Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers. Sometimes it even goes back to the first frame.

If this also happens to you please tell your story in Adobe Community Forums : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/cc-2020-timeline-clips-shifts-after-moving-project-relocating-relinking/m-p/10923880

Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
    Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
    Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with…

73 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

70 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation.

Trying to use Project Manager to export 6k Braw. but Getting this ERROR! an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation.

Please HELP!

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Project Manager - Retain Folder Structure

Please include the option to retain folder structure when managing a project via the Premiere Dialogue.

We go through great efforts to maintain an organized project, both within Premiere but also at the Windows Explorer level. It's incredibly frustrating that if we try to move a project, archive a project or just generally manage the project that Premiere takes all the files and dumps them in a messy pile in one folder.

We've stopped using it entirely, instead opting to copy assets manually and re-linking the project to the assets. It's a tedious process and doesn't allow for trimming or…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting new PP

I can't edit anything in Premiere Pro after updating to 22.0, even reverting back to old version does not fix. All video only plays as audio.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

PPro 22.0 won’t ship for a few years; we recently released 14.5. :)

From what previous version did you upgrade? The ‘video plays as audio’ sounds like it might be the result of OS-level changes to codec support; what format, and codec, are the failing files? [Do all video files just play audio?]

5. Label colors not appearing in project window for older projects

Label colors are selected in Metadata display but the colors do not appear in the project window column to the left of the file name.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Label colors

In version 14.6, the label colors in the project window are missing. The color of the labels is very important to see the type of clips and media in the workflow of editing.
    Does anybody kkwon how to fix?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. duplicate increment version

Hey,

if we duplicate in AE we get an incrementation of the version number.
    In Premiere we get xxxxx copy 01 as standard.
    I find that annoying.
    What if we make this consistent in the products?
    If we copy a project layer and the layer has a number in its name
    then you get it incremented.
    If no number is there we get a number and if we dupe this we get an
    increment.

Who else is part of this incremental journey and gives this idea a hug.

kind regards

Peter

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Premiere 2020 Not able to open saved projects.

I have to create a new project, import my old project files and then pick up where I left off. Sometimes when I close and try to open the new project, it will not open and then I have to re-do the process. There are times when the new project with the imported materials will open just fine.

I have cleared my cache. Rebooted my computer. I have not reinstalled Premiere.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Problem suddenly with Premier Pro not opening multiple projects simultaneously

Between yesterday and today (August 25 and August 26, 2020) I can not open two different projects simultaneously. I could yesterday, but not today. This is an issue.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Detach proxies, not just switch off.

Sometimes one doesn't merely want to switch off the proxies, but actually destroy the relationship between the clips in premiere and those proxy files.

If you simply move or delete those files, Premiere freaks out about it and tells you it can't find them every time you open a project. There's no way to tell it not to expect them even after clicking 'offline all' for a given session.

Also, the proxies REALLY mess up the project manager so until that can be fixed, one way around that would be remove their existence from a project altogether so the project…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Project Manager: Collect Files while preserving original folder structures

I desperately wished Premiere's "Collect Files and Copy to New Location" feature would have an option to preserve the folder structure of the original files when copying them to the Destination Path.

Unfortunately tapeless workflows have made proper media management practices a total nightmare, especially when working with outside editors or clients who do not have sensible media management systems in place. This often results in media with duplicate filenames, etc., and as a conformist/colorist, I need to be able to determine the type of media (original camera format, shoot date, proxy/original transcode status etc) based on the information in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Transcriptions exporting to Word Doc

After a clip has been transcribed, it would be very helpful to be able to export that transcription to a Word Doc so editors can share with creatives for making paper cuts / outlines

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Update clips names from media files in project panel and sequences

Batch renaming clips and/or updating clip names from media files in the project panel AND sequences.

I also think there should be an option to match the sequence clip names to the project panel clip names.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Project manager behaves very badly when a project has proxies

If you have proxy files in a project and attempt to use the project manager and the transcode and consolidate function a lot of bizarre and unexpected behaviour occurs.

I recently found I could improve the results by making a project including only the sequence I intended to transcode and consolidate and nothing else, because despite being able to choose such an option in the project manager, it will ignore that choice and transcode every single clip in the project instead, hence having to make a project where there are no other clips than those in the sequence.

This almost…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Duplicating Sequence changes content inside Timeline window

I have a typical Edit here of a 2 min film with some video layers and some graphics where I also use MOGRTs. Now i obeserve the following: I duplicate this sequence (right click -> duplicate). BUT the new sequence is NOT identical with the original. There are elements (manly graphic elements) of an older version of this edit inside. Must be a clear bug. Because when I duplicate a sequence I expect it to be identical. Please look into this. I am on Premiere 14.6. on an iMac Pro with Catalina 10.15.7

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. freezing/crashing when saving file

Premiere freezes when saving the project. If you cancel, the program crashes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add option to delete file from project AND disk.

Add shortcut SHIFT+DEL to remove source file from disk in project window.

So annoying to clear files only to still have them in the Windows folder and have to go through them again and delete.

Thank you.

/J

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hilfslinien pro Projekt abspeichern

Hilfslinien sollten pro Projekt (wenn nicht gar sogar pro Sequenz) abgespeichert werden und nicht allgemein.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Premiere Pro CC Project Manager - Not copying all the files!

For the last few months, I've been asked to work from home from time to time due to the pandemic.

I have used the Project Manager to copy an edit in progress from our network storage server to my PC's internal hard drive. It's a really great tool that saves alot of time...sometimes.

A rather large project I am doing color work on - the project manager finished succesfully with no errors. I got home with my project, fired up PP and opened the project.

To my suprise there was footage in the wrong places on the timeline and some…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix "Recovered Clip" issue in Productions

When keeping things like sound effects and music in separate projects in a Production, sometimes when opening a sequence (stored in its own project) it will create a "Recovered Clips" folder in the project that contains the sequence. Instead of remembering that the clip lives in a different location, it makes a new duplicate master clip that is then linked inside the sequence, and deleting it removes the clip from the timeline.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base