Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Open CL and ProRes Raw Bug

ProRes Raw files are seeming unable to be played back on AMD GPUs using the latest PP 22.x + ProRes RAW 1.3 on Latest Windows 10 & 11.

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/issues-decoding-prores-raw/m-p/12648595

There seems to be a bug that prevents the rendering of frames using GPU Acceleration using OpenCL that produces a console Error and results in audio playing but only a black screen for video:

<12112> <Assert> <0> Debug Assert failed!
    Expression: dvacore::ResultSucceeded(result)
    Process: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
    Process ID: 9652
    Thread ID: 12112
    Thread Name: Display Thread
    File: ....\Src\RenderRequest.cpp
    Line: 228
    Function: AdobePlayer::RenderRequest::ProduceFrame
    Last Error: 6
    Assert Dialog Show:false
    Callstack:
    xRendererEntry…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. After Effects Dynamic Link Breaks

Since the 2021 update, every time I go to After Effects and back to Premiere, every single dynamic link for every composition pertaining to my project breaks. This isn't just exiting and restarting the program (which should no doubt be fine anyways) but by simply hitting save on After effects and switching the window back to premiere.

This bug is absurd as the compositions need to be re-linked every time and is massively infuriating.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. To make GoPro Cineform or Apple ProRes a default render codec in sequence settings instead i-Frame only MPEG.

To make GoPro Cineform or Apple ProRes a default render codec in sequence settings instead i-Frame only MPEG. i-frame only MPEG causes a lot of render bugs, which not appeared than you using a professional codecs in sequence settings.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rapid Memory Leak makes Premiere unusable

Premiere Pro CC 15.2 running on 2020 Mac Mini with 8GB RAM - MacOS Big Sur 11.4

Memory leak starts immediately and skyrockets after any edit, making editing impossible after just minutes. What this means is I have to restart Premiere after nearly every edit. Massive hit to productivity.

You can see in the attached screen recording, at one point tonight Premiere maxed out the 8GB memory and then used upwards of 12GB of Swap Memory, which also negatively affects the lifespan of the non-replaceable SSD in this computer.

Fix this ASAP.

Linking to video since the screen recording was…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PP 22.0 bogs down with Fuji X-T4 footage

CPU (Ryzen 7 2700 @4ghz) shoots up to between 90 and 100%, and RAM fills up abnormally when playing back Fuji X-T4 footage in PP 22.0. Video decode on RTX 2080 Super seems unreasonably low with CUDA enabled, disabling CUDA doesn't change anything. Video playback gets stuck on starting frame, audio does keep playing, but things get so bogged down pressing pause doesn't actually pause things for about half a minute.

Rolling back to 15.4.2 makes things smooth as butter again. CPU sits at 5-8% usage, RAM doesn't shoot up much, and GPU's video decode is nice and active.

I'm…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. M1 Mac : Issue on rendering interlaced video.

M1 Mac : Issue on rendering interlaced video.

I do PAL SD video editing on Adobe Premiere with my M1 Pro MacBook Pro and I notice a strange issue when I playing my videos in deinterlace mode (Yadif x2 with VLC or Blend fields with Telestream Switch). Everytime a do an export of my project (whatever the format : ProRes 422 HQ, H264…), some video track desappears, some frame repeat twice and opacity mask and Ultrakey or Lumetri effects do glitches.

Most of the time I get different glitch or blink with each export for the same project, without any…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. v22 playback double speed (L twice) crashes premiere, ram spikes, playback doesn't stop. multi cam 4k; 15.4 works fine

Ever since upgrading to v22 playback double speed (L twice) crashes premiere, ram spikes, playback doesn't stop, audio gets crackly and it eventually freezes. My project is multi cam 4k; 15.4 works fine. Verified on two projects that render and edit fine on 15.4 and kill v22.

Troubleshooting this was a soul crushing experience

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Premiere hangs after one minute on simply playing a large video

Running Premiere Pro on the Lenovo ThinkPad i7 Gen10 16GB RAM, it simply hangs after importing a large video (~210 mn) by simply playing it on the monitor. The application gets unresponsive and I finally have no choice but to kill it using the task manager. I tried with Adobe Rush as well, and the same behavior shows up. This is just unbearable. I thought Adobe was doing professional software. I am very disappointed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug Premiere Pro 2020 crash when changing sequence settings

In the latest version I'm able to crash Premiere every time I make changes to a sequences setting - e.g. put in a new frame rate, change field order etc.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it work properly please

Adobe Premiere 2022 won't complete an export without locking up. I tried queue it up into media encoder instead with the same problem. Starts encode and then just stops 20-30% into export. First time using the new software on a brand new computer. More of a "Hey, there's something wrong here" than an idea to improve the program because right now it's just broke.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Premiere Pro 2022 has to be force quit every time I close

Ever since updating to Premiere Pro 2022 I have had to force quit the program with every project I work on.

The program has hung on opening past projects that contain dynamic links. Never fully linking the dynamic linked files. Stays on pending...

The program has hung when trying to nest a sequence with a morph cut.

This is not acceptable!

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
    3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB
    Big Sur 11.6
    running everything off of SSD drives.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Transcribe - "Export To Text.." BUG - not working

Transcribe - "Export To Text.." BUG - not working

Within Transcript Panel - Clicking on "Export to Text File.." does nothing

I can manage to successfully transcribe my video/audio file, I can also successfully create captions, what my issue is though is that when I go to my "Transcript" panel and choose "Export To Text File.." nothing happens. I even wait thinking its probably hanging or frozen up, and yet still nothing gives me the option to save a text file version of the transcribed audio to a folder on my hard drive.

The option looks like it should work,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. LUT browsing crashes Premiere

Hi, No matter which project, which LUTS, which folders, which computer, browsing LUTs makes Premiere Crash, just after 3-4 LUTS browsed. It happens to me and to all other editors i know in the planet. So it's a BIG bug that makes the color grading process a ****.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dynamic linking between Premiere Pro and After Effects no longer works with the 22 release

Dynamic linking between Premiere Pro and After Effects no longer works with the 22 release

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. All versions of 2021 and 2022 have severe issues

I've been using premiere pro and the adobe cloud for about 6 years now and the 2021 and 2022 versions of this application are just the worst thing i've ever experienced for a proffessionally priced software. I'm pretty good at diagnosing and resolving any issue that occurs in older versions but thee way audio is managed is abysmal in the newer version.

In the past 2 weeks, ive had the following issues across all versions of 2021 and 2022 and my current solutions:

Render will fail if I have a multicahnnel sequence (i work with VR outputs this is standard)…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Problems with composted video clips on newest premiere and M1 processor

The end of a recent video has 7 people who each say thank you and then freeze (using a frame hold). The frame held clips flicker and actually switch places on render. Preview looks fine. I had to work around using still images, but in a future project that will not be possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please fix Apple ProRes 422 HQ Codec gamma bug

The bug triggers when you import footage encoded in ProRes 422 HQ into a sequence encoded in ANY other codec. The imported footage seems to have increased gamma and takes serious grading efforts to fix and the only solution is to use a sequence with the exact codec the footage is in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Timeline Zoom In or Out Causes Crash 100%

Every time I try to "zoom" in or out on my timeline (increasing the size of the timeline view so I can see the clips better), Premiere crashes.

I've reset all my preferences, updated to the newest version, updated my graphics drivers, reset my PC, reset my workspaces, disabled GPU acceleration, cleared media cache. Nothing seems to fix this issue. Premiere doesn't even give me the option of submitting a crash report -- it just closes instantly without warning.

The two ways I zoom in and out of my timeline are the ALT + Scroll Wheel, and manually selecting the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Warp Stabilizer crashes with non-standard file dimensions

After a long session with Adobe support...

I use ProRes Proxy a lot for making lightweight files for editing.
    Sometimes the files end up having non-standard dimensions (for example, 1998x1285 - because it's the smaller 1.85:1 equivalent of a particular 4K Alexa file).

When I use these non-standard file dimensions, Warp Stabilizer crashes and shuts down the application. The same happened with the support representative's system, so it's not only on my end.

I've also checked with After Effects. There, it doesn't shut down the application but gets stuck on frame 1 while analyzing.

Please note the stabilizer works fine…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base