Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If you use Match Frame before the program window has caught up and shown the frame you're on, Premiere Crashes.

Mac OS 10.13.4
    iMac 27 inch 2017
    4.2 Ghz Intel Core I7
    64 GB 2400 MHZ DDR4
    Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

Adobe CC Premiere Pro CC 12.1.0 (Build 186)

Match Frame is set to F Key. If I scrub around and hit F before the program window has caught up and rendered that frame, then PR will crash. What's causing the lag in the preview window might be the two adjustment layers along with effects on the video clips (running at 1/4 res), but to just crash from that ... :(

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. clip rendering

many times during color correction I render all the noise reduction first. then I export that piece as a prores file, then place it over the rendered clip. I do this so I can grade and render in the future without the hassle of the long render times. the issue is, if I don't manually turn off the fx in the lower track first, it still renders like it is rendering the clip below it also. I feel like a clip with 100% opacity should ignore FX on the clips below it. I believe fcp legacy operated like this. not…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: DNx/Cineform/ProRes/MultiCam Playback causes UI to become unresponsive until Alt-Tab

Whenever utilizing more lightweight codecs such as ProRes, DNx, Cineform - playback will be smooth as butter, but frequently the UI will become unresponsive. I can't click anything nor keep moving the playhead, nor use keyboard shortcuts.
    This is only resolved by clicking out of the Premiere window or alt-tabbing, then coming back. It's immediately usable again upon losing focus.
    I frequently ran into this issue in 2016 when using MultiCam view heavily, too.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Undo playhead position

Sometimes you accidentally move the playhead. It would be nice to have a command that can return it to its previous position.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Space Bar Preview in Project Panel

I know we have a tiny little preview player at the top of the project panel (which is pretty useless) and we have the source window media can be dropped into, but it would be really convenient to just hit the space bar on an item and see a larger preview window pop up playing back that media. The ability to arrow through that media using the keyboard arrows without that larger preview window closing would also be very handy.
    Just like file previewing can be done in Mac OS using the space bar and arrows buttons.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Poor Playback and Dropped Frames After 12.1.0 (Build 186) Update

Very poor playback of existing project created in 12.0 build after updating to 12.1.0 (Build 186). Dropped frames even when playing back at 1/8 resolution. Used to have smooth playback and no dropped frames at full resolution playback on non-fully rendered 4K sequence. Now same sequence on same computer, will not playback smoothly and is dropping frames even with fully rendered sequences. No other system changes. Nearly impossible to edit now. What is causing this?

Dell Inspiron 15 7577
    Sources: Panasonic GH5, 4K

UPDATED: Rolled back to prior release v12.0 and these issues went away. Performance back to normal.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug: two images below a title, bottom image invisible

During playback, when placing a title over two images on the timeline tracks, the lower image or color matte is invisible both in playback and in encore export. It will show sometimes in playback, but export always removes the lowest png image.

Using latest updated version, Windows 7 64, Dell T5600 w/ Quadro 5000.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multi-Cam Display on Transmit

We should have the ability to transmit multi-cam angles to an external monitor.

Ideally, Enable Transmit would mirror your program monitor on an external display, but it only does that for certain things...

If you're in shot comparison mode for example, Premiere transmits the program monitor to the external monitor EXACTLY as it's seen on your computer screen (with side by side or vertical/horizontal splits across the screen). But, if you're in multi-cam mode, Premiere only transmits a full screen image of your active angle.

The only workaround I know of for this is to first enable multi-cam mode for…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Horrible issue importing PNGS. Two different computers. Two different projects. Artifacts.

Upon playback or at export, image artifacts, glitches and mirrors. This is a serious problem. I use Adobe at home and am using it right now to prep for a broadcast that's on deadline. We have to ditch our broadcast graphics at this point because we cannot stop the glitch. Very disappointed. Please fix ASAP.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a pan-behind type feature to the Program window.

It would be great if you could hold down the space bar and then move the Program window around like you can in After Effects.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Premiere Pro 2019 support for Apple Pro Res Codec

Premiere Pro 2019 does not support Apple Pro Res and cannot play clips in the codec. 2018 Technically doesn't either, but I was told only half the user experience issue with Pro Res.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Time remapping

I cant change my speed/duration in Adobe Pemiere Pro 2019. Everything else works except when I want to change seed, it's disabled. Not active. Is something missing ? Thanks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multiple program monitors

More than one program monitor
    So we can compare different timelines easily

A menu where we can select what timeline to view.
    on sequences right click and open in Program monitor 1 / 2 +

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The playback to an external monitor setting keeps disconnecting.

The Payback to an external monitor feature keeps disconnecting. It works perfect on AVID, but doesn't keep connected on Premiere Pro. I even have the setting so that it should stay connected even when premiere is in the background. However, after a few minutes of work, it disconnects and the only way to reconnect is to RELAUNCH PREMIERE for the 100th time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Audio Bug Fix

My audio in the timeline blacks out after several seconds since CC 2019. I have to hit space, wait some seconds and then play the video again, only to have the black out several seconds later again...

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. REQUEST: Add keyboard shortcut to toggle second monitor on/off.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC v12.5.1
    Current method to turn on the second monitor for playback is to go to Edit > Preferences > Playback... > Video Device, and put a check in the box for Adobe Monitor 2. That's a lot of mouse clicks for a simple toggle. By comparison, Lightroom CC (an Adobe product) has this feature which toggles the display on/off with the F11 key. I'm sure lots of people would love to see this implemented.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix timeline audio glitches when playing back at 2x speed

Adobe techs, I have a private link to an example of this. Just contact me.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rendering

When I render my footage it either freezes on one frame or my media goes black when I try to play it back but the audio is still matched up what should I do?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sound stops when reaching an accelerated clip

I have a video with a music track and a video track. Some of the clips have been accelerated with the "speed/duration" function. When the speed value is quite high (e.g. 2,000%), the sound stops before this clip when playing the timeline. This is very annoying. Then I have to stop and play the part again, then it works. When I play this part later, it will not work again.

I use the latest version 2019. GPU rendering is off, the timeline is completely rendered as MPEG-2. The sequence has the format 1080p50.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Videos showing Green Overlay in Premiere Pro 2018. Both Machines are newly installed Windows 10 with Intel core i5 3Ghz, 16 GB Ram, Intel UH

While Checking export settings It has HVAC(H.265) codec. The older Windows with lower configuration are playing fine and Apple is also playing it Fine. Is there any coded or settings I need to install?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base