Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Edit Workspaces

edit Workspaces

last year I sent a feedback but I think it's worth sending again. I have been working with the "Projects" table on the top left side and the "Info" table on the side.

I saved this workspace, but every time I open a new project it returns to normal... (stay below with the effects table)

thx

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restore DV capture settings in Premier and Catalina

DV capture settings have disappeared. Please restore and work with MAC to restore settings.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hebrew in Premier Pro

Please make it possible to write in Hebrew in Premier Pro and that it wouldn't show the word reversed, Thank you!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to Set Default "Open Project" Directory

As a user, I can set a default directory which will be available when I click "open project" from the home screen of Adobe Premiere Pro.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Edit Keyboard shortcuts simply does not work

I am running both Premiere Pro 2019 and 2020 and in the 2020 version (latest build) when I go to Edit/Keyboard Shortcuts absolutely nothing happens. The default shortcuts are working but I cannot edit them. They are working as expected in 2019.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Force Premiere to use XMP sidecar files

Entering file metadata on multiple clips at once seems to cause Premiere to crash for some of us. (See this issue reported almost a year ago: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/36933751-bug-entering-xmp-metadata-in-batches-causes-crash)

It seems that one way to resolve this issue might be to create a setting that forces Premiere Pro to write XMP metadata to sidecar files even if a given file format supports embedding it within the file.

Even if this issue were to be fixed, it seems like sidecar files would be less error prone and I personally would feel more at ease if Premiere wasn't altering my video files in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please, make possible for the users to choose the video card they have and want to use in the settings!!

Please, make possible for the users to choose the video card they have and want to use in the settings!!

Premiere advices me to upgrade my internal video card and in fact doesn't turn on in the 14 version when I switch it off in the system. Instead of that you could make possible, in the settings, to choose which one of my video cards I will be using. Because my external one is much more powerful but the Premiere keeps looking at the internal one. Thanks for your work

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. guides

Would love it for guides to be not workspace dependent but timeline dependent. So that a particular timeline has it's own set of guides. I get wanting to have the same guides that I can use across all timelines, but when I'm doing versioning for social spaces, I need my guides to be different for the different screenscapes I'm working within.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Clip Codec in Video Overlay Settings

As an addition to the Overlay Settings, I would like to be able to view the Codec of any clip under the playhead in the same way that I could view Timecode.

This could be useful for users that edit proxies so that they can be aware that they are using proxy media or full resolution media.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Timeline Preference for new tracks - Sync Lock OFF (or on)

Sync lock can be useful, but 9 times out of ten, when I add a new track to a timeline, I want it off. It's forever screwing me up when I go to trim after adding something to a new track and it can be awhile before I notice I just chopped the **** out of my new track. It would be great if there was a timeline (or sequence) preference that allowed you to choose the default behavior of sync locks for new tracks--ON or OFF depending on how the user likes to work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I have twice been told that Audition has a black background for the workspace and grey text and that it can't be changed.

It seems ridiculous to me that I pay $600/year for Creative Cloud and you can't let me set my screen colors. I get this option with freeware! How about it? In the long run "You can get a Model T in any color you want as long as it is black" didn't work for long for Ford and the Model T cost less than Creative Cloud.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I have Vegas pro installed on the same computer and the scroll mouse woI can't change it and I have a big problem practicing on two programs

I have Vegas pro installed on the same computer and the scroll mouse works differently there. It doesn't shift sideways but works as a zoom.
    I have a big problem practicing on two programs

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow editors to change the colour of the softwares interface

I know editors whereby they feel that the defult colour scheme is obslite, Please allow us to change the colour of the interface ie the blue and grey colour scheme.

I understand we are able to change the shades of the colours, but the ability to completley change the colours would be great!

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unlimited Custom Labels

I love being able to color code my clips, and to have the flexibility to choose my own custom label colors, but having only 16 label slots really limits my color coding system! Avid Media Composer allows you to open up an unlimited color picker for each clip, and you there is NO maximum number of colors.

I miss being able to label things with detailed categories- ex: Blues for interviews, every subject is their own shade of blue. Pinks for Broll, every location is a different shade of pink. And so on. Glad Premiere has expanded the number recently…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stop defaulting Write XMP ID on Import to Off

Every single time I update Premiere, it changes Write XMP ID to Off. I can't understand why it would do this, but it's ridiculously obnoxious. Default it to on. Leave it on.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatic Audio waveform generation

Our setup is multiple user account in single workstation and every user has their own settings. i am looking for a particular settings that need to be disabled across all user profile.

Is there any option to disable "Automatic Audio Waveform Generation" in config file globally?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. An Autosave countdown warning would be amazing. Autosave is incredibly disruptive and always cuts you off in the middle of something.

Autosave is incredibly disruptive and always cuts you off in the middle of something. It's really not okay for this to happen and can throw off your cutting groove. It's essential not to be interrupted, especially mid-edit. If the team is not capable of coding a non-interrupting autosave, please allow the option of an autosave warning, or countdown, letting us know the program is about to save and completely stop you from working. If we're deep into an edit and need to focus, we can hit a command/use a mouse click to stop the autosave before it kicks in. Removing…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mouse scroll ZOOM should be an option in Preferences instead of just Horiz and Vert.

The horizontal behavior of mouse scroll is the stupidest functionality I've ever encountered. Mouse Scroll should ZOOM and yet under preferences the only options are Horizontal or Vertical. Please add ZOOM instead of having to hold ALT key for what, to some people, should be the default action.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to toggle rotate when masking

When masking, the tool focus nearly always switches to rotate the entire mask instead of allowing access to the individual point(s) I want to select. I have never had to rotate a whole mask and do not ever thing I should need to anytime in the future. It would be very helpful to have the ability to switch this feature off.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base