Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 keeps crashing. Please fix it. I keep losing the work i have just done and its taking me ages to complete a project

Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 keeps crashing. Please fix it. I keep losing the work i have just done and its taking me ages to complete a project

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

46 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mouse Disappearing

My mouse disappears at random while working on projects.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG - 13.0.2 Safe margins disables video output

When you turn on Safe Margins, it disables video and only shows a thin white line over a screen of black. Safe margins are not properly composited over the existing video in the Source or Program monitor. In the sample image attached, the Source monitor shows when safe margins is turned off and the program monitor shows when it is turned on.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Crashes with version 13

Premiere is crashing and freezing lots after the update... anyone else? I used to get crashes maybe once a fortnight, now it's a few times a day!

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. the new version crashes very very Fn often.... please fix asap!! I'm soo screwed :-O

I can't get any tech support!
    there should at least be a fall back to the last version to use untill a stable version can be sorted out!

I'm loosing my clients soon!! :-O

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Premiere Pro CS6 Startup Bug?

I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 on Windows 7. It works just fine on my laptop, which has the same operating system, but on my desktop I get the following error whenever I try to boot it up.

I was instructed by the help chat operator to post here about it in hopes it can be resolved. Please help. I need to be able to run Premiere Pro CS6 on my desktop.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to have more than one sub-version installed

Although I can install CC2017 without problem, if I want to use CC2019.0.2, and we're on 2019.0.3, it wants to UNINSTALL my current version.

Rule of thumb, if project files aren't interoperable (ie you have to convert them) then you should be able to keep multiple versions on your computer. I understand it's difficult to keep project files backwards compatible... fine... but let us then keep multiple versions of the software on the computer!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 13.1 won't open after "serious error" crash

Hey Adobe, you probably don't care and likely won't ever read this but I have had a "serious error" crash now using the latest 13.1 PP on two different machines on two different projects and now my 13.1 iteration doesn't open any project... Had to live chat with an agent two days ago to get it resolved, losing 90minutes of my precious life here on Earth to this issue and now I am about to lose another 90.

Please please please take my money and use it to release stable software in the future and not this buggy ****.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Instant Auto Save

Premiere Pro needs the option to save every keystroke, every edit, every change we make in our project instantly and continuously to the hard drive so that crashes will never again cause lost work.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Following up on the comment(s) already on this thread.

Would it be preferable to have a background auto-save that doesn’t interrupt work and then user can still set the frequency that they prefer?

Having something auto-save with every edit or keystroke would likely result in slowing down the application as it requires resource (no matter how small) to execute that function.

10. Fix for Auto White Balance Window for RED footage

Pop up window for auto white balance becomes unresponsive after you try to use the eyedropper and cannot close, forcing us to use task manager to close Premiere altogether.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hire and implement a large team of beta test editors to TEST Premiere Pro before release

Month after month, year after year, Premiere is buggy, yet they keep working on new flashy features while the original stuff is buggy.

PLEASE hire a team of Editors where all they do is TEST Premiere Pro CC with BIG project. I'm not talking about a 2 minute commercial, like actually a large feature film project with many layers, many different file types, effects, audio work, dynamically linked to AE etc etc etc. Over an hour long of fully edited stuff. Work with Keyframes, lumetri color, adjustment layers, luts etc.

Have these Editors beta test software and WHEN, not if…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make premiere more stable when handling corrupt/ damaged video files

I made a screencast showing how much Premiere falls apart when playing a video file in the timeline that's possibly slightly damaged (but plays fine in VLC and all other players) I honestly don't know what (if anything) is wrong with this video file but (as I've seen many times before) it's making Premiere fall to pieces and hang.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wQqAX9Uk81PG6vcLzZfLQx9OnFXIRwzI/view

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CC2019 SERIOUS CRASHES with multicam sequences.

Just cut and moved on the time line of a Multicam sequence. This is the fourth crash in 15 minutes. PP CC 2019 is acting extremely unstable with Multicam projects. Never had this with 2018. In the midst of a valuable project and cannot finish due to crashes.Wish I could open the project with 2018 as there is far too much work to recreate in the time i have..

Project has 3 multicam sequences so far (only cutting one at a time though). It has Audition replaced audio (Which has been render/replaced), two video files (DNxHD) and a mono audio…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix for when the project screen goes off-screen when using 2 monitors

Randomly when I am using 2 monitors, if I am to turn on my second monitor, sometimes the project window will then move to this new monitor, but the top of the window will be off-screen and there is no easy way to bring the window back into the monitor. I am left wasting time trying to resize the window to no avail.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ProRes 4444 Alpha bug

I ran into a serious little issue:
    Have a ProRes video, and it‘s overplayed by a graphical render from afx, being prores4444 alpha. It‘s fine by itself, but when there‘s a dissolve applied, AND a mask in the opacity settings, suddenly a strange black box appears during the dissolve where the video should be. This happens on the Mac Pro 2013 with D700 under OpenCL and Metal. If I switch to software, the bug disappears, but then the alpha element has a small black bar around all edges.

Please look into that!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Repeated crashing while animating simple masks

I'm trying to animate a mask on a (Gaussian) Blur effect and it keeps crashing as I'm trying to get the stupid select mode to let me drag the mask (using the hand icon) and fighting it because it's stuck on the Pen mouse icon which is adding more edges, even though I've severely zoomed in, so it's not a matter of scrunching all the UI elements in a small screen region.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG: Premiere ignores Media Cache location, writes to C Drive anyway

In the April 2019 release, Premiere Pro is writing some cache to C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files, *regardless* of the cache file location set in preferences.

This compounds with another bug, that MP4 caching can break down, causing several 10 second delays on every single frame load, which can only be resolved by clearing the cache.

Premiere shouldn't be using the C drive when it's specifically instructed not to. And that makes it much harder to resolve an issue such as the MP4 frame-load delays.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Opening Metada panel causes freeze crash spinning beach ball

Merely opening the Metadata panel keeps causing premiere to freeze with a spinning beach ball (mac).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dynamic Link Unstable Rendering

Not sure if it's specific only to my current project but...

I have a lot of dynamic links in my timeline and when I have AE and PrPro open and begin a preview render everything is fine.

When I go to cancel the render Premiere Pro Hangs and become unresponsive until I close AE. Then Premiere comes back.

So steps:

1. Open Premiere pro.
    2. Ctrl-E Open dynamic link comp
    3. Make some edits
    4. Render timeline back in Premiere
    5. Cancel render.
    6. Premiere hangs until you close AE.

Generally this version has a lot of stability issues so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base