Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. be able to change the default marker color

It would be very helpful to be able to change the default marker color

39 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Colored areas showing used footage in source monitor

I like the show duplicate frame options in the timeline. And it got me to thinking the other day. Wouldn't it be neat if we could have something similar when pulling a clip up on the source monitor. Instead of duplicate though, there could be colored lines over sections of the timeline showing footage used currently in the timeline. It could get real fancy and show the time when, but I'd be happy with just the bars showing what sections of a clip I've already used.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Autosave when idle for 30 seconds

Avid doesn't interrupt you when you're working in order to autosave.

You can select an autosave of, for instance, 5 minutes in preferences, which means at the 5 minute mark it will wait to be idle before autosaving.
    A second 'force autosave' preference is available. If you set that to say, 10 minutes, it would stop you working (like Premiere) and force an autosave.
    It is so annoying to be away from your desk only to sit down and get an autosave.

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Validate preferences on startup

Why is it that one of the standard suggestions given for resolving problems is to "trash preferences" because they get corrupted?
    Why/how are preferences getting corrupted in the first place ? That seems absurd.

And if that's not easily remedied, then why not at least validate the preferences data upon startup, to warn users of the corruption? Having to reset all your preferences is not acceptable.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. folder for most used efects

Premiere should automatically create a folder for the most used effects and plugins.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Transmit presets

Transmit presets.

A way to save configurations of video/audio out configurations - and switch with the stroke of a hotkey. (Maybe even entire preference panel presets).

I find myself opening preferences and setting different audio/video out every time I switch between me editing - and showing the client. Very annoying!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Workspaces not working

Saved Workspaces do not work in Premiere Pro. When I arrange my windows the way I like them, I go Workspaces --> Save As New Workspace, title and save it. But when I close Premiere and re-open a project, the windows are not where I saved them. If I go to Workspaces --> and select the new one I just saved, nothing changes!

It was suggested that I file a bug report.

Here's the original thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2514315

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Place label colors next to label names in the timeline menu.

I like to change my clip colors by right clicking a clip or group of clips in the timeline, going to >label> then selecting the label color. With all of the new color options I have a hard time remembering which color is which, and which color I've selected for specific characters, locations, or scenes in my timeline. Would be great just to have a small swatch next to the color name to quickly identify!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto "Scale To Frame Size" Option

When editing longer timelines with mixed photos, SD, HD, 4k, and larger formats from several sources, it becomes a hassle to always "Scale To Frame Size" with unmatched footage. Would be great to have a timeline settings option that defaults to "Scale footage to frame size" so that we can turn off the "Scale To Frame Size" option rather than turn it on- It's much more frequent that I turn it on!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In and Out Points after Interpreting

I propose an option when interpreting footage in Premiere. Lets say you have a bunch of files shot at 60fps and you bring them into premiere and start working with them. You set in and out points on all your clips trying to trim the fat. Well now I know I want those shots on a 23.976 timeline to playback in slow motion. I could slow down the clips with speed in the timeline right? Well that does not work as well as interpreting the footage does. So I go back to my file and I do modify>interpret footage. This…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add 'Insert and Overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips' button to the keyboard shortcuts menu

I would like to be able to create a keyboard shortcut for the timeline button 'Insert and Overwrite sequences as nests or individual clips' which allows you to toggle nesting or not nesting your inserts and overwrites into the timeline.

This would definitely help make my timeline experience a bit easier and faster.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Default Export Type Not Just From Same Timeline

I'd like Premiere to be able save a default export type instead of always making me pick. I get that when I re-encode an existing timeline it takes the last one, but I want a default across my project.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ease In & Out Hotkey Option

Hi, please add the option to set Hotkeys for Ease In and Ease Out of Keyframes! I don't know how many hours of my life this has allready cost me, always having to right click and chose Ease In or Out! PLEASE make it happen!

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow for the extended range of lumetri values with slider.

make it so that you can select extended values for things like contrast that only go from -100 to 100 on the slider now but can have values between -150 to 150 manually set

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change default names when duplicating item in Project Panel

Any time I duplicate a file in the Project Panel, the default name is "copy 01." There needs to be a way to change this default so that it doesn't say "copy." Why can't it just create a sequential file name like in After Effects? I label sequences as version numbers, so it would be great to just duplicate and have the sequence labeled as "v2" then "v3" instead of "v1 copy 1." It's very annoying and a waste of time re-naming sequences over and over again.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. keyframe besier handles in Program window too small

When editing spacial key frames in the Program window to adjust bezier paths, the path, keyframe points, and bezier handles are difficult to see and click on. Larger points and handles would be great. The ability to customize the color and size in preferences would be preferable. It is possible now to adjust the brightness but not the size or color.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug: keyboard shortcuts don't import after version update

When updating versions of premiere, my keyboard shortcuts do not come with me to the new version. I've tried: selecting import preferences during the software update, and my preferences for "sync settings" include keyboard shortcuts. I've even tried manually moving the .kys file from the previous version to the next. All to no avail. We shouldn't have to manually enter new shortcuts for every update. Other people seem to have this problem too: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2358348

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sort sequences by modification date (not creation date)

It would be extremely helpful to have modification date/time metadata listed for sequences. Currently, this metadata only exists for media in the project. This has been an issue for a very long time now, and most other editing applications have this feature. It's especially crucial when a different editor takes over someone else's project or is referencing an older project. Please make this feature available, we would be so incredibly grateful! Thank you!

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Customizable Focus Highlight Color

It would be really great if the end user could choose a Focus Highlight Color from a color wheel and set it to any shade he/she requires. This will add tremendous value to PP as end users truly love customizing the look and feel of a product they use on a daily basis. I have attached an example I saw on a forum.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keyboard Shortcuts Locking up in 13.1.0

In 13.1.0 (193), was trying to adjust a keyboard shortcut and the whole program would lock up for about a minute before I could close the window.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base