Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give us unified file names AND custom color labels in the Timeline (i.e. fix Project Settings checkbox)

The current "Display the project item name and label color for all instances" option in the Project Settings window is of extremely limited use to editors since it only allows users to turn the option on or off for BOTH item names and label colors at the same time.

This makes it impossible to rename clips/subclips/nests in the Project window and have the new names automatically propagate to all Sequence instances IF the user also wants to identify items in the Timeline with custom color labels. A single checkbox to control 2 different options at once in an "all or…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Premiere 14.5.0 Bug - Keyboard shortcuts are not working in the "Project" window

Control + Shift + / is not duplicating assets in the project panel and "Delete" is not removing assess from the project panel. Control + S also isn't working while in the project panel. (may be important to note: the project I'm working on is from the previous version of premiere pro. issue occurred after update this morning)

I also can't click and drag objects in the Project window (objects are currently in a bin and I'd like to drag them to a different bin)

Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-6850k CUP @ 3.60GHz
    32 GB Ram
    MSI G1 GA-X99-Ultra…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Status ON/OFF to pop-up window "your video was exported successfully"

Any chance to turn it off? I'm doing over 50 renders per day and this new thing comes after the render is really annoying.
    Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow sequence label colors to be visible on timeline tab

I would like to be able to see the colour label applied to any given open timeline, within the timeline tab.

For example, I have multiple timelines and sequences within a project, and I am colour coding them, eg a specific colour once archived, and it would be great to see these label colors as a little square within the tab at the top of each timeline to the left to the sequence name.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. enable ProRes RAW files have individual exposure adjustment

Due to ProRes RAW being limited within the MAster Settings tab for adjustment, when duplicating files to create a layer or otherwise, the exposure adjustment remains and can not be changed without affecting the original file as well. would be great if when creating a duplicate there can be a toggle to link or unlink files to have individual adjustment to the exposure.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. DV capture setting gone [BUG]

For the capture settings, I only have an option to capture HDV and not DV. This only occurred after I updated my macbook pro to Catalina. Please fix this issue

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. For ALL CC apps there should be global options for saving, cache, scratch disk etc...

For ALL CC apps, there should be global options for saving, cache, scratch disk etc...

Have a centralised set of options to make global save locations in the main interface of the Creative Cloud Desktop app would take processing information to a greater level. Most people that have CC all apps have multiple HDD/SSD internal and external, yet this minor change would have a significant effect on production workflow.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring back Label Color in Project Panel list mode, PLEASE

Where did the label colors go in the Project window when in 'List' mode? That was a relevant and useful tool. If you hover in the panel, it says it is there, but alas, there are no little squares.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. add metadata info in Audio Names

Heyya it would be great to get the audio metadata information with the audio names in the Timeline. Currently, it just says Ch1 Ch2 Ch3 etc, whereas in Da Vinci Resolve, the same clips will say Boom Lav1 Lav2 etc. Be great to catch up to Resolve on this one, cheers!

I have a picture of the Resolve audio tracks, but the new "Drop or click to upload files" button doesn't work on Chrome in Big Sur 11.2 ;/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"l

If you've gone through 14 iterations of Premiere Pro without it, how can you possibly think that adding the extremely irritating "Your video was exported successfully" would be helpful?

And having made that mistake, you then don't have somewhere in Preferences for switching it off. I wish I hadn't been forced to do the update.... Hopefully someone will implement the change by the next update.

Just out of interest, I'm making a documentary where I am wading through hours of rushes taking out literally dozens, possibly over a hundred little clips. I'm going to have to click on "Okay" EVERY…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improved Clip and Sequence Marker Functionality for Export and Interoperability

The ability to work with, export, save and import Clip and Sequence Markers in Adobe Premiere Pro needs to be dramatically improved.

There needs to be a function that allows you to export ALL clip markers from ALL the individual clips that are laid out in one sequence. At the moment you only seem to be able to export Sequence markers or clip markers individually from individual clips. The ability to export everything into one document would be much better.

There needs to be a better way of exporting these markers into a document - the current export as HTML…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it possible to set "Project Auto Save" Same as Project in "Production Settings"

We like Premiere Production and we would like to be able to set Auto Save "Same as Projects" , so that auto save are saved inside the projects folders.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sequence setting 1920x817 not working

When I change my sequence settings to 1920x817 for an anamorphic look instead of doing what it normally does it adds black bars on the sides of the footage instead of making it look anamorphic

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the "Display The Project Item Name and Label Color" Option in the Project Settings a full featured Preference

I would love it if you would promote/move the "Display The Project Item Name and Label Color" setting option that currently lives in the Project Setting Dialog to a full featured preference.

I want this setting to be turned on for every single project I work on - but because it is attached at a project basis and not a program basis, every single time I make a new project I need to go in to that panel and turn it on. Please put this into the normal presence panel and make it a global setting that applies to every…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Join Selected Through Edits mappable to keyboard

Currently the options are this:
    -OPTION 1: select some 'through edits' and choose from drop down menu to Join them.

-OPTION 2: Join ALL Through Edits (which is also mappable to a key.

HOWEVER, joining ALL through edits can cause effects (pics) or levels and effects (audio) on the right hand side of any Through Edit to disappear.

Solution - and there are two:
    1, allow option to map not just "Join ALL Through Edits" but "Join SELECTED Through Edits" AND "Join Through Edits between IN and OUT on Target Tracks"

2, Make "Join ALL Through Edits" only work where…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Step Forward/Backward by # of seconds as an option.

I work with a variety of frame rates and need to be able to step forward/backward by seconds rather than by frames. 5 frames is completely useless, and setting it to 30 frames is better but only really works when editing 29.97 footage. My company also works with 23.98 and 25 fps and frames aren't useful in these instances.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Guide presets for the program monitor

Pressing ctrl and R brings up the rulers in the program monitor and you have to manually move the rulers and right click on them to enter the ruler positions. Without external shortcuts like auto hotkey to do this quicker, instead I propose ruler presets. Pressing CTRL R will continue to bring up the guides, but you can enter guide presets in a menu and select that preset in a hamburger icon on the top left of the program monitor in the guides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In premiere export settings add start queue auto and avoid adobe encoder auto pop window

In premiere export settings close to Queue add two extra options to tick
    -Star Queue automatically in adobe encoder so I don't have to be load and click in start
    -avoid auto pop adobe encoder window so I can continue working in premiere while is exporting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Audio Hardware > Main Output devices to be defined by keyboard shortcut & others.

I've seen this requested quite a bit, but having an option to create a keyboard shortcut to quickly switch Premiere's audio output will ultimately cut down time and increase convenience for the user and/or reviewer. Audio Hardware is generally just the tip of the iceberg as more quick control over other preferences should exist as well, such as removing media cache, changing the brightness, maybe even memory adjustments for the more resource-concerned. It's the little things that keep us happy Adobe - A huge thanks from myself and many others if you can push this through.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Default Essential Sound Tab to EDIT

I understand the desire to promote the new stock music. but 99% of the time I go to Essential Sound it's to...WORK ON THE SOUND.

Please make the edit tab default, not the browse for STOCK tab.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base