peak (.pek) files. So, I have some projects that have new peak files for every time I have loaded the project.
    And recently, upon closing Premiere, I get a "Metadata writing in progress (194 files pending). If you quit before writing is complete, data will be lost. Are you sure you want to quit?"
    Historically, I know this has popped up from time to time for others in other versions, but this is a first for me.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. After Effects Dynamic Link Breaks

Since the 2021 update, every time I go to After Effects and back to Premiere, every single dynamic link for every composition pertaining to my project breaks. This isn't just exiting and restarting the program (which should no doubt be fine anyways) but by simply hitting save on After effects and switching the window back to premiere.

This bug is absurd as the compositions need to be re-linked every time and is massively infuriating.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. fix premiere pro 2022 crashing whole system when minimizing windows explorer (Win 10)

Premiere pro 2022 is crashing the whole system when minimizing windows explorer. it's unacceptable

i'm on win 10.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. M1 Mac : Issue on rendering interlaced video.

M1 Mac : Issue on rendering interlaced video.

I do PAL SD video editing on Adobe Premiere with my M1 Pro MacBook Pro and I notice a strange issue when I playing my videos in deinterlace mode (Yadif x2 with VLC or Blend fields with Telestream Switch). Everytime a do an export of my project (whatever the format : ProRes 422 HQ, H264…), some video track desappears, some frame repeat twice and opacity mask and Ultrakey or Lumetri effects do glitches.

Most of the time I get different glitch or blink with each export for the same project, without any…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Using Frame Hold causes flashes and glitches. M1 Max

Since upgrading to the Macbook Pro M1 Max, the 'Frame Hold' feature does not work. When used, the clip flashes and glitches. This happens to any and all video clips and graphics.
    If there is a layer under that clip, it shows through the frame hold. As if its turning the clip on and off repeatedly.

My Setup:
    -2021 16-Inch Macbook Pro
    -M1 Max
    -64GB RAM

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. PP 22.0 bogs down with Fuji X-T4 footage

CPU (Ryzen 7 2700 @4ghz) shoots up to between 90 and 100%, and RAM fills up abnormally when playing back Fuji X-T4 footage in PP 22.0. Video decode on RTX 2080 Super seems unreasonably low with CUDA enabled, disabling CUDA doesn't change anything. Video playback gets stuck on starting frame, audio does keep playing, but things get so bogged down pressing pause doesn't actually pause things for about half a minute.

Rolling back to 15.4.2 makes things smooth as butter again. CPU sits at 5-8% usage, RAM doesn't shoot up much, and GPU's video decode is nice and active.

I'm…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Preview Monitor activated: Crash on start Premiere

I have a setting with iMac 2017 and a Benq Monitor via HDMI at work.
    When I have activated the Benq Monitor as a Preview Monitor, Premiere CC2022 (and many older versions) hangs on start up (Wheel of Death).

The same configuration at home with an external Apple Cinema Display via Thunderbolt makes no problems.

The problem exists for over one year, always updated Premiere.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bug Report: Metalogging crashes Premiere Pro

On Mac (M1 Macbook Pro, Monterey 12.3.1) adding content to the Scene column in the Metalogging workspace crashes Premiere Pro. This occurs to me with small batches of 5+ clips and large batches of 50+ clips. A crash does not happen absolutely every time, but enough where it's a feature that's not usable.

My experience is with it happening on .mxf and .wav files.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Once again. A new feature introduced (New export) and old features break

Updated to the latest version to discover they are forcing everyone to re-learn how to export,(Which now takes more clicks) and now literally playing back an h.264 4k file randomly plays the wrong parts of the clip!! I see in the waveform that there's NO talking, but the video and audio plays talking from a different part of the clip. It makes no sense. I'm stuck now trying to figure out how to deliver this video to the client on time, but literally can't even edit because it's not showing me the proper clip. Please, for the sake of all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Project hangs on opening

M1 Macbook Pro, 2021 16". Only workaround is to open new project first, and then open project. Premiere Pro v22.3.1 (Build 2). Gets past splash screen, project seems to open, but then hangs on spinning color wheel.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. BUG REPORT : Premiere Pro freeze when media file is modified

Computer : Apple Mac Mini M1 16Go RAM
    Software Version : 22.3.1 Build 2

Bug description : Playback freeze, you can move the playhead but nothing happen in the program panel. Closing the project and reopening it stuck the software, needing a force quit.

Step to reproduce : Open a project. Position the playhead on top of a media file in the timeline. In another sofwtare (after effects in my case), re-export the media file and replace it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Would be great to have a live town hall meeting to discuss directions and features of Adobe products

While I feel this forum can be helpful, I feel like the issue of implementing features and fixing bugs is not efficient enough. Not enough central communication. An example would be how some bugs take months to fix or even be addressed.

Email and forum post updates feel so robotic and disingenuous. Show us a human. Let us interact with them.

I feel a more efficient method would be to have a monthly live stream that editors can interact with and actually talk directly to the developers so fixes can be discussed. Maybe give updates on current fixes so users…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rapid Memory Leak makes Premiere unusable

Premiere Pro CC 15.2 running on 2020 Mac Mini with 8GB RAM - MacOS Big Sur 11.4

Memory leak starts immediately and skyrockets after any edit, making editing impossible after just minutes. What this means is I have to restart Premiere after nearly every edit. Massive hit to productivity.

You can see in the attached screen recording, at one point tonight Premiere maxed out the 8GB memory and then used upwards of 12GB of Swap Memory, which also negatively affects the lifespan of the non-replaceable SSD in this computer.

Fix this ASAP.

Linking to video since the screen recording was…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New version 22.5 - proxies are rapidly blinking on an off

When I updated to the new version of Premiere (22.5) suddenly my playback starts blinking between the raw version and the proxy version. I just downgraded to 22.4 and it's fine again. Please help!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Timeline Bugs - M1 Max: Alt+Drag / Moving the Playhead

When clicking in the timeline to move the playhead, more often than not, there is no response/nothing happens, until I wait around 3-4 seconds and click, often multiple times, where I'd like the playhead to move to. This happens almost every time that I click in the timeline to move my playhead. The bug appears to be worse when using an external display (both via the dedicated HDMI port [16-inch M1 Max] and also via DisplayLink with a docking station).

Alt-dragging items in the timeline also seems to have a bug. When I alt+drag a clip, Premiere doesn't duplicate the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. remix tool - another bug

There seems to be issues with the Remix tool effecting more than just OMF and AAF exports. If a remixed track is on the timeline, using Transcription in the Text Window crashes the entire app. Remixed file deleted from the timeline leads to successful transcription. I have downgraded to 22.3.1 to try and escape the other Remix tool bug with OMF export. Now this shows up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Instead of just "Cancel" during a render that is stuck, have a second button for "Finish" so it wraps up the export that it's already done

So it's a massive pain when you're rendering and it just gets stuck and you don't want to lose all the progress you've just gained, instead of having the painful option to just cancel and think "jeeze I gotta wait all over again" there should be a command that can wrap up the current rendered previews.
    This way you can segment your renders much like in Media Encoder however it acts as more of a fail safe. Hey, maybe even input a "Rendered Timecode" to see how much of the timeline was actually finished as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Premiere 22.1.2 is beach balling on startup MacOs 12.2.

When I open any project I get a beach ball about 2 seconds after the workspace appears, before any video is displayed. The application never recovers. Reinstalled many times. The same media/sequences will work if I import them into a new project - then will beach ball fatally after quit and re-opening that project. Premiere 22.1.2 MBP M1max 64GB MacOS 12.2. 4K prores media, plays fine in finder. This issue came on very suddenly at 5pm EST on 1.27

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?