Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Workspaces not working

Saved Workspaces do not work in Premiere Pro. When I arrange my windows the way I like them, I go Workspaces --> Save As New Workspace, title and save it. But when I close Premiere and re-open a project, the windows are not where I saved them. If I go to Workspaces --> and select the new one I just saved, nothing changes!

It was suggested that I file a bug report.

Here's the original thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2514315

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Place label colors next to label names in the timeline menu.

I like to change my clip colors by right clicking a clip or group of clips in the timeline, going to >label> then selecting the label color. With all of the new color options I have a hard time remembering which color is which, and which color I've selected for specific characters, locations, or scenes in my timeline. Would be great just to have a small swatch next to the color name to quickly identify!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shortcut for reverse clip

A shortcut to immediately reverse a clip.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change default names when duplicating item in Project Panel

Any time I duplicate a file in the Project Panel, the default name is "copy 01." There needs to be a way to change this default so that it doesn't say "copy." Why can't it just create a sequential file name like in After Effects? I label sequences as version numbers, so it would be great to just duplicate and have the sequence labeled as "v2" then "v3" instead of "v1 copy 1." It's very annoying and a waste of time re-naming sequences over and over again.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default Export Type Not Just From Same Timeline

I'd like Premiere to be able save a default export type instead of always making me pick. I get that when I re-encode an existing timeline it takes the last one, but I want a default across my project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ease In & Out Hotkey Option

Hi, please add the option to set Hotkeys for Ease In and Ease Out of Keyframes! I don't know how many hours of my life this has allready cost me, always having to right click and chose Ease In or Out! PLEASE make it happen!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow for the extended range of lumetri values with slider.

make it so that you can select extended values for things like contrast that only go from -100 to 100 on the slider now but can have values between -150 to 150 manually set

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Play audio while scrubbing unticks itself

Play audio while scrubbing in the prefs keeps unticking itself everytime I start the programme. I use PP version 12.1.2

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. keyframe besier handles in Program window too small

When editing spacial key frames in the Program window to adjust bezier paths, the path, keyframe points, and bezier handles are difficult to see and click on. Larger points and handles would be great. The ability to customize the color and size in preferences would be preferable. It is possible now to adjust the brightness but not the size or color.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug: keyboard shortcuts don't import after version update

When updating versions of premiere, my keyboard shortcuts do not come with me to the new version. I've tried: selecting import preferences during the software update, and my preferences for "sync settings" include keyboard shortcuts. I've even tried manually moving the .kys file from the previous version to the next. All to no avail. We shouldn't have to manually enter new shortcuts for every update. Other people seem to have this problem too: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2358348

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sync Keyboard layouts

I have had to get new computers and switch to new ones a lot lately. My settings never sync to the new machines and I always have to remake all my keyboard shortcuts. Keyboard shortcuts should be attached to my CC account not the app on the computer. That way we can download our keyboard or workspace layouts when we upgrade gear or have to restore apps.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add metadata display properties for average bit rate on media files and codec/"editing mode" for sequences

We work with a large number of media files and sequences in a single project with different codecs and bit rates. It would be helpful if there were Metadata Display options for both video bit rate and sequence codec (shown as Editing Mode in the sequence settings).

There is a Metadata display for "Video Bit Rate" in the AS-11 section, but not all video files contain the metadata in that configuration.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Customizable Focus Highlight Color

It would be really great if the end user could choose a Focus Highlight Color from a color wheel and set it to any shade he/she requires. This will add tremendous value to PP as end users truly love customizing the look and feel of a product they use on a daily basis. I have attached an example I saw on a forum.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. dark on light interface

I would like you to bring back the option to have a dark-on-light interface. The current interface color makes it hard to read text, and all that dark gray looks depressing and somewhat sinister. I want an interface that looks happy and wholesome, like something professionals use during the daytime - not a dark, creepy "interface of the night".

Most of your users are creative professionals with strong ideas about color and design. I'm sure we would all love to be able to turn off the default interface colors and customize our own, to make the interface look just how…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keyboard Shortcuts Locking up in 13.1.0

In 13.1.0 (193), was trying to adjust a keyboard shortcut and the whole program would lock up for about a minute before I could close the window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Sony camera presets

When you create a new sequence, there are presets based on cameras that filmed the footage you are importing. Like ARRI, Canon, Red, AVCHD, Digital SLR. It would be great to have a list of the Sony cameras presets. Sony Alpha Mirrorless presets. (with options, of course

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Workspaces missing when updating from 2018 (12.1.2) to 2019 (13.0)

After updating my Premiere version to CC 13.0, my workspaces stored in Creative Cloud settings refuse to sync. The settings were on the computer and worked with 12.1.2, but after updating to 13.0, I can no longer see any of the existing workspaces and I can't seem to re-add them using another computer with the same workspaces synced with Creative Cloud. I will be reverting to the previous version until I can actually use my own settings with the new version!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. load custom video tracks onto new sequence preset

I would like to be able to load my custom video tracks onto a new sequence preset. Apparently I can only do it with audio. It would save a lot of time. If I'm creating a sequence preset it's because I want to save time and start working immediately. Instead of having to name my video tracks every time I start a new project. If you can do it with audio, please make it available for video tracks.

Thank you very much,
    Ricardo

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base