Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Project Manager: Collect Files while preserving original folder structures

I desperately wished Premiere's "Collect Files and Copy to New Location" feature would have an option to preserve the folder structure of the original files when copying them to the Destination Path.

Unfortunately tapeless workflows have made proper media management practices a total nightmare, especially when working with outside editors or clients who do not have sensible media management systems in place. This often results in media with duplicate filenames, etc., and as a conformist/colorist, I need to be able to determine the type of media (original camera format, shoot date, proxy/original transcode status etc) based on the information in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Team Project Scratch Disks location

Any chance that Team Projects will have the capability for saving different scratch disk locations per project in the future? Right now it appears you can change the location in the project no problem, but it changes to that scratch disks location for all Team Projects you have created. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. v15 Duplicate Projects in Production

I'm used to the duplicate error message- and understand the usual cause.

For the current producion I 'added' 3 projects to the production - those projects may well have had the same UID - not sure how they were created - but it should have given a unique UID when adding to project I think? As it is it is seeing them as 3 duplicates.

Not a problem to sort but annoying. Should be a warning when adding to project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Adobe Productions To Not Duplicate Sequences

In the Adobe Productions environment, if you edit a sequence from one project (as a nest) into another project's timeline, it duplicates that sequence into the project you've edited it into and if you Reveal In Project that nested sequence from the timeline, it brings you to that new duplicated instance of it.

This behavior doesn't occur with Source Clips (which is the beauty of Productions, obviously) and so I think the same behavior should apply to sequences.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ghosting objects in sequence timeline with PP 15.1.0

If you take a look at the video included you can see that the objects in the sequence don't show where they are going.

I just found out that the issue I spent over 3 hours working on yesterday with your support for PP is linked to the newest version of PP.  We found a fix by Cleaner uninstalling and reinstalling PP to version 15.0.4, but when I updated to PP 15.1.0 the issue returned. 

Case Number: ADB-19013782-Z5P6
    Issue: Guidance with Product/Project (as Adobe support calls it)

Video link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11k_q3eZNcJeWY1HYk-PB3zcLywYC4LYq/view?usp=sharing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Premiere can't load project with some VST Plug-Ins

I use Premiere Pro 2019. I always use VST audio Plug-Ins (Fab-Filter, Waves, Slate-Digital, Melda and more).

I have a poblem with loading project wich uses some VST audio Plug-Ins: Waves(may be all of them), A.O.M tranQuilizer(may be more from this company), Kratos 2 Maximizer and more. When peoject loaded more then half Premiere pro hang for enternity.

I disable Plug-Ins to continue work (so project loads normally) but I need them for work. So it's not a solve.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Spring-loaded Bins

Can you please have Spring-loaded Bins/folders in the project window? Similar to the way the Finder will open a folder that you hover over with your mouse. This would make it SO much easier than expanding bins before you start dragging assets into a bin structure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A Quick Start "Saved Template" for Project Bin Set Up.

I start my projects the same way every time. I am highly organized and have a system to keep things organized. I have to rebuild the project set-up every single time. Unless I missed it, I can't find a way to start a project with my bin template already there. I click it and I simply add the files.
    My set up:
    Bin:
    01 Sequences
    02 Footage
    03 Music
    04 Graphics
    05 Dynamic Links
    06 Screen Recordings
    07 Misc.

I have to build this each time. Please allow us the option to make a template for Preferred organization. 1 click,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cannot open previous projects with PP 15.0

While editing (in Premiere Pro 2020.  14.9) Adobe pushed the Premiere Pro 2021 (15.0) update on me, and my PC totally crashed.

When I rebooted, Premiere Pro 15.0 was installed (14.9 gone) and I tried to open my previous project. The PP program opens, but when loading the project data, the whole computer totally freezes and only a hardware shut-down will recover it. WTF???!!!

Same story when trying to open ANY previous project.

I unistalled all Premier Pro 15.0 software and reinstalled Premiere Pro 2020 (14.9). But, *******, same thing. So now I have effectively lost ALL my previous project…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sequences thumbnails - Make them different to clips

I find the sequence thumbnails too similar to the clips.
    They used to be different enough to quickly identify, but now the only way to quicky see is the icon in the bottom corner of each thumbnail which I don't think is enough.

Possibilities...do sequences need a thumbnail? Could there be a way to mark them with a colour or a common sequence thumnail/image?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can't Name or Rename a BIN in Premiere Pro 2021

Can't Name or Rename a BIN in Premiere Pro 2021

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix Reassociate master clips

We also have a problem here with reassociating master clips
    In our case an external editor has edited a sequence outside of our production in Final Cut Pro X. Hes's given us an XML (converted with XtoCC). I've tried several ways to tie this edit into my production:

1 - Create a new projekt in my production

- import XML and leave all footage offline

- reassociate clips in timeline to Masterclips which is in a seperate footage project inside of our production

2 - Create a new projekt in my production

- import XML and link footage to local
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. transparency grid

I use a lot of still assets that are black on alpha that are therefore impossible to see in their thumbnails in the Project view. I would love to be able to see the alpha transparency grid on thumbnails in the Project window. I would shift and simplify a large portion of my workflow from After Effects which is less well suited to editing. I can't be the only one for whom this would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Center screen at 0,0

Have the center of the screen point 0,0 instead of 960,540.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Recovery Projects produce a "Duplicate IDs" Error

"Please remove these duplicated projects and add them to the Production using the 'Add projects' command.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to take a team project folder offline and clear remote storage

I have a large team project and the sync folder is 100gb and is taking up valuable local hard disk space. I would love the ability to selectively take a team project offline and have it live in the cloud (until such time I can archive it in my office) and then clear the local storage for that team project via creative cloud files.

Currently I believe you can stop sync but that stops the sync for all files that live on the cloud and I still need to sync other folders.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. duplicate increment version

Hey,

if we duplicate in AE we get an incrementation of the version number.
    In Premiere we get xxxxx copy 01 as standard.
    I find that annoying.
    What if we make this consistent in the products?
    If we copy a project layer and the layer has a number in its name
    then you get it incremented.
    If no number is there we get a number and if we dupe this we get an
    increment.

Who else is part of this incremental journey and gives this idea a hug.

kind regards

Peter

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When does offer allowing individual CC subscribers to use Team Projects expire?

This article says the Adobe is allowing individual CC subscribers to use Team Projects until "early 2021". Can you be more specific about when this offer is going to end? I'm starting a job where we want to use a Team Project, but we need to know when this offer is going to end so we make sure we stop using Team Projects before that date. It's very important for us to know when this offer is going to end. https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2020/04/14/adobe-offers-team-projects-to-premiere-pro-and-after-effects-users-with-a-creative-cloud-individual-license.html#gs.u9o1sc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base