Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability To Save Layout When Opening Legacy Title Window

I have used Premiere Pro for 9+ years and a TON of my projects use Legacy Titles. I need to be able to save the layout of the Legacy Title pop-up window so I don't waste time re-sizing and choosing my panels every time I need to make an edit. It's currently unusable at pop-up.

Switching to the new Graphics panel will not help me because I have 9+ years worth of Legacy Titles. See attached image - this is what I get when I open the Legacy Title - I cannot make changes in the properties tab, for example,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability To Save Layout When Opening Legacy Title Window

I have used Premiere Pro for 9+ years and a TON of my projects use Legacy Titles. I need to be able to save the layout of the Legacy Title pop-up window so I don't waste time re-sizing and choosing my panels every time I need to make an edit. It's currently unusable at pop-up.

Switching to the new Graphics panel will not help me because I have 9+ years worth of Legacy Titles. See attached image - this is what I get when I open the Legacy Title - I cannot make changes in the properties tab, for example,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow users to change location of Adobe folder

Every time Premiere Pro is opened, it creates a folder in Documents named Adobe, with subfolders for each application (e.g., Premiere Pro, After Effects Pro, etc.). Our team (as well as the many other users ranting all over the internet) would like to be able to choose a different location for this Adobe folder so it doesn't show up in Documents and mess up our file organization system.
    This is a source of real frustration for our team, and it seems there are many many other users that agree with me. Please fix this soon. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Move task bar so you don't lose screen real estate at the top?

The new (stupid) task bar at the top (that separates editing and exporting???? You're not DaVinci Resolve!?!?) means I lose screen real estate - when I move, minimise it etc, certain features become unavailable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Colour coded/customised workspace windows

I love the overall customisation in Premiere with workspaces, but use quite a few of them especially during onlining work. I would love an option to colour code windows, like a tint, so that I can easily glance different areas of the workspace - rather than it all being grey. When windows are tabbed together, at a glance it can be quite tricky to quickly navigate from audio, to effects, to rushes, and so on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow light mode for Adobe Premire Pro

In Adobe Bridge, there is an option to make the interface bright white, and it's there for discord too, but it's called "light mode" on discord. Can you implement this for Adobe Premiere pro too?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Source monitor waveform color follows label color

It would be neat if the waveform in source monitor was not always the usual yellowish tint, but instead color coded depending on the label color assigned to each clip.
    So if I have a blue label assigned to a footage item in project window, this color will be respected and the source monitor will show this color tint instead.
    Why?
    Useful when sorting multiple clips, where one is not familiar with waveform form and switching through them to decide which to select, will give a color coded hint.
    Since editors are most often visual memory types this will add…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Center new sequences vertically, allow user to define default # of tracks with New Sequence From Clip

I frequently use "New Sequence from Clip". 1.) Allow user to change the default # of tracks when using "New Sequence from Clip"? 2.) Center the number of vertically (with a little room above top video track). I always have to manually drag the tracks up so I can see all my audio channels. It is cumbersome to have to do this every time I create a new sequence. See pic 1: Premiere default. Pic 2 is a good view for a new sequence, but I have to do it manually for every new sequence, which is cumbersome.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Center new sequences vertically, allow user to define default # of tracks with New Sequence From Clip

I frequently use "New Sequence from Clip". 1.) Allow user to change the default # of tracks when using "New Sequence from Clip"? 2.) Center the number of vertically (with a little room above top video track). I always have to manually drag the tracks up so I can see all my audio channels. It is cumbersome to have to do this every time I create a new sequence. See pic 1: Premiere default. Pic 2 is a good view for a new sequence, but I have to do it manually for every new sequence, which is cumbersome.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Center new sequences vertically, allow user to define default # of tracks with New Sequence From Clip

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Center new sequences vertically, allow user to define default # of tracks with New Sequence From Clip

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Premiere 15.0 Control Surface loupedeck+ support + Logitech Mouse Issue

I lost Loupedeck+ control surface support in Premiere 15.0, so I updated the plugin for v15.0 from the manufacturer and added it to the plugin folder of Premiere. I can now select the device in Settings>Control Surfaces but the device won't respond unless I have Premiere 14.9 also opened at the same time with it's own plugin in the correct folder. It is a very annoying work around, could this please be fixed?

Also, in updating to Premiere 15.0 I lost the ability to scrub on the timeline with the left and right options of the middle button/scrolling wheel of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Premiere 14.5.0 Bug - Keyboard shortcuts are not working in the "Project" window

Control + Shift + / is not duplicating assets in the project panel and "Delete" is not removing assess from the project panel. Control + S also isn't working while in the project panel. (may be important to note: the project I'm working on is from the previous version of premiere pro. issue occurred after update this morning)

I also can't click and drag objects in the Project window (objects are currently in a bin and I'd like to drag them to a different bin)

Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-6850k CUP @ 3.60GHz
    32 GB Ram
    MSI G1 GA-X99-Ultra…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a CMD/Alt + Up Arrow shortcut for bin navigation

Hi there!

There's a keyboard shortcut I constantly keep trying to use but doesn't exist in Premiere Pro: Navigate Up (in the Project panel).

I can expand and collapse bins with Left and Right Arrow keys but if I open a bin in its own window, I'd love to be able to quickly navigate back up the folder tree using a shortcut.

This is a standard shortcut in macOS Finder and Windows Explorer and I use it every day.

Thanks - by the way, you are awesome.

Maxim Jago

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add metadata info in Audio Names

Heyya it would be great to get the audio metadata information with the audio names in the Timeline. Currently, it just says Ch1 Ch2 Ch3 etc, whereas in Da Vinci Resolve, the same clips will say Boom Lav1 Lav2 etc. Be great to catch up to Resolve on this one, cheers!

I have a picture of the Resolve audio tracks, but the new "Drop or click to upload files" button doesn't work on Chrome in Big Sur 11.2 ;/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow sequence label colors to be visible on timeline tab

I would like to be able to see the colour label applied to any given open timeline, within the timeline tab.

For example, I have multiple timelines and sequences within a project, and I am colour coding them, eg a specific colour once archived, and it would be great to see these label colors as a little square within the tab at the top of each timeline to the left to the sequence name.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Startup Template like AE preferences

It would be a fantastic workflow improvement adding the feature "New Projects loads template" feature, as known in After Effects (which can be set in Preferences).

This is a huge timesaver, especially when (co)working in teams, as you don't have to setup some bin structure manually each time. As we all know about deadlines becoming tighter every day, I've been handed out so many times some totally messed up projects, where it took me 100 of reveals to find what I was looking for ;-)

Cheers and thanks,
    Phil

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG: Audio multiple mono timeline tracks not working

When importing a stereo file from a camera that is not truly meant to be stereo (ch1 = lav audio, ch2 = boom audio), one used to be able to go to Adobe Premiere SETTINGS>Audio>DEFAULT AUDIO 2ch to mono and all clips would then drop into a timeline as separate mono A1, A2, etc. Now that setting has moved to SETTINGS>TIMELINE>default audio, but if you change it and create a new timeline it still creates STANDARD timeline channel (adobe's term for a stereo file inside a single A1 timeline audio channel).

It's mind numbing if you are like me and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For ALL CC apps there should be global options for saving, cache, scratch disk etc...

For ALL CC apps, there should be global options for saving, cache, scratch disk etc...

Have a centralised set of options to make global save locations in the main interface of the Creative Cloud Desktop app would take processing information to a greater level. Most people that have CC all apps have multiple HDD/SSD internal and external, yet this minor change would have a significant effect on production workflow.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. AAF mixdown video settings + possibility to make AAF of nested sequences

Would be great in a future update:
    1. You can choose the mixdown video settings when making a AAF file. And therefore not a mixdown video of the default sequence settings format (in my case 4K, so huge mxf file)
    2. A possibility to make a AAF of nested sequences. Now Premiere Pro exports the audio of a nested sequence into two mono files (left and right bounce) instead of all separate audio files in the main sequence.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base