Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include the Text Engine Feature from Photoshop

We produce a lot of videos in Arabic and it's a hassle to have to flip the text through a third party tool because it's in the wrong reading order. It shouldn't sound like a luxury to be able to paste Arabic text into Premiere and have it copied as originally intended, but as of now it's completely flipped in an unusable manner. If there was an option like the one Photoshop to change the text engine format, we could cut down on a lot of tedious text flipping and save lots of post production time avoiding this step.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assigning shortcut keys to apply a cetrain effect on the selected clip(s)

I assigned a shortcut key for nesting. It would be awesome if I could assign another key for applying the "warp stabalizer" effect.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. why is the program monitor so hard to find or even redock- once it has been undocked from the frame set. t

Make the program monitor appear by default - e.g. appear back in the frame set - docked - when all windows menu is chosen. This way we can always find it without constantly having to choose program monitor from the main nav each time we navigate away from the main area - after we have undocked it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. the letters are too small, can hardly read it. It would be better if can be set to our preference.

the letters are too small, can hardly read it. It would be better if can be set to our preference.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Custom color the interface

I would like the ability to select custom colors for the Appearance preferences. Background, bins, scroll bar, highlight color, etc..

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug: Playback preference - Enable Transit not working

To view video on a second monitor, I use the playback preference Enable Transit and select the monitor. Not working in 13.0.1 and 13.0.2

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add a checkbox in preferences to allow alt/option or not allow you to change track height. Let the user decide.

A lot of people bitched about the mouse scroll changing their track height so in 2018, you added the option command to be required to change track height with the scroll wheel. Please add a preference checkbox that allows the user to decide whether they want to use option or not. It's just one more button we have to click multiple times throughout the day... :/ .

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rotating Masks

When I need to be extremely precise while creating a mask, the rotate option always appears and I have to fight it to go away. Every time. There should be a separate key that you could press and hold to rotate instead of select.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. a Switch Panel, with buttons that can be labeled & assigned custom settings to enable/disable

In my coworking space, I wear bluetooth headphones, but when the team comes over to view the cut and switch over to internal speakers, I have to navigate to Premiere Pro > Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Output > select > Ok.

It would be really slick if there was a new panel window, with generic looking light switches/buttons, the function of which is assignable to various things.

That could help with a lot of "deep menu" items that sometimes need to be frequently switched back and forth from, and a fast way to do so would be very…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Sony camera presets

When you create a new sequence, there are presets based on cameras that filmed the footage you are importing. Like ARRI, Canon, Red, AVCHD, Digital SLR. It would be great to have a list of the Sony cameras presets. Sony Alpha Mirrorless presets. (with options, of course

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A "Reveal in Finder" button in the Keyboard Shortcuts panel that reveals the keyboard setting .kys file

Just like it sounds, a button in the Keyboard Shortcuts panel (and similar preset panels) that reveals the actual setting file in the Finder (the .kys file for Keyboard Settings for example) would be really nice, instead of having to navigate through the User>Documents>Adobe>Premiere> etc etc

If you move your settings around a lot as many pros do it's nice to be able to access them quickly.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to change sequence audio settings after creating a sequence

When I create a new sequence it gives me the option to pick how many tracks of audio and what type of audio I would like to have. Stereo,Multichannel ect.

As of right now there is no way to go back to that settings window once the sequence is created. It would be great to be able to change those settings without having to create a whole new sequence.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Warn me when the Media Cache is set back to the default location. Bloated startup disk doom!

We all know Premiere makes a ton of media cache files. That's fine! We alleviate this by having a dedicated, external SSD where the media cache files are set to, instead of bloating our startup disks.

But! Quite frequently, for whatever reason, without notice, Premiere will set the cache files to the default location, which on the startup disk. Before my editors know it, they have 250GB of cache files on their startup disk and OSX is saying they've run out of space on their disk!

I'd love to have Premiere warn us when that location has changed to the…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Let Premiere Pro export quicktime codec H.264

Please find a way to let Premiere Pro CC 2018 export Quicktime codec H.264 like before.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support DNxHD or additional codecs on Blackmagic Decklink capture cards

On Windows, Decklink cards only support Uncompressed or MotionJPEG codecs. Please add support for DNxHD or additional codecs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. double save

Hello,

You should create a feature that whenever you save a project (ctrl + S) Premiere automatically will save the project to another destination of your choosing simultaneously. So let,s say I have a project on D:, in the settings you select "also save project to ________ drive. I have run into many corrupt projects, and this can be a convenient way to retreave a corrupt project. Yes, there is auto-save, but sometimes that does not save the latest version.

You have "Save a copy" in the menu, but it should automatically do so.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Safe Margins

Please either change the safe margins to a 7% crop action safe and a 10% title safe instead if the current and outdated 10% crop action safe and a 20% title safe. If you don't want to do this, then please allow us to customize the safe margins.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add a way to change the default pen line parameter in the sequence

Right now, it defaults to opacity. When I have a sequence come in that is needs heavy remapping, then I have to right click on every fx box on the clips and change it to time remapping. Over time this adds quite a bit and it would be cool to have a global parameter change that would allow to change all clips at once to time remapping instead of opacity. Then you could bounce between the two.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. fix the bug that deleted default workspaces reappear after restart and custom ones are put in the overflow menu

deleted custom workspaces reappear after restarting premiere. if i download sync, they are gone but my custom workspaces are in the overflow menu. like this i have to download settings and put the custom ones in the bar every time i restart premiere. i got to have just custom ones in order to get my shortcuts on the custom workspaces work.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base