Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers. Sometimes it even goes back to the first frame.

If this also happens to you please tell your story in Adobe Community Forums : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/cc-2020-timeline-clips-shifts-after-moving-project-relocating-relinking/m-p/10923880

Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
    Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
    Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

92 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. WHY DON'T YOU ACTUALLY RE-WRITE 'PROJECT MANAGER'?

Mac OS 10.15.7, Premiere 2021 (15.2.0 Build 35)

FIX PROJECT MANAGER.

I've been doing a little looking around, wasting valuable billing time trying to make sense of why the Project Manager is such a piece of shite.

So here's what I discovered yesterday...

I attempted to Collect and Copy a problemetic project, which has failed before. And it failed again, but not before I got a glimpse of the stupid way you've coded this routine.

What I did was watch the Finder during the progress of the Project as it was collected and copied to the new location. Premiere began…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set Default Export Location Per Project

I work on multiple projects for multiple clients, and each project has a unique folder on my drive, and each project has its own export folder. Premiere Pro always defaults to the last used export folder. Would be a lot easier if I could set my export folder per project, when I set it up. I hardly change where I'm exporting anything, except between projects. I'm pretty sure Final Cut Pro 7 did it like this and I miss it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Label colors

In version 14.6, the label colors in the project window are missing. The color of the labels is very important to see the type of clips and media in the workflow of editing.
    Does anybody kkwon how to fix?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Toggle button to Include or exclude proxies in Project Manager window

When I do a copy of my used media with the Project manager, I always get a copy of my full length proxy files with it, even though I have detached all proxies. This increases the folder size enormously and should be easily possible to add.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create ''Premiere Live'' for streaming video with Adobe CC

In order to put Adobe in the era of 2021, this is a project that could cost to much for Adobe, but they should definitely try. Work on a new application to create a livestream more easily and efficiently.

• Manage your livestream in the Premiere Live app.
    • Connect your feed to Facebook, Instagram, or any social media platform that allows livestreams. Give the possibility to use RTMP/RTMPs or UTP protocol.
    • Ingest others videos feed from their phone or webcam through the Premiere Live mobile app or through a dedicated link on the web (ex: live.adobe.com/UserID/CodeOfTheLiveSessionsInAlphaNumericNumbers.prl
    • Make the possibility to import…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Project Manager - Retain Folder Structure

Please include the option to retain folder structure when managing a project via the Premiere Dialogue.

We go through great efforts to maintain an organized project, both within Premiere but also at the Windows Explorer level. It's incredibly frustrating that if we try to move a project, archive a project or just generally manage the project that Premiere takes all the files and dumps them in a messy pile in one folder.

We've stopped using it entirely, instead opting to copy assets manually and re-linking the project to the assets. It's a tedious process and doesn't allow for trimming or…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable Premiere Pro to make contact sheets of assets

I can set a thumbnail for my videos in whichever Bin the asset resides, after a shoot it would be great to be able to print a contact sheet of assets so that the client knows what's all there. Yes I "could" do a screen capture or some other work-around... but contact sheets are standard needs and it make sense to be able to hover over the clip, select the inpoint and use that as the thumbnail. Then allow me just like in Bridge to control the layout and make thumbnails.

*Note You can sort of do this in bridge,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve Reassociate Master Clips

When Reassociating a selected sequence in a project within a Production, currently you have to open one [media] project at a time and for all sequences in each [editing/sequence] project.

What would be nice is if we could open a project full of sequences, select them all and then 'Reassociate Master Clips with All Open Projects". That way we could have open already our media projects (which we can open all at once) and then do a big 'reassociate' all in one go. (open to even more simplified suggestions like 'Reassociate with all projects in the Production' or a function…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. FCP Translation Results displayed as "Missing Media" on startup, though not stored in project

At my work we export a fair amount of XMLs. When I receive a Premiere file from a coworker and open it on a different computer, it gives me the missing media popup every time I open the project, even if all the other media is online.

The "offline media" is FCP Translation Result .txt files, and the file path is always "/Users/(username)/Documents". There's no "Clip Name" displayed, since they're not stored in the project panel, or anywhere user-facing. This happens anytime the Premiere is unable to locate these .txt files.

It's not a big deal to just Offline All…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Team Project Media Management Bug

Media management relinking seems to require that every video file have a distinct name, even when those files are in different directory structures. For instance, many cameras shoot their video files with generic names (C001, C002, C003, etc.). When shooting with the same camera on different cards over multiple shoots, we will often have footage dumps separated in different folders for each day but with the same filenames in the respective folders (e.g. Day1/C001.mov, Day2/C001.mov, etc.). This seems to confuse the Media Management relinking functionality in Team Projects, causing some footage to be ignored (e.g. when all instances of C001.mov…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Productions: export selection as premiere pro project duplicate.txt

When using 'export selection as premiere pro project' e.g. to keep a backup of a sequence at a particular time, it should get a unique UID and not take the UID of the containing project. Thus we should not get 'duplicate project' warnings.

I know about 'make a copy' if I want to copy a whole project - this is just exporting part of a project, or even just one sequence.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Transcriptions exporting to Word Doc

After a clip has been transcribed, it would be very helpful to be able to export that transcription to a Word Doc so editors can share with creatives for making paper cuts / outlines

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Search Bin based on Star Rating

Within the Project Panel I often want to select only 4 Star and 5 Star rated clips, but Rating is not supported in the list of Metadata for selection. It is possible to use Find and Find Next based on Rating containing 5 or starting with 5 for example but not for search bins.

This seems like an oversight as I could imagine many users wanting to rate their clips and then making a search bin based only on the higher rated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. project backward compatibility

It would be great to be able to save a project like Photoshop and After Effects for an older version of Premier without counting on an FCP XML

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Label colors not appearing in project window for older projects

Label colors are selected in Metadata display but the colors do not appear in the project window column to the left of the file name.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. reveal multiple clips in project

Basically- what's needed is a way to find multiple clips in the project (ie select clips in the timeline and view them in the project panel), or even just copy them to a bin.

This would help with this instance, as well as exporting only needed files for other programs, and cleaning up the project (say, if you wanted to delete everything you're not using from the project.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Project Manager

Please please fix the bugs with project manager! It keeps giving me error message after error message and I've tried everything in the forums. This is SUCH a necessary tool for project management and delivering projects to colorists. It's so surprising how buggy it is!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Select All sequences when Collecting files

It would be great to be able to "Select All" sequences in the Project Manager when collecting files. I often have dozens of sequences that need to be collected when archiving a project and it is really tedious to have to make sure I hit the check box on every one. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base