Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG - Premiere Pro 2020 14.0.1 Playback colors significantly off

When pausing footage playback from my timeline, the entire picture drops in exposure roughly 50% and it takes on an odd magenta hue as well. Once it's played again, or when actively making Lumetri slider adjustments, it returns to the correct "brighter" state until pausing again or releasing the slider.
    Playing footage from the source monitor doesn't have this issue, only the Program monitor.

In addition, when exporting in Media Encoder, it exports the proper "brighter" version, but if exporting in Premiere directly, it exports the "dimmer" version.

Downgrading to 14.0 temporarily resolves the issue, it seems to only be…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Bug] Premiere 14.0.0 No longer plays back Photoshop files with animated timelines.

PSD files that are composed of PNG sequences, or animations that make use of the timeline function within Photoshop no longer play back properly within Premiere Pro 2020 v14.0.0

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: Premiere Pro cc2020 (v14.0) - Audio Device Playback settings not working correctly

Preferences/Playback/Audio Device:
    Select something other than "Adobe Desktop Audio", such as Blackmagic Playback, and hit OK to leave settings. Playback via Blackmagic then doesn't work and returning to Preferences has "Adobe Desktop Audio" selected again. This means that you can't use 'offsets' in the same panel to make your monitoring in sync.

Tested with several Blackmagic drivers - always the same result.
    Re-tested with cc2019 and everything works fine.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Workflow Breaking Bug] 14.0.1 - Animated Photoshop PNG sequences Do Not Play

PSD files which contain animation data do not playback in the new playback engine whatsoever. This is across the board in all 2020 versions of Adobe software, including the latest update from today 14.0.1.

This is a MAJOR bug, and we will not be able to use the 2020 versions of the software until it is fixed.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Waveform disappearing in the Timeline

The audio Waveform is constantly disappearing and reappearing from the Timeline with this latest update v13.1.4 build 2. When I scroll left to right or zoom into the timeline, the waveform disappears and reappears without logic. As a result I am unable to visually edit to the audio piece and have to scrub through it to hear the audio instead.

Please fix!

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. J-K-L Bug

Playback fails as soon as I press J/K/L at double play speed, it locks in play position and I get "A low-level exception occurred: Adobe Player" error message. The timeline continues to play even after I close the project! I cannot recover until force quitting and restarting. Very time consuming and frustrating. Please help.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. IO hardware causes playback and pause delay

This has been an issue for years. Please fix it!!

When using Blackmagic or AJA hardware for mercury transmit output, the spacebar sort of lags for 8-9 frames. I.e. when you pause, the playhead goes on for another 8-9 frames. Avid does not have this issue with the same hardware. I guess you are never going to fix this because your development team sucks big time.....Seriously...fix it. I have been reading about this issue since 2010.......

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2020 Premiere Pro Timeline playback latency/Glitch

2020 won't playback multiple timelines smoothly. I play th same timelines in 2019 and they're buttery smooth. I called Adobe support and the agent couldn't fix it completely. The "semi-fix" was to check the open project in low resolution when you first open the project, but the stutter didn't go away completely.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Screen goes Black with Corner Pin

When I add the effect, "Corner Pin" to my footage then add a square mask using the corner pin effect, then increase zoom level to 100%, the screen goes black when I use the scroll bars to move to the bottom left corner of the video.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug-Premiere Pro 13.1 Having an issue playing .mp4 files that played fine in 13.03

Bug-Premiere Pro 13.1 Having an issue playing .mp4 files that played fine in 13.03

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Premiere Pro 2020 Mercury Transmit glitching (with Blackmagic Design hardware, SDI)

There seems to be a mismatch between the latest 14.0 version of Premiere and the drivers for the BMD mini monitor (Blackmagic Desktop Video v11.4.1) which feeds into my Flanders Scientific reference monitor.

When trying to playback footage in the timeline the monitor will glitch showing green frames and intermittent frames, also has trouble keeping up sync. The CTI also lags and stops with a delay in the timeline when transmitting through blackmagic hardware. This does not happen when transmitting to a regular external monitor. This is on a complete fresh install, already trashed preferences, trashed media cache, etc.

Can…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. CC2020 Time-Remapping Bug

Time remapping simply isn't working correctly in CC2020. The clip will play correctly right up until it hits the time-remap curve, and then the clip will freeze. It doesn't fix it if I turn off my GPU, it doesn't fix it if I render previews. Doing all my time-remapping in AE right now.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Super slow playback in longer sequences

BUG: after pressing play, the timeline takes about 10-30 seconds to start playing, and becomes very choppy.

CPU & GPU usage very low during the 10-30 seconds.

Hardware:
    i7-8700K
    GTX 1070
    Latest drivers

Premiere Pro 2020

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Premiere V14 Can't Playback Arri Alexa .MOV files through UltraStudio 4k Extreme

In Premiere V13, Arri Alexa .MOV files play back to the broadcast monitor nicely through an attached BM UltraStudio 4k Extreme.

In Premiere V14, Arri Alexa .MOV files will not play back the the broadcast monitor with an attached BM UltraStudio 4k Extreme, without a lot of flickering and green flashing.

Note that play back in both V13 and V14 to the GUI looks perfectly fine. It's only a problem with how V14 outputs to a broadcast monitor through the UltraStudio that is problematic.

2019 Mac Pro
    Catalina

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Having the playback to stop instantaneously

Hi !

If I don't mind waiting for the playback to start, I find it extremely anoying having it not to stop when pressing the space bar. Sometimes it keeps playing for 10 seconds before stoping.

Space bar should be sort of an overide emergency brake on video playback at all time !

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multicam play without requiring track enable/disables

Right now multicam works on the lowest enabled track. If you want it to work on track 2, you have to make sure track 1 is disabled and track 2 is enabled.

This is bad design. It requires constant switching of track status and makes it impossible to view a sequence continuously if you use multicam clips on multiple tracks. The ideal situation is that the multicam viewer show whatever is on the highest enabled track in use.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. [Buy] Premiere 14.0: Mercury Transit Glitchy

I have two monitors, I'm using the second monitor with Mercury Transit to view a full screen version of playback. I'm seeing various issues, for example:

• when starting up the computer/premiere pro the second monitor doesn't display the full screen playback at all even though mercury transit is on

• when turning off mercury transit and on again the full screen playback randomly appears partially in the corner of the screen

• it has frozen several times and sometimes can only be fixed after restarting machine or closing premiere

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please implement Metal GPU and RED SDK support in CC2020

Us pro editors that edit with RED footage are forced to go back to CC2019 because CC2020 is very problematic editing RED footage.
    Heres an article pretty much confirming what us RED footage editors are experiencing in CC2020

https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/12/13/red-apple-complete-metal-gpu-accelerated-r3d-support/

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Regular video playback stutters. Premiere Pro 2020

My Video playback on my Timeline and Source window stutter. The screen tears, the video's frames switch frames back and forth while there are no issues in audio playback.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Maximizing undocked Panel on Windows

It would be great if you could maximize an undocked Panel like on Mac OS.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base