Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full Screen Preview for Camera Angles

The Program and Source Monitors can both be toggled in/out of Full Screen mode with a single keyboard shortcut, a fantastic feature. Why then can't the Program Monitor display in Full Screen when it's displaying Camera Angles, either with the Multi-Camera Preview Monitor on or off? A window that can be viewed in Full Screen should always allow full screen preview, regardless of what it is displaying!

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Preroll and Postroll from In point to Out point without playing what's between those two points.

Alright, On my timeline I want to have an idea of what could be a cut. But before cutting it, I would like to have an idea of how this cut could work. The idea is to create an IN point and an OUT point to determine the area we would like to cut. Then by using a special shortcut , it will lunch the playback for exemple 2s BEFORE the IN point, when it reach the IN point , the playhead goes directly to OUT point and stop the playback 2 second after the OUT point.
    So we can…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Uploading footage that is 60 fps but premiere says it is 30fps, ruining playback.

I was trying to figure out why when I am editing my footage why all of a sudden the video track would constantly be skipping but the audio stayed completely fine. I think I figured it out, I recorded a bunch of video in 60 fps (59.94) but in premiere in the properties says it is 30fps (29.97). I think that is probably what is causing this problem. Kind of frustrated because just got premiere but cant edit my video. I use a nikon d5200 to film, so not sure if that has something to do with it. Please Help!!!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. BUG: After muting a track, tracks mute/unmute themselves during playback.

Not sure how to reproduce. I'm seeing this behavior in Premiere 12.1.2. My coworker is still on 12.1.1 and says it's there too.

https://streamable.com/ji45l

Impact is high because this behavior means I can't edit until moving to a timeline that works.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix a Autio Bug

I am having this problem where when ever I import a video when I play it it has no audio. I know this isn't the video because when I play the video in for example Movies & TV (downloaded on my PC) it plays fine

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug: Speed/Duration not rendering properly

I'm currently using 59.94fps .mp4 files from a Canon 6D Mk. II, and I'm using them in an Premiere Pro CC project that's 24fps. (Or, more specifically, 23.976fps) and when I take those 59.94 fps files and slow them down to 40% (matching the project's framerate), they become very buggy in the beginning. Bad stuttering not related to performance, sometimes inserting red frames. I can't figure out how to reproduce this bug either. I have been experiencing it all day for the last few hours, and when I went to render a sample clip for this report, I couldn't get…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. BUG: Playback and sequence editing breaks completely when 'Icon View' is used in media browsers

Very simple, the entire sequence panel is rendered useless if 'Icon View' is used in the media browser. Using list view solves the issue. Video attached.

I would consider this a major defect, as I've seen tons of forum posts which appear to be related, but no one seems to know what causes this or how to fix it. I only stumbled upon this fix by chance. Most people would not consider switching to list view.

Specs:
    Software: Premiere Pro Version 12.1.2 (Build 69)
    Processor: Intel i7-6700k
    RAM: 32GB
    Graphics: AMD Radeon Vega 64
    Footage: 4K .mp4 files, using 720p…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop playback even while scrolling in timline

Currently, hitting spacebar to stop playback is unresponsive while I'm scrolling (horizontally) in the timeline. It only stops playback if I'm sitting still (no scrolling). This seems an odd request, but I find myself in this situation a lot while trying to edit and scan quickly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Smooth Scroll Playback Bug

Win 10 Premiere Pro CC 12.2. When playback scroll settings are changed from page scroll to smooth scroll, playback becomes unresponsive. Cannot stop playback. Switching or minimizing application sometimes forces playback to stop but often will have to be force quit or wait out timeline playback to end. This issue has been unresolved since its implimentation at least on pc.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Scroll timeline, not jump

I think it would be much more useful if the timeline would scroll during playback, keeping the currently displayed frame in the center of the panel rather than having the timeline jump. It becomes very annoying when trying to edit video or audio when zoomed in all the way and the current frame jumps off the screen when you play back. Also the sliders are not very good. I think it would be more useful to have a zoom and a scrub slider. If the timeline is zoomed in all the way, and the project is more than a minute,…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. FIX full screen playback preview not scaling correctly

This bug is really making us crazy. As we NEED to be able to fullscreen playback in 4k monitors. This bug has been in the Adobe forums seen 2014.

Here is the best post to understand the importance of making this get to developers. The industries continue growing, and so does the resolution.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10548014?et=watches.email.outcome#10548014

I found a momentary solution for this bug, it could help to find a real solution.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow lasso select to work while playing timeline

While playing the timeline, I'd like to be able to lasso select different trims, by lassoing while holding CMD. This is great while the playhead is paused, however when doing this, it automatically moves the playhead to the selection, stopping playback. Would be great to be able to toggle that off so that I could make cuts during playback, lasso them and move them around, without having to have playback paused. Think about someone cutting a multicamera live show and working behind the playhead as it continues to move forward.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug - Now I can't play even two tracks of audio without massive dropouts.

Only two tracks of audio, no effects. All audio matches project sample rate and is uncompressed. All video is rendered. Media is reading off an SSD.

I've basically given premiere the easiest task it could ever have, but it can't play more than a minute without one or all tracks cutting out briefly or completely.

Fully up to date Premiere. Mid 2015 MacBook Pro, so not brand new but should still be capable of basic edits. I tried changing my buffer size but it hasn't made any difference. Same with video playback quality.

How has playback gotten this bad and…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It takes 10 seconds to playback anything on OSX and iMac Pro

I'm editing 4K footage in a 1080p timeline, with a $10,000 brand new iMac Pro, and every single time I hit the "play" button, it take about 10 seconds to actually play the footage. I'm using one of the fastest SSD's on the planet too (The Samsung T5's) and this is not an issue with Final Cut X. Please fix this and optimize your software for Mac's with the new OSX and AMD processors.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Random color shifts in timeline

There are random color shifts in the timeline without any effect on the video. When I delete the video previews files in the Adobe Premiere Pro Video Previews it fixes it briefly but it comes back even when that folder is empty. I've also deleted the render files and cleared out the media cache.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Random color shifts in timeline

There are random color shifts in the timeline without any effect on the video. When I delete the video previews files in the Adobe Premiere Pro Video Previews it fixes it briefly but it comes back even when that folder is empty. I've also deleted the render files and cleared out the media cache.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Trim mode viewer doesn't display correctly in broadcast output

When using trim mode or making slip and slide edits mercery transmit doesn't properly scale the image to my external monitor.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Main state of program monitor after restart

PP 2018 loses the state of the program Monitor after a restart. e.g. Multi camera view resets to Composite monitor.

As PP is not THAT stable and requires all-too-frequent restarts, it should at least maintain state over a clean application close and open.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug Report

Serious Bug Report:

For both Premiere Pro and After Effects I have found the same bug which has made it very difficult to use both programs. The Program monitor does not display the content it should be displaying unless it is set to a very large size (a larger size than I normally would set it to). What this has meant for me is that in order to accurately see what I am editing I need to use dual monitors and give the program monitor its own monitor and make it full screen. If I make it any smaller it…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base