Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make preview ACTUALLY work rather than gllitch and freeze and stutter during playback when you NEED TO SEE IT WORKING TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS

Make preview ACTUALLY work rather than gllitch and freeze and stutter during playback when you NEED TO SEE IT WORKING TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS
    I dont pay you £360 per year for bugs and **** ups.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We need 1.8x anamorphic desqueeze!

Since we are using Vazen and Cooke 1.8x anamorphic lenses, we need to desqueeze it in Premiere! But there are only 1.5x or 2.0x possibilities! Please add 1.8 anamorphic desqueeze (aspect ratio)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Premiere Pro 14.5: Rendered Playback Issues

Rendered playback set to FULL resolution does not always actually playback at FULL. Often drops to 1/2 or less frame rate and stutters.

Need to stop and restart playback numerous times for the software to actually engage full resolution playback.

Timeline is set to ProRes422 1920x1080.

Happens with both single GPU and with eGPU.

iMac19,1 with Vega48 with 128GB RAM, 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel i9.
    macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2).
    RX5700XT is the eGPU when in use.

This is NOT a drive speed issue. All drives connected are SSDs with minimum 450MB/s speeds. Scratch drive is NVMe with 2000MB/s. System drive is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Space bar takes the preview back several seconds, instead of just pausing.

Bug Issue-- see subject. Space bar takes the preview back several seconds, instead of just pausing where it is at. Causes the previewing and key framing to get very confusing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Flakiness - Refresh Mercury Transmit

Mac system.

If my system goes to sleep, and rewakes I have to turn my 3rd monitor back on. This is the monitor Premiere is set to use for transmit and it means that even though Premiere has Transmit enabled and the monitor checked in the preferences (if I open this dialog) the screen is not recognized or used by transmit.

Toggling transmit off and on does nothing.

What I have to do is open the pref dialog, uncheck the screen, uncheck mercury transmit, close the dialog, open the dialog, check the screen, check mercury transmit. Then the screen is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. RED 8k footage Program monitor playback bug Ver. 15.0.0

Working with RED footage in 15.0.0 is extremely choppy. Clips will play perfectly in source monitor, but when playing clip in program monitor/timeline the clip is unusable because of extreme stutter and choppy playback. Dropped frame indicator shows a lot of dropped frames. Using the same exact clip in PPCC 2019 plays perfectly in both source and program monitor with no issues or dropped frames. Ive been working with Adobe techs and have giving them as much info as possible to help resolve the issue.
    I have pin pointed the exact issue and I have even created a video showing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. RED 8k footage Program monitor playback bug Ver. 15.0.0

Working with RED footage in 15.0.0 is extremely choppy. Clips will play perfectly in source monitor, but when playing clip in program monitor/timeline the clip is unusable because of extreme stutter and choppy playback. Dropped frame indicator shows a lot of dropped frames. Using the same exact clip in PPCC 2019 plays perfectly in both source and program monitor with no issues or dropped frames. Ive been working with Adobe techs and have giving them as much info as possible to help resolve the issue.
    I have pin pointed the exact issue and I have even created a video showing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [BUG] Global FX Mute not available as of Premiere CC21

The button is not in the "+" menu anymore. What's happening?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. From creation to output

Include DVD (And all possible media) burning capability within the app. The fact that I had to purchase the entire Creative Cloud to be able to render a video and now that I need to copy video content to a DVD player to share with nursing homes and can NOT DO IT WITH ADOBE PRODUCTS is frustrating. Give us the ability to do one stop production. And recognize that the WORLD is not yet streaming and downloading all their content because they either do not have reliable internet or they do not have the technological capability/aptitude/money/time or will to try…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add option to view audio wave form and composite video at the same time in the source monitor

Currentyl you have to choose between audio waveform view OR video. There should be an option to have the audiowave form visible at the same time. Will help while scrubbing through source material and looking for specific moments without having to switch between the two

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reverse play keeps playing after I stop it with K key.

This is a new bug in this version. When using reverse play using the "J" key, playback keeps going for 2-3 seconds after I hit the "K" key to pause it. I have not noticed this before, and I have the same hardware as before.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Wrong part of clip showing while scrubbing interpreted footage

While scrubbing through footage in the source panel that I have interpreted from 60fps to 24fps, the preview image on the source panel doesn't align with my actual location in the clip. This makes it virtually impossible to scrub through footage and set in and out points.

This is version 14.3.2. I don't remember this ever happening with earlier versions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Transmit monitor options

Would be nice to be able to set the transmit monitor properties to match your external device. At the moment if you have any material played from the source monitor that is above the resolution or framerate of your external monitor the screen will go black.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. MPEG2 IBP Program stream files give "frame substitution recursion attempt" error

There is an inconsistency in the way Premiere Pro CC 2019 and Premiere Pro CC 2020 index MPEG2 IBP Program stream files.
    Files that are perfectly playable on the timeline in CC 2019 give "frame substitution recursion attempt" error on the timeline and preview in 2020.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Choppy Playback

My System:
    PRO: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X, 32x 3.7GHz, 128MB Cache
    GRA: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super, 8GB
    RAM: 128GB DDR4-3000 CL16, Corsair Vengeance LPX black
    SSD: 2TB Corsair MP600, M.2 PCIe 4.0

And I'm still getting choppy playback from a 40 seconds video made with jpeg pics from a mobile phone and some fading effects.
    How is that possible?????

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2020 scrubbing issues

bug report on premiere pro 2020 running on Catalina: almost every time I use the J key for reverse playback Premiere freezes or starts scrubbing at random on the timeline.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change Default Timeline Playback Speed

A large portion of my recent work has been editing steam VODS. Long, 2 to 3 hour videos that take absolutely forever to edit through. However, to make the process faster, I like to play at 2x speed. Currently, changing the playback speed like this can only be accomplished using the J and L keys to speed up or slow down the playback. This works if you want to watch it over as a whole, but for me at times you may need to pause continuously throughout the video to add a cut or two. then, when you resume playback,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Premiere Pro 14.6.0 suddenly freezes previewing

Premiere suddenly stops previewing. The playhead gets stuck at a random timeline's point, the screen freezes and I keep hearing the audio.

GPU is active, the preview quality is set to 1/4 and the timeline is composed of low resolution stills.

Very weird and annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Terrible playback with LUTs in Premiere Pro 14.5

When using LUTs in Lumetri, playback performance becomes really poor - like, stuck at 10-12fps consistently. Overall responsiveness drops as well. This is especially true with "heavier" LUTs and when using them in an adjustment layer.

Any version of Pr Pro 2020 beyond 14.3.1 exhibits this issue, so it's been around for a while. I was bummed to find that the issue is still present in 14.5 because the GPU accelerated decoding for H.264/265 media is an excellent addition.

Anyone know if Adobe is looking into this bug?

General notes:

I've noticed this problem on multiple systems (specs below)

It…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve scrubbing/fast forwarding performance with these 3 ideas!

Scrubbing and Fast Forwarding performance is often painfully slow.

Here's an example by Jayme Cowley Media Co. of scrubbing performance in Pr vs Resolve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilPUc22itSA. The associated FR he posted mentions the problem but doesn't offer any specific solutions.

Here are 3 improvements that could greatly enhance scrubbing and fast forwarding in Pr:

1. SCRUBBING/FF RESOLUTION: In addition to being able to set the Payback and Paused Resolution in the Source/Program Monitor's wrench menus, it would be great to also be able to specify the resolution that's used when scrubbing or Fast Forwarding in the Timeline or Source Monitor. This…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base