Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug - "Automatically clear settings on application quit" doesn't work

There's a button that's supposed to clear alternate user settings on quit. It doesn't work at all.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When deleting workspaces they do not go away

I was trying to delete the learning workspace and it deletes but comes right back after I open the project again. It doesn't keep the workspaces in the order I put them in

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Separate label categories and colors for stills vs graphics

Currently, with label colors, the default for stills also applies to titles (and any changes I make also apply to both). It would be nice to have these separated out so I don't have to do this manually. Right now I am working on a project composed entirely of stills and titles, so this is quite important for keeping things clear.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Uploading/Downloading user settings to cloud shows date of last activity

It would be great if when one goes to upload or download settings from the cloud, the date/time of the settings on the cloud is indicated... or that the information is at least shown in the cloud app. At times I've wanted to trash my preferences, and re-download my settings from the cloud, but was afraid I had made keyboard/preference changes since the last upload. It would be helpful to at least know when they were last updated.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. export from 4k project (Proxy 1080)

Hello,

Concerning the proxy format it is hard to believe that in the year 2018 Adobe Premiere Pro CC can’t have a build in preset for creating 1080 proxes. We are in 4k video world, editing-zooming 720 proxes is not the way to go.
    Before the latest update we didn’t have any problem of creating and using 1080 proxes in our editing workflow. What happened since 12.1.1 version ?

The other improvements are great, specially the colour match and better synchronisation for building multicam stems.

Best Regards
    Jef

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a preference to reset preferences

Wouldn't it be great if the preferences panel itself had an option for "Reset preferences to factory default (requires restart)"?

Many users have no idea what keys to press when launching Premiere to reset preferences. Those keys also vary between Adobe apps, and it would be great if they were the same on all apps.

A simple preference checkbox would make this more discoverable.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Prem Pro - Marker Colour Icons; add short description text beneath icon

Given there are seven colours available to be assigned to different markers on the timeline, is it possible to have a way of adding a short code to each colour so as it appears beneath the icon in the Markers Dialogue (this is the dialogue that opens when a marker is double clicked) and also in the Marker Panel which shows all the small marker dialogues with the thumbnails.

Is this too trivial a request when the world and Adobe are moving to 4K, VR and all the latest developments?

Am I the only one who thought of this request?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow Enterprise accounts to manage their own activated devices

I can manage this in my personal account, but for some reason I don't understand Adobe, you have removed this from Enterprise accounts. You allow 2 installs, so why take this away from Enterprise? My IT department doesn't know why this is removed nor do they know how to manage this aside from just installing and waiting for you to tell us we must deactivate another device.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bins don't bring up custom views on restart

I have a custom bin view that includes headings I created using Add Properties in the Metadata Display window. I saved this bin configuration as a Custom setting, but each day, upon launching Premiere, that bin does not contain those custom (Add Properties) columns. Choosing the custom bin name from the pulldown menu in the Metadata Display window always restores those columns and their contents, but shouldn't they appear automatically?

Martin

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix The Way Workspace Short Cuts are Assigned

Short cut keys need to stay with their assigned Workspace and not change when you add a new workspace. Also the names of the workspaces needs to be displayed in the assign keyboard shortcuts menu rather than"Workspace1, Workspace 2" etc.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make timecode overlay in Trim mode consistent with timecode in timeline

It's great to be able to change the timecode display in the sequence but it falls flat when the TC overlays only display source footage timecode as SMPTE. If I'm slipping or sliding shots the overlays aren't displayed as frames if i've selected frame TC display in my timeline.

The ability to toggle from SMPTE to frames or whatever TC display is defined in the source monitor would be awesome.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix The Way Workspace Short Cuts are Assigned

Short cut keys need to stay with their assigned Workspace and not change when you add a new workspace. Also the names of the workspaces needs to be displayed in the assign keyboard shortcuts menu rather than"Workspace1, Workspace 2" etc.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I want my scroll wheel back to expanding layers size in the timeline or allow mouse mapping so I can remove the "alt" function

Allow mouse mapping so I can get back to the old scroll wheel changing the track sizes without the need for an "Alt"

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. workspace & transmit

the ability to tie the mercury transmit on/off option to a workspace layout.
    if I'm doing color I want my second monitor to playback the video out. if I'm doing general editing, I want my second monitor for tabs. right now I have to go into preferences to turn on or off mercury transmit before I activate a different workspace. would be great if workspaces were smart enough to do this for me. also in general switching workspaces is much slower then it should be. every once and a while even causes a crash.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. .kys file

Make it easier to import a .kys file into Preferences. Right now it has to be in a specific folder in order for Premiere to "see" it. Having an option to import a .kys file would improve the experience, if Premiere loses track of the file (happens sometimes when the work environment has to be changed).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 9 10 12 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base