Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a sort clips in Premiere by date/time modified.

Have a sort clips in Premiere by date/time modified.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Problem suddenly with Premier Pro not opening multiple projects simultaneously

Between yesterday and today (August 25 and August 26, 2020) I can not open two different projects simultaneously. I could yesterday, but not today. This is an issue.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Project Manager: Collect Files while preserving original folder structures

I desperately wished Premiere's "Collect Files and Copy to New Location" feature would have an option to preserve the folder structure of the original files when copying them to the Destination Path.

Unfortunately tapeless workflows have made proper media management practices a total nightmare, especially when working with outside editors or clients who do not have sensible media management systems in place. This often results in media with duplicate filenames, etc., and as a conformist/colorist, I need to be able to determine the type of media (original camera format, shoot date, proxy/original transcode status etc) based on the information in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Power to decide who in production can open projects read/write

Be great to assign permissions to projects - e.g. editor 1 & 2 can read/write all as can all assistants, but editors 3-7 can only open this project read-only.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Premiere Pro crashes when I try and delete sequences

Premiere pro crashes when I try to delete a sequence, a folder, or any of the contents of that folder independently. This is a serious problem... and I see that someone else has encountered the same problem.

Premiere Pro 14.7.0 Build 23.
    Dell XPS 8900
    windows 10

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Transcriptions exporting to Word Doc

After a clip has been transcribed, it would be very helpful to be able to export that transcription to a Word Doc so editors can share with creatives for making paper cuts / outlines

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Update clips names from media files in project panel and sequences

Batch renaming clips and/or updating clip names from media files in the project panel AND sequences.

I also think there should be an option to match the sequence clip names to the project panel clip names.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Project manager behaves very badly when a project has proxies

If you have proxy files in a project and attempt to use the project manager and the transcode and consolidate function a lot of bizarre and unexpected behaviour occurs.

I recently found I could improve the results by making a project including only the sequence I intended to transcode and consolidate and nothing else, because despite being able to choose such an option in the project manager, it will ignore that choice and transcode every single clip in the project instead, hence having to make a project where there are no other clips than those in the sequence.

This almost…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keywords and tags metadata search not working in latest Premiere Pro

Morning,

Tried to tag sequences and things using a text metadata column in the project panel. Latest version of Premiere Pro. Can add the column, can add the tags, search works once or twice and then for some reason just stops. Empty (see screenshot). Not sure if it is something I am doing wrong, a setting that needs to be adjusted or a bug.

I ended up just naming all the sequences with the keywords, which worked for search and I could complete the report, but then what's the point of a tags or keywords meta field?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/metadata-search-not-working-in-premiere-pro-14-6/m-p/11669826?page=1#M316738

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When I create a sequence from a video clip, often the starting timecode is off by a frame or two

Like if I want my sequences to start at 00;59:50;00 (and the timecode of my video clip is also the same)... and I create New Sequence from Video Clip, the timeline starts at 00;59;49;29. Sometimes I've seen it 00;59;49;28.

It doesn't change even if I manually change the sequence starting time.

These video files I'm using are usually H.264. If I convert it to ProRes, and create a New Sequence from Clip, then it will be correct at 0;59;50;00.

This has been happening for at least a year now throughout the latest versions of Premiere. I didn't notice this issue…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. プロ製品と思えないバグの多さ。高い料金とってるんだからなんとかしろ!

プロ製品と思えないバグの多さ。高い料金とってるんだからなんとかしろ!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rotate footage in bin

If we can rotate some abnormal footage, it would be helpful, because we need to preview the footage before drag it into timeline

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Video Usage doesn't work in Productions

If you a Production with two Projects
    1. Contains all your footage
    2. Contains your sequences where you are using the footage

In this scenario, the video usage metadata column for the footage project says the footages hasn't been used in any sequences. Obviously, it is unable to look across Projects in a Production. It's another oversight which makes Productions harder to use.

Will this get fixed in the future or is this another Productions issue we have to work around?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. moving multiple open caption comments together

I am unable to move multiple comments in open captions. I wish some useful shortcut or ways to move comments together along with video ripple delete

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Duplicating Sequence changes content inside Timeline window

I have a typical Edit here of a 2 min film with some video layers and some graphics where I also use MOGRTs. Now i obeserve the following: I duplicate this sequence (right click -> duplicate). BUT the new sequence is NOT identical with the original. There are elements (manly graphic elements) of an older version of this edit inside. Must be a clear bug. Because when I duplicate a sequence I expect it to be identical. Please look into this. I am on Premiere 14.6. on an iMac Pro with Catalina 10.15.7

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. freezing/crashing when saving file

Premiere freezes when saving the project. If you cancel, the program crashes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add option to delete file from project AND disk.

Add shortcut SHIFT+DEL to remove source file from disk in project window.

So annoying to clear files only to still have them in the Windows folder and have to go through them again and delete.

Thank you.

/J

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hilfslinien pro Projekt abspeichern

Hilfslinien sollten pro Projekt (wenn nicht gar sogar pro Sequenz) abgespeichert werden und nicht allgemein.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premiere Pro CC Project Manager - Not copying all the files!

For the last few months, I've been asked to work from home from time to time due to the pandemic.

I have used the Project Manager to copy an edit in progress from our network storage server to my PC's internal hard drive. It's a really great tool that saves alot of time...sometimes.

A rather large project I am doing color work on - the project manager finished succesfully with no errors. I got home with my project, fired up PP and opened the project.

To my suprise there was footage in the wrong places on the timeline and some…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base