Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ASCII project files

Please provide an option to save project files as ASCII files instead of binary. This is particularity needed for source control (such as when checking in Premiere Pro projects into a Git repository) and for traceability (i.e., who/when changed what) but also allows project issues to be easily rectified with a simple text editor (such as performing search-and-replace of media paths or replacing one plug-in with another and do it across projects in a fraction of the time that it would take to do it manually).

Note that all professional content creation software support ASCII files including Maya.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It is not the case that all professional content creation software supports ASCII files.

Premiere Pro project files contain both XML representations of project and timeline items, as well as chunks of binary data (from third parties as well as Adobe). No user editing or modification of .prproj files is recommended, or supported. Our media asset management partners use PPro’s APIs to export representative projects, as needed.

After Effects already provides an option the export a text-only version of the AE project; .aepx files.

2. STOP PUBLISHING UPGRADES WITH BUGS

EVERY **** TIME YOU UPGRADE, SOMETHING BREAKS.

this time:
    1) PS Type 1 fonts don't work
    2) Can't relink files to clip references

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 12.1.1 Build 10 - BUG TO FIX

Auto backup to creative cloud stops working after a number of saves. It says to check permissions but the only fix I can find is to move the backed up file from the creative cloud files, or save the project under a different name, and then it starts saving again. Is there a reason why the permissions change after a number of saves?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Open Premiere Without Creating Project

I like how you can start working in After Effects without creating and saving a project first. Sometimes I just want to quickly open a Premiere timeline to test a clip or an effect without creating a project file. Without this ability, I find myself having to create a bunch of 'test' prproj files that clutter my hard drive.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base