Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort sequences by modification date (not creation date)

It would be extremely helpful to have modification date/time metadata listed for sequences. Currently, this metadata only exists for media in the project. This has been an issue for a very long time now, and most other editing applications have this feature. It's especially crucial when a different editor takes over someone else's project or is referencing an older project. Please make this feature available, we would be so incredibly grateful! Thank you!

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customizable Focus Highlight Color

It would be really great if the end user could choose a Focus Highlight Color from a color wheel and set it to any shade he/she requires. This will add tremendous value to PP as end users truly love customizing the look and feel of a product they use on a daily basis. I have attached an example I saw on a forum.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keyboard Shortcuts Locking up in 13.1.0

In 13.1.0 (193), was trying to adjust a keyboard shortcut and the whole program would lock up for about a minute before I could close the window.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Play audio while scrubbing unticks itself

Play audio while scrubbing in the prefs keeps unticking itself everytime I start the programme. I use PP version 12.1.2

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add an "Import Sequence Preset" button for sharing custom sequence settings

Add an "Import Sequence Preset" button for importing or sharing custom-made sequence settings with other people. This would be similar to the import preset button in the Export window. It would help for sharing a custom-made sequence preset with a group of people.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sync Keyboard layouts

I have had to get new computers and switch to new ones a lot lately. My settings never sync to the new machines and I always have to remake all my keyboard shortcuts. Keyboard shortcuts should be attached to my CC account not the app on the computer. That way we can download our keyboard or workspace layouts when we upgrade gear or have to restore apps.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Workspaces missing when updating from 2018 (12.1.2) to 2019 (13.0)

After updating my Premiere version to CC 13.0, my workspaces stored in Creative Cloud settings refuse to sync. The settings were on the computer and worked with 12.1.2, but after updating to 13.0, I can no longer see any of the existing workspaces and I can't seem to re-add them using another computer with the same workspaces synced with Creative Cloud. I will be reverting to the previous version until I can actually use my own settings with the new version!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shortcut for reverse clip

A shortcut to immediately reverse a clip.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. load custom video tracks onto new sequence preset

I would like to be able to load my custom video tracks onto a new sequence preset. Apparently I can only do it with audio. It would save a lot of time. If I'm creating a sequence preset it's because I want to save time and start working immediately. Instead of having to name my video tracks every time I start a new project. If you can do it with audio, please make it available for video tracks.

Thank you very much,
    Ricardo

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Preset preview playback speed

Back in the 1980's when I first started editing on 3/4", we had buttons for half speed, full speed and 2x speed playback forward or reverse. I'd love to have a way to program a key to be whatever playback speed I want, without having to hit a long key sequence to get there. Like right now to get a slower speed forward, I have to hit [space]JJ (space bar, upper case J twice to get the speed I want.) That's fine if you do it once, but I'm going to get carpal tunnel syndrome doing it all day for…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Image Set to Frame Size - Preference option to always have this selected when dragging into your timeline

Add a preference options to always 'set to frame size' when dragging an image into your sequence. So, you don't have to do it for many pictures on your timeline

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. save editor settings

Be great to be able to import editor settings (as per avid) which includes trim/timeline/keyboard/autosave settings all in one go. Also useful to be able to import settings (eg keyboard) rather than have to copy them to a folder..

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. waveform generation

I have projects with very big large footage that I don't need the peak files and are filling up my cache. Then I have projects in which I do want to have that done automatically.

And it's inconvenient to reset it every-time through the preferences.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. pending

Hi, I came up with 2 solutions about the "media pending" problem you get with .MP4 video files. In my case, these 2 methods worked fine for me but I truely believe the first one is the most important and effective.

• So, to solve that you have to reorganize your "Assembly" window. What I mean by that is to reorder your media files by putting them in several bins. Instead of having 3 bins of 60 files in it, make 10 or 12 bins with 10 to 20 files maximum in them. Then, things will be faster to load and…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove master track stereo icon - so decrease width of header

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9706434#9706434

This is driving me bonkers. I'm working on a laptop and it's killing me interface-wise.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reveal in finder shortcut

The option to assign a shortcut to 'Reveal in Finder' for assets in the project panel seems to have disappeared in the 2019 update.

Not sure why this is? It would be great if shortcut options could remain consistent. Thank you for your work.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make shortcuts export easier and interchangeable between Mac and Pc

There should be an export keyboard shortcuts button on the keyboard shortcuts panel. And that file should be usable on Mac and Pc.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Second auto-save location

Would love to be able to set two locations for auto-save files. We keep our team in sync by saving into a synched Dropbox folder, which works perfectly - however, for added backup some editors like to keep copies of their projects in an unsynched folder on their own backup drive as well. It would bring us peace of mind to have projects automatically backing up in that optional second location.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base