Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reinstate DV capture to Premiere Pro!

Catalina (Mac OS) has nullified the DV capture setting for Premiere Pro. Editors need this feature desperately. Please bring it back. I have lots of old tapes I need to capture. Am I supposed use iMovie?We pay for these features. Please add them back.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

77 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please fix the use of Control Surfaces

Ever since version 15 the use of Mackie protocol controlled surfaces no longer works, not even in 15.1. Please fix this! Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give us unified file names AND custom color labels in the Timeline (i.e. fix Project Settings checkbox)

The current "Display the project item name and label color for all instances" option in the Project Settings window is of extremely limited use to editors since it only allows users to turn the option on or off for BOTH item names and label colors at the same time.

This makes it impossible to rename clips/subclips/nests in the Project window and have the new names automatically propagate to all Sequence instances IF the user also wants to identify items in the Timeline with custom color labels. A single checkbox to control 2 different options at once in an "all or…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow import of settings/keyboard shortcuts/workspaces from v14 (2020 release) to v15 (2021 release)

I was just informed by Rohan on Adobe's support team that Premiere v15 (2021 release) cannot import settings such as customized keyboard shortcuts and workspaces from the previous v14.9 (2020 release). This seems like a huge oversight in Adobe’s development, if you cannot import from previous versions. Having to recreate settings wastes a lot of time for professionals using their software, and leaves me not using Adobe’s current releases.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Premiere 15.0 Control Surface loupedeck+ support + Logitech Mouse Issue

I lost Loupedeck+ control surface support in Premiere 15.0, so I updated the plugin for v15.0 from the manufacturer and added it to the plugin folder of Premiere. I can now select the device in Settings>Control Surfaces but the device won't respond unless I have Premiere 14.9 also opened at the same time with it's own plugin in the correct folder. It is a very annoying work around, could this please be fixed?

Also, in updating to Premiere 15.0 I lost the ability to scrub on the timeline with the left and right options of the middle button/scrolling wheel of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please remove "Auto-save" function from stopping the workflow.

I have auto-save setup for every 2 minutes because Premiere crashes so much. I've used this product since 2010. I'll be in the flow of editing and auto-save will pop up and temporarily disable everything until it goes away. It's extremely distracting and I wish it didn't disrupt me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Premiere 14.5.0 Bug - Keyboard shortcuts are not working in the "Project" window

Control + Shift + / is not duplicating assets in the project panel and "Delete" is not removing assess from the project panel. Control + S also isn't working while in the project panel. (may be important to note: the project I'm working on is from the previous version of premiere pro. issue occurred after update this morning)

I also can't click and drag objects in the Project window (objects are currently in a bin and I'd like to drag them to a different bin)

Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-6850k CUP @ 3.60GHz
    32 GB Ram
    MSI G1 GA-X99-Ultra…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add metadata info in Audio Names

Heyya it would be great to get the audio metadata information with the audio names in the Timeline. Currently, it just says Ch1 Ch2 Ch3 etc, whereas in Da Vinci Resolve, the same clips will say Boom Lav1 Lav2 etc. Be great to catch up to Resolve on this one, cheers!

I have a picture of the Resolve audio tracks, but the new "Drop or click to upload files" button doesn't work on Chrome in Big Sur 11.2 ;/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow sequence label colors to be visible on timeline tab

I would like to be able to see the colour label applied to any given open timeline, within the timeline tab.

For example, I have multiple timelines and sequences within a project, and I am colour coding them, eg a specific colour once archived, and it would be great to see these label colors as a little square within the tab at the top of each timeline to the left to the sequence name.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. enable ProRes RAW files have individual exposure adjustment

Due to ProRes RAW being limited within the MAster Settings tab for adjustment, when duplicating files to create a layer or otherwise, the exposure adjustment remains and can not be changed without affecting the original file as well. would be great if when creating a duplicate there can be a toggle to link or unlink files to have individual adjustment to the exposure.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Frame Blended on Time Remappping

I do a lot of time-lapse work, I love how to frame blending can add some motion blur, just wish I could blend the frames when I time-remap as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. For ALL CC apps there should be global options for saving, cache, scratch disk etc...

For ALL CC apps, there should be global options for saving, cache, scratch disk etc...

Have a centralised set of options to make global save locations in the main interface of the Creative Cloud Desktop app would take processing information to a greater level. Most people that have CC all apps have multiple HDD/SSD internal and external, yet this minor change would have a significant effect on production workflow.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bring back Label Color in Project Panel list mode, PLEASE

Where did the label colors go in the Project window when in 'List' mode? That was a relevant and useful tool. If you hover in the panel, it says it is there, but alas, there are no little squares.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Audio Hardware default output set to "System Default". Doesn't switch between speakers and headphones when I change them in Mac OS

This is a new bug I haven't seen before. Happened in latest 15.1.0 update. When I switch between speakers and headphones in the Mac Finder toolbar, Premiere doesn't automatically switch even though the Default Output is set to "System Default". So every time I want to switch, I have to manually go into the Audio Hardware settings to switch it back and forth. I go back and forth a lot when sound mixing so it's annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Global media cache settings in CC App

It would be nice to have a setting in the CC app for global media cache settings - to set your media cache for all apps (if desired) to the same location rather than having to change it in all applicable apps separately.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"l

If you've gone through 14 iterations of Premiere Pro without it, how can you possibly think that adding the extremely irritating "Your video was exported successfully" would be helpful?

And having made that mistake, you then don't have somewhere in Preferences for switching it off. I wish I hadn't been forced to do the update.... Hopefully someone will implement the change by the next update.

Just out of interest, I'm making a documentary where I am wading through hours of rushes taking out literally dozens, possibly over a hundred little clips. I'm going to have to click on "Okay" EVERY…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Time Code Bug

I have a problem with Premiere Pro displaying the correct time code. I work in an .MP4 world where having proper time code is critical. The Preview display is always off by 1-2 seconds. My work around is going into Modify for each clip, switching to the time code tab and change the Time Display Format from "Use Default Time Display" to 59.94 fps Drop Frame Timecode. The default 59.94 Drop Frame set in my projects and sequence should be the accepted inside the preview as default. This is a huge time suck. This time code error started showing up…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Size adjustable marker thumbnails

Those who use the markers window a lot (especially on long form or doc projects) really need larger thumbnails to quickly and efficiently find a specific frame of picture. For too long we've needed this adjustment as currently the thumbnail size is so small you have to squint to find what you're after. This should also apply to the text size in the description box in case you need to make certain markers more visible than others.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improved Clip and Sequence Marker Functionality for Export and Interoperability

The ability to work with, export, save and import Clip and Sequence Markers in Adobe Premiere Pro needs to be dramatically improved.

There needs to be a function that allows you to export ALL clip markers from ALL the individual clips that are laid out in one sequence. At the moment you only seem to be able to export Sequence markers or clip markers individually from individual clips. The ability to export everything into one document would be much better.

There needs to be a better way of exporting these markers into a document - the current export as HTML…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keep workspaces between updates

With every update workspaces are lost and need to be re-done and saved. EXTREEMLY annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base