Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please change the audio wave form color to the original way; which was: Black background, and actual waveform colored

Please change the audio wave form's colors to the original way; which was: Black background, and actual waveform colored.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add modifier keys

It would be nice if there were other modifier keys instead of just ctrl, opt, command and shift. For some of my keyboard editing I would find it easier if the function keys (F1-F12) could also be used as modifier keys, e.g. F6+1 to target track 1.
    FCP7 they had this as an option. It would also open up the keyboard to more customizable shortcuts.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a keyboard shortcut to "add/delete a key frame" for effect masks

E. g. gaussian blur when blurring a moving person. I find it more effective and trusted to do it manually than with the automatic option because it works frame by frame (even when the person is at rest)).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Getting blank custom workspace when changing form another workspace to one of my own

Whenever I switch to a custom workspace that I created from one of Adobe's or another users, I get a blank workspace with no panels at all.

It appears it's a bug that isn't saving the workspace or not allowing you to access a custom one when switching from anothers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. dark on light interface

I would like you to bring back the option to have a dark-on-light interface. The current interface color makes it hard to read text, and all that dark gray looks depressing and somewhat sinister. I want an interface that looks happy and wholesome, like something professionals use during the daytime - not a dark, creepy "interface of the night".

Most of your users are creative professionals with strong ideas about color and design. I'm sure we would all love to be able to turn off the default interface colors and customize our own, to make the interface look just how…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. sync setting

A single toggle option to upload sync settings upon close and download upon opening. Just to avoid having to sync settings manually and be asked

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The option to have keyframes use linear spatial interpolation by default, instead of auto beizer!

After Effects has this option, and for good reason! Auto bezier leads to all sorts of unintentional movement. This is especially newb-unfriendly.
    This is Unique ID 148 on my spreadsheet
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868629

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ask me where to save cache files when opening a project.

Premiere currently keeps writing cache to unwanted directory.

When opening up a old project, Premiere starts to write cache to the disk that was selected last time. Give us a tickbox in the settings that makes Premeire ask where to save/move cache every time a project opens.

This is useful when moving between computers and working with limited space default directory. Premiere will no longer clog up a :C drive for example.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. REQUEST: Adobe Premiere Extensions Accessed Via Mappable Keyboard Shortcuts

Give Adobe Premiere Pro the ability to keymap extensions via shortcut commands.

This feature is lacking, and it's a solid request. Please look into this.

Thanks

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Rotating Masks

When I need to be extremely precise while creating a mask, the rotate option always appears and I have to fight it to go away. Every time. There should be a separate key that you could press and hold to rotate instead of select.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow to prevent cursor placement in hover scrub affecting where the clip opens up

When I'm trying to open a clip in thumbnail mode, I often want to open it from the beginning. With hover scrub on, I have to rewind to the beginning because the clip opens wherever my cursor lands. This is a handy feature for some cases, but not all. It should be optional.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Include the Text Engine Feature from Photoshop

We produce a lot of videos in Arabic and it's a hassle to have to flip the text through a third party tool because it's in the wrong reading order. It shouldn't sound like a luxury to be able to paste Arabic text into Premiere and have it copied as originally intended, but as of now it's completely flipped in an unusable manner. If there was an option like the one Photoshop to change the text engine format, we could cut down on a lot of tedious text flipping and save lots of post production time avoiding this step.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Assigning shortcut keys to apply a cetrain effect on the selected clip(s)

I assigned a shortcut key for nesting. It would be awesome if I could assign another key for applying the "warp stabalizer" effect.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. why is the program monitor so hard to find or even redock- once it has been undocked from the frame set. t

Make the program monitor appear by default - e.g. appear back in the frame set - docked - when all windows menu is chosen. This way we can always find it without constantly having to choose program monitor from the main nav each time we navigate away from the main area - after we have undocked it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. the letters are too small, can hardly read it. It would be better if can be set to our preference.

the letters are too small, can hardly read it. It would be better if can be set to our preference.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Custom color the interface

I would like the ability to select custom colors for the Appearance preferences. Background, bins, scroll bar, highlight color, etc..

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug: Playback preference - Enable Transit not working

To view video on a second monitor, I use the playback preference Enable Transit and select the monitor. Not working in 13.0.1 and 13.0.2

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add a checkbox in preferences to allow alt/option or not allow you to change track height. Let the user decide.

A lot of people bitched about the mouse scroll changing their track height so in 2018, you added the option command to be required to change track height with the scroll wheel. Please add a preference checkbox that allows the user to decide whether they want to use option or not. It's just one more button we have to click multiple times throughout the day... :/ .

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. a Switch Panel, with buttons that can be labeled & assigned custom settings to enable/disable

In my coworking space, I wear bluetooth headphones, but when the team comes over to view the cut and switch over to internal speakers, I have to navigate to Premiere Pro > Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Output > select > Ok.

It would be really slick if there was a new panel window, with generic looking light switches/buttons, the function of which is assignable to various things.

That could help with a lot of "deep menu" items that sometimes need to be frequently switched back and forth from, and a fast way to do so would be very…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Sony camera presets

When you create a new sequence, there are presets based on cameras that filmed the footage you are importing. Like ARRI, Canon, Red, AVCHD, Digital SLR. It would be great to have a list of the Sony cameras presets. Sony Alpha Mirrorless presets. (with options, of course

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base